harry potter vs twilight 1000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:32PM

i'll go first

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

harry potter vs twilight 2632 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 451-500 of 2632

lebih dari setahun yang lalu VampiresRevenge said…
^ I'll defend Twilight in terms of plot-holes and such, but I won't defend it to the point where I'll say that it's better than HP, because it's not in my opinion. But yeah, I'll try to defend any plot-holes you throw at me.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu KimberSmurf said…
smirk
i cant beleive everyone is dissing on twilight look at hp wow im a stupid wizard bippity bop i wish id fall off a clock.i hate hp there is a reason hp is retarded i hate me and my bro barely talk cause he is with hp and im with twilight it sucks just admit it twilight is better than hp
lebih dari setahun yang lalu KimberSmurf said…
smirk
i cant beleive everyone is dissing on twilight look at hp wow im a stupid wizard bippity bop i wish id fall off a clock.i hate hp there is a reason hp is retarded i hate me and my bro barely talk cause he is with hp and im with twilight it sucks just admit it twilight is better than hp
lebih dari setahun yang lalu FredWRules said…
^ Verbally abusing someone won't get you what you want, especially if you're not clear, you don't use punctuation and you don't give reasons.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu LoveforSeverus said…
smirk
If you care to DEBATE and not talk like a retarded seal, go ahead. The stage is yours.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DracoLuver said…
^^ Hunny, a debate is when you justify your opinion with evidence. It's so funny because i found out that twilgiht fans think we're stuck up. xD ... anyway, you think your defending yourself, but your just making us look better. If you type normally, and actaully have valid points, then maybe we'll consider. And we HAVE read Twilight and hated it, so maybe you should read Harry Potter but considering that your a Twilight fan, you won't listen to us. Whatever. I use to be obsessed with Twilight, and i've only been a HP fan for about 3 months, and now i realize how stupid i was before. Look at the page '1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better then Twilight.' We're close to 3000, that should prove it. And tell your brother that he's on the right side. (:
I really, really don't want to rant right now, but oh well.

^ While I agree that KimberSmurf did make me, and most likely other Twilight fans, a little embarrassed, most of the things that she said are said by Antis. She called Harry Potter a "stupid wizard," but Antis still call Edward a "sparkling gay fairy." I mean, come one, how is that fair? And saying that you were "stupid" when you read Twilight is sounding like you're saying all Twilight fans are stupid right now, and the only right thing that they can do is to stop being obsessed with it and read HP. And there is no "right side." There maybe a side that you like and your opinion of a right side, but there will never be a definitive answer of a right side. That's why this is a debate spot. You won't see a spot of "4 vs. 6: What does 2 + 2 Really Equal?" That has a definitive answer. This doesn't.

/rant
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ToyletGnome said…
KimberSmurf, if you'd like to give us your reasons, we'd be happy to listen.
Kimber, read this

link
^^ Okay,you just said "This is a debate forum" .. where are her reasons? Where's here support? Right, there isn't any. We have reasons for saying why we like it, or why we don't like Edward sparkling. Why does she think Harry is stupid? She doesn't have a reason. In my opinion, Harry Potter is the right side considering we don't have the rabid fan girls that start getting violent. That almost kill people, and ruin their property. We actually have reasons, and we can defend our book. I know, not all Twilight fans are like that, but half of them are, and their dangerously scary. And i know many younger kids are reading twilight 10- and they can get provoked easily. They think that being lke Bella will make people like them, but it's actually a big issue.
^ I never said that she had reasons, because she obviously doesn't. You can't blame me for that. My "debate" thing came from the fact that you said you are on the right side. Again, I will say that there is no right side in a debate. I'm sure you do have reasons for not liking Twilight, just like people are allowed to have reason for why they do like Twilight. Or, because they are just "rabid fan girls who try to kill people," are they not allowed to have opinions? And don't say that Twilight is the only thing to have rabid fans, and that HP doesn't. Have you seen people at the premieres dressed up as wizards? That's not obsessive? Twilight fans aren't "dangerously scary." Most of the fans just really like the book. And Twilight wasn't written to get little girls to act like Bella, and I doubt that there are many that do try to act like her anyway. Saying that "Harry Potter is the right side considering we don't have the rabid fan girls that start getting violent" is just ignorant, I'm sorry. The fans have absolutely nothing to do with what is written in the books, so why should that be a factor?
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
^I have to agree with VampiresRevenge. Being crazy and rabid is a Twilight fan stereotype. If every person who likes Twilight was like that, then we would have to build more asylums. If all fans were like that, then my mom would be locked up with the rest of them.
big smile
^ Thanks. I'd have to be in one, too... Uh-oh. Do I hear screaming in my head? It... It's saying "EDWARD!!! YOU ARE SO HOT!!!!" Nah... It can't be... Can it?
laugh
At least Zack Addy can keep you company in the loony bin...
smile
Oh, yes. I would do some pretty crazy stuff to get locked up with him. *wink* *wink*
0_o Did not need to see that... oh well. Hey, I could pretend to like Twilight, so I'm locked up there, and then when Sweets visits Zack again... ;)
Ahaha, he won't want Daisy back. ;)
laugh
You betcha he won't. ;D
^^^^^ I never stated that ALL Twilight fans are. Dressing as wizards is obessive, but it's not hurting anyone. They are allowed to have opinions, but are the reasons to support them? Why do they like Twilight? Liking something with a reason that can easily be argued with shows how much support you have, and how much you like it. Again, I didn't say ALL of them were, but what about the ones that are? What can we do about them? Sure, the books weren't written for acting like Bella, but it has become an issue. I think the fandom plays a big part since it shows how the books have affected them. Just go to www.mylifeistwilight.com ... Some Twilight fans aren't like that, considering i have friends who are big fans. And i'm guessing you are one too? I'm sorry if i offended anyone with "the right side" comment.
^ Yes, but you did say that the reason HP is the "right side" is because of the "rabid fan girls that start getting violent," which isn't even giving the sane ones a chance to defend themselves if they are on a side with that. There are reasons to liking Twilight, obviously. The fans aren't just liking it to annoy people like you. The reason, at least for me, that I like Twilight is because it is interesting, entertaining, and kept me reading. That's it. I just like it, and I don't have to get analytical about it, unless you want me to? I have been to MLIT, and it is obvious that most of those are fake or jokes. The site that it spun off from, FML, is filled with made up stories, too. I don't think the most of the Twilight fans that do act like Bella are trying to be like her. There are people that have always acted "like her." It's just their personality, and they aren't trying to copy her. It'd be like everyone who is a bookworm and perfectionist is now trying to copy Hermione? It doesn't make sense.

And i'm guessing you are one too?

One what?
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
^ Big fan, I think she means.
^ Oh, my bad. Well, I'm not that big of a fan of Twilight, but I will defend it when I can.
^But there are a lot of things that are better than Twilight.
^ I agree, like HP and a lot of other books. What I meant was Twilight isn't my favorite book of all time, not even close, but I still like it, so I'll defend things that I know I can, like certain plot-holes and criticism about fans and such.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mooimafish17 said…
^^ why?
Huh? Why what?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bmarme said…
wink
Hey stop bullying lauracullen66
she didnt do anything wrong to you HP fans/Anti-twilght people..
and for the guys who are bullying lauracullen,stop being blind and start seeing the way laura likes twiight and how you guys like HP.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu XAlwaysForever said…
smile
Harry Potter will always be better than Twilight.
1) JK Rowling's writing skills are far greater than Stephenie Meyers. Even Steven King said so.
2) JK Rowling spent years developing her characters. They are all unique. Stephenie Meyer's characters all fit a certain stereotype.
3) Harry Potter has a huge fan base. It can be enjoyed by kids up to adults. There are various life-lessons to be learned. Twilight is only enjoyed by pre-pubescent-teenage girls, and creepy twi-moms.
4)Readers can relate to HP characters. People teased in school can relate to Luna, and people who are perfectionists can relate to Hermione. NO ONE can relate to characters from Twilight
5) HP villains are far more bad ass. Look at Bellatrix Lestrange! She's beautiful, merciless and powerful. Look at Victoria. Her actions were only fueled by her love for James. Her character is so predictable.
HP is a classic, Twilight is a fad. :)
Oh you know just beat Voldermort when I was 11. Then his memory when I was 12. Saved my godfather when I was 13. Competed in a Triwizard Cup when I was 14 then watched my sort of friend die and witnessed the rebirth of the Dark Lord but made it out alive. Oh when I was 15 I fought Voldermort again and found out that I have a destiny and that I had to kill Voldermort if the Wizarding World were to find peace. When I was 16, I had to deal with that info and school and find Horcruxs in order to kill Voldermort and had to watch my mentor die at the hands of my enemy. 17 was a rough year too. I couldn’t return to school, Voldermort took over the Wizarding World, I chased down Horcruxs with my best friends, almost lost one, found the place where my parents died protecting me, then I broke into a bank, stole a dragon, flew to Hogwarts and lead my friends into battle against the forces of evil, losing some of them at the hands of evil wizards, then sacrificed myself so the war could end and give my friends a chance. Turns out I managed to kill the part of Voldermort in me then killed him and saved the entire world. And that was all in just a span of 7 years.

Hey Edward Cullen, you’ve been around forever. What the fuck have you done besides whine and bitch and moan?
big smile
HAHA! mooimafish17, that was an epic comment! Yeah, even the love in HP is deeper than the love in Twilight. Look at Snape/Lily or Ron/Hermione vs. Edward and Bella. Bella/Edward is so superficial, it's only based on appearances.
laugh
^And smell. :D
^I've always loved that thing.
I just want to comment on the first reason listed.
"The Main Character is easier to relate to,"
I'm assuming you mean Bella Swan, because no one can relate to a psychologically abusive creeper vampire who loses his virginity at 117.
Bella Swan is the epitome of Mary Sues. She has no flaws, except for being clumsy. That's not even a flaw! Plus, her clumsiness is gone when Edward turns her into a vampire. Bella is an extension of SM's fantasies. (Seriously, she's even the same height. If Bella gains 40 pounds, she and SM will be twins!) Bella is a whiny, self-absorbed bitch, who disrespects her father (Seriously, calling him Charlie?), toys with Jacob's heart, frequently tries to bed Edward when she's a human (It's practically all she does in Eclipse). Bella should have drowned when she went cliff diving.
Now, for HP, look at Hermione. Hermione isn't perfect, nor an extension of JKR's fantasies. She's smart, loyal, kind, brave and helped Harry multiple times. Yet, she can be a perfectionist. Many can relate to Hermione. No one (Except maybe SM) can relate to Bella.
I can relate to Dobby. :B
lebih dari setahun yang lalu FredWRules said…
big smile
I love Dobby!!!! :D
sad
me too :) It sucked when he died.
oh dobby - i loved him :)
mischievous
^^ thats great for you
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TwiHeart20 said…
In Twilight every thing seems real besides vamps.In HP its all fake.So,thats that.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JBluver29 said…
smile
twilight has passion,mystery,sadness, its interesting,its won mtv movie awards for the best movie of the year when new moon came out and the halfblood prince it was twilight who won the best movie of the year. besides the characters being hot, when you read the books you instantly fall inlove with the character edward and the book has no pictures edwards personality in the books and movies is just charming and jacob hes so sweet. twilight is also a little more realistic (even though its still fake) it doesnt say vampires die in the sunlight and they dont sleep in coffins in twilight its a normal person life goin two skool and everyting but in harry potter its the story we here over and over posions wands brooms and witches i like hp but twilight is better and it will always be my favorite
oh my god. HP is much more real. The characters have are realistic, they go through emotions normally. Twilight is horribly unrealistic. Bella is a mary-sue. It's so unrealistic that after Edward ditched bella and ruined her life, she STILL took him back and ditched Jacob, even though Jacob helped her heal. Twilight sucks, and Stephenie Meyer "can't write worth a darn," to quote Stephen King.
maybe we like fantasy - i dont like going to school, so consequently i dont like reading about going to school, but i do like imagining a school where you could fly or play with magical creatures or whatever you want.
maybe thats just me.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Accio_Pandorica said…
smile
Tbf, Twilight being realistic isn't a reason. HP is a FANTASY children's novel. And besides, being realistic is good to a point, but then its just becomes boring and un-original. JK never said everything was original (as in, she took inspiration from other things). But with everything with everything that inspired her, she remodelled them in a way that was her own. :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu emilyroxx said…
tongue
Okay, I HATE Edward. I did not 'instantly fall in love with him' Also, It's funny that you guys think that a bunch of teenage vamps that glitter in the sunlight and going to high school is 'realistic'

Harry Potter does have love in it, it just isn't exactly a 'love story' Because you see, Harry Potter actually has a PLOT. It has interesting charicters that you can relate to, and that have depth. Twilight has a creepy vampire stalker that hates himself, and a depressed, psycho, girl who has no self respect trying to decide who she loves more. SM has FOUR BOOKS OF THAT.

In harry potter, there is a unique plot with unique charicters. In Twilight, you have 'Bella hates herself, Bella is in love, Bella blames herself and insults herself for everything. Bella does something stupid. Edward saves her. Bella and Edward kiss. The end.' THAT IS THE ENTIRE PLOT.

So Twilight fans, that is why Twilight is NOT better than Harry Potter.

lebih dari setahun yang lalu luv_warriorcatz said…
TwiHeart20, this is called fantasy where everything is not real (including Edward Cullen). Of course it's not real. And I have to say that when I read the Harry Potter books, it really felt real. When I read the twilight books, I felt blank.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu EyesPOP said…
big smile
theres only like what 2 or 3 reasons? HP is the winner
lebih dari setahun yang lalu luv_warriorcatz said…
twilight does not have passion, it does not have mystery because really, Bella didn't take that long to figure out Jacob was a werewolf, and in the first book, you could tell by reading the back that Edward was a vampire. In Eclipse, there was a bit of a mystery in there but really I wasn't that curious as I was reading it. (And mysteries are suppose to interest you)If the series has sadness in it, then I wasn't feeling it. When Edward broke up with Bella, I didn't feel anything. Then she went into four months of blankness. That was not emotion at all. Probably the reason was that there were barely any sad deaths. I felt strong emotion reading Harry Potter. I felt really sad that Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Dobby, Hedwig, etc had died. And the fact that Harry has to die too. And Twilight is not interesting. Every chapter in Harry Potter was important and without them, the whole story wouldn't make sense. Twilight had chapters that were really worthless. When I read the book I did not fall in love with the characters. I thought that Bella was desperate and needed to move on. i also did not like Edweird because he was so controlling of Bella. I did not like Edward's personality at all. Twilight is not realtistic. I find that Harry Potter was more realistic. For example: I find it hard to believe that during the battle of the newborns, noone died (except the newborns).In the Harry Potter battle, there was a deadly battle and it makes sense that people should die. And many good people did die.

And the main character is not someone anyone can relate to. The main character sucks.
smile
Agreed.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu lemony44 said…
Reason number? "?" (i dont know if they reached the tens)
I am HP fan, but I'll be nice and help you people.
?. Twilight is easier to read.
?. When you read Twilight, if you want to die, you get a bunch of GREAT ideas on how to.
laugh
lol