harry potter vs twilight 1000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:32PM

i'll go first

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

harry potter vs twilight 2632 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1151-1200 of 2632

lebih dari setahun yang lalu cassie-1-2-3 said…
That's kind of what I was trying to say.

When I say giving in, I don't mean giving in to any little temptation, like a person on a diet giving in and eating a slice of case. I'm referring to the more severe cases, like say, the urge to eat people who have done nothing to deserve to be eaten.
There's more to learn from Twilight other than how hormones work..
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dobbyjr said…
name a few lessons from twilight please.
point proven.
also, there werent "slight attempts" at putting romance into harry potter.

bella and edwards 'UNDYING LOVE." is pathetic. you cant fall that in love without even knowing the dude. she was in love with him and they'd never hung out outside of school...... um.... no.

ron and hermiones love grew as they did. they were best friends, as many are before they realize they are in love. it wasnt a last minute decision on JKR's part to through them together. it had been hinted all through the series.
No, sorry. I wasn't waiting for your response like a little puppy.

I've already said this quite a few times, but here it is again..
Twilight teaches you that you don't have to do or be what everyone expexts you to do or be (human killing vamires)
You can do anything you set your mind to. (Defeat villains, become a vampire despite what others want)
Good things come to those who wait (Love and happiness for Edward.)
i agree with the above!! im not a twilight hater... at all. ive read the books and attended the premiere. i just wanted to correct a few points on here... like they werent slight attempts, and harry potter is about love as much as twilight is..

however, the lessons in harry potter are far to deep and numerous to name. they are brilliantly hiddena dn you find new ones every time you reread.

one thing i DO like about twilight, is that meyer did break out of that classic vampire thign. when i picked up twilight, i was interested to read about these vampires.

however, the point made awhile back about twilight having longer words, and therefore being more intelligent made me wanna puke. im sorry. ithink twihards have the right to like it more than hp... but you CANNOT deny that the hp series is written a million times better (in terms of actual structure.)

example : (BREAKING DAWN LAST LINE) : And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of forever.
okay, not bad.
HARRY POTTER( LAST LINE OF HALF BOOD PRINCE) : His hand closed automatically around the fake horcrux, but in spite of everything, in spite of the dark twisting path he saw stretching ahead for himself, in spite of the final meeting with voldemort he knew must come, whether in a month, in a year, or in ten, he felt his heart lift at the thought that there was still one last golden day to spend with Ron and Hermione.

both have similar themes, but see how JKR can roll out a sentance for that long, while meyers writing is choppy and usually begins sentences with "I did," I was," or "I felt."
Bella got to know Edward over time.. At first, it was infatuation, as it begins with all relationships. Bella jumped the gun by saying she was unconditionally in love, which happens with real people too, but it eventually catches up with her.
Edward knew her well before he said he was in love with her.
And this isn't an argument, just to let you know.
hahahaha kk cassie.

and follow my blog- feel free to argue with my points... just keep the swearing to a minimal !

link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ThePrincesTale said…
All relationships begin with infatuation? ahhh...no. Sorry, but they don't. Many start with just friendship. You can see this in Harry Potter. Hermione and Ron were just friends at first, and their relationship developed into romantic love over years of knowing each other. Instead of Bella talking to Edward TWICE than declaring herself completely in love.
Twilight also teaches girls that a boyfriend is everything, more important than college. And that if your boyfriend leaves you it is perfectly all right to get all depressed and jump off cliffs. The love in Twilight is fake. What do Edward and Bella have in common?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu GemonkDruid said…
"What do Edward and Bella have in common?"

They're both dull...?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu venvargie said…
^ They're both bloody morons?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu SuperSnuffles13 said…
Hey, I sort of feel bad for the Twilight people, so I'm actually going to give thiem a reason why Twilight is good. It actually has really nothing to do with the books or movies, though, only the fandom. Check these girls out.
link
They are amazing actresses and they get friends to play some parts in the show. Recently, they have mostly done Twilight parodies, and I actually enjoy them because they are funny and WAY better than the movies or books.
However, my favorites are actually from a few years ago. When the Hillywood Show was actually a show, they had continuous episodes that was a big pardoy of Pirates of the Caribbean. I love them.
You might want to check out their Lady Gaga Christmas as well :)
So yeah. This is actually one good thing about Twilight that can't be argued against. Enjoy :)
(they have yet to do a HP parody to this day)
exactle theprincestale... exactly.
follow my tumblr :)!

link
Similar obscure taste in music and literature. (obscure in the sense that it's not the most popular) That alone can be enough to provide strong, lasting bonds for some people.
They both live without at least one of their parents.
They both feel unworthy of one another. Something that keeps them apart, yet holds them together.

Being with someone exactly like yourself is no fun.
They may have similar interests or things in common, but that doesn't mean a similar personality. Liking the same things doesn't guarantee a good relationship.
I was friends with a girl who liked all the same things as me. Despite this, our personalities had nothing in common and we now hate each other with a burning passion.
The unworthyness thing is a personality trait. Please don't try to ignore parts of my posts as an attempt to invalidate my points.
Then there's being somewhat shy and being introverted.
More, they're both very stubborn, compassionate, polite, determined, they both tend to overreact, overanalytical, the both put the other before themselves.

They have a lot more in common personality wise than the do preference wise.
OK, so they have two parts of their personalities in common. Whoop-dee-do. It isn't enough to base a good relationship on. What about the fact that Edward is abusive? What about the fact that when Edward leaves, Bella begins to develop some feelings for Jacob, if not as strong as for Edward. Edward is violent. He is attracted to Bella because he wants to eat her. Bella is the softest, least-violent person in the story. She barely has an ounce of aggresion.
The biggest personality traits they have are obsession and recklessness, which are not good traits to build a relationship on.
Sorry I forgot to post, the above is old.
I don't find Bella to be very stubborn at all. In fact, it seems she gives in to whatever anyone tells her. She becomes the girl Edward wants her to be. She becomes the girl Jacob wants her to be. Her boyfriend controls every aspect of her life.
Compassionate? Edward is violent and abusive. Bella gave up her friends and parents without a second thought and was willing to hurt them to marry Edward.
Bella is not determined. When Edward left her, she curled up in teh forest and cried, wen tcompletely comatose for months, and then took suicidal actions. It didn't seem that she was very determined to do anything.
Overanalytical? I find their thoughts to be very simplistic...
They don't put the other before themselves. Especially Bella, who only thinks of herself. She knew that by putting herself in dangerous situations in New Moon she would be hurting Edward.
I will admit that they are both polite and and overreactive...but then again, those are not strong similarities to base a loving relationship on.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Jbopa said…
i dont think twilight is better than harry potter at all cuz its bassically just for lonely teens that can supposedly "relate to the story" im sorry but i really tried to like twilight and feel something but i just cant. but in HARRY POTTER i felt emotion easier cuz it just comes to me. i mean ok, in eclipse i thought the lil war which lasted about a good 10 minutes or so was too rushed and the acting was just flat out terrible!!!
but at least in HP it takes a good long time + more detailed and most importantly; WAYYYY BETTER ACTING THAN TWILIGHT
im sorry but the twilight characters r such loners
plus twilight is too predictable + really cheesy i mean we all know who she's gonna end up with but in HP u wouldnt expect the ending to turn out all happy
Bella is very stubborn.
Stubborn means to refuse to change your opinion.
Billy tells her from the beginning that Edward is bad, she doesn't believe him. Edward tells her he's not good for her, she doesn't believe him. He then tells her Jacob is dangerous, she doesn't believe him. Jecob tells her Edward is dangerous, she doesn't believe him. Jacob tells her he's not safe, she doesn't believe him. Numerous people tell her she shouldn't become a vampire, but she never lets go of the idea.

Being compassionate means to be sympathetic or merciful.
They both don't hurt each other, or anyone else intentionally. They both feel shame for the problems they cause other people.

Bella was determined to become a vampire. She never said "Well, okay. I guess I give up" She never gave up. She was determined to do whatever she could to help out in the battles.

To be over-analytical is to think about something to the point of paranoia.
Bella constantly feared that her everyday habbits would somehow reveal Edward's secret or her motives.
Edward never had any idea what Bella was thinking, so he took some of her actions as something negative.

They constantly put the other before themselves.
Edward left Bella, even though he loved her and wanted to be with her, because he thought he was putting her in danger.
Bella ran off to go get killed by James becuase she thought she was saving her mother and the Cullens would be left alone.
Edward tries to get along with Jacob because it would make Bella happy.
Bella pretends not to be in pain when she is because she doesn't want Edward to worry.
Edward wants to abort the baby for Bella's safety.
Bella was willing to be used as bait.

Edward is not abusive. He may askew reality a bit to please Bella, but that is not abusive. All of his intentions were good.

Bella developed feeling for Jacob AFTER Edward left.. Is she really expected to stay alone forever? Never develope any feelings for anyone ever again? Never move on? She already mourned her loss.

Edward was initially attracted to Bella because she stood out from everyone. Her scent drew him in. She was the only person whos mind he could not read. Mystery is fascinating for a person who never gets to experience it. He then begins to fall for her sense of humor, he's intrigued by her lack of fear of danger (mainly becuase he can't read her thought process). He likes her physical apperance. He gets to feel human with another human for once.
There's nothing wrong with being hooked by one thing, and reeled in by another.

I'm not sure where's your getting at with the aggression or why it matters at all.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MissKnowItAll said…
"Edward is not abusive. He may askew reality a bit to please Bella, but that is not abusive. All of his intentions were good."

This is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is. Edward is extrememly abusive and the fact that 'all of his intentions were good' does not change that fact.

Edward IS abusive.

Obviously, for the most part, Edward does not physically abuse Bella; that is not to say he isn’t abusive. That is, Edward emotionally and mentally abuses Bella. Edward being a vampire is not an excuse for this; Meyer is portraying a relationship between two people and given the fact that Edward has a very human psyche—i.e. he experiences human emotions (anger, ‘‘love’’, worry), human desires (sex), and was once in fact human—it is not a reasonable argument simply to excuse his bad behavior by simply saying “Edward’s a vampire. It doesn’t count.” Abuse. What is it?

Wikipedia says:

An abusive relationship is an interpersonal relationship characterized by the use or threat of physical or psychological abuse. Abusive relationships are often characterized by jealousy, emotional withholding, a lack of intimacy, infidelity, sexual coercion, verbal abuse, broken promises, physical violence, control games and power plays.

This would be that definition broken down in terms of Edward and Bella’s relationship.

Jealousy: More than anything, Edward’s defining characteristic is in fact his jealousy. It is his jealousy that begins their relationship and generally instigates his abusive acts. Edward admits following the incident with Bella’s engine that the main reason for not wanting Bella to see Jacob was in fact his prejudice and jealousy. This is hardly his only instance of jealousy, rather an example. Another example would be what begins their relationship: it is only after Tyler, Eric and Mike have asked Bella to the spring dance that Edward decides to again speak to her, thus pursuing a relationship.

Emotional Withholding: Edward and Bella are supposed to share this incredible, transcendent relationship, which is completely undermined by the fact that rather than discuss his fears and uncertainties, Edward chooses to leave Bella at the beginning of New Moon. While it isn’t a crime to end a relationship, Edward chose to do so in such a cruel and unusual manner, instead of explaining his feelings and emotions, which makes it an abusive act.

Lack of Intimacy: The intimacy issue is trickier when it comes to Edward and Bella. In terms of physical intimacy, Edward is in control of every single chaste kiss and withholds sex, which is incredibly controlling. His withholding of sex is supposedly an attempt to protect her, but it is negated by the fact that he’s more than willing to sleep with her once they’re married, even though she’ll still be a puny, fragile human. A human who would still be hurt, regardless of their marital status.

Sexual Coercion: Again, Edward controls every aspect of their sexual lives, against Bella’s protests. Edward's refusal to have sex before marriage is not about moral boundaries, but rather about conning Bella into doing everything else his way: he starts to have sex with her, then stops, using that as an argument to force her to marry him. He also witholds sex within marriage, at which point there is no excuse.

Broken Promises: At the end of Twilight, Edward promises to stay with Bella, no matter what. Yet at the beginning of New Moon, he massively overreacts and leaves Bella in an unnecessarily cruel way, thus breaking that promise and rendering Bella suicidal. It may not be traditionally abusive, but it is unreasonably damaging.

Control Games and Power Plays: All of the above points, as well as points that will be addressed below, serve to prove that Edward is controlling. Edward is the dominant partner in this relationship, while Bella is completely submissive, which does not make a good relationship. It simply is not healthy and is not a representation of an equal partnership, nor a great love that transcends the ages.

2. Intentions.

It has to be made clear that intentions, good or bad, do not matter. It is an instance of the classic phrase “acta non verba” (or, “actions, not words”). When someone says “I love you so much!” and immediately follow that statement by trying to kill you, the meaning becomes immaterial. It does not matter if they honestly do love you, while still attempting to kill you; the action of attempted homicide still stands, and they will be charged with that, regardless of their feelings. When someone kills someone else, they cannot simply say “I made a mistake” or “I loved him/her”; the fact that they feel bad about it in retrospect does not negate the irreversible fact that they did, in fact, kill someone. When Edward removes the engine from Bella’s truck but later replaces it, the fact that he does replace it is irrelevant to the issue at hand; Edward performed an abusive act. It doesn’t matter that he felt bad about it or changed his mind; he still performed the act to begin with.

When the argument is raised that Edward only performs said action “in order to protect Bella”, his intentions are again irrelevant. In fact, "protectiveness" is a common excuse used by abusers in real life. It is not an adequate justification, not in reality, and not in Twilight. Simply put, Edward does not have the right to upend Bella’s life or attempt to control what she does, even if he cares about her. Furthermore, Edward does not have the right to decide who Bella sees, when she sees them, where she sees them and for how long. When Edward decides not to again kidnap Bella for the weekend, it does not make the fact that he had her kidnapped for a weekend the first time moot.

Abuse is not dependent upon intentions, but on what actually takes place. When Edward changes his mind or feels bad later, it does not erase whatever act he performed in the first place. When he feels bad about it, it does not mean that his character is not abusive. A character is not judged based on the person they are by the end of the novel (or series); rather, an understanding of the character is formed by incorporating everything that is learned about them throughout the series. While Edward does change his mind and does make different decisions, his good choices cannot negate the bad ones. Furthermore, while he does not repeat the same actions in specific, the general pattern of jealousy and contolling behaviour continues.

One overreaction does not an abusive relationship make. However, Edward's pattern of abusive actions makes him an abuser, regardless of his intentions and feelings on the subject.
And Edward is actually physically abusive as well:

“Edward’s shielding arms had become restraints.” (Eclipse, 84)

* He holds her down at the end of Twilight.

* Following Bella's fainting spell in Biology, which was a blatant plot device (we never see her disgusted by blood again), Edward literally drags Bella through the parking lot, pushing her into a car door.

We were near the parking lot now. I veered left, toward my truck. Something caught my jacket, yanking me back.
"Where do you think you're going?" he asked, outraged. He was gripping a fistful of my jacket in one hand.
I was confused. "I'm going home."
"Didn't you hear me promise to take you safely home? Do you think I'm going to let you drive in your condition?" His voice was still indignant.
"What condition? And what about my truck?" I complained.
"I'll have Alice drop it off after school." He was towing me toward his car now, pulling me by my jacket. It was all I could do to keep from falling backward. He'd probably just drag me along anyway if I did.
"Let go!" I insisted. He ignored me. I staggered along sideways across the wet sidewalk until we reached the Volvo. Then he finally freed me--I stumbled against the passenger door.
"You're so pushy!" I grumbled.
[snip for boring, unrelated dialogue where Bella does not berate Edward for his abusive treatment.]
He lowered the automatic window and leaned toward me across the seat. "Get in, Bella."
I didn't answer. I was mentally calculating my chances of reaching the truck before he could catch me. I had to admit, they weren't good.
"I'll just drag you back," he threatened, guessing my plan.

Taken from the Twilight paperback, pages 103-104.

* Without proper warning, Edward throws Bella across a room. While this could be seen as playful, the symbolism of the act speaks volumes. After all, he does it specifically to frighten her.

"I hate to burst your bubble, but you're really not as scary as you think you are. I don't find you scary at all, actually," I lied casually.
He stopped, raising his eyebrows in blatant disbelief. Then he flashed a wide, wicked smile.
"You really shouldn't have said that," he chuckled.
He growled, a low sound in the back of his throat; his lips curled back over his perfect teeth. His body shifted suddenly, half-crouched, tensed like a lion about to pounce.
I backed away from him, glaring.
"You wouldn't."
I didn't see him leap at me--it was much too fast. I only found myself suddenly airborne, and then we crashed onto the sofa, knocking it into the wall. All the while, his arms formed an iron cage of protection around me--I was barely jostled. But I was still gasping as I tried to right myself.
He wasn't having that. He curled me into a ball against his chest, holding me more securely than iron chains.

Taken from the Twilight paperback, page 345.

In the above example, Edward attempts to frighten Bella, as well as physically controlling her movements. He may not have hit Bella, as is custom in a physically abusive relationship, however this--controlling another's movements because you are physically stronger--is also physical abuse. It is Bella's body. She is the only person, living or dead, who should control it.

* Below is another example of Edward's symbolically abusive actions.

"That suits me," he replied, his face relaxing into a gentle smile. "Bring on the shackles--I'm your prisoner." But his long hands formed manacles around my wrists as he spoke.

Taken from the Twilight paperback, page 302.

Edward forming manacles (read: shackles, or handcuffs) around Bella's wrists is a physical display of control.

* In New Moon, he overreacts to Jasper's attack, throwing her across the room and into a desk.

* In Breaking Dawn, Bella had bruises all over her body after having teh sparklin sex (which is a "fade to black," Hays Coded scene, BTW) with Edward. .ZOMG soooo romantic. Not.

* At the end of Twilight he forces Bella to take painkillers against her will.
Plus the stalking is just... ugh.

* On page 106 of the Midnight Sun PDF, Edward begins to physically stalk Bella. It begins after three boys ask Bella to the spring dance, for reasons unknown beyond Bella being a Mary-Sue, and thus all of the boys must love her. Edward is jealous, even though he has had maybe two conversations with Bella at this point.

I tried the window, and it was not locked, though it stuck due to long disuse. I slid it slowly aside, cringing at each faint groan of the metal frame. I would have to find some oil for next time...
Next time? I shook my head, disgusted again.

Taken from the Midnight Sun PDF, page 107.

As shown by the above example, Edward has already begun to plan for his next visit. Over the next few pages, Edward decides that he is in love with Bella, upon hearing her mutter his name in her sleep. As well, Edward begins to plot how to begin a relationship with Bella.

* On page 107 of the Midnight Sun PDF Edward doesn't even bother to fight the temptation of Bella's thoughts escaping her because she mumbles in her sleep. After going on our nerves the previous 100 pages about how terrible it is to listen to the thoughts of the people surrounding you and not being able to give them privacy, that's just a bit hypocritical and kind of mind-stalking.

'Okay, Mom', she muttered.

Bella talked in her sleep.

Curiosity flared, overpowering self-disgust. The lure of those unprotected, unconsciously spoken thoughts was impossibly tempting.

He doen't even think about giving her privacy and leaving. Letting her decide what she wants to tell him, instead of stalking her mind to maybe hear something he likes. Its the same as stalking somebody to maybe see something you like. Its not romantic, its disgusting.

* On page 116 of the Midnight Sun PDF, Edward begins to mentally stalk Bella, following her through the simple, human mind of her friends. Over the next few pages of his mental stalking, Edward constantly laughs at Bella, finding amusement in her clumsiness.

* On page 153 of the Midnight Sun PDF, Edward again sneaks into Bella's room.

Bella was sleeping peacefully when I climbed into her bedroom window early Monday morning. I'd remembered oil this time, and the window now moved silently out of my way.

* In the Midnight Sun PDF, Edward spends two days, pages 157-164, doing nothing more than stalking Bella, which begs the question, "What did Edward do for an entire century?"

* He follows her home in his car

* Edward follows Bella to Port Angeles, following only four conversations between the two of them, at most.

"I followed you to Port Angeles," he admitted, speaking in a rush. "I've never tried to keep a specific person alive before, and it's much more troublesome than I would have believed. But that's probably just because it's you. Ordinary people seem to make it through the day without so many catastrophes." He paused.
::: Taken from the Twilight paperback, page 174.

In the above example, Edward not only admits to stalking Bella, he belittles her in the process.

* Edward admits to being a stalker

Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed, vampire stalker

Midnight Sun PDF, page 75.
Emotional Abuse/Possessiveness:

* Below is an example of Edward's possessiveness in regards to Bella. This happens very early on in their pseudo-relationship.

"Hello, Tyler, this is Edward Cullen." His voice was very friendly, on the surface. I knew it well enough to catch the soft edge of menace. What was Tyler doing at my house? [snipped for boring internal monologue]
"I'm sorry if there's been some kind of mis-communication, but Bella is unavailable tonight." Edward's tone changed, and the threat in his voice was suddenly much more evident as he continued. "To be perfectly honest, she'll be unavailable every night, as far as anyone besides myself is concerned. No offense. And I'm sorry about your evening." He didn't sound sorry at all. And then he snapped the phone shut, a huge smirk on his face.

Taken from the Twilight paperback, page 483.

* Following the attempted rape (read: Deus Ex Machina) in Port Angeles, Edward forces Bella to eat. While this could be seen as thoughtful and caring, given Edward's track record, it is also another indicator of a controlling personality.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm taking you to dinner." He smiled slightly, but his eyes were hard. He stepped out of the car and slammed the door. I fumbled with my seatbelt, and then hurried to get out of the car as well. He was waiting for me on the sidewalk.
He spoke before I could. "Go stop Jessica and Angela before I have to track them down, too. I don't think I could restrain myself if I ran into your other friends again."
I shivered at the threat in his voice.
[snip]
"That's fine--I'm not hungry." I shrugged.
"I think you should eat something." Edward's voice was low, but full of authority. He looked up at Jessica and spoke slightly louder. "Do you mind if I drive Bella home tonight?"
[snip]
"Honestly, I'm not hungry," I insisted, looking up to scrutinize his face. His expression was unreadable.
"Humor me."
He walked to the door of the restaurant and held it open with an obstinate expression. Obviously, there would be no further discussion. I walked past him into the restaurant with a resigned sigh.

Taken from the Twilight paperback, pages 165-166.

In this example, Edward makes decisions on behalf of Bella and asks her friend for permission to drive Bella home, rather than asking Bella herself. How considerate.

* Edward laughs at her and denigrates her mentally (as shown in Midnight Sun)
* Edward frightens Bella unnecessarily with his vampirism but does not take steps to ensure her safety.
* Edward encourages Bella to lie to her father about seeing him, and furthermore sneaks around Charlie's back in order to see Bella after curfew and before Charlie knew about the relationship.
* Edward isolates Bella from her friends, then abandons her. At that time, he tells her "you aren't good enough," in blatant disregard for how this is going to hurt her.
* Edward takes Bella's belongings that are associated with him in an effort to control her healing process. Bella should be in charge of how she deals with the loss.
* In abandoning her in New Moon he forbids her best friend - Alice- from seeing her.
* "I couldn't live without you." : Edward attempts suicide over Bella, telling her beforehand that he's planning on doing so. Control tactic.
* Edward is jealous of Jacob, to the tune of actively preventing her from having a relationship with him. (taking the engine out of her car anyone? )
* He starts to have sex with her, then withholds it against her cooperation
* Edward tries to force Bella to get an abortion in Breaking Dawn, and tells Jacob he would have forced her if not for Rosalie
* He attempts to whore her out to Jacob
heart
^OK WOW. I had lots of examples in my head, but I don't think I could list all those after reading the books 30000 times.
LOL. I didn't write that. I did it the Jack Black Gulliver way. XD
tongue
? Sorry. Unfamilliar with the "Jack Black Gulliver way"

Well, whatever you did, props for doing it. :)
smile
Okay... In the 2011 movie adaption Guller's Travels (starring Jack Black) Gulliver is copy and pasted some stuff from other websites to get a job. That's what I did, I c & ped this from a website.
smile
Oh ok. :) Well, I still give you props for finding the stuff. That's a hell of a lot of examples. :)
Heh, it was all from the same site.
*claps for Gemonk* Wow......I wonder what the Twilight fans will say to that...
What do 'props' mean? I'm fairly new here :)
Just out of curiosity cassie: You've read all 7 Harry Potter's, I think. Did you like them?
I just looked at your tumblr, dobbyjr...it's great. Keep it up!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu acciokelsey said…
cool
Twilight is better than Harry Potter when it comes to stupidity. JUST SAYING.
^so true, so true...

Stupid time zones. Whenever I'm on here no one else is. Australia is nowhere near any other countries, besides Indonesia and stuff.

Why are there so few Twilighters here defending their book? Besides Cassie, they post a few lines than go.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu youknowit101 said…
Cassie will be back in a couple days. she drops in for a couple minutes, but she'll respond here on wednesday.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu emilyroxx said…
Do you peoples know each other in real life or something?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu youknowit101 said…
No. She let me add her on Yahoo IM
Well, that makes sense. :L
The Twilight fans have not yet addressed the fact that Twilight teaches girls that a boyfriend is everything, even more important than college, and that it is perfectly alright to get all depressed and jump off cliffs if he leaves you. That obsessiveness to a boy is fine, and that the boyfriend is always number 1 priority over everything, even family and friends. Any more to add to that list, Hp fans?
^ It's all right to give your girlfriend a DIY C-section?

I'm sorry, but it just really bothers me!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu hsmgirl14a said…
Now that I think about it. The birth scene was pretty nasty. I did not like it at all.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Chloe28700 said…
cool
With Twilight its only realy suitable for teeneage girls because it has so much romance in it. But with Harry Potter 7-100 year olds in any gender can like it.
Jealousy: More than anything, Edward’s defining characteristic is in fact his jealousy...

This is telling me that being jealous is abusive..? Jealousy is a human emotion that does more harm to yourself than it does anyone else.

Lack of Intimacy: The intimacy issue is trickier when it comes to Edward and Bella. In...

I've always thought abstinence before mairrage was a good thing, not abusive.

Sexual Coercion: Again, Edward controls every aspect of their sexual lives, against Bella’s protests. Edward's refusal to have sex before marriage is not about moral boundaries, but rather about conning Bella into doing everything else his way: he starts to have sex with her, then stops, using that as an argument to force her to marry him. He also witholds sex within marriage, at which point there is no excuse.

Again, that's how it should be. The person who wants the least amount of intimacy should be in control of the portions to avoid being pressured into doing more than you want, no matter the reasons. Especially if you're not married.
A person is never obligated to have sex. Never, ever. Even if you are married.
They tried it, and Bella came out of it covered in bruises. I think that's good reason to not want to do it again for a while.
I don't recall them ever starting to have sex, then suddenly stopping.

Broken Promises: At the end of Twilight, Edward promises to stay with Bella, no...

People make that promise all the time. A small fraction of these people actually keep it. It shouldn't be taken at face value.

The only thing I can see as possibly abusive, in this section, is the withholding of emotion example. I find that to be a very jerk move that proves that Edward can be a coward.
It has to be made clear that intentions, good or bad, do not matter. It is an instance...

This is an exaggerated example that holds no relevance to Edward and Bella.
If you really wanted to, you could counter with this statement
The other day someone told me that their father had tried to kill himself when she was a teenager. I realized that this caused her serious emotional damage, yet it was unintentional.

Edward does not have the right to decide who Bella sees, when she sees them...

This is true, but relationships are about compromise. It's not unreasonable to sacrefice time with other people to spend it with your partner. Their situation is different because Edward is not aware that Jacob will not hurt her, as he believes Jacob to be less stable than himself. It was a way to protect her life, not to keep her to himself.

It would have been better for me to say motives instead of intentions. The two differ.
Motive is your emotional reasoning behind the action.
Intent is the desire to perform the action, regardless of emotion.
^ Each one of these traits are practically harmless, but connected together, and they make an abusive boyfriend, and a bad person overall.