Avatar: The Last Airbender KATAANG VS. ZUTARA

volleyblue13 posted on Aug 30, 2009 at 07:12PM
Comment anything you want here. Your thoughts and feelings on this subject, and the one that you ship!! discuss here :)
last edited on Aug 30, 2009 at 07:12PM
save

Avatar: The Last Airbender 71 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-71 of 71

lebih dari setahun yang lalu maribert said…
For all you people who haven't figured it out yet, ZUTARA ISN'T CANON!!!!! Deal with it!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu zanhar1 said…
Ikr Katara and Aang are married!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xDark_Angelx said…
Just because Kataang is officially cannon does not necessarily mean we Zutarians should forget our dreams and thoughts of them being together. Granted, it will never happen in the series. However, I still believe Zutara could have happened.

My main reason is that Katara was the first ever to see a human side of Zuko-in "the Gaang," I mean. In the crystal prisons, at first, she still was furious with him and couldn't stand him. But quicker than I expected, she began to connect with him. Yes, Aang lost a whole tribe and his mentor and friend, Gyatso, but Katara and Zuko still lost their mother (yes, we have no idea what happened to Zuko's mother, but he has still no idea where she is, so...that's the "lost" part for me), and for that, they connected. It wasn't much, but...was it possible that it could have? If Aang wasn't there to stop Katara from trying to heal Zuko's scar, could their newfound, short friendship at the time made their realize that they were meant to be? Obviously, I have no certain answer, but, as a Zutarian, I'd like to say yes. Because Katara was willing to use the Spirit Oasis Water for someone she thought was the enemy, someone she thought was a monster and bad guy. But, always the optimist, she saw something more, and quite quickly, in my mind! She thought he had changed, and was devasted when he attacked her and Aang. And they had a, what, perhaps twenty minute conversation, not even less! That's impressive for two people who thought they hated the other. To me, this happened because a friendship, or possibly more, was willing to occur between these two. This moment in the crystal caves is a legend of Zutara, and quite a big one.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AlphavsOmega said…
You kinda new it was kataang from the first moment Aang woke from the iceberg.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu chenrui19930 said…
smile
I support kataang ,they are a perfect match ,Aang needs Katara and Katara needs him too
lebih dari setahun yang lalu crisy93 said…
Zutara will never happen, has not happened, and is not happening. Kataang is just to cute! Plus, Maiko is just. . . to perfect. :)
firebender1193 commented…
mai is boring lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu avatarfan800 said…
sunny
I did support zutara, but since it was really never a canon (accept for in the little shorts the creaters made) i decided aang and katara are better for each other. But since they are together, and even have 3 kids, i think the kataang fans should just let the zutara fans think what ever they want considering the kataang fans got their way. But i think the zutara fans should be nicer about the kataang.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jeniffer2200 said…
I ship both of them! You can't lie Katara DID have feelings for Zuko in The Crossroads Of Destiny episode! but,Iroh & Aang ruined it! Anyway! Katara had to be with Aang or else there journey would be useless...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu carrieicecream said…
Kataang forever!!!!!!! <3
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
 Kataang forever!!!!!!! <3
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mymomsauce said…
big smile
kk. I'm re-re-reobsessed with Avatar (I go through a lot of animes and phases... blame Korra for the recent wave of my obsession)
It's obvious why Zutara didn't happen. The story is about Aang and his growth as the avatar and an orphaned child while he faces some pretty severe adversity.
It really would have destroyed some major premises in the plot (love and friendship) if Zutara happened. Aang would have lost the heart of his closest friend, and thus a major pillar in his life. I could all erudite on this bitch, but there's just too much evidence that supports Kataang as the only practical couple of the two.

WITH THAT SAID, and disregarding how detrimental Kataang is to the plot, Zutara is the better couple. Katara is like Aang's mom. Yes she is motherly to everyone in the series (including Zuko), she is especially so towards Aang, because that's what he needed most at that time. A mother (and putting all Freudian philosophy aside, son+mother=should not date. ever). Zuko, on the other hand, needed someone he could share his mind with and potentially elevate himself with. Yes, he could share his mind with Mai, but that chick was SUCH A DRAG! Almost everything she does/says is either completely dry or completely displeased. There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL that someone with as many issues as Zuko could benefit from having moody Mai in there life. At all. The differences in Zuko and Katara's personalities makes them compatible because it allows more room for a dynamic relationship. Also, this pair shares enough in common with each other that there is a basis for a great friendship (the backbone for all successful couples ;D).
Also, Kataang is disturbing in how much Aang and Katara are like siblings. Incest is a definite NO in my book.
PS ZUKO IS SO FREAKIN HAAAAAAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!! Zutara would have produced the most beautiful children in the world. (nothing against Tenzin :D)

I really wish that the writers of Avatar would have stuck with the whole opposites attract sorta deal, took Bei Fang out of the friendzone and put her with Aang so that Zutara (the most beautiful couple that never was) could have been. (and the previous parenthetical does include Saka and the Moon too, even though they were magnificent)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu rainbow_goddess said…
I AM TOTALLY ZUTARA!!!!! besides, aang is too childish for katara. katara is all motherely, but aang is always fooling around and playing with animals. besides, they look good together. and one last thing, AVATARS AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE FAMILIES!!!!!!!! they cant have relationships. that was the reason aang ran away.

also, zuko pushed katara away when combustion man shot at them. katara wouldve died. (hint hint) then, zuko saved katara from azula's lightning. and katara was like "ZUKO!!!!!" in a very compassionate way.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu rainbow_goddess said…
and i agree with mymomsauce. zuko and katara r soooo good together. katara's really pretty, and zuko is super hot.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu saintsrow3333 said…
laugh
I like Kataang better because they knew each other longer and they just love each other.
 I like Kataang better because they knew each other longer and they just cinta each other.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DivineLight said…
This is still going on, after all these years? I thought the whole Katara and Aang married and had 3 kids thing would have put a knife in that coffin already. Oh, well. Anyway, I like Kataang because it makes more sense
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Mistery17girl said…
hmmm
They should have put Zuko and Katara together, they are so much bettter together. Kataang is just weird. But Kataang won, there is no way Zutara is happening now. The ship sank. There is no point fighting over it now. I don't know, maybe they will be together in the legend of Korra, but I wouldn't hope so much.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PrettyBender said…
mischievous
How do I say this nicely? I can't! Kataang sucks. Zuko is PERFECT for Katara! Aang is 112! He is waaaaay to old for her! I will NEVER understand Kataangers....
 How do I say this nicely? I can't! Kataang sucks. Zuko is PERFECT for Katara! Aang is 112! He is waaa
lebih dari setahun yang lalu smileyAqua said…
Okay, I've NEVER been a fan of Kataang, I\ve just always thought that Zuko and Katara had more of a spark. Katara is more like Aang's mom. Also, I think Taang would have been better off, along with Zutara. ALSO, Zutara and Taang were supposed to be the origional couples, until the creators changed their minds and went with Maiko and Kataang. THAT is why Korra likes Mako in Legend of Korra, to make up for Zutara. KATAANG WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!! B]

Okay, I've NEVER been a fan of Kataang, I\ve just always thought that Zuko and Katara had lebih of a s
lebih dari setahun yang lalu A_Z_U_L_A said…
Zutara... It just works.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu kataanger819 said…
Kataang for ever!!!
 Kataang for ever!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu daaante6767 said…
heart
idk bout u guys but DEFINITELY Kataang for me, always
·5 bulan yang lalu Falconflight said…
I recently watched the entirety of ATLA for the first time and in The Crossroads of Destiny I realized Zutara might actually be a thing, because I had shipped Kataang the whole time. And as I watched Sozin's Comet, I saw Zutara more and more and began maybekindasorta think it was better, but the Kataang kiss at the end was immaculate and then followed up by all the Kataang in the comics, Zutara is just inferior. I understand that canon ships don't have to be supported (I'm a sucker for Tokka myself), but Kataang is just BETTER. Also, a note on Maiko. It absoluetly is terrible and I don't like it. Zuko deserves better than Mai, just Katara is off-limits for him.
last edited ·5 bulan yang lalu