harry potter vs twilight 1000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:32PM

i'll go first

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

harry potter vs twilight 2632 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 2632

lebih dari setahun yang lalu ParamorePotter said…
cool
Guys, HP fans got a page for their 1000 reasons. be respectful to other people. really people, it's just rude! Now I'm a HP fan all the way, but here are some reasons to get the Twilight fans started.

2. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.

3. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.

4. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!

Twilighters, go ahead with #5 Harry Potters, be respectful and dont respond any more.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu IsabellaMCullen said…
Wow!After reading all of these rude, and somewhat offensive comments from both Twilight and Harry Potter fans towards eachother, It actually scares me!It is scary that just because you like something that someone else doesn't, you get threatened.Threats come from both sides.I'm not choosing sides because how I see it both need to calm down with the threating and rude comments!If someone says their opinion, there is no need to criticize them for having one!
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xneville_rocksx said…
You dont even have 5? Harrt potter has at least 1045!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu _DarkPhoenix_ said…
rainy
Ok I don't know how many reasons have been posted so far so I can't number mine.
I DON'T like Twilight but there are some things that are quite good:
I liked Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens. Edward thinks Emmett is shallow but he is a lot more shallow. At least Emmett is funny. Rosalie is selfish like many girls that I know. I don't say that's good but it could be real.
I also like Carlisle. He kinda reminds me of my grandfather when he used to narrate me stories from when he was fighting in the war. There was much kindness and care and warmth written on his face when he told me those stories and that kinda reminds me of Carlisle.
I also like Bella's human so-called friends. Jessica is like any girl at my school. Even though I can't stand girls like her I could easier relate to them than to Bella because they are more realistic. At least they have a character. Angela is kinda like my best friend. Quiet and smart and caring and loving. Her character could have been developed so much if Meyer wasn't so centered around her 'perfect' characters, Edward and Bella.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Life_sucks said…
i can think of one or two maybe. twilight was romantic. and it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it, i never really got into the whole hp thing, all it was about was magic and fictional creatures like unicorns, dragons, fairies, ogers, etc. twilight was jst about vampires, and werewolves nutn else, and those arnt really fictional, at least nt in my book..... ok thts all i can think of at moment
Harry Potter is not just about unicorns, dragons and fairies it's also about love, friendship and loyalty to the ones you care about. And I don't usually like girls like Jessica but do you know why I like her? Because Bella just uses her when she wants to get away from Charlie she's pretending to be their friend just to get what she wants... and if Twihards can relate to such a bitchy character then all I can say is that I don't want any of them as my friend.
sick
Sorry if I offended anyone I didn't mean to and I apologize to the mature Twilight fans. It's just that I'm very sick right now with fever and otitis and migrains all the time and I'm in pain so I want to blame something... and I admit it Twilight seemed appropriate :):):)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Skylax3 said…
This is so retarded that I cannot even begin to express how much I want to beat lauracullen66 with a shovel.
There isn't even ONE reason why Twilight is better, let alone a 1000. Come up with one, logical, good reason and maybe I'll be willing to think you're not retarded, but for now I hold the belief that you were dropped on your head as a baby and now you're severely brain damaged.

"my 7 year old brother loves the films and would love to read the books but he cannot read them...they are too advanced for him..therefore they are NOT geared towards every age group"
That's sad, because I know tons of 7 year olds who read Harry Potter. So yes, they ARE geared toward every age group. Just because your little brother isn't smart enough to read Harry Potter doesn't mean no one else is.

"...Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee"
Twilight doesn't even come CLOSE to touching on emotions Harry Potter does. You can feel his longing to see his parents again, his grief when his godfather dies, his happiness with his friends. All I got from Twilight is boredom.
"...Because unlike Harry no one thoughts are actually that deep and intellectual. Infact i bet if any of us published our thoughts into a book none of them would be great english lit. Infact Bellas thoughts are more realistic."
Just because your thoughts are shallow and unintellectual, doesn't mean everyone else's aren't. And Bella's thoughts make so little sense its hilarious. All they are is "EDWARD, EDWARD, EDWARD, SEX, SEX, SEX."

"Harry Potter is just about some teenage kids who desperately need to grow up."
This made me laugh out loud. You clearly never even read the books so you wouldn't know how mature these kids are and how they take on problems that even adults couldn't.
The only person who needs to grow up here is you. Sorry if I seem like a bitch, but I have no tolerance for ignorant little Twitards like you.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ParamorePotter said…
angelic
Listen Skylax3, I try to do a nice thing for Twilighters, because they are not bad people! I don't 100% believe the reasons i wrote, but be nice! We got our page, let them get theirs. Just don't respond anymore if you DON'T have a reason why twilight is better than harry potter.

2. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.

3. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.

4. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!

Twilighters, go ahead with #5 Harry Potters, be respectful and dont respond any more.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nati30 said…
angry
you people all suck, can you stop writing bad things about twilight on a pro-post? i'm all for harry potter, TRUST ME, but this is for twilight fans not rude immature hp fans that make me ashamed to be one myself, so stop writing rude comments and either help add some reasons or just stop commenting here!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Zobug222 said…
mischievous
I find it sad that Twilight only has 5 pages when Harry Potter has 18... just stating this obvious comment that Harry potter IS better!... and Twilight is being blow out of proportion. It is a fad.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu XDRoseLuvsHP said…
You know what? I'm ALL Harry Potter, but this IS a pro-Twilight forum. If we really want a debate forum, why don't we just make one? Then we can debate over there freely (and hopefully not in an immature and/or rude fashion).
lebih dari setahun yang lalu NevilleSeverus said…
5: Twilight is better because it is- JUST KIDDING, Harry Potter is so much better and the fact that there are so many anti-twilighters on this forum and practically no anti-potters on the 1000 reasons Harry Potter is better than Twilght forum proves that Harry potter is better
Actually I think all it proves is that maybe Twilight fans aren't rude enough to post a bunch of anti- potter replies all over '1000 reasons Harry Potter is better than Twilight' forum. They keep it to themselves rather than throw it in HP fans faces.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu NevilleSeverus said…
Gryffindors aren't afraid to speak their minds
We are just stating opinions and there is nothing wrong with that
lebih dari setahun yang lalu LilysLittleTwin said…
I HAVE ONE, I HAVE ONE!

0005. Twilight is a great comedy, it made me laugh out loud.
You're right about that. There isn't anthing wrong with stating your opinion, but could you please make a debate forum that is made specifically for that?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MissJaycee said…
meh
To be honest, the lack of "Why Twilight is better than Harry Potter" reasons is kind of sad.
As a HP fan, I really wanted to see reasons.

And to those people attack HP fans for justifying why they aren't Twilight fans, think about it. They're giving you an opportunity to defend why you like Twilight and why you don't find it stupid.

I can find a few reasons why I don't like Twilight, but it's not really relevant to this.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu silverandgreen7 said…
LOL @ LilysLittleTwin! =)) gotta love the sarcasm ;)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu XDRoseLuvsHP said…
angry
YOU KNOW WHAT, PEOPLE? I AM MAKING A DEBATE FORUM RIGHT NOW!

Sorry, I'm 100% Harry Potter, I just feel like it's a little hypocritical that we are always saying how the Twilighters are so rude and will tear you apart if you say one bad thing about it, yet look at what we are doing to their Twilight forum!

Stating your opinions is fine, absolutely, but do it on the forum I'm about to make now. Thank you.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu haropuff95 said…
em,justmandi23,I think you're so carried away.I'm here to defend HP fans.Look,they just have a laugh.just laugh.anyone in this world would think its funny how Twihard all these times keep telling us "TWILIGHT ROCKS!HARRY POTTER SUCKS!" but when we ask them for a reasonable reason & evident for their statement, they simply ran away & don't want to listen to the fact why HP is better than Twi,even they can't come with 1o reasons to support their "TWILIGHT RULES!!" demand.so,does this prove US immature or TWITARDS immature?I'm not ashamed of me or HP fans but I'm ashamed of you.I admit that not everything I think is the same as other HPFANS but not everything you think too is the same as others.

"228. Twilight is based off of Stephenie Meyer's sexual fantasies"
How does this make Harry Potter better?Because this prove that a story that borned from sexual fantasies must contains "sexual fantasies" in itself which may corrupted young teenagers mind.While Harry Potter contains moral values of friendship,bravery,etc.So you think which book is better?Of course you can tell,do you?
\
\
"238. Twilight fans judge the Twilight series based on the appearance of the author herself, a picture of the author was added to the books."
Again, how does this make Harry Potter better?Of course this has something to do with the argument,if some Twilighters think that the prettier the author,the better her book is,of course it makes a problem isn't?

"243. Stephenie Meyer sure loves to tell people, but can never show"-it says that she's making big of herself when there's no prove that she's as good as she says,if she can't write better than Rowling,how could her book is better than HP?
\
"247. Vampires sparkle. There."
"248. Vampires sparkle in the "sun""
1]There's no such things as vampires sparkle in sun,they can't even be near light & 2]VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE!so they make 2 points,get it?and of course they prove HP is better coz HP doesn't contain recreated-nonsenses-mythological.
\
But just because YOU think that Alice is a too "girly" does not make Harry Potter better. -not that they're talking about,do you read their comment from start to finish?they mean Harry Potter freaks have more special characteristics and do much in the series where Twi-supposed to be-special-characters are just normal & can be found in rare novels.
\
What does Meyer being "self-centered" have to do with Harry Potter vs Twlight?a good author doesn't centered her own happily ever after in a story,or else it will be boring,JK Rowling writes about some good characters end alone or passed away because life's like that,not everyone live happily ever after.So,we can relate to HP characters more than Twi's bcause HP's are realistic.That makes HP a better book.
\
"266. Bella is supposably clumsy, but if Edward catches her. How boring, crack your skull already Bella.
267. Bella says she is clumsy, but at most time she only says that.
268. How come in her wedding her clumsiness didn't in the way? That would of been a good way for comic relief in the first part of a book."
of course this prove HP is better bcause Meyer can't actually writes her character properly,she said Bella is clumsy but we never get the proper evident in the story to prove that aspect of her.Satisfied?
I'm sorry TwiFans,I might be rude to you or hurt your feelings,but I have reasons to act immature.And to HPFans,I'm so sorry if I humiliate you by this act,I'm sorry but I'm HARRY POTTER FOREVER
silverandgreen7: Thank you, thank you, *bows dramatically*
haropuff95: You didn't offend me in the least :) You made me proud to have a brain.
XDRoseLuvsHP: Please send me a link to your forum as I would like to join but I can't find it -_- thanks!
eh,really?thank you!x3
yea,Rose,please,I would like to answer the rally call to defend Harry Potter from Twilighters & I'll TRY to manner myself =]
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ms_draco_malfoy said…
ok, so, first, i looked this up to see the hilarious stuff that the brainless twilight fans come up with. whats really sad is that they arent even smart enough to count. when stating the reasons why harry potter is obviously better than twilight, there are actually numbers. and the things the twitards are saying about harry potter dont even make sense. hmm.. i wonder why. maybe because there is nothing bad to say about harry potter. also probably because the preppy teenage girls who are obsessed with twilight arent smart enough to read past the first paragraph in the first book of harry potter. see, harry potter has real fans. we defend harry potter when its being attacked. and what do you do twilight fans? oh thats right, you go and hide in the corner until your abusive sparkly stalker boyfriend flies through the window.

i admit, i like 2 things about twilight. the fact that stephanie meyer had a dream that became a book, and taylor launter. but, if only stephanie meyer could actually write. :(. did you ever hear stephen king say jk rowling couldnt write? no? oh, thats what i thought.

and harry potters characters actually have a personality, and a background story on why theyre like that. if you wanted to realte to harry potter, you could be the brave, carageous one (harry); the brainiac (hermoine); the loyal friend (ron); the sarcastic athletic tomboy (ginny, and me!); the scary, overpowering one who people befriend out of fear (draco); a follower (crabbe and goyle); the wise one (dumbledore!); the absolutely evil one (he who must not be named); or.. an over obsessive stalker girly girl (lavender, and most twilight fans. well at least lavender can spell.)

but also, with twilight, the characters have.. some type of personalituy.
bella is a whore who has a really hott guy with a bangin' body in love with her, but who chooses a creepy guy who wathces her sleep and smells her every day, who doesnt even realy like her. he leaves her like 10 million times.
edward cullen, an abusive boyfriend who needs to shower, and grow up already. gotta love him, right? wrong.
the kid you HAVE to be in love with is jacob black. honestly, all harry potter fans out there, if you saw this horrible excuse for a bad acted random collaboration of video, you went for the shirtless jacob black. if you notice, mostly all harry potter fans are team jacob. because they actually have an IQ higher than the page in the 4th book they read up to. (i have it right in front of me, and i just read 400 pages in like a week. im 13, thats good for me. so its not THAT hard to read.)

i could go on and on, but everyone knows that harry potter is better, just go look at the same debate, except this one is logical. why harry potter IS better than twilight.
link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu boolander25 said…
big smile
another reason: does Twilight have a Twilight Puppet Pals? No. I don't think so. Just another reason why Harry Potter defeats Twlight.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PirateNinja3815 said…
big smile
Twilight-fans have 4 points about why Twilight's better than Harry Potter.

Harry Potter-fans have 1172 points about why Harry Potter's better than Twilight.

Just wanted to point that out...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu lauracullen66 said…
preppy teenage girls who are obsessed with twilight arent smart enough to read past the first paragraph in the first book of harry potter.---em well actually i HAVE read the whole harry potter series (an enjoyed it!) i just preferred twilight!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu taisa said…
Well i only enjoy reading about the wolfpack throughtout the whole saga! The Cullens bore me to death. Especially Edward!
boolander25: There is a TPP, they make fun of the series though. (It's not a SAGA)
lauracullen66: I believe she was taling about the crazed Twitards, you are a Twilighter. See the difference?
taisa: Right on!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DracoFanGirl said…
Harry Potter is so much better. First off, it's not very easy to relate to Bella. She telsl you "Oh, my boyfriend broke up with me! -jumps off cliff- "Oh, we're back together! Yay! <3"
Yeah, what is up with that?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Amy3422 said…
I am 111% on the side of Harry Potter, but I don't think that this is the place to be destroying Twilight. The challenge will be more fun if there's some conpetition, so why are there 6 pages for only 5 arguments?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nati30 said…
my sister's school colors are silver and green, and their mascot is a snake :) sorry, for some reason i felt the need to say tht.

oh, i felt the need to be nice, so im adding a reason. not sure which number it is since theres a bunch of annoying hp fan comments mixed in with th reasons but i guess it's six since lilyslittletwin was 5.
6. It really enchants its readers, lets all admit, twilighters are seriously loyal and dedicated to the books.

(still like HP better)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu wokawaii said…
So sorry if I am "intruding"
but when I read some of these I can't help but laugh.
Modern Romeo and Juliet? No. Are you comparing Stephenie Meyer's writing to Shakespeare? Um..that's like comparing a 5th graders writing to J.R.R Tolkien's writing and saying they are equal in comparison.

Another topic I want to touch on is "Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob." From what lauracullen66 says. When I read the part where they "broke up" I laughed. I couldn't feel a damn thing. In Harry Potter, most of us can relate to the feelings. When Sirus died, we know what it feels like to lose somebody so close. There was also the crush feeling. With Harry and Cho. After knowing Cho for a few days, Harry wasn't "Unconditionally and irrevocably" in love with her.

And I have a question: What IS the plot of Twilight anyway? I've read the books up to Breaking Dawn. I've read to about page 600 in it and then I had to return it to the library and never bothered to read it again. In Harry Potter the plot is Harry trying to kill Voldemort and find Horcruxes (in books 6-7 basically). There's also subplots (if i went into the multiple, I could write a book!). But in Twilight, the plots change with every book. I understand that she is "Unconditionally and irrevocably" in love with Edward Cullen and that they have to hunt down the bad vampires, but after the first few books they all die. That should be the end of the series, right? Whatever..

lebih dari setahun yang lalu wokawaii said…
Also, Twilight isn't a very good influence. In the latter book, Bella and Edward get married and erm...have a baby. I don't think that it is a very good example to be putting in a book for teenage girls. It just hurts our self esteem when we see that a plain girl like Bella could get Edward, and even we cannot get a guy like that.
And why does Bella like Edward? Because he's sexy and he thinks she smells good and wants to eat her? I think she's just going with it because she thinks that he's hot. What personality does he have? He's abusive (Well in the 2nd book he threw her into a table...) and he doesn't seem to be into her personality.
I don't know, it's just my opinion.
laugh
and don't get too proud about Rob Pattinson being Edward Cullen,Twihards,read this,he got kissed by a Twilight fangirl in Melbourne without his will.The girl told him she jumped out of her car at traffic light because her mom won't let her to meet Rob because she just get well from H1N1,Rob pushed her away & went to nearest pharmacy to buy listerine.LOL.He then scold his body guard,saying its their job to keep away a maniac like the girl from him.ROFLMAO!!IN YOUR FACE TWITARDS!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu snapeislove said…
mischievous
even their "HAWT ROB PAT" hates edward.. pfft..
c'mon twihards, raise the white flag, we promise not to laugh..
mischievous
yea,please raise the rotten apples too,or easier some glitter glue will do..no..I'm seriously..not...laughing..I'm..not...hidi­ng.­..m­y.. ....laugh...[haha] ,I mean..no,not..laughing...h..h..no..I'm hiccoughing..pfft
lebih dari setahun yang lalu lauracullen66 said…
im sorry, but if someone who had swine flu kissed you on the mouth, you would be very pissed off too! he just acted like anyone would!
I'm not insulting Robert Pattinson,I'm saying that some of the fans are overacting when having him as Edward & how they always say Rob Pattz is more good looking than Dan Radcliffe,they are really proud of it,but alas does Robert Pattinson himself proud of them?he even didn't like Edward,so to some Twilight fans,enough boasting of it,you'll make many people hate Rob Pattz.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu colaquablue said…
Though I am a die-hard Twilight hater and a Harry Potter fan, I would like to say that you Harry Potter fans are really disgusting me right now. I can't believe you would be as cruel as to post these horrible comments on this board or whatever. People are entitled to their own opinion. It's true- HP is better. But you guys are being completely unreasonable. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you guys are acting like yours is the only one out there. Seriously. Grow up.

AFTER THE RANT...

Ughhh, I'm sorry, I just got so mad after reading page after page of these posts.... I know you're going to hate me after you read this.
And would you believe I just joined this website to say that one thing?
--
the end :)
acting like ours are the only one out there?you go and tell them to the Twihards outside there.We want a reasonable debate,they hide.We want reasonable reasons why Twilight is better,they also hide.If they aren't hiding why don't they show up & argue back or throw fucks as they always do towards Antis in chat rooms?Grow up?tell the Twihards outside there that try to kill people just because they didn't like Twilight to grow up.we can't help it.some people are immature but never reach the level to kill when someone disagree them.And that's me,I'm sorry if I disgust you,but this is me & its hard to change me.
*shrug* You don't disgust me.
true what u said- all of it- but both sides r being difficult
lol sorry i was just so angry
huh?its ok,it wasn't your fault,you're just stating your opinion & its not a crime,unless you fuck people & stating fallacies without proves.You don't need to apologize,I apologize towards you for making you angry.But my flaw now is that I'm still stuck to my present attitude,sorry about that.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Epetrus said…
Guys, you're both on the same side.Sometimes, people just snap.

But I AM surprised that none of the Twi-girls came to argue with the Cats about how Robert is 'sooo hawt' compared to Daniel. Did they?
Could it really be that Harry Potter is just, oh, I don't know... BETTER? I thought there'd be a million replies from Twilight fangirls... O.o
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sophia21 said…
I seriously stop wanting to read this after half the first post.
twilight is the modern age romeo and juliet....-_-
when a shakespeare zombie eats your brain you will remember those words.
I am impartial between harry potter and twilight. that is, because i hate both of them. Harry potter first 3 books had the potential to be part of a great series...then Warner Bros. decided to make a movie, and everything went comertialwise. whole parts of the plot were obviously rewritten in order to please the fanbase, leaving us with an anticlimatic last book. the movies were only worse.
then Twilight, its a direct insult towards love values, women, and life perception. it poses suicide as the only way to end ones suffering. it fills young underdeveloped-brain teens with fears about aging and acquiring responsibilities. you have a friend that will do anything for you? use him around till the guy you have a crush on pays you attention. then dump him on the next gas station, leaving him with desires to suicide himself too. oh and definitely distort the image of giving birth into a nasty nightmare stimulating depiction of Alien, so that no girl wants to have a baby ever again.
seriously, both books should be banished from the pages of history. of the 2 its a tied up match to which is worst.