harry potter vs twilight 1000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:32PM

i'll go first

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

harry potter vs twilight 2632 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 2601-2632 of 2632

lebih dari setahun yang lalu slytherin713 said…
Isn't it weird how Bella is friends with all the Cullens but she doesn't find it awkward she loves her best friends' brother?
bestpotterhead commented…
That's another thing Meyer took from jk Rowling. The main character falling for thier best friends sibling because Harry falls for Ginny and Ginny is Ron's (his best friends) little sister lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu VampiresRevenge said…
^ Maybe because she fell in love with Edward before she met the rest of the Cullens?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu cassie-1-2-3 said…
I don't think it's too weird to fall for your best friends brother, but in this case it's Bella becoming best friends with her boyfriend's sister.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu hanna009 said…
mischievous
meh...... hp got waaaaayyyy more than you... i have read both and i fell asleep halfway through twilight!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu lilymaus343 said…
could anyone answer me a question? Why dose Bella find herself4e ubninteresting and thinks tat shes an outsider although the opposit position is realistic. Imean all of the people in her new school like her everyone wants to be her friend and Bella is just interested in the outsiders of the school. Because they are beautyfull? Because they are outsiders? Because they are special? If i were her I would rather give a damn to the cullemns than to make them heroec. one other point I dont understand since which age do Vampires go in front of the dor by daylight and why dose noone in this town see the canine teeth of those cullens? isnt this specifily Vampireish???
lebih dari setahun yang lalu surprisezz said…
hmmm
^What???
lebih dari setahun yang lalu FalconAnimagus said…
wink
Because she is a sue. She has to look good, preferably be modest about it, and accept the outsiders. But that's why I like HP better- nobody's all good or all bad, voldy being the exception. In twilight, it's literally divided into bellas side/not bellas side. See??? All the people anti-bella don't matter or can be killed, those on her side are untouchable... Grrrrrr.....
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Purple_Dudepro said…
angelic
i will be honest, i think both are exactly the same, they have different plots but i love them both the same. Harry Potter is more of an adrenaline rush, but twilight is more romantic. love you all and hope you all agree that they are both great movies, considering they are very popular.
^^What do you mean everyone who is "anti Bella" doesn't matter? Rosalie didn't like Bella, but she was on the good side. Leah didn't like Bella but she was on the good side.
Irena was halfway on the Cullen's side, but she died. Harry was on Bella's side but he died.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu maximumrider12 said…
Eeewww twilight
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ariba_c said…
1. its so sweet and romantic!! its a really sweet love story, and Bella and Edward are such a sweet couple.
(Sweet? Uhh... stalking a girl in her sleep is supposed to be sweet? Thats disturbing more than anything. And I have no clue what makes Edward and Bella such a cute couple. Fine they both like music but other than that what do we know abotu them? Bella smells good and as we have been told a billion times before, Edward is beautiful. So? That makes them a cute couple how exactly?)

2. it shows that love is about extremes. like Edward and Bella are risking their lives for each other, a vampire and a human, and Edward and Bella do all kinds of things for each other for love, it shows that love really can conquer all!
(So does HP. Lily died for Harry which left a mark on him and prevented him from dying. It protected him through out his life. That alone deeper than the entire twilight series put together! What did Bella and Edward do that really saved their love for each other?)

3. The characters a re like, REALLY HOT! I mean theres Edward, Jacob, JAsper, Carlisle, Emmett, Mike, Alec, Dmirty, James, etc.!!!! YES the movies are more better and fun becaus of the fact that the guys are totally smokin! I mean theyd still be good without them but the eye candy makes the movies so much better!!!!!!
(OMG!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL THESE TWILIGHT PEOPLE??? hotness has nothing to do w/ this discussion. We are focused on the books more than anything. Besides, we had Rob first. We might not have Taylor but we have Daniel Radcliff and Tom Felton who are plenty cute!)

4. Kristen Stewart. Shes so talented and amazing! shes going to go far, shes really an AMAZING actress, and shes so pretty too! shes one of the best things about the Twilight movies!!!!!!!
(Again, this has nothing to do w/ the discussion really... How does thing make Twilight better? And this is an opinion. I feel that she is not an amazing actor. Not b/c im anti-twilight but I seriously dont think she is a good actress)

5. Its epic!! I mean theres always lots of tension and excitment, and theres always some problem that happens to poor Bella, and they always solve it becaus of true love!!!
(HP has problems, tension, and excitement too. And honestly, the problems in Twilight are stupid. "OMG! My Edward left me! Im gonna jump off a cliff so that he saves me and I can see him again!" If you mean mental problems then I understand...)

6. I mean seriusly, Action, romance, tension, drama….WHAT COULD BE BETTER!!!!!
(HP has action, romance, tension, and drama too.)

7. The characters are relatable. I mean Bella is just an average girl, and she has problems that everyday people face. Shes MUCH better to relate to then say….Harry Potter, some nerdy wizard with a broomstick and dead parents… *caugh caugh*
(Bella is a mary-sue who needs a male to live basically. She is overly-dependent and a weakling. If you can relate to her then im sorry for you. And Harry Potter is not a nerdy boy w/ a broomstick smarty. You obviously havent read the books. He is not nerdy first off all. He has trouble keeping up w/ HW and tests like a lot of kids. He has family and friend problems once in awhile. HP also has more realtable characters like Hermione, Ron, Luna, etc.)
Harry Potter isn't in any way good, the actors don't even get into their roles. Twilight has actual love, Bella risks her life for Edward to be with him. 7 books is just way too long for a series.
(HP won oscars and a lot more awards than Twilight. And the actors were completely in their roles. What are you talking about? They were AMAZING actors. And 7 books is not too long. You are the only person I think complains about that. It just means it has a more complex plot or should I say at least has a plot! And more details. I wish it was longer! lol:) HP has ACTUAL love. Twilight has LUST.)
Harry Potter has never won an Oscar.
Hold on, did you make those reasons up yourself, then "disprove" them? I don't remember ever seeing them anywhere.
They are a couple pages back. Page 100. And sorry I meant that HP has been NOMINATED for oscars. My mistake!
Oh, that person isn't a Twilight fan. It was just some person pretending to make twilight fans look stupid.
ohhh... ok. I didnt know that:P Anyways I personally feel the HP beats Twilight anyday. I dont know if this argument has been put down. Too many pages to read!So if this place is still active then just know IM PRO HARRY POTTER<3333
lebih dari setahun yang lalu 7bella3 said…
Nearly all the twilght movies has an oscar.Some of the movies of harry potter has oscars
No Harry Potter or Twilight movie has ever won an Oscar.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu 7bella3 said…
have so!
No, sorry.
7bella3- could you post a website which proves that either won has won an oscar?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu alexisn10 said…
@7bella3 sorry bro, Twiligt's never won an Oscar :/ their ratings are too low :(
lebih dari setahun yang lalu alexisn10 said…
@cassie-1-2-3 yeah, HP has never won. But at least it's been nominated for 12 (right?) which is a huge honor.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jj12446 said…
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Funny.
The main character is easy to relate to. Yeah, I totally remember that time where I fell in love with a vampire and almost died from giving birth to his baby.
Way easier to relate to.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu serious_claw said…
Since when is Twilight appropriate for all ages? I started reading the Harry Potter books at SIX years old. Do you honestly think my mother would've let me read books about a human girl having sex with a her vampire 'husband' (more like prison guard), and then the graphic and rather disgusting birth? Yeah, I didn't think so either. I personally cannot relate to Bella. She's annoying, weak, desperate, and emotionless. Bella doesn't stand up for herself, and feels 'safe' around Jake and his werewolf 'friends'. Who he turns on because Bella is worth more to him than his own pack. His 'brothers'. I think you need to realize that vampires and werewolves aren't relatable in any way shape or form.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twihardchiq said…
cool
Uhmm Hello??? Im new 2 dis site nd obviously twilight is lyke 10X better than hp.
accio_ciel commented…
Yeah, I can tell anda like Twilight. Your user name and lack of punctuation suggests it. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twihardchiq said…
wink
And my lytte sis who is lyke 8 reeds twilight bitch
accio_ciel commented…
And your sister who is "lyke" eight shouldn't be membaca Twilight. In my opinion, it's not appropriate for her. Also, give me a real reason why anda think Twilight is better. I honestly want to know. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bestpotterhead said…
If twilight is better than Harry potter explain to me why the 1000 reasons why Harry potter is better than twilIght thing has over 2100 pages and this one only has 109. Hmm... What one is more popular?? I don't even know why we have this debate the answers clear. HARRY POTTER!!!!!
I'm sorry i meant 106 pages!! LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!!
AND we have over 54000 replies and you have around 2000
The reason behind that is people spent a lot of time typing more words into that forum. The validity of all the words in that forum are very subjective, just saying.
bestpotterhead commented…
Yeah I guess but this one never even got to 1000 we went over. lebih dari setahun yang lalu