Damon & Bonnie Why Damon and Bonnie?

samjhart posted on Oct 27, 2009 at 02:17PM
Considering the majority of fans (of the tv show) ship Delena and book fans are divided on Damon/Bonnie, thought I'd make a forum to welcome Donnie fans (I jus made the name up) and list why exactly you are in love with this ship!

So I'll start. I read about them in the book and tho I thot Delena was sexy and all but I jus couldn't erm LOVE it. Then came the Donnie interaction - fell head over heels. It was jus..WOW. Bonnie brought out a caring, human side to Damon that I was craving to see. He cared about her and she trusted him enough to call him for help when she was in danger. I think she believed in him where even Elena gave up.

In the tv show - they look like incredibly STRONG characters who would not be intimidated by each other in a relationship. Of crz, we've actually got to see a scene with them together yet...

Gonna stop now - getting rantish lol

{The List} NOTE: Please don't copy or steal this idea. You know who you are

- Because somehow in some way they bring out the best in one another
- Because Damon sees himself in Bonnie
- Because somehow Bonnie always saves Damon
- Because Damon HAS saved Bonnie in spite of himself
- Because they're on the slow-burn and are still explosive
- Because when it comes down to it Damon could NEVER hurt Bonnie
- Because Bamon are the LOVE STORY before 'The Vampire Diaries'
- Because Damon has never lied to Bonnie
- Because Damon always can see through Bonnie even if her friends can't see through her lies
- Because Bonnie showed she trusted him with her life
- Because Damon died for her
- Because our heart broke for Bonnie when she saw Damon die - you only cry like that for someone you LOVE
- Because even in serious situations they found time to flirt
- Because Stefan totally ships them XD
- Because he blushed when she kissed him
- Because he gave her a sexy, open-mouthed kiss
- Because he noticed her bra size lol
- Because Damon teased her about the manliness of Jeremy
- Because she saved him from the witches' wrath
- Because the first time Damon saw Bonnie have a vision - he was politely puzzled
- Because Bonnie pulled one over him
- Because she was the first person to touch his true self - his soul
- Because he sees her as a 'good person'
- Because she challenged his emotional self when she saved him from the fire
- Because he did really want to 'protect' her
- Because the little hints of their backstory we've seen on the show seem AMAZING
- Because their chemistry is undeniable
- Because they outrageously flirt no matter who's there
- Because Damon rose his glass as a toast at her
- Because he eyed her up whilst she was doing a spell
- Because he was whistling at her
- Because Damon couldn't help but lick his lips when she went fiesty on his ass
- Because they are so #Married
- Because Damon automatically has no concept of personal space when it comes to Bonnie
- Because they dress in matching colours sometimes
- Because he did his eye-flirt at her
- Because he listens to her
- Because Damon tells jokes more around Bonnie
- Because Bonnie calls him "Older, sexy, danger guy" (Girl's guy radar is ON)
- Because she calls him "gorgeous" in the books
- Because he gave her sexy kiss on her back ;D
- Because he comes for his 'bird'
- Because she is worth "infinity" ordinary girls to him
- Because Bamon is so much more than lovely dovely, their wicked, bad,and not your average couple ;D
- Because we love a forbidden love story
- Because a vampire and a witch - is something to be revered
- Because they are so unpredictable together
- Because Damon kissed Bonnie in Blood Will tell before attempting to bite her
- Because that kiss had us thinking bad things
- Because on the show - he's never held anyone so physically close as he did with 'dead Bonnie'
- Because he nicknamed her
- Because she nicknamed him
- Because Damon was so emotionally affected by Bonnie's death - even though he knew she wasn't really gone
- Because she ONLY loves him!
- Because Damon couldn't slap Bonnie, instead he kiss her to calm her down in The Dinner Disaster
- Because Bonnie in the books love only him and for her he is her first choice and not the second like for Elena and Katherine
- Because they have so much passion
- Because Damon refused to let Klaus take Bonnie - with a firm "No"
- Because they both are great dancers
- Because Damon's instinct is always to protect Bonnie
- Because when Bonnie hurt Damon he never ever seeks revenge in any form
- Because in their first scene together - we love how Damon tried it on with Bonnie and how she shot him down
- Because they see right through each other
- Because in the books: Damon was beside himself with 'terror' when he realised he'd just abandoned Bonnie
- Because he couldn't take the idea of Bonnie being anyone's but his
- Because Bonnie asked Mrs Flowers how to contact the dead - so she could talk to Damon
- Because at the end of Midnight when all other visions cleared away there were only two on his mind : Bonnie's face and name
- Because he sooo checked her out in her dress in 3x09
- Because Bonnie is Damon's "humanity" in the books
- Because Damon is Bonnie's "savior"
- Because we so ship the bad boy and 'sidekick'
- Because Damon called Bonnie "good"
- Because in the Last Dance Bonnie saw real concern in Damon for herself
- Because Bonnie teases Damon
- Because Damon teases Bonnie back
- Because Bonnie is Damon's type in the books and show
- Because Damon is Bonnie's type in the books and show
- Because in After Hours Damon was fantasizing with his eyes wide open for Bonnie
- Because Damon went all poetic for Bonnie in the books
- Because Damon made Bonnie smirk-smile with his goofy dancing
- Because one look is always enough
- Because they deserve to be happy
- Because Elena is jealous of Bonnie. “I’ve also been jealous of Bonnie.” Bonnie’s head shot up, and she stared at Elena with an expression of disbelief. “I was used to being the only human Damon cared about, the only one who he would want to save.” She looked at Bonnie with tear-filled eyes. “I am so, so glad that Bonnie is alive. But I was jealous that Damon cared enough to die for her." i mean if ELENA is jealous there must be something going on! ;)
- Because the Bamily alone are enough for anyone to start shipping them XD
- Because Damon got very guilty when Bonnie mentioned him leaving her for 4 days.(Midnight)
- Because he couldn't help not looking at Bonnie, after he had undressed her. (Nightfall)
- Because Damon met Bonnie, before he met Elena. (After hours)
- Because Bonnie said he could have her anytime:
"You just don't want it to be Damon," said Meredith. "I would think you'd be more worried about him being a psycho killer than a diary thief."
"I don't know; killers are sort of romantic. Imagine your dying with his hands around your throat. He'd strangle the life out of you, and the last thing you'd see would be his face." Putting her own hands to her throat, Bonnie gasped and expired tragically, ending up draped across the bed. "He can have me anytime," she said, eyes still closed.
- Because Damon kissed Bonnie at Alaric Saltzmans party.
- Because Damon got the ability to make Bonnie laugh:
She heard Damon's low ironical voice: "And have you heard that kissing a red-haired girl cures fever blisters?" And then Bonnie's outrageous, flattered laughter.(The Struggle)
- Because they are "cut from the same cloth" aka are SoulMates
- Because Ian admitted he read the Bamon book scenes *squee*
- Because Kat said: "The most profound bond Bonnie has is with Damon"
- Because Ian said Bamon is "Wow!"
- Because Ian said that Bamon "really works"
- Because KG&IS ship them XD
- Because there's never been a couple like them
- Because in his 500 years of existence he's never met anyone like Bonnie (books)
- Because Bonnie's feelings for Damon are very real (books and show)
- Because we can't help but notice the way he touches her (books)
- Because we can't help but notice the way he touches her in the show
- Because Damon avoids manhandling Bonnie
- Because when Bonnie saved Tyler from Damon, he immediately forgot to be mad at her
- Because they do 'mouthing' communication
- Because Damon was listening out for Bonnie even before he got to the house
- Because when Abby told Bonnie to tell her 'friends' of the danger - she called Damon
- Because Damon soooo checked out Bonnie in that dress
- Because in the books Bonnie withstood torture for Damon
- Because Bonnie lied to protect Damon from the kitsune
- Because the 'lady of quality' Damon chose to help him turn back into a vampire reminded him of Bonnie (psychoanalysis alert).
- Because Damon told Bonnie she was a 'lady of quality.'
- Because there aren't 'two like her'
- Because Damon refers to Bonnie as his witch
- Because they keep us waiting which ensures they'll be even more epic when they happen!
- Damon would never accept Bonnie w/ other guy in order to make her happy..
- Because Damon, 'He’d always thought of her as his' (Moonsong)
- Because LJ Smith said that she would have had Bamon together in the woods helping Caroline give birth. And she would FIGHT for the scene to be published

Considering the majority of fan (of the tv show) ship Delena and book fan are divided on Damon/Bonn
last edited on Mar 07, 2012 at 02:40PM

Damon & Bonnie 12469 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 12469

lebih dari setahun yang lalu samjhart said…
angry
^I this episode was heartwrenching and it shows EXACTLY why I don't do triangles well (esp. when my two fave characters are in there!)

I wish Damon would wake up. I wonna shake him. Seriously. The dude needs a slap *GRR* And Stefan OMG his situation is jus as bad. They are both living with guilt they shouldn't be. They love each other sooo much *sob*

I liked the Delena moment. I think Damon jus realised in the woods how much Stefan loves Elena and it kills him that he hasn't got Katherine. He's so lonely! You can see the hurt in his eyes and he can't believe Elena lied to him. I think he felt that she was his only friend.. :( But she took Stefan's side.

Its strange, no it makes me angry now. Its the second time they've bumped off Donnie-in the books to add to Delena in the show! First with the rescue, then with the whole trust/seeing through Damon thing..
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Isabellas_girl said…
Yes I know.That's the reason why right now I love book Bamon more than TV-Bamon.By the way do you see anything similar between Elena beeing the one that Damon trust for the first time in 145 years(like the Delena fans put it) and Damon telling Bonnie in Dark reunion that she could trust him like it's them SHARING A SECRET.Bonnie is the only person Damon tells he shouldn't be afraid of him and than Bonnie seeing Damon in his most vulnerable it's something that Elena(she may have believe that Damon wasn't that abd but she only did because he was polite to her in the fury,she makes it clear in the first chapter of Shadow Souls) or anybody else has ever seen but ofcourse they have to take from Bamon and make it Delena moments just like in True Blood where they give Eric things from the books to Bill.And ofcourse in the next episode Stefan wil probably be the one who will save Bonnie and probably Damon will be the one to save Elena because ofcourse they can't have Damon save Bonnie because they are trying so hard to promote the Stefan/Elena/Damon triangele and Bamon already has a large fanbase so they can't let anything important happened between them and that's wht they have Stefan always saving Bonnie instead of Damon and that irritates me to no end because in the books Damon is always her saviour.Form the moment they met he was the one who always saved her.Oh,I would have almost forgotten the moemnt in Dark Reunion where Stefan is angry at Damon thinking eh let Vicki die on prurpose and told him that Bonnie,Matt and Meredith told him not to trust him and Damon looked at Bonnie really hurt and she felt sorry(I think she felt sorry I'm not sure though).Great how many moments did they took from Bamon and made it Delena :
1.Elena beeing the one which laughes at Damon's jokes but in the books it's Bonnie.
2.Damon saving Elena from the car accident while in the books Bonnie was the one Damon saved.
3.Elena beeing the first person Damon trusts in years while in the books Bonnie was the one Damon didn't want to fear from him and told her she didn't have to.
4.Damon feeling betrayed by Elena while in the books he felt(sort of) betrayed by Bonnie not trusting him.
I know those aren't exactlly Delena moments but still:
1.Damon attacking Bonnie.( I know that he wanted to kill Emily but still),in the books Damon never hurt her even when he was beeing controled.
2.Stefan beeing the one saving Bonnie all the time.( I think the writers are scared of the chemistry between IS or KG and taht's why they don't have so many scenes)
I'm sure they will add more Bamon moments to Delena and reading the plot of episode 14 Stefan will probably save Bonnie again.
I hate love triangeles.We already saw what the Stefan/Kathrine/Damon trianegle did.I'm thinking what will the Stefan/Elena/Damon one do.Maybe it will destroy the family alot more than it's destroyed already.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
angry
^Could not agree more Sisi!

Donnie in the books is written so that its Bonnie that sees through Damon's charade and not Elena. Elena is attracted to him but thinks he's too much of a monster to lay credit to. Its Bonnie that realises quickly that he is not a bad person as he makes out, he just wants to stay strong. He's just been hurt and is hurting. The Delena scenes in the show that are so tender etc are all really Donnie ones. The way Damon saved her, the way he trusts her, the way he believed she couldn't betray him..

I think after today's episode, I truly realised that I wished they'd stuck to the books. Hopefully tho, like Sooric, Donnie is gonna win out too. Donnie FTW

And yes they are promoting the triangle like there's no tommorrow. Its weird that loads of Delena fans like the touchy moments in the show but hate Donnie in the books. Its ironic. With the promotion an stuff - Delena is gonna be pushed ahead of Donnie and Damon is gonna do alot of Elena rescuing *GRRR*

There will be no family left *sob* :(
crying
Don't give me the moments Sisi its seriously killing me :'(
big smile
Yeah I remember no.1 - Its really cute in the books cz Elena's all authorative and then Damon cracks a joke with Bonnie lhao

2: Yeah. He saves Bonnie countless times. First in the beginning well cz he feels jus meh about it but then he wants to. He'd do anything to save her. And its Bonnie he saves not anybody else. Cz he don't give a damn about anybody else

3: I remember that! He then tries to kiss her lol and is internally offended by Bonnie being scared of him when she called him by 'accident'

4: Yes esp. powerful at the end of the bath scene when she pushes him away :'(
crying
I'm sorry sam,I'm just so mad right now because they are giving thing from Bamon to Delena.Can't they think of anything original but have to sreal from an other couple.And I'm really tired of IS and Julie Plec saying all the time how Elena is Damon's humanity.I don't know about Ian but has't JP read the books at all?!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bamon123 said…
I HATED THE EPISODE .

ANDD LOL .

3. I REMEBER THAT .

<3
worried
I know those aren't exactlly Delena moments but still:
1.Damon attacking Bonnie.( I know that he wanted to kill Emily but still),in the books Damon never hurt her even when he was beeing controled.
2.Stefan beeing the one saving Bonnie all the time.( I think the writers are scared of the chemistry between IS or KG and taht's why they don't have so many scenes)
I'm sure they will add more Bamon moments to Delena and reading the plot of episode 14 Stefan will probably save Bonnie again.

So I'm not going crazy. I thought I was the only one who noticed! Tho, I put his neck-biting down to the fact he's more vicious in the show

I'm gonna kill somebody if they keep ripping off from book-Donnie *GRRR*

Yeah the chemistery and UST is very strong lol I think they want to establish the triangle and then move from there..but Stefan saving all the time and giving off a book-Donnie vibe is VERY coupley. Let's be honset. She has awesome chemistery with both

worried
I'm sorry sam,I'm just so mad right now because they are giving thing from Bamon to Delena.Can't they think of anything original but have to sreal from an other couple.And I'm really tired of IS and Julie Plec saying all the time how Elena is Damon's humanity.I don't know about Ian but has't JP read the books at all?!

Aw Sisi *hug*
I don't think they have! They told the cast not to! And Elena, Damon's humanity WTF?!

hey Aly :) me too (well not hate..)
And sisi i totally agreee !!!
smile
^Aly what didn't you like about the episode?
heart
I whished they stuck to the books too because in the books Stefna is the one who actually still loves Kathrine and belives he couldn't love anyone else.The moment in the bathroom is so powerul where Damon was so close to let the real him out but than whe she pushed him alway.But than she was so happy when Damon came and she kissed him by instinct.I think that's the moment I realised that Bonnie is in love whit him because I don't think she would have kissed Stefan or even Matt if they rescued her.I think Bonnie through the books is trying so hard to be afarid of Damon because veryone say he is dangerouse but when she is in his arms kissing him she isn't afraid she could just let herself be in the moment.Many fans will say that it's because she is attratced to him but that's not a reason to enjoy it .For example Bonnie was really afraid of Klaus and I don't think if he kissed her she would feel in peace I think she would be disgusted and let's not forget all the boys Bonnie dated.In ''After Hours'' she say thet the sweetes and the sexiest kiss she ever had was whit Damon.You know sometimes I whish they had mad eit a movie instead of a show.I mena I like the show but at least in the movie they would have kept like in the books .Ofcours ethey could do some chnages but it wouln't be major ones like in the show.
I just didnt like it. Damon trusting elena? like wtf?
And his face during the end when she lied to him. -.-
angry
I know they are just totally taking from Bamon and making it Delena.The trainagele seems rushed to me,really.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pattykirsche said…
crying
Hey Sisi, Aly, Asma! *hug*

I thought it was just too sad! For the first time since the Pilot I got really sad after watching one of the episodes. I was so sorry for the way things happened.

Worse than when Damon killed Lexi.
sad
^ I get the idea of the episode was betrayal but WHY the hell would Damon care what Elena of all ppl says to him? His feelings for her are eventual - when in the books he sees that she's unique. I don't know. He came off a bit naive (that's what happens when you change fundamental things) Why would Damon trust his brother's gf of all ppl? The brother he claims to hate? And he knows they are most likely to stick together? I get it that he might be getting some feelings for her but c'mon this is Damon. After being around for a while it was off that he was this foolish..

IA Sisi. Bonnie/Damon work well in the books cz well love knows no boundaries. Its unsual. Complex yet so simple and well random. But that's what love is. Using the same concept on the show *GRR*

I know they are just totally taking from Bamon and making it Delena.The trainagele seems rushed to me,really.

It is rushed really - if they wonna keep viewers something immediately after Katherine/Damon. But has anyone noticed how Kamon is actually Delena? And Delena - of crz Donnie of the books?
angry
Hey Sisi, Aly, Asma! *hug*

I thought it was just too sad! For the first time since the Pilot I got really sad after watching one of the episodes. I was so sorry for the way things happened.

Worse than when Damon killed Lexi.

Aw hun *hug* I'm jus too angry to comment right now
angry
It's awful the way Bonnie and Damon are apart. They shouldn't be!

They have to put them together on the show! Bonnie has to forgive him!
angry
It's awful the way Bonnie and Damon are apart. They shouldn't be!

They have to put them together on the show! Bonnie has to forgive him!

And they have to STOP giving bk-Donnie moments to Delena
I NO!!!!! ITS SSOO STUPID !
IF THEY JUST WANT DELENA TOGETHER, GET THEM TOGETHER. Not steal parts of donnie from the books.
BE ORIGINAL !!

laugh
I NO!!!!! ITS SSOO STUPID !
IF THEY JUST WANT DELENA TOGETHER, GET THEM TOGETHER. Not steal parts of donnie from the books.
BE ORIGINAL !!

Tell it like it is Aly lol
But seriously 100% agreed. If Delena are meant to be on the show why do they need Donnie-esque scenes?
hmmm
We should totally email TPTB..
mischievous
I just shared the link from the CW board where we can say how much we hated this last episode. This one is the official one they read.

Let's write everything that upsets us there!
mischievous
^lets go ppl
I NO!!

(pounds fist on desk)
OWWWWW!!! crap that hurt...

esque??
Hi Patty.:)I know bamon123 but they just want more people to ship Delena so that the triangele can work.And really it is stupid that Damon thinks thta of all the people he should trust Elena who is his brother's gf.I mean yes she saved his life but that's not a reason for him to think she could trust him after all the things he did.It's just so rushed.And I really want to slap Damon.He is just behaving like a total Heatchliff right now.(I love Wuthering Heights though)And honestlly I don't think they would stop giving Bamon parts to Delena.Eerytime I have a hope for Bamon in the show Juile Plac gives that whole''Elena is Damon's humanity'' speech.It's juts so stupid.
laugh
Aly what are you doing?
angry
It's truth Sisi! He's been a Heathcliff, the only thing that matters is this Katherine bitch! She wanted to keep the both lovers at the same time!

Everybody knew she was having sex with them! What a shame!

And it was her fault she got caught. Pearl warned her to be more careful!
hmmm
^Aw Sisi hun you really are worked up aren't you? Don't worry, jus let rip. Cz I honestly felt like my mind had warped into two different programmes. It was jus so all over the place..
uhmm.... well, im talking on the phone, trying tot figure out what esque means.
Im also talking on fb and im raging on the blog about delena which i despise very so .
crying
It's truth Sisi! He's been a Heathcliff, the only thing that matters is this Katherine bitch! She wanted to keep the both lovers at the same time!

Everybody knew she was having sex with them! What a shame!

And it was her fault she got caught. Pearl warned her to be more careful!

And Damon blames Stefan :'(
smile
'esque' means typish XD
and what blog?
i Know, what a slut!
A vampire slut, then again damon is one too
XDDD
crying
And Damon blames Stefan :'(

This is the sadest. Stefan has to tell him what really happened!

What do you imagine is going to happen next Thursday? I think Stefan will help him open that tomb in exchange for help to rescue Elena...
well, the promo has sumthing to do with sum1 capturing elena.
Stefan pleads for damons help, and damon says elena should die ( I AGREE)
But in the end he's probably going to help her, fall in love
AND BLAH BLAH BLAH
worried
^Oh Aly don't! Right now..don't wonna hear about Delena!

But I think everyone will help with the tomb opening
surprise
But why would Stefan help him open that tomb after all these efforts to keep Damon from doing that?
hmmm
it must be a bargain. Elena's life for Katherine's..
zzz
I'm going to sleep now! I'll talk to you tomorrow.

*hug*
angry
HMMPF, this is making my WEEK WORSEN

DELENA GO SUCK IT.

(sorry im just angry with every1 right now)
surprise
it must be a bargain. Elena's life for Katherine's..

That's it.

Asma, I was thinking if you could help me with something. ;)
smile
sure hun :)
angry
I know.Damon doesn't care for anyone but Kathrine and he is blaming all that happened to Stefan and not that crazy bith because of her selfishness all that happened.I just can't understand how can Damon think that all that he is doing is right.he is geeting worst and worst.How can he not see what a selfish and crazy bith che actually is.Real love should be able to make you a better person and Kathrine is only making Damon worst than he already is.What I loved in the books is that even though Damon could have had the power he wanted whit Kathrine in the end he loved his brother more and told her to go to hell.If Damon says that to Kathrine in the show I will just scream but I doubt that.They changed so many things.
crying
He's pretty much deluded and doesn't know how to move on. It makes me sad. :( When we see Damon first in the books he's not that much of a monster..

Real love does change ppl for the better that's why I love Donnie so much in the books..

The 'go to hell' speech was funny, sad and touching. He loved his brother so much but in the show..
These two seriously need to sit and talk and clear the issues they have between each other.i hope that when they open the tomb Damon realises what an evil bitch Kathrine is and how she destroyed their family.And seriously I can't belive that some fans think that Damon and Kathrine are perfect for each other.Seriously!
By the way is it true that Shadow Souls gets released in 15th Feb in UK?
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
^I wish so much that they do put the scene in where Katherine's image shatters for Damon.

I think cz of the chemistery and the fact they are like the book Delena

Yeah - true
crying
Yeah that would be great.It would be heartbreaking for him thought that all he did all those years for her meant nothing to her.

That's great.Do does that mean we are going to read it earlier because you meantioned that it would probably be available in PDF?
In Shaodw Souls it looks like Bonnie,Elena and Meredith will be Damon's slaves.You better not screw whit Bonnie,Damon.
laugh
^ROFLMAO are you threatening Damon

but yeah it should be available in pdf very quickly..
laugh
Oh yeah.I'm threatening him especially when he is going to have Bonnie as his slave.:)
I agree with u gurls complelty.
AND YES, I WUD KILL I MEANN KILLL DAMON IF HE EVER DOES SUMTHING WRONG TO BONNIE ORR DOESNT END UP WITH HER.

And all that hard work for nothing
It cant be ruined by delena.
Delena is just there.
A minor set back for bamon.
:) So I HOPE DAMON WOULD RELIZE THIS AND PUSH AWAY ELENA AND GO WITH DAMM BONNIE!
OR ILL KILL SUMTHING!!
maybe a fly..