Huddy Huddy Couple Counseling Thread - A Team of Experts at Work :P

HuddyBea posted on Jan 17, 2011 at 09:32PM
What can I say? We are back! :D

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season...or maybe not? :P Who knows, Huddy is unpredictable and common is boring so be ready to the fireworks!!!

PS and I definitely want to have more of this!!!!!!
 What can I say? We are back! :D And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season
last edited on Mar 10, 2011 at 03:18PM

Huddy 2093 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 2093

lebih dari setahun yang lalu hughlisafan said…
heart
@HLforever & Fran2 Yes, I soon as I saw that episode title I could see the parallels. I can totally see House releasing Cuddy from him for "her own good." He essentially did that for Stacy back in S2. I've always thought that if they were to break up then that was really the only plausible way for it happen. House would sacrifice his relationship with her to protect her.

I can't remember if it was in a philosophy class or a physchology class, I just remember an ethical question was put forth to me by a professor once about the nature of love and friendship. The question was would you act in your friend's/lover's best interest even if it meant the end of that relationship? In other words, what was more important to you the friend or the friendship?

House's answer to those kind of questions is always the person over the relationship, which is the hardest road to take but the one that is most noble.

I love the whole song, You Must Remember This, but my favorite line has always been: "Hearts full of passion - jealousy and hate"

and my favorite verse is the last one: It’s still the same old story, A fight for love and glory, A case of do or die....

I have a feeling there may be some tears ahead.

@HuddyJoy Yes, Both Sides Now is a perfect example of how House uses references to songs or movies as a metaphor for what's going on in the show, which is why as soon as I saw the episode title for 7.12 I kinda flipped out in a heartbreak kind of way.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HuddyJoy0524 said…
***SPOILER ALERT**** WEEE OOOO WEEEEOOOOOO (makes noise like a siren) ***SPOILER ALERT***
I read a description for the episode after "You Must Remember This" and its called "Two Stories." I forget why House is at a school, but he is and he ends up talking to 2 fifth graders about relationships and they end up giving him advice about his relationship with Cuddy. So my guess is that something does happen in this episode that IS heartbreaking and he ends up having to learn how to admit being wrong and make it up to her. it could have something to do with cuddys mom but who knows.
***END SPOILER ALERT***

So anyways, I definitely feel like the tension and angst will be one upped in the next few weeks. For the good or the bad idk but i DO know that those 2 are gonna learn a lot about death, sticking together, and what it means to commit and love.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
well they had to crank it up as the febuary sweeps they will be fine that i have no doubt
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bluehue said…
heart
Haha..I like your siren @Hudjoy, I’m hearing the British style wee-oo..we-oo..we-oo!

Gosh, this forum talk really tugs or plays at my heart-strings..with last weeks reference to The Little Prince..bringing out my (insane) idealism, House caring for Cuddy like his special rose...& little rosebud Rachel...evoking a sense of responsibility to nuture what you love..offering meaning to a pained..even futile existence.

Now I heart all your latest comments..the Casablanca reference, & upcoming epi title from the chorus line for “As Time Goes By, you must remember this.”
@Hudjoy, you must pop some “popcorns” and watch this flick sometime, it's a gem & Ingrid Bergman is gorgeous as ever. Glad you liked it @HLf!

Yes..the PIANO in the middle of “Rick’s” place, that one song forbidden!
I can imagine House not being able to play Cuddy’s Seranade for similar reasons, having lost his love..his rose..in the midst of some turmoil, without explanation..left alone & cynical. Aaah..but in the end..a chance to sacrifice it all for the greater good..choosing an even more heroic path..love wins over the cynic..renewed.

@hughlisafan, "House's answer to those kind of questions is always the person over the relationship, which is the hardest road to take but the one that is most noble." Yea..I wonder if some Housian version of this will play out in regards to Cuddy...or should say "play it again..Sam."

@huddyfantatic, "february sweeps," nooooo...you're clouding my illusions.
@fran, hope your mood is lifted asap!
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
 Haha..I like your siren @Hudjoy, I’m hearing the British style wee-oo..we-oo..we-oo! Gosh, this fo
lebih dari setahun yang lalu fran2 said…
@bh - lately I feel a prey to the wind vane, a vessel in the middle of the storm....

@hughlisafan "I have a feeling there may be some tears ahead."
YES, a biiiiiiiiig feeling :-((((

@huddyjoy "For the good or the bad idk but i DO know that those 2 are gonna learn a lot about death, sticking together, and what it means to commit and love."
We love them so much for all this distress that they profusely give us, don't we? ;-))

@tammyr - your videos are heartbreaking. Immensely beautiful.

Today, I don't know why, I'm again sure that Arlene will not die,
although I think that for H and C is coming the time to face the storm again (and of course we have to deal with them). It will need a lot of courage, tenacity and endless love to overcome it. But the admirals can leave the ship threatened to sink? Never. The union is strength and I believe that the relationship between H and C can face any adversity.

"Your, up to the end of the world
if even with you or without you I can not live after all
Your, until the end of the World
My baby, baby it's all right
It's all right.
Mine, in the heart, soul and mud
Even with me or without me, you can not live finally
Mine, until the end of the world.

Baby, baby, it's all right
You know
My baby, baby
It's all right
I know."
 @bh - lately I feel a prey to the wind vane, a vessel in the middle of the storm.... @hughlisafan "I
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddycat69 said…
@HJ I like your siren, very funny and effective!

I hope that, if you're all right with a new cyclone in the Huddy relationship, the students will give House a good advice and that this time he'll follow it to make up with Cuddy if he needs to.
I think my heart would break if Huddy breaks up, they're so beautiful together, they're made for each other:((

@fran "But the admirals can leave the ship threatened to sink? Never. The union is strength and I believe that the relationship between H and C can face any adversity." You comfort me with your quote, they're always relevant.
 @HJ I like your siren, very funny and effective! I hope that, if you're all right with a new cyclon
I'm glad you all like my siren! I just don't want anyone spoiled if they don't wanna be..*contemplates using siren noise all the time* ;)

Well it's already Wednesday which means we already have 5 more days until the episode premieres. And we thought that the time would go so slow! *shakes head* It'll literally be here any second!

@BH i guess i should finally just cave and watch Casablanca...but im worried because people say its so good! I dont want to be disappointed because i was expecting more you know? (That's happened to me before :(

I am very much looking forward to this month of episodes and the February sweeps. TPTB are really gonna crank it up a notch so that House gets attention and I believe that they are going to have everything we have been wanting: romance, angst, distress, love, hope, sorrow, joy, death, life..all of it. I can't wait!
smile
@HuddyJoy Yes, thanks for the warning! lol I skipped that post. But, I did enjoy the *siren*. lol

As for Casablanca, it's a war-time romance (made in 1942), it's in black-and-white, and it has an intrigue/spy story as well as the romance. It's the spy story that moves the story along, brings the two lovebirds back together, and then has Rick act to send his loved one away. Compared to today's movies, you may find it slow moving; however, it is also not that long of a movie. It's only 1 hr, 42 minutes.

The writing is superb and many famous lines have come from this movie. It's very well written and well acted. It has great characters, a plot that has complexities but is not convoluted. It can be surprising, but mainly it is a movie with heart. And, I think that last reason is why it has lasted for almost 70 years.

It's not mind blowing or anything. There's nothing fancy about it. It's a pretty straight forward movie, but it's a story with real heart to it.

@HLF I absolutely ADORE old movies and have seen a ton of them but this one has just never struck my interest. However, i love Claude Rains so that might make it worth it enough to see the movie! And i do like spy stories...;)

I myself am a HUGE Bette Davis fan :D
 @HLF I absolutely ADORE old film and have seen a ton of them but this one has just never struck my
smile
Just to add..along with @hlfan's nice review...suspense..romance..touch of humor.
@HudJoy, Right about "expectations" thing..is best somtimes to stumble onto these things by happenstance, inclination..mood..friends. I remember not knowing anything about Casablanca and then caught it one midnight showing at my Univeristy, on a campus theater big screen. I loved it, and the student crowd kind of made it fun. It was also a welcome study break..like an interesting escape to another place & time.

@fran, Yikes! Those are some bumby waters..we'll just have hang on tight thru stormy February.

Edit: Ha..I agree..Betty Davis IS "mind blowing."
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
heart
hello beautiful girls :)! I say that because I finished reading all the posts and they are lovely. I have been without a laptop cord for days. Way back when we were discussing House's relationship with Rachel and Cuddy I came across this bible verse that made me reflect on the nature of sacrificing ones own desires and selfishness in order to truly love another person. "If you cling to your life, you will lose it, and if you let your life go, you will save it." Luke 18:33 In the spiritual context it means realizing that you are not self-sufficient and giving your life to God as a savior but it also reminds me of the proverbial metaphor of love as a leap of faith. If House lets himself trust in his ability to have a relationship with Cuddy and Rachel, if he gives himself over to love he will save his life. We've seen his attempt at rationalization "I'm better off alone." when he spoke to Wilson about Cuddy and his speech to Taub about how you give part of your freedom away in a relationship. We have also seen him giving himself away in small ways, comprimising, apologizing,involvement with Rachel, and taking the ultimate step of courage in confessing his love for Cuddy. Hopefully House will continue to learn in the words of U2 to "..give yourself away, and you give yourself away...."
cool
Just want to add that I love old movies--however Casablanca is not a favorite, maybe because I haven't seen it from the beginning. House and Stacy's relationship arc reminded me of Casablance slightly. The moment of audience introduction when we hear the name "Greg" quietly said by Stacy always seemed reminiscent to me as well as the "save my husband" theme. Like bluehue I love the old Hitchcocks, I spent a lot of my college days watching Turner Classic Movies in the mornings.
heart
@HuddyJoy I'm afraid I haven't seen too many Bette Davis movies. I've seen one: All About Eve, which is an all time classic as well. I don't know why but I do like old styled spy themed movies. I've seen much of Hitchcock's catalogue of movies. I also like Cary Grant films.

@mysuspicionsis I'm not religious at all but I do like your bible verse. I think that's how House loves - totally. He's fully committed and engaged emotionally, which is why he's so terrified of putting himself in a situation to love. He is a no holds barred kind of guy. I think Cuddy knows that which is why she resisted for so long. She's much more of a hider than House is in so many ways. House craves intimacy, while Cuddy tends to run away from it.

Also, I too love that "Greg" moment with Stacy. The expression that is on House's face when he hears it and then he turns and sees her -- AMAZING. Hugh is amazing. Whenever I watch Three Stories I always watch that Greg scene multiple times before allowing the video to play on. There's just something about it, isn't there?
cool
@hughlisafan: That was the first time I heard that House's name was Greg so it came off as so personal.... A Greg or Lisa moment would be amazing between House and Cuddy. It is amazing how Season 5 showed so much hesitation from House where we all believed that Cuddy was the one who wanted a relationship the most....and then we saw Under My Skin and realized how he views Cuddy. I think that is why the line "I always want to kiss you" resonated so much with everyone. All the times he has teased her, smiled at her, yelled at her, ignored her... we see the depth of his feelings.
ETA: Cary Grant movies? Always good. Have you seen Charade? Not as well known but Audrey Hepburn/Cary Grant. Got it from the library long ago and watched it twice in 2 days.
@mysusp "If you cling to your life, you will lose it, and if you let your life go, you will save it." Luke 18:33....it also reminds me of the proverbial metaphor of love as a leap of faith. If House lets himself trust in his ability to have a relationship with Cuddy and Rachel, if he gives himself over to love he will save his life."
Really, really beautiful said.

@hughlisafan "I think that's how House loves - totally. He's fully committed and engaged emotionally, which is why he's so terrified of putting himself in a situation to love. He is a no holds barred kind of guy. I think Cuddy knows that which is why she resisted for so long. She's much more of a hider than House is in so many ways. House craves intimacy, while Cuddy tends to run away from it."
I think both have suffered much in life and this is why they raise the barriers between them. You make me think of a quote that touches my heart: 'When I was a girl, my life was music that was always getting louder. Everything moved me. A dog followed a stranger. That made me feel so much. A calendar that showed the wrong month. I cried over it...I spent my life learning to feel less.'

@huddyjoy - you are officially our Little Mermaid :-)
 @mysusp "If anda cling to your life, anda will lose it, and if anda let your life go, anda will save it."
laugh
...and the writers are URSULA??????
 ...and the writers are URSULA??????
heart
let's fight for victory! XDDDDDD
 let's fight for victory! XDDDDDD
@fran yay! i get to be the little mermaid! :D i like this...

@mysus "hello beeautiful girls" well you are beautiful too!! :D
I love your bible verse its so true i love it! As a christian, i know its really hard for me to give myself totally to God sometimes as well as in love and remembering to do that is hard because i want to have control i want to direct my life...but ive gotta give myself up. i guess you could say that house and i got a lot in common ;)

@HLF oh my gosh you gotta see some more Bette movies! :) All About Eve is fantastic; i highly recommend Now Voyager, Mr. Skeffington, and Dark Victory as well. Those are amazing! (And i love Cary too he was sooo handsome xD)
"She's much more of a hider than House is in so many ways. House craves intimacy, while Cuddy tends to run away from it."
I also wanna add here how true this statement is! as much as house pushes people away he wants to be close and near to them he just doesnt know how while cuddy is afraid of it. that explains the reason why it took them so damn long to admit their feeling and why this push and pull thing is still happening with them now! :0

kiss
@mysuspicionis Oh yes, I've see Charade multiple times, as well as North By Northwest, Bringing Up Baby, The Philadelphia Story, Suspicion, Arsenic and Old Lace, Notorious, The Bishop's Wife, To Catch a Thief, and An Affair to Remember. I own most of these films. My favorite Christmas movie ever is The Bishop's Wife. I love the spy/thriller movies: Charade, Notorious and North By Northwest. To Catch a Thief is made of so much win too. Cary Grant is one of my all time favorite actors even though he stopped making films well before I was even born! lol

That "I always want to kiss you line" still sends chills into my spine. It was said with such simplicity and yet the longing was evident. S5 was a great Huddy season. Their first kiss.... *sigh* I can't wait for the moment they call each other by their first names. It is so very personal and strange. I loved the scene with Cuddy's mother where she asks Cuddy why she is always calling House "House." "His name is Greg." You go Mama Cuddy! lol

@HuddyJoy I find it tougher to watch old movies these days. I got into old movies because the old independent video rental places had them in stock and they were cheap to rent. But, those places are long gone. Instead, we're stuck with "big" video companies who offer little choice and expensive prices. Maybe our local library has some I can check out.

@HLF i know that the libraries definitely have some you can rent and the AMC and TCM channels on t.v. play old movies all the time (TCM doesnt play commercials!) thats how i got into them :)

Can i also just generally point out that i love how we all have so much more in common here just besides huddy? here we are talking about old movies we've all seen and love and i know we had a jane austen discussion once. love it. :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
Ladies this video was done by our anony. It is an amazing tribute that I am not sure could be matched by Hollywood. It is brilliantly done and I think even Lisa Edelstein would be honored. I posted here because so many people come here.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HuliHookup said…
@hlf "That 'I always want to kiss you line' still sends chills into my spine. It was said with such simplicity and yet the longing was evident." Yes. The combination of that line and the intensity behind House's/HL's powerful, piercing gaze at Cuddy/LE is what did it for me. His eyes reveal and say so much about what Cuddy really means to him. He wants her, he longs for her, but most importantly, he loves her.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu maverickangel35 said…
anonymously made that?!? It is just gorgeous.
OMG. I am in love with that video thanks for posting it tammy! *goes to find anon to tell her that shes amazing*
laugh
@HughLisa: so true about it being hard to find old movies. Definately the library was a good source for me during college. I've seen most of the movies on your list and I think most of us LOVE Notorius....Rebecca is really good too. @Huddyjoy and Fran: Your Little Mermaid/Ursula thing cracked me up!!! and also made me think of the songs. Hopefully come finale time we won't be singing "Poor unfortunate souls!!!...."
heart
@anon: beautiful, touching, tender and amazing video. The dual I love yous at the end were inspired.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
LOL Tammy do you want to be my agent? Posting it everywhere...
Tanks everyone for the kind comments!

Just a few more days until the next episode! Looks intense
@Huddyjoy - Loved the siren alerting us of spoilers. Such a good wit and sense of humor. I too think that we have much more in common than Huddy. We are very expressivee women and talented finding an outlet to express ourselves.
The Huddy dynamic because of the sacrificial nature and the 20 year history embodies a commitment between two people that our society has lost.
@mysuspicionis - One of my favorite scriptures. It always reminds me to do my best towards people because this life is about giving back and making the most of our relatioinships and trying to bring the best out of each other.
@anony - I still get teary over that video. It shows her in such a positive light and some of the things that make her who she is.
@Huddycat - I love that pic. It holds such an intensity.
@HLF - so many great insights and a very well-spoken young woman.
@hulihookup - always love reading your romantic take on Huddy.
@BH - as always I love reading your comments. You helped me find a lighter side of myself.
@Fran2 - You too need an agent. we could get you started in a comic strip for Huddy. Your mind is an amazing web of fairytales, romance, and humor.
Ladies have a great day. we are only 3 days away from a highly intense episode.
 @Huddyjoy - Loved the siren alerting us of spoilers. Such a good wit and sense of humor. I too think
kiss
@anon - you have been able to grasp the full essence of Cuddy. Incredible video.

@mysusp "Hopefully come finale time we won't be singing "Poor unfortunate souls!!!...."
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha
I could kill the writers ;-)

@tammyr - thanks dear, could I have the same Hugh's agent? At least me and Hugh could cross into the agent's office and... you know ... one thing leads to another XDDDDDDD

Where do I sign??????????????????
 @anon - anda have been able to grasp the full essence of Cuddy. Incredible video. @mysusp "Hopefully
@tam thanks for your comments and your pic, love to see them together

@fran "one thing leads to another" LOL

@mysusp I agree with you, Rebecca is a great movie too.

I read all your comments about old movies and some parallel lines with House, it's very interesting, but I hope it won't end like Casablanca. BTW who is the third man ? Lucas ? NOOOO!
Did you see "the purple rose of Cairo" from Woody Allen ? Mia Farrow falls in love with a character of the film and this one goes out of the screen to meet her, and then the "real" actor comes and try to separate them. A ghost of past could reappear (hallucination and zombies dance) and meddle in the Huddy relation ship?
 @tam thanks for your komentar and your pic, cinta to see them together @fran "one thing leads to anot
aaaaahhhhhhhh @mysus!!!!!!!! :D I frickin love that song. one of my favorites in the whole world.
"Hopefully come finale time we wont be singing poor unfortunate souls" uuhhh....i ALREADY walk around singing that.....*is worried for sanity now* ;)

Your welcome @anon youre awesome hon! <3

@fran i always love the little pictures you post they are always so funny and cute!

@tammy *sighs* i wish i could write and express myself like you do
"The Huddy dynamic because of the sacrificial nature and the 20 year history embodies a commitment between two people that our society has lost."

So perfectly put, once again.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
Just wanted to share that i am tuned in, even if i have zero time to post. Hello, my dears:)

I am over-excited about both Barbara's preview to "Family Practice" and mostly GY's spoilers on the famous ep 15. Sounds awesome and Huddy-positive too.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
I cant wait for mondays ep of house and ep 15 looks intresting cant wait
smile
hi @ deliab :)
@huddycat "@fran "one thing leads to another" LOL"
Yes, we MUST remember THIS ;-))))

@huddyjoy - thanks :-))

@deliaB - welcome back :-))
laugh
me tooooo!!! only 2 more days people!
heart
G’mornin’ "shout outs" to you “Fortunate forum Souls! Aaah..never saw Little Mermaid, will put on my list of things "to do" when 4 yr. old niece comes to visit...and think of @HudJoy swimming around under the sea..ha.

@tammy, you DO make a good agent & writer of fanfics & recently..videos, which you could set to music..via your own piano playing! Anxiously awaits.
@anony, "I Miss You," title of your latest tasty Huddy crumpet..morsel..which I enjoyed greatly!
@huddycat, I like yer "Purple Rose" idea, mixing up what is real or illusion..zombie dream..oh my.
@fran, always smile to see latest cartoon posting...no pressure!
@mysuspicion, Hmmm..."suspiciously" like title of Alfred Hitchcock movie of same name. Well, you know I adore "Notorius," the most I spent buying a movie..eeks, $45 dollars for Criterion Collection version. IF we were ever snowed in together..ha..okay probably never..but..we could watch that..plus Charade..which I JUST bought myself the Criterion one for Xmas. I HIGHLY suggest the restored version bc the color & music score is very much better than what is shown on tely & haz a very amusing director's track.

Good to see busy @Delia drop by too! Yea, I was afraid to read Barbara's early review of "Family Practice," I'm thinking..more like malpractice..with Cuddy's sad face in promo..BUT..BB is careful not to give away too too much. So this is a Peter Blake story. I read up on him recently. He majored in Literature at Harvard..and most inspired by Edgar Allen Poe. That fact I found interesting..because of his S4 story “Maternity,” with that mysterious TWIST of an ending..when we see the elderly nurse wipe her nose! SO, come Monday night, I am expecting a suspense filled story..hearts beating fast..thump thump thumping under the hospital floorboards!
smile
you know Suspicion is the one of the few I haven't seen...strange huh??? I would love to see the brightly colored Charade as Stanley Donan intended it. I love the theme music too. Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo I can't believe you've never seen Little Mermaid! You're my age, what did you play in the pool as a kid??!! LOL (well besides Jaws--dun duh dun duh) For some reason I am not yet psyched up about the next episode. It's weird... Maybe because I know things are good until the 15th ep at least... But I want to see the Cuddy/Mom shopping scene where her mom refers to her clothing style as "an italian hooker" LOL So Peter Blake is supposed to be a good writer? I like Kaplow but Maternity was pretty good and I just saw it again recently with somebody. House was pretty intense/obsessed so we saw a lot of his character traits in that episode not to mention the moment of House gently lifting the baby that died...very sad and telling.
@BH and @mysus

I agree! I think that tomorrows episode is definitely going to be intriguing and suspenseful especially because the stakes are just so high! Hahahaha "Italian hooker" i cant wait for that part...altho her mom has a point...Cuddys outfits have become more and more...errr...promiscuous over the seasons xD

Altho i can admit i too am not as excited for tomorrows episode but i think its because of the heavy material that is going to be in it. the episode will not be as light hearted as "Carrot and Stick" nor as fun which means its gonna be time for the tension and angst between Huddy to increase and i want things to stay light and simpler! aahhh well....thats life!

*goes off to find flounder and sebastian* ;)
@mysusp "the Cuddy/Mom shopping scene where her mom refers to her clothing style as "an italian hooker" and @HJ I agree with you, this scene should be funny and great, but com'on, Lisa Cuddy is really hit and sexy, a "red blooded woman" (see the vid by vovonat)

Can't wait to see this ep which seems to be a high step for Huddy
@BH - You have helped me find a different side of myself which I will always be grateful for. The video below is a sign of a sense of humor with a touch of romantism.

@Huddycat and @ huddyjoy - I haven't seen cuddy's mom saying that about and Italian Hooker. going to look.

@mysuspicionis - Going to watch "Maternity" right after the Super Bowl. If it was intense for you then it is worth a second look.

Have I told you guys that you are amazing?
There were lots of commercials for House tomorrow on during the super bowl! :D im starting to get pumped up for it now. ;)
laugh
Hi ladies :-)))
What about Italian Hookers???? They are the best because they belong to a protected (by our Prime Minister) wildlife XDDDDD

waiting for a RELAXING new ep....
 Hi ladies :-))) What about Italian Hookers???? They are the best because they belong to a protected (
laugh
Hahaha..Cuddy - "She's A Lady" and a "Pretty Woman."
@tammy, that vid with Sir Tom Jones singing cracked me up..is also timely, 'cause as you probably already know..he sings on one song on Hugh's "Let Them Talk" cd. (I can't quite imagine..British Lounge Blues..hmmm?!).

New epi "RELAXING!?" Yea, like Cuddy's Mom makes you feel as relaxed..as a raw bundle of nerves!
Huddy will need a vacation to a Zen monastary to come down after this episode.
@BH "New epi "RELAXING!?" Yea, like Cuddy's Mom makes you feel as relaxed..as a raw bundle of nerves!
Huddy will need a vacation to a Zen monastary to come down after this episode."

Bahahahahahahaha you are soo right! as soon as i heard that candice bergen was playing cuddys mom on the show i was like here we gooo...THIS woman is definitely add some more anxiety to the mix (CB is so good at playing those parts).

i think we will all need a zen monastery after this episode...heck after the feb sweeps! *goes to make us all simultaneous appointments*
laugh
LOL--you know what's funny? I don't know really how I would classify my clothing style but I think I have a good grasp of what appropriate clothing is---yet Cuddy's clothes don't really bother me. People who aren't pro House and Cuddy make such a fuss about them but it's not really a big deal to me for some reason. She dresses a lot better than all these botoxed/facelifted women on reality shows.
This is not House and Cuddy related but I've already talked and talked about the Superbowl Ad so I need to mention it here to get it out of my system. The House/Mean Joe Green commercial. When I was little I saw one of those "Greatest Commercials Ever" type shows and it had the Mean Joe Green Coca Cola commercial. The sweet little boy softens the mean football player. (my parents explained it to me) When I saw the House commericial last night a bunch of things flashed through my mind---Why is there a sweet little boy on House?, Maybe this is one of the students from the episode coming up where he talks with the 5th graders...(slight cringing at the sweetness) and then the boy said "Dr House I think you're the greatest!! and I realized what was happening and was knocked over by the hilarious parody. This had to be written by the shows writers or at least someone with a good grasp of the show. This completely calms any misgivings I had about the episode where the 5th graders give love advice because now I am sure it won't be too Hallmark channel. Actually I love sweet hallmark channel movies in their place but it would be jarring to see the wise children teach Dr. House how to love LOL
laugh
Here is the original
cool
AND NOW THE DR. HOUSE 2011 DELUXE COLLECTERS EDITION
link

what is really cool is when I typed in the keywords this afternoon the first thing that pulled up was a Christian Author's blog whose name I recognize from books at the library and Books a Million talking about how she likes House the show and loved this ad last night. Which goes to confirm our suspicion that people who love writing love this show.
Ok so just watched the new episode!

***SPOILER ALERT WWEEEEEE OOOOOOO WEEEEOOOOOOO SPOILER ALERT***
My first impression: i actually wasnt that impressed by "Family Practice." I think that the promos made the episode seem much more tragic, exciting, heartbreaking, and emotional than it actually was. The intensity level wasnt there and the stuff with cuddys mom and sister was rather superficial until the very end (i did like the very end with cuddy and her mom holding hands). i think it was a letdown for the hype we were expecting and i didnt like the taub stuff thrown in there. and the episode made me dislike masters (she was ruining everything!)
*** END SPOILER ALERT***

i hope that i will wake up tomorrow and read all of your amazing comments and be like oh yeah it was totally awesome, my bad! but i wanted to share my initial feelings in case any of you felt the same. most of you will prob be waking up in a few hours so cant wait to talk to you! xD