Damon & Bonnie Why Damon and Bonnie?

samjhart posted on Oct 27, 2009 at 02:17PM
Considering the majority of fans (of the tv show) ship Delena and book fans are divided on Damon/Bonnie, thought I'd make a forum to welcome Donnie fans (I jus made the name up) and list why exactly you are in love with this ship!

So I'll start. I read about them in the book and tho I thot Delena was sexy and all but I jus couldn't erm LOVE it. Then came the Donnie interaction - fell head over heels. It was jus..WOW. Bonnie brought out a caring, human side to Damon that I was craving to see. He cared about her and she trusted him enough to call him for help when she was in danger. I think she believed in him where even Elena gave up.

In the tv show - they look like incredibly STRONG characters who would not be intimidated by each other in a relationship. Of crz, we've actually got to see a scene with them together yet...

Gonna stop now - getting rantish lol

{The List} NOTE: Please don't copy or steal this idea. You know who you are

- Because somehow in some way they bring out the best in one another
- Because Damon sees himself in Bonnie
- Because somehow Bonnie always saves Damon
- Because Damon HAS saved Bonnie in spite of himself
- Because they're on the slow-burn and are still explosive
- Because when it comes down to it Damon could NEVER hurt Bonnie
- Because Bamon are the LOVE STORY before 'The Vampire Diaries'
- Because Damon has never lied to Bonnie
- Because Damon always can see through Bonnie even if her friends can't see through her lies
- Because Bonnie showed she trusted him with her life
- Because Damon died for her
- Because our heart broke for Bonnie when she saw Damon die - you only cry like that for someone you LOVE
- Because even in serious situations they found time to flirt
- Because Stefan totally ships them XD
- Because he blushed when she kissed him
- Because he gave her a sexy, open-mouthed kiss
- Because he noticed her bra size lol
- Because Damon teased her about the manliness of Jeremy
- Because she saved him from the witches' wrath
- Because the first time Damon saw Bonnie have a vision - he was politely puzzled
- Because Bonnie pulled one over him
- Because she was the first person to touch his true self - his soul
- Because he sees her as a 'good person'
- Because she challenged his emotional self when she saved him from the fire
- Because he did really want to 'protect' her
- Because the little hints of their backstory we've seen on the show seem AMAZING
- Because their chemistry is undeniable
- Because they outrageously flirt no matter who's there
- Because Damon rose his glass as a toast at her
- Because he eyed her up whilst she was doing a spell
- Because he was whistling at her
- Because Damon couldn't help but lick his lips when she went fiesty on his ass
- Because they are so #Married
- Because Damon automatically has no concept of personal space when it comes to Bonnie
- Because they dress in matching colours sometimes
- Because he did his eye-flirt at her
- Because he listens to her
- Because Damon tells jokes more around Bonnie
- Because Bonnie calls him "Older, sexy, danger guy" (Girl's guy radar is ON)
- Because she calls him "gorgeous" in the books
- Because he gave her sexy kiss on her back ;D
- Because he comes for his 'bird'
- Because she is worth "infinity" ordinary girls to him
- Because Bamon is so much more than lovely dovely, their wicked, bad,and not your average couple ;D
- Because we love a forbidden love story
- Because a vampire and a witch - is something to be revered
- Because they are so unpredictable together
- Because Damon kissed Bonnie in Blood Will tell before attempting to bite her
- Because that kiss had us thinking bad things
- Because on the show - he's never held anyone so physically close as he did with 'dead Bonnie'
- Because he nicknamed her
- Because she nicknamed him
- Because Damon was so emotionally affected by Bonnie's death - even though he knew she wasn't really gone
- Because she ONLY loves him!
- Because Damon couldn't slap Bonnie, instead he kiss her to calm her down in The Dinner Disaster
- Because Bonnie in the books love only him and for her he is her first choice and not the second like for Elena and Katherine
- Because they have so much passion
- Because Damon refused to let Klaus take Bonnie - with a firm "No"
- Because they both are great dancers
- Because Damon's instinct is always to protect Bonnie
- Because when Bonnie hurt Damon he never ever seeks revenge in any form
- Because in their first scene together - we love how Damon tried it on with Bonnie and how she shot him down
- Because they see right through each other
- Because in the books: Damon was beside himself with 'terror' when he realised he'd just abandoned Bonnie
- Because he couldn't take the idea of Bonnie being anyone's but his
- Because Bonnie asked Mrs Flowers how to contact the dead - so she could talk to Damon
- Because at the end of Midnight when all other visions cleared away there were only two on his mind : Bonnie's face and name
- Because he sooo checked her out in her dress in 3x09
- Because Bonnie is Damon's "humanity" in the books
- Because Damon is Bonnie's "savior"
- Because we so ship the bad boy and 'sidekick'
- Because Damon called Bonnie "good"
- Because in the Last Dance Bonnie saw real concern in Damon for herself
- Because Bonnie teases Damon
- Because Damon teases Bonnie back
- Because Bonnie is Damon's type in the books and show
- Because Damon is Bonnie's type in the books and show
- Because in After Hours Damon was fantasizing with his eyes wide open for Bonnie
- Because Damon went all poetic for Bonnie in the books
- Because Damon made Bonnie smirk-smile with his goofy dancing
- Because one look is always enough
- Because they deserve to be happy
- Because Elena is jealous of Bonnie. “I’ve also been jealous of Bonnie.” Bonnie’s head shot up, and she stared at Elena with an expression of disbelief. “I was used to being the only human Damon cared about, the only one who he would want to save.” She looked at Bonnie with tear-filled eyes. “I am so, so glad that Bonnie is alive. But I was jealous that Damon cared enough to die for her." i mean if ELENA is jealous there must be something going on! ;)
- Because the Bamily alone are enough for anyone to start shipping them XD
- Because Damon got very guilty when Bonnie mentioned him leaving her for 4 days.(Midnight)
- Because he couldn't help not looking at Bonnie, after he had undressed her. (Nightfall)
- Because Damon met Bonnie, before he met Elena. (After hours)
- Because Bonnie said he could have her anytime:
"You just don't want it to be Damon," said Meredith. "I would think you'd be more worried about him being a psycho killer than a diary thief."
"I don't know; killers are sort of romantic. Imagine your dying with his hands around your throat. He'd strangle the life out of you, and the last thing you'd see would be his face." Putting her own hands to her throat, Bonnie gasped and expired tragically, ending up draped across the bed. "He can have me anytime," she said, eyes still closed.
- Because Damon kissed Bonnie at Alaric Saltzmans party.
- Because Damon got the ability to make Bonnie laugh:
She heard Damon's low ironical voice: "And have you heard that kissing a red-haired girl cures fever blisters?" And then Bonnie's outrageous, flattered laughter.(The Struggle)
- Because they are "cut from the same cloth" aka are SoulMates
- Because Ian admitted he read the Bamon book scenes *squee*
- Because Kat said: "The most profound bond Bonnie has is with Damon"
- Because Ian said Bamon is "Wow!"
- Because Ian said that Bamon "really works"
- Because KG&IS ship them XD
- Because there's never been a couple like them
- Because in his 500 years of existence he's never met anyone like Bonnie (books)
- Because Bonnie's feelings for Damon are very real (books and show)
- Because we can't help but notice the way he touches her (books)
- Because we can't help but notice the way he touches her in the show
- Because Damon avoids manhandling Bonnie
- Because when Bonnie saved Tyler from Damon, he immediately forgot to be mad at her
- Because they do 'mouthing' communication
- Because Damon was listening out for Bonnie even before he got to the house
- Because when Abby told Bonnie to tell her 'friends' of the danger - she called Damon
- Because Damon soooo checked out Bonnie in that dress
- Because in the books Bonnie withstood torture for Damon
- Because Bonnie lied to protect Damon from the kitsune
- Because the 'lady of quality' Damon chose to help him turn back into a vampire reminded him of Bonnie (psychoanalysis alert).
- Because Damon told Bonnie she was a 'lady of quality.'
- Because there aren't 'two like her'
- Because Damon refers to Bonnie as his witch
- Because they keep us waiting which ensures they'll be even more epic when they happen!
- Damon would never accept Bonnie w/ other guy in order to make her happy..
- Because Damon, 'He’d always thought of her as his' (Moonsong)
- Because LJ Smith said that she would have had Bamon together in the woods helping Caroline give birth. And she would FIGHT for the scene to be published

Considering the majority of fan (of the tv show) ship Delena and book fan are divided on Damon/Bonn
last edited on Mar 07, 2012 at 02:40PM

Damon & Bonnie 12469 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 12469

lebih dari setahun yang lalu Isabellas_girl said…
laugh
You can call me silvia or sisi.:)Wol while I was reading this I thought that Damon was going to feed from Bonnie.I can imagine what Delena fans will say.They will probably think that he didn't fed off from her because she was Elena's friend and his feelings for her(Elena).If I'm honet I don't think he was even thinking aboyt Elena and Bonnie clearlly wasn't disgusted by what Damon was doing to her neck even though she tried to.On a side note am I the only one who think that the writers are coping from Donnie to Delena in the show.In the books he saved her from the car accident an dalso Bonnie was the one who was laughing at Damon's jokes not Elena as far as I remeber.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bamon123 said…
Thats exactly my interpretations...
wow.
Thats messed! -.- like i said before, i think the producers are leaning into delena
smile
You know how the directers and producers and etc... said that everything will be like surprising, right? Well, imagine they make bonnie and tyler ... like... date
O-O
i wud be like shocked...
but then agian, they dont look that bad together... On other note, i want her and damon to get together, yet lockwood and bonnie wud make a interesting couple, wud make a sudden controversy
lebih dari setahun yang lalu samjhart said…
big smile
^I love the fact that his feelings have progressed alot - and he is involuntarily giving into them lol And OMG who says that Donnie don't have chemistery now? Huh? They are as every bit as hot as Delena ;D esp. when he licks her chin..*thud*

But yeah now that you mention it, they are trying to bring the Donnie vibe to Delena. If they do anymore of that - I'll be furious! *GRR* I mean what Delena have in the books is unique but Damon has special place in his heart for Bonnie. They have a beautiful bond.

OMG Aly your imagination is going into overdrive lol
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
big smile
LOL, i get that er, compliment every day from mostly EVERYBODY.
But, like just think about it, i know your stomach churns at the thought, but just muse about it carefully, then you'll get what im thinking. Hopefully...
smile
link

This made me smile .
:)
big smile
I do think tho that Ben won't last long and maybe - yes they will Tyler and Bonnie together. Which will be good cz then it'll convince ppl how good B/D really ARE! XD

Omg its awesome! you want to submit it or shall I?
smile
hmmm, u cud lol.

You know how elena will make the decision in the last book?
I have a feeling she will go with neiteher of them, cuz of what kathrine did. Lol
hmmm
Honetlly I think that Stelena will be the endgame in the books.LJS spent 5 books telling us how epic they are.I think many readers will be dissapointed if she doesn't choose Stefan.And if you see the facst realistically what wil Delena do if they end up together.Thye just don't have the connection Stefan and Elena has.
Haha, she has a diffucult decision since she's gunan fall in love with damon in the 6th book -.-

But then again she loves stefan, too and catherine also picked stefan.
WOWW TOO CLICHE.. Or lj smith can kill her and get it over with.......
XDDDDDD
OMGG DAMON ASKED BONNIE TO DANCE!!! <3
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pattykirsche said…
surprise
Damon has to save Bonnie from Ben!
mischievous
^OMGG! Damon asked Bonnie to dance! lol
And DIE BEN DIE. But not after Damon kills you for trying to hurt Bonnie
crying
Hey Asma! *bearhug*

Oh, it was so cute... She was the first one he asked to dance...

have you heard that after 1x14 we're going to have another hiatus? 1x15 is going to air 03/25...

crying
Hey Patty *bearhug*

Yeah it was soo sweet! XD I think Damon asking her to dance mirrored Bonnie asking Ben out lol But wowsers did their relationship take new turns. They're at the love/hate stage which is always the most entertaining esp. with D/B lol

btw did u read LJ's new FF that Sisi posted?

Nooo another one?!
sad
I'm reading right now. I'm about to finish...

Yes, 5 weeks without TVD... They want to keep the season until June, when True Blood comes back. ;)
angry
^DAMMIT!
angry
They'll put the break right after they open that tomb... So we'll spend 5 weeks talking about it...
crying
Can I be the first to say, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo*gasp for breath NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Why are they so cruel?
crying
Because they want the season to last until True Blood comes back. It's nice in a way... Because we've been 7 months without True Blood, I've already forgoten the name of a few characters... lol

But we'll miss TVD so much!
hmmm
Haha you are so funny! I miss TB so much too! esp Eric lol

But why can't we have both?!

Hey, what did you think of Ben?
big smile
I knew ben was a vmapire ! I JUST KNEW IT!!

Heres my little prediction for bamon/ ben.
or what i wud like to happen, yah thats it :
bonnie finally relizes bens a vampire and just using her, he attacks her, she attempts to defend herself but fails. Damon comes when shes like uncapable of defending herself,and beats the shit out of that bastard and asks if shes all right. She is shocked, maybe forgives damon and prob trusts him a little better.
And hopefully in the second season she falls for him :)

AND 5 WEEKS?!?!? IMM GOING TO STRANGLE SUMTHING!!
laugh
^I'm hoping that happens too. But that will be too much like the books don't you think? they may not do it and Grams will have to turn up with her broomstick..lol

Try your pillow Aly
big smile
Ps, 150 fans! Submit celebratory artwork...
 Ps, 150 fans! menyerahkan celebratory artwork...
But it want it like the books ^_^
Much more relastic :)

AND LOL HER BROOMSTICK.

reminds me of mrs saull.. (quivers)

tongue
Ben is a bad vampire... He wants to open the tomb and just wants to use Bonnie... This is sad, but I really believe that this is going to happen for the best. She'll learn that things change.

Bonnie is very powerful, she can set fire on this Ben guy or throw him away. But if something wrong happens, Damon might rescue her.

Hey Aly, 5 empty thursdays...
heart
Oh Asma, so sweet! 150 fans!

BTW, I've already read "Blood will tell". So sweet when Stefan says that he knows Damon has a sweet spot for Bonnie... That's so nice that everyone knows about the crush between them. Elena does too.
hmmm
^Haha you really like Donnie from the books too? XD I'll be honest I do kinda miss them esp. in this episode. Cz in the books Bonnie is the only to show him kindness when no one else trusts him..

I want to hit Ben right now! He's using poor Bonnie! And don't you think that Bonnie B was giving a Bonnie M in this episode, when it came to Ben? Sadly, not for Damon tho..(even tho it was hot!)
Yes. But she might now know how to trigger her powers yet..so hopefully Damon would rescue her.
big smile
^Yeah 150 fans! *WOOT*

Yeah Elena knows but notice she won't back off..Bonnie is so selfless when it comes to friends even though she's boy-crazy
smile
lmfaoo i no .

Ok, does any1 else think they swapped bonnie and mederiths personalities on the show?

>.< its just that medrith resists damon in the book and it feels as if they're doing that to bonnie, because bonnie is like crushin on damon and yada.

hehe .. the crush between them, yahh i think any1 whos smart cud see it.
Mutt can- hopefully, mederith maybe... caroline LOL
idk... stefan and elena for sure.
hmmm
I'm just thinking now that Elena will fall in love whit Damon in 6th book and when damon becomes human he will get closer whit Bonnie how will Elena react to this?Will she back off?If I'm honest I always thought that Bonnie was more selflles than Elena .
wink
Defo *nods* the absence of Meredith = a stronger Bonnie. Though I wish they'd had Meredith cz then I wouldn't have to watch Caroline get abused.. :S

Damon hates him for what he did to her family. Her family is torn apart cz of what he does. I don't think Bonnie B has reached that level of hate yet. Otherwise, she would've burned him already. Remember the cheerleader? She does hate him but mostly tries to stay away from him. Whereas, Meredith is pretty much in Damon's face when it comes to her friends esp. Bonnie

Lol I think everyone knows even Matt. That's why he sticks so close to Bonnie in the books now
smile
Lmfaoo, i dont matt and bonnie to be together

I want mutt and caroline together ^_ ^

I find matt a little too clingy

I hate the absence of mederith on the series...
U know what've been more appropriate? if l.j smith, herself made teh vampire diaries show . :) that wud be fun .
wink
Hey Aly!

I'd love that too... LJS should be the screenwriter. And Meredith should come, so Bonnie could be more sweet.

Hey Asma! I agree, Bonnie B. had a Bonnie M. moment. That's why I want so much Damon to help her.I imagine he'll be following her because of that cookbook... And maybe she won't be fast enough to defend herself from Ben, since she's not aware he's a vampire.

And did you notice the way Damon stared at Ben? Like he was trying to figure out something or because he wanted to rip his head off? lol

And of course, Elena never wanted Bonnie to be with Damon because she thinks he would take advantage of her. After falling in love with him, I guess she'll keep on using this excuse to set them apart. But after he becomes human, what will she say?
big smile
^^It would be so cool if LJ wrote the series with the team! At least we would be able to recognise some of the characters lol

And I do miss Meredith's sarcastic/dry humour. Bonnie B needs more funny lines. I know Damon is funny but so is Bonnie in the books! At least stay true to that!

Its strange she hasn't picked up on it yet. Maybe she needs to touch him, like with Damon, Stefan? Or her powers still down?

Yeah. I did. He did look like he wanted to hurt Ben but probably thought, 'not in front of Bonnie'. lmao He couldn't believe Ben would come in between lol But Damon will still be trying to protect her cz well, I think Bonnie is the only one who is capable of opening the tomb..imho

Yeah - I wonna see that. What exactly are you gonna do Elena?
surprise
It's truth, she has not touched Ben yet... As soon as she touches him, she's going to realize he's a vampire. And maybe he'll become agressive when she does...

And what about Matt kissing Caroline at point-blank? I thought it was so cute...
big smile
THAT WAS SOOO CUTE!!! i squeals a weee bit- the kiss.

LOL, damon did look like he wanted to hurt ben, his smile was funny though.

Yah, i miss the childish bonnie D;
big smile
AW Maroline - were jus too sweet! XD She needs Matt after *ahem* Damon..

Did anyone notice, Damon gave Bonnie the EXACT same look he gave Elena (when she came to see vamp Vokki/Stefan?) before walking away? I was like, WOAH!

Me too! I hope Bonnie has a bigger part to play next week - then maybe I'll forgive the writers..
sunny
Maroline is too sweet. And Caroline is becoming a better person. It's cool, because I don't like Matt alone and suffering for Elena all the time. But I like when they fight together against the evil. Do you think Caroline will be a part of the team?

I think the more Bonnie resists Damon, the more he'll want her...

I hope Meredith comes and Bonnie becomes more childish!
hmmm
Hey Patty *hug* (forgot to give you one before!)
I think its a slim chance but they might make her evil..(I've got a really BAD feeling!)

Yes that's what I think lol did you see the way he licked his lips whilst he was looking at her? lol

Mmm I don't Meredith will be coming, but we can always hope :(
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
smile
who was licking their lips?

Medrith D; If they do she'll probably be yet another evil vampire or sumthing and elena and bonnie relizese its their childhood firend and stuff.
smile
Hey Aly *hug*

Damon was licking his lips lol

Yeah - but I hope Damon doesn't kill her..

ps, I've been meaning to ask you is that you on the icon?
smile
*hug*
Lol, he was licking his lips towards............... ?

Lol , yeah, i have a baby face >.< i look like an 11 year old LMFAOOO
tongue
Oh Aly, *hug*

You're such a baby! Are you sure you can read my fanfic? LMAO

Hey Asma! *hug*

I have to re-watch Unplesantville, I can't believe I missed that! Damon licking his lips? WOAH!

I'm writing another fanfic, I'll publish soon. Today, I hope. ;)
smile
Gahhh, curse my half- asian jeans >.<
I dont know about that, i might as well carry my damon teddy while reading through them

YAYY A FANFIC ! hope i have time to read it, i have a stupid history test to study for.
Grrr...
big smile
^Aw Aly you are soo cute! (I'm not being pervy or anything!) Remind me of my friend when she was young. We used to drive her crazy by pulling her cheeks lol and Patty stop being so cruel LMAO. And if she's 14 - of crz she can't lol XD

He was licking his lips towards Bonnie lol

Go, go - and bring us some Donnie goodness XD
smile
LOL, thanks.....

He was? When? O-O i must've missed it
GRRR...
sexyyy .

O-O hopefully in season 3 or sumthing damon and bonnie have sex, but then they have to consor some stuff -.- Party poopers..
well.... actually, its best if they do... thats a little disgusting...
mischievous
^Naughty naughty Aly *tut tut*
wink
Hey Aly, did your family come from Asia?

Oh, I meant Aly is too cute! I didn't mean to be cruel... lol

Hey Asma, I still haven't published the NC-17 I promised. It's not finished yet. I think these ones are not so hot. ;)

big smile
^Oooo Patty you have me on edge here..