Huddy Huddy Couple Counseling Thread - A Team of Experts at Work :P

HuddyBea posted on Jan 17, 2011 at 09:32PM
What can I say? We are back! :D

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season...or maybe not? :P Who knows, Huddy is unpredictable and common is boring so be ready to the fireworks!!!

PS and I definitely want to have more of this!!!!!!
 What can I say? We are back! :D And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season
last edited on Mar 10, 2011 at 03:18PM

Huddy 2093 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 2093

lebih dari setahun yang lalu mysuspicionis said…
Hi Bea! Hope your studying is going well. I will be watching tomm as usual but I have gotten someone to watch House DVDs with me so I will be continuing on with Season One tonight.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HuddyBea said…
smile
Hi there, well be sure to stop by when you can :) and enjoy season 1 :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HouseMindFreak said…
Glad to be back...here!
I wanna see this again
 Glad to be back...[i]here[/i]! I wanna see this again
lebih dari setahun yang lalu walkingangel said…
smile
Here's some news about our thank you from Hugh and Lisa. link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HLforever said…
Hm I guess I should transfer here, since the hiatus is over...
I'm going to repeat myself though and say: UGH I CAN'T WATCH THE EP TONIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE TO STUDY.
FML. D:
lebih dari setahun yang lalu walkingangel said…
laugh
@rrennie ROFLMAO I support the demand.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu anonymously said…
Hey everyone. I haven't decided yet when I'll watch the episode but I hope it's great and you all enjoy it!

It's fun to see you all back and ready for some analyzing
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Belle0308 said…
Hey everyone!! I was so lame I forgot it was on tonight and I thought it was next week. I will be watching for sure. I have missed my beloved Huddy. I just hold my breath that they don't dash my dreams too soon. It is such a cautious approach.
 hey everyone!! I was so lame I forgot it was on tonight and I thought it was selanjutnya week. I will be w
heart
Ah, I couldn't resist. I'm going to fail school.

But the last Huddy scene WAS SO FREAKING SWEET OMG.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HuddyJoy0524 said…
kiss
Hey girlies! :) I keep trying to come back here and keep up with you and it just keeps failing! ill try really really hard to come back here to stay!

i got to watch tonights episode and really enjoyed it, especially the parts with cuddys mom (although candice bergen is really starting to look old now! it made me really sad :( im looking forward to next weeks episode immensely its looking like we will be getting some great house and rachel bonding time!

i hope everyone is doing well and good luck with the studies this semester! (my classes start back up tomorrow morning! yikes!) peace and love from your HJ!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
Haven't watched it yet, sadly:((((

HLF, are they TOUCHING at all in this episode???????
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Delia_Beatrice said…
Saw it. It was LOVELY. Everything Huddy was just perfect for this phase of their relationship. They were relaxed and open and close and intimate and devoted to each other and really sweet. Lovely.

On the down side: i really, really need to see House touching her. The last time he initiated a physical contact was in "Selfish", and that is just odd for such a sexual man who is fascinated with his lover's body.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HuliHookup said…
@Delia I totally agree with you a gazillion percent. It's sad that we see (of all people) Taub get more action than House and Cuddy when his marriage has been down the shitter for years.
laugh
I was indeed asking yesterday on twitter why we get Tachel making out on the couch and we don't get to see Huddy kissing madly in Cuddy's office....WHY I get Tachel having a quickie inthe clinic room whereas the world was still covered in ice the last time House touched Cuddy....
wink
Ahaha! Totally Rrennie XD I'm not into Chase, but I definitely find him sexier than Taub :P I
I really think you nailed it @rrennie. That's bugging me too a lot. I would gladly have a word with creators. This is not JUST the way relationships are....I miss that part too. A lot. That doesn't make sense to me either.
@rrennie Remember, 17 inches!! The pants have to be THAT loose!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddycallianfan said…
heart
They are SO SWEET at the end!!!!!
OMG!!! This the best scene in the whole episode IMO.
So cute, so sweet!!!
And he tried to defend her when Arlene said the bad word on "s"!!
MY heart melted in this two scenes!! <3
 They are SO SWEET at the end!!!!! OMG!!! This the best scene in the whole episode IMO. So cute, so
@rrennie i see what you are saying but i have to disagree.

1) I think they have showed a lot of romance with House and Cuddy. I really like that every episode hasnt been about them kissing, touching, etc because a relationship is about so much more than that (i too wanna see some more steamy Huddy smut but hey this IS tv 14 :p)

2) They also have to cater to the non Huddys...we have to remember that. If every episode centers around them then that will alienate a ton of fans (i already have a sister and a mom that have become alienated from the show for disliking house and cuddy, respectively, and therefore disliking the huddy relationship). they have to focus on tachel and chase and foreman and others because they are all important elements of the show as well.

3) They also have to focus on stuff with family. house is part of cuddys family now: he has to learn to be a father figure to rachel, a son figure to Arlene now, and take care of cuddy. thats all stuff that he has to face and we need to see him come to terms with that (like in Unplanned Parenthood and Larger than Life)

4) House is also in a serious relationship that is taking away time that he has for himself and with Wilson. He has to learn to balance work, friends, gf, and me time and that can be hard to do. the writers need to address that as well.

5) the negativity...thats house! house is a negative person and the show is very negative especially when it comes to relationships. characters fall in and out of love, people die, people get divorced and break up...thats the way the show is. if more episodes were designed like "now what" then the show wouldnt be...house. I think what was special about "now what" is that it was a break from the normal housian negativity and tension and gave us a nice beautiful opening to the huddy relationship. but they cant maintain that forever. i like so far that house and cuddy have had to deal with a lot of negativity but through it all they stuck together and still are. thats saying a LOT.

arlene even stated that it was clear that house loves cuddy. and if thats the foundation of their relationship, they can shoot for the stars. xD
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddycat69 said…
Hey, I read a lot of interesting comments about episode 9 and that's great to have something new to debate;)

The "diner" scene was very funny and after all we imagined about the pic where Cuddy and House are together with Wilson sleeping of the table in the background, and finally they're just washing the dishes ! what a gap between our speculations and the "reality"!

I agree with HJ : they're others characters in the show and the writers can't simply forget them to center the show on Huddy, otherwise the show should be "Huddy" and not "House".

But it's very interesting to see how House will handle with his new "father's role".

And I would like to see more Huddy scene like the one in Cuddys office at the end. I miss such romantic scenes and some "kiss scenes" too.

@D_B I agree with you "The last time he initiated a physical contact was in "Selfish", and that is just odd for such a sexual man who is fascinated with his lover's body." It's really strange indeed.
 Hey, I read a lot of interesting komentar about episode 9 and that's great to have something new to d
@rrennie ok i think i see what youre saying now. we arent getting the little stuff like all their convos ABOUT the issues instead of the issues themselves. i see what youre saying and yes i do agree with that point ;)

i think the major problem is that the show is only about 43 minutes long so they dont have as much time to do that i think like they wanted...i think thats what now what is for. (and while i really enjoyed that episode it wasnt my favorite either so dont be afraid to voice your opinion! ;) i hope that they can find little moments like this more often to get to. i think the washing the dishes scene in last nights episode and them sitting on teh couch hints at those little moments, we just dont get to see them all.

@huddycat i think the reason that house hasnt really initiated much of the contact is that hes giving more time to be the initiator. i know that they have lots of off camera sex we dont see and im sure he intitiates a lot of that but we are seeing more of an equal give and take between them. i think some of its his insecurity as well and he doesnt want to seem like sex freak or like thats the only reason he loves cuddy. he wants to enjoy the little things as well! :)

p.s. i LOVE your picture that you posted! i love how peacefully blissful cuddy looks. the first time since...well forever!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu true_love_huddy said…
heart
Hello everyone!I missed you all so much, and all these conversations about the episodes...We are back again!

I liked the episode, it was exactly what I had expected before. The Candice Bergen-scenes were very accurate and funny, I laughed so much. It was great to see them again, sometimes I realized I wasn't able to understand the dialogues, because Hugh's gorgeous face captivated me...a 2 months period can be really long!

I like the way the writers are trying to cover every important issue this couple can face with, and how they show the importance of being present in the other's life completely: not only in good times, but in difficult situations as well, and one knows that accepting a partner means enduring his or her family at the same time.

As for the physichal contact...oh my god, I couldn't even remember how many times we have already mentioned these two words, because this topic is really a recurring problem which bothers most of us. I still think we don't get enough of that, although that last scene satisfied me a little bit..:)
@Delia-"i really, really need to see House touching her." Agree with you. But I think the writers must have a certain, very good reason for not showing us a House-initiating-touch scene. This kind of behaviour seems really weird in their relationship, mostly because we know well he likes her, he needs her and desires her. But somehow, showing open, intimate and deep gestures can make someone vulnerable and dependent, and apart from that House is comfortable and happy with Cuddy, the frequent touches wouldn't match his personality, maybe. Let's remember the picture Cuddy lying next to House in a white dress...Their posture tells the same: Cuddy passionate, open and intimate, but House a little bit rigid and serious. Oh this man is complicated, but that's what we adore in him!:)But not only the physichal touches are rare: verbal manifestations of love are even more incidental. House acts according to his motto mentioned in "Now what": "Words no matter, actions matter..."I think his actions really can tell us a lot: he wants to be with his lover each night, he wants to know her child better, and he's even able to tolerate the mother, which is maybe the most difficult task in their relationship:) He wants her to be happy, and he really cares about her-proof of their connection. I would be the happiest if I could see him initiating a touch, but I am sure, in the appropiate moment we can see that movement. I must be optimistic!:)

Actually what I appreciated very much was the washing-up scene together. They seemed to be so close to each other, so relaxed, and mostly, intimate. Cuddy's smile can tell us everything. I don't think they seem unhappy or bored, maybe just uncommon, different, which is sometimes weird, really, but many times special.
wink
@HJ-I think there's a difference between a caring, close touch and a touch which initiates sexual interaction. I mean, the first one is much more complex, much more intimate and deeper, because expresses complicated feelings and connection.-so I think a simple intimate hug, kiss or touch on her waist or face (OMG, a touch on her face...)wouldn't mean he thinks of sex only. I think you are right by mentioning it can express House's insecure self, and I guess he has to learn a lot-but Cuddy is a good teacher.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddyfantatic said…
I am sorry i am late but just got around to watching the ep i loved it i especially loved the last huddy scene OMG the dinner scene was funny to watch and house giving them a sediative was classic house the less i say about taub and his wife the better now I am wondering whats in store for when cudy sister comes to town yes jumping ahead but its gonna be fun to watch
lebih dari setahun yang lalu tammyr50 said…
I love you rrennie. ok the last scene House needed a break from everything because the relationship is like a job. guess what we need a break as the fans from all this portrayal of how hard it is to be in a relationship.
These two have thought about each other for 20 years. Every relationship has obstacles but where are the conversations that would be taking place.
Wow Cuddy when you perjured yourself I was speechless.
Wow House when you had the whole fantasy about us together it would have meant everything to know that you needed me that way.
When you were in Mayfield I didn't come see you because I was so afraid that you weren't going to care enough to fight.

Look I loved Cuddy's mom. I loved the dinner scene. But they wrote Taub and Rachel with more romantism and love than they are writing Huddy.
This is seven years in the making and seven years of history and not even a decent birthday present? everybody passes out and the woman who saved your life, your career you give her two vicodin pills.
Give them to me because apparently I need them.
worried
I'm a little worried because of the whole "not wanting to spend time with others" theme... But if he is spending time with Rachel next episode that is very self-sacrificing so I will just put it down to the writing for this episode.
The relationship is being portrayed as a sacrifice. Sometimes people want to see what brought you to the game. How did you get here? Why are you here?
Come on Huddy is not a sacrifice.
Cuddy - You make me better. I hope I make you better. You are the most incredible man I have ever known.
House - The last thing I want to be is friends. I was going to come and see you but I got expelled. I need you.
There is nothing sacrificial about this
 The relationship is being portrayed as a sacrifice. Sometimes people want to see what brought anda to
If I am being totally honest, while I am watching House, I am not really feeling it that much at the moment. The thing is, I am having a hard time enjoying the Huddy thing when they really aren't allowing us to.

Cuddy's Mom told him that she realizes he loves Lisa and that is why he was quiet at the table, but basically Cuddy and Wilson had to manipulate him to get him there in the first place.

It was a cute episode and what I have come to expect this year. I don't think we are going to see any more of the crazy, hot Huddy passion and after watching the Shore interview, I realize that Huddy is basically a time bomb. It is a bomb that won't explode in passion in a good way, just explode in destruction. The hardest part about this imo is that I never envisioned them as falling apart once they actually made their way to each other. Shore keeps telling us how they are examining "Huddy" as much as they can but I don't feel like that is true. We have seen Hilson through seven seasons and even House killing off Wilson's girlfriend didn't end their friendship. YET...Huddy and him will apparently be done in the future and the culmination of seven years has led us to doing dishes together and him ditching sex with her for a night on the couch with cheezy tv.

I don't want you to all get me wrong because those of you who know me know that I am a die hard from the word go Huddy. I have never adored a TV couple more than these two, but hearing of their ultinate demise from the years of their creator makes me sick to my stomach. He can't even pretend, he just never really wanted them happy and he won't let them be that way. I think the only reason he got them together was to satisfy what he couldn't control.
@Belle0308 - Huddy and him will apparently be done in the future and the culmination of seven years has led us to doing dishes together and him ditching sex with her for a night on the couch with cheezy tv.

They built this from college years and it culminated heart-wrenching episode after heart wrenching episode of season 6 and finale of 5 and now we get dishes and Housewives.

We go from the edge of vicodin and "friends is the last thing I want us to be" to we have to divide our suffering.
Yes Tammy,...I am a Huddy through and through but what I am seeing is not the Huddy I know and love. It's a really pale comparison. I haven't even seen any real reason why he should be turning from her either. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

@Tammy "We go from the edge of vicodin and "friends is the last thing I want us to be" to we have to divide our suffering."

Yes...good point.
Maybe I am just in a bad mood but I am watching a once brilliant show fall apart with what I consider as half attempt stories.
Look Cuddy's mom - amazing

Taub and Rachel - Heartfelt

POTW - Didn't really care but neither did Chase. i love Masters and he can't stand her. she is the best part of the team right now and she is leaving.

POTW's wife - It is sad when you love someone that is just going to keep disappointing you.

Which brings us to Huddy and loving someone whoo is just going to keep disappointing you. Look why put them together just to pick them apart. Leave them like they were.

Tears stream down your face when you lose something you cannot replace. Lights will guide you home and I will try to fix you
 Look Cuddy's mom - amazing Taub and Rachel - Heartfelt POTW - Didn't really care but neither d
Cuddy: Bravo!! Both of you. You are both so amazing. Is this a pissing contest to see which one treats me the worst. Well guess what it's a tie. Two of the three people that I love the most are tied for treating me the worst. So pat yourself on the back
Mother, I have worked my entire life to get your approval and never gotten it. I could bring home A's and it wasn't good enough because I could have gotten a 100 if I had applied myself. I am a lousy mother because Rachel doesn't eat with a spoon. She doesn't like Mozart, she had rather listen to the chipmunks. She doesn't sit with her legs crossed, or she likes to get a little dirty.
"You tell her sister", House said.
And you my boyfriend. You didn’t want to be here.
Congratulations to both of you. I have never felt more alone. You have managed to take my birthday and make it the worst weekend of my life. Did either of you even get me anything? A cake?
Cuddy got Rachel and she left. They stayed gone until the wee hours of the night.
As she got home Cuddy sat and began rocking Rachel. House came in and sat down at the piano. He began to play and the music seemed to automatically soothe Rachel. The piece was beautiful and Rachel and Cuddy both seemed to be drifting off to sleep.
House got up and took Rachel from Cuddy's arms. He took her to her room and laid her down. He stayed there for a minute to make sure she was asleep.

As he reached the room that Cuddy was in he paused. He pulled her up and he sat down with her in his lap in the rocker. He sang to her. She whispered in his ear and asked him what he was playing. I call it "Cuddy's Serenade." He kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes.

sunny
I've thought of a few positive things. Candance Bergen is supposed to appear later on this year again as well as Cuddy's sister so we will perhaps get a little more in depth with that. Rachel promises to be good next week also. I've tried to put it out of my mind with every interview where Hugh, Lisa, and David have basically told us it's not going to last. Therefore we are going to have to face us that there will be a break up and with next year being the probable last season it would be more "Friends" than "House" to have an on again off again. I'm hoping once the horror goes down it will be the finale and I can recover and come back to watch Season 8. I still believe House has been moving towards a sense of happiness---"I don't want to be in pain" "Why do you want so bad not to be human, House?" and Broken. I hope in the end we will see him find some peace and he will find his way and Cuddy and Rachel will be included in this.
hmmm
*sigh*
When I watched the episode last night I absolutely loved it. Not even exaggerating. But now reading all your comments, it's shedding a different light on it.
I still like it a lot but I get all that you're saying.
I think I've just reached a point where I've stopped hoping for things I know they won't give us (God knows why) and just enjoy what we do have which, when you look at it that way, it still great.

I don't have time to get all debate-y (damn homework) but I have to say my mood has shifted drastically since reading your comments.
It does suck how they are handling this relationship overall and I just can't for the life of me understand why. It's simple, what we want/need is easy to accomplish and seems logical, why are they just giving us this?

I'm not making much sense but my point is that I've stopped hoping for miracles and decided to enjoy what e have, and I really did last night!
@anon - I think that anybody that can should enjoy it. For me if I just starting watching it I would think that is pretty funny, Masters really cares about the patients and everybody else doesn;t seem very moved. I would have thought Taub and Rachel were the main relationship of the show if this were my first season.
Then I would have went back and watched all the history that lead up to this. I would have Joy, Under My Skin, Humpty Dumpty, Top Secret, Social Contract,Known and Unknown, "Help Me" The Choice, "Ignorance is Bliss" etc. and I would have thought what the hell are they doing?
 @anon - I think that anybody that can should enjoy it. For me if I just starting watching it I would
me again. I hate to admit it to myself but the show IS kind of sinking, a lot of you are mentioning it, this isn't the brilliant series we used to watch. I don't know what happened.

I still don't see how or why they would break up but if they go that route I hope they do it in a way that would at least make a bit of sense (not that I think there is such a thing or that the way they are doing this right now shows they COULD do it well)
I think my comments are very bipolar, I just need to shut up and go do my damn essay.

miss you all
@Tammy.
You're absolutely right. I hate disagrreing with all of you, maybe my Huddy passion has just died down during the hiatus and I've lowered my expectations.
IT SUCKS and I'm incredibly frustrated by how this is going downhill and the show isn't what it once was. But I still enjoy most of it and I try to leave it at that
@rrennie - them to stop swooping Hugh's hair straight back on the sides like that ROTFL
wink
@anon---sorry I brought you down---Look, I sent myself some ice-cream and I will be happier soon :)
 @anon---sorry I brought anda down---Look, I sent myself some es krim and I will be happier soon :)
crying
*Comes to the forum to get some happy Huddiness and gets depression and sadness. Sobs*

You girls are REALLY depressing me here! After all this Huddy sadness in season 6, we have them together and you're still sad! Yes we know that Huddy may not last but we need to enjoy it while we can. Dig in wholeheartedly and love every second be with them every second and have fun!

Don't lower your expectations! We have 12 more episodes of this season and and a season 8 confirmed! If we get ourselves down in the dumps over some lacking Huddy scenes we'll never make it down the long haul.

*Sprinkles huddyjoy fullness around on everyones heads*

heart
Ahhh @anon you pretty much summed up all my thoughts with your first post. I really liked the episode because I felt like Huddy had settled into a pretty stable place (although I knew that this would only last for an episode or two), and the dinner scene cracked me up. But all this talk of House going downhill and such totally dispelled that momentary happiness.

To be honest, DS and Lisa talking about how Huddy won't last makes me angry. I mean, how can they make Huddy happen while keeping in mind the supposed fact that it will eventually be destroyed? It frustrates me that they talk of Huddy as if a break up were inevitable.

About the quality of the show deteriorating: I hate to say it, but there has to be a time in every TV show's life that it starts to disappoint its fans. At this point, they'd better step up their game or end it. Although ending the show at Help Me would have been insanely cruel to Huddy fans, @rrennie I see your brother's point: at least then it would have ended with a bang.

I really hope that they can pull themselves together, because I would hate to see House end badly. I don't feel really negatively about this episode, but I agree that it doesn't have what older episodes had.

One positive thing, though, is that I've stopped having such high expectations for each episode. Ever since Now What, I've had a problem with that, since no other episode can ever be as saturated with Huddy as the Season 7 premiere. I guess I've become used to it now.

@HJ I really wish that I could have that kind of positive outlook, but with TPTB saying that Huddy won't last, it's getting difficult to just enjoy it the way it is...I seriously don't see how the show would last for long if Huddy break up, though. For six seasons they had the mounting sexual tension between House and Cuddy, and now we have them in a relationship. In one review of Larger Than Life, the critic wrote something along the lines of "If House and Cuddy ever break up, there will be irreparable damage to both of them". If that's the case, then how the hell would the show continue? House and Cuddy hate each other, and life goes on? That would get old really fast. Even if they become "friends" again, it just wouldn't work. And if it wouldn't work, then the show would end, then and there. And once again, I fail to see how the show could end well if the last episode was filled with hurt and anger over a Huddy break up.

Either way, House and Cuddy breaking up cannot be good at all.

Ah, well I suppose there's no use in worrying too much right now. I just had to get that off my chest.

So, anyone crazily excited about the much-anticipated episode 15, complete with zombie dance routines? If Hugh dances, I think I will cry with happiness.

Oh BTW @mysusp -- Karamel Sutra? Wow, that sounds amazing :D
With the conclusion of "Help Me" and this season's opener, Huddy was moving in the right direction, two steps forward. But since then, Huddy has seemed to be moving in a different direction, 12 steps back. You can agree with me or not, but I thought I would be enjoying Huddy more this season. Maybe my expectations were too high. I don't know. I just thought it would be different.

Imagine finding a really great text at the library, filled with impressionable characters, an amazing storyline and then suddenly finding 150 or so pages ripped out. You'd be left probably feeling low, cheated with the last two remaining chapters in the book because you've invested so much time and energy in those characters and missed all the good stuff, the plot, the important stuff in between. That's how I feel the writers have been handling the Huddy relationship this season.

There has been a lot of discussion and disappointment regarding the lack of physicality between Huddy. I am one of those disappointed ones. Now, I certainly don't expect House and Cuddy to be ripping their clothes off each other in a frenzy every Monday night. But, I do expect a certain level of intimacy. To me, House and Cuddy kind of give off that vibe that Cameron and Chase had before they ended their marriage. Remember, when House asked Cameron, "Can you BE in a room with Chase and NOT BE in a room at Chase?" or something like that. What happened to the umpf? The sizzle? Honeymoon phase? Maybe acting "too comfortable" with one another so early on in the relationship is what bothers me most. I mean they act like a old, married couple. Someone mentioned it here before, the seven-year itch.

I get that House and Cuddy want to separate their work and personal relationships. At work, they have to modify their behavior, control themselves and be professional. That's why we probably don't see much beyond a peck on the cheek or lips while they are at the hospital. However, we've seen them outside of work too and their behavior remains the same.

Although I miss the good ole' days when they would grope each other at home ("Half-Wit), behind glass walls ("Let Them Eat Cake"), and in public parking garages and offices ("Selfish"), I'm not begging to see that. What I want to see is just one passionate kiss, gentle hug. SOMETHING!! I would give anything to see the gentle stroking of arms or clasped hands again.
And if House's fantasies and hallucinations about Cuddy are the only way we'll see them together, then I request he go back on Vicodin!! (Yeah, I'm apparently that desperate.)

Anyway, regarding last night's episode, "Larger Than Life", I can understand House's point of view and why he wanted a night to himself without Cuddy or Wilson. Sometimes you just need some alone time. Especially when you are involved in a relationship, with people at work. House and Cuddy see or are around each other (I'm assuming) from the moment they wake up and head off the work until it's time to go home to bed. There is never a break. It can be emotionally draining.
sunny
Girls, the ambiance of this thread has started to be dark and pessimistic, come on, we can't give up hope!!!!

I understand your points of view, but I don't think the actual Huddy would be a sad result of the writers' fantasy or that the Huddy storyline is sinking. I know it's different from our previous expectations but still there are scenes really fun and merry, and intimate as well. I think we should accept somehow that the writers don't want to show us a continuous passion, although it's really difficult. What I miss is the catharsis in the show. I don't get the exact reasons the writers are doing this for. I don't know if it's conscious or just incidental. I don't know if the writers believe that they are portraying Huddy perfectly. I would say with my words that the actual Huddy is enjoyable, but not cathartic, not outstanding. It's nice and domesticated, but not passionate, dramatic or moving. I feel pleasant while watching it, but don't feel shivering. That's what I miss so much.

But please girls, we are the most faithful and the truest fanbase of the Huddy-love, we have to find reasons, we have to analyze things, but we mustn't let to be led by pessimism.

Girls, the ambiance of this thread has started to be dark and pessimistic, come on, we can't give up
I'm actually busy at the moment and can't really put myself into debating. I'm more a twitter person right now :P short msg...no more than 160 characters and that's it XD But one thing I'm happy about is that....thanks God I'm not the only one around here who feels like last night ep was good but it missed some sparks from the past. I totallt agree with @rrennie and @Belle and each one of you who pointed out that Huddy is great but could be better than this. I have nothing more to add. I really think they are screwing this up on some levels, but I'm not a pessimist. I mean, I'm still enjoying it, but I'm not certainly overjoyed by some choices they are making....

Yeah, House is still fun and interesting but for instance, never mind Huddy for a moment. Think about the POTW...what was the subtext about him? What was the relation between the Huddy storyline and the POTW? Was that explored sufficently or not? I would say it wasn't. Heroism. Does it have sth to do with House current situation? Why? When? In which ways? All these questions remain unanswered.

Remember eps such as Brave Heart or Unfaithful? Just name one of the eps in season 5....those where Huddy eps. So much Huddyness in them, so many issues...so much tension. I agree with @rrennie: I thought the point of putting House into a relationship was showing his growing process. Where? When did that happen in this ep? What was the point of this dinner?

As I said, I liked the ep...but we must be honest, this wasn't surely one of the best so far. I loved Selfish and I loved A Pot in our House. I really think Now What and Small Sacrifices are terrific eps. But I didn't like Unwritten for instance. I don't think we must be scared of reviewing something for what it is. I mean they can't be all terrific but that doesn't mean the show is sinking either. We used to be very critical about season 6, remember? And now I think lots of ep are great. They could have done better and I still don't like Blackhole or Knight Fall or even Lockdown but then the last three eps were so amazing I forgot it all :P

Some kind of stories just left their best part for last ;) Maybe we just need to hang on in there for a little longer, but it's true they kinda forgot how to build up the tention.
 I'm actually busy at the moment and can't really put myself into debating. I'm lebih a twitter person
big smile
Oh and BTW, I forgot. I agree with this review link XD

This line scared the hell out of me :P forgive me ""There's nothing worse than loving someone who will never stop disappointing you"

Oh and another unanswered question...what the hell did House give to Cuddy for her b-day? Come on...let's be serious. How convenient avoiding the issue....
"Maybe we just need to hang on in there for a little longer, but it's true they kinda forgot how to build up the tention."
Must agree with it.
 "Maybe we just need to hang on in there for a little longer, but it's true they kinda forgot how to b
@HuliHookup: I like your 'ripped out pages' analogy of how this is being handled. I find it's an accurate (and polite) way to put it! :P

@tlh: What she said! word for word, I'm behind ya! and this: "I feel pleasant while watching it, but don't feel shivering. That's what I miss so much. " my heart still bounced when I saw the 'sofa scene' as it's being referred to but I'm not shivering with excitement every time they're in the same room like I used to. What happened there? (I still do while watching older eps)

I really wonder how the writers feel in this, do they think this IS the best they can do? the best way to handle Huddy?
No matter what I will keep watching, to quote Bea: "Some kind of stories just left their best part for last ;) Maybe we just need to hang on in there for a little longer, but it's true they kinda forgot how to build up the tention."

lets hope it improves. (but I still liked Monday's ep :P)
@anon-"my heart still bounced when I saw the 'sofa scene' as it's being referred to but I'm not shivering with excitement every time they're in the same room like I used to. What happened there? (I still do while watching older eps)"
Yes dear. And this whole thing is starting to be misterious. I have a strange feeling the writers are afraid of something, maybe of Huddy-haters?I don't know. They are afraid of being really into the relationship. I guess they are trying to avoid "common" and "boring" so hard that they tend to portray this on a strange and unrealistic way.It's a lame thing, because Huddy has a plenty of potential exciting situations, it could represent much positive tension, because Huddy is thrilling by itself.

Maybe desire without being satisfied is more exciting than being satisfied without desire?:)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddycat69 said…
Hi!
Sadness, anger, frustration, wow Huddy doesn't leave anyone indifferent!

I had expected another way to handle with Huddy, maybe I'm too romantic. But why should this relationship be inevitably doomed to failure ? Well, I know, House is a drama, but the storyline could put the "dramatic accent" on the patients like in "Selfish". House still has a pain in his leg, he's still screwed up, he may deserve some part of happiness with Cuddy. Instead of romantic and "happy" Huddy scenes, we have some "cold" behavior at home, with their family or friends and that's weird.

@hulihookup "And if House's fantasies and hallucinations about Cuddy are the only way we'll see them together, then I request he go back on Vicodin!!" So do I! Maybe we'll get something like that in ep 15 with a zombie dance or anything else.

If the writers break the Huddy relationship, I can hardly imagine how the show could continue : with fights between House and Cuddy? with indifference ? I can't imagine that! I hope I'm wrong and they'll find a good issue, and why not let them together ?(I know Lisa and DS let understand the opposite)

So all we have to do is enjoying the next ep on monday!;)
I agree with both of you too, @Anon and @TLH. I don't shiver as I used to, that's for sure. And truth to be told I also feel like they're holding themselves back or sth, although I'm oblivious about the reasons and franlky I don't even want to go there cause whichever they are I don't think they should affect the show and the storyarc. If instead they are just thinking, quoting @Anon that "this IS the best they can do? the best way to handle Huddy?" then IDK what to say cause they are all smart people and I don't understand how they can possibly be thinking this is Huddy at their best.

I was just having a convo on TW about season 5 and my goodness that was so good. We had drama, unexpected twists, great POTWs, amazing clinic duties moment, terrific Huddy interactions without even touching. There was the bickering and there was the tenderness, it was Housian and it was different and still so enjoyable. Hilson at his best....IDK...as I said I still enjoy each ep, but I wish they would have kept the Selfish formula. That worked pretty well for me.

Let's wait and see how it goes though.