breaking dawn DO NOT VIEW UNLESS DONE WITH BREAKING DAWN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrsblack_1089 posted on Aug 02, 2008 at 11:23PM
So yeah I'm done...I don't know. It was good...but it just didn't sound like Stephenie rite? did anyone else detect tht? I love the fact that Edward and Bella had a child, but I wish that Jacob wouldve taken Edward up on his offer. I really started to like Leah and I adore Seth now. The weirdest/most awesome thing was that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also burst out crying when he showed up at the wedding. I also luv luv LUV tht stephenie finally wrote from his point of view. I just think that the book sounded too far apart from the other 3. Because in those, Bella sounded like a mature teenager in love but in this one she was a MOTHER!! I really liked it though, cheers to SM!! *

so what did everyone else think?

breaking dawn 44 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JGirl1001 said…
I LOVED IT!!! at first I was upset with the fact that no vampires were suppose to have babies, but like with Bella and the Cullens the little "nudger" grew on me. By the time she was born i was absolutely in love with her and then, in the "fight" scene i almost died...i couldn't believe that they were almost seperated and that Nessie could hold so much compassion.

The wedding was a bit short for me, i at least wanted the vows, but the reception made up for that. The honeymoon was...intresting... I really thought it was sweet that Carlisle bought Esme an island! Then with the tampons!!! gotta love Alice! I also loved how Rose was such a different person, she was so protective.

Okay because this is getting WAY to long...
I'll just point out that TANYA was not a major bitch..and i was so happy. I never saw her as one, only I thought that she would play a bigger role.

lebih dari setahun yang lalu MeganVictoria1 said…
Wow,
I finished the book and I hated it...
I was so upset. I loved the first books and I just thought this one was a disappointment :(

I hated everything from Jacobs perspective and...plainly, I thought it was rather boring.
I dunno. I expected more I guess.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu titanicluver2 said…
I just have to say that i loved it! I mean, come on. No one expected this. Cause at the midnight release party one of the people was like, 'what if there was a way for Bella and Edward to have a baby?' and we all were like 'there is no possible way.' but we were all proved REALLY wrong. lol

I love Nessie though. She sounds sooo adorable! (well obviously if there's even a tiny bit of Edward in her.)

I can never really look at Jacob black the same though, you know? It just won't seem right to go to the movie and see him fighting for her love when really he loves the baby that she will have...

Okay so that's me venting again!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mrsblack_1089 said…
Well I read it through (duh, sry :)) and i liked it and didn't. like meganvictoria1 said, it was kind of disappointing. like it rose and fell in some places. page 29 was HILARIOUS, as was all the blonde jokes and how rosalie made the dog bowl for Jake. i also luv Nessie but I thought there was a little too much drama. I was like "Ok, they're having a baby thts great!" and then I was like 'O..M..G...Jake imprinted on the baby, thts not good..." I thought it was so sweet that they built them their own house!! and Tanya was impressive. I can't believe she made Alice leave though!! tht was depressing. but i was so so so so so so so so so so so so so so glad tht Edward and Jake were friends and I was touched when Edward said, "Jacob, my brother...my son." Jacob's perspective wasn't bad, c'mon! It was so funny how he broke Paul's nose and teased Quil and you can tell he really cares for Nessie which is great. I'm glad he imprinted, but i WAS disappointed when he showed up at the wedding. That's what everyone predicted rite? I thought, seeing that, that SM would make him come later. I liked it tho :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ilurvedward said…
i have to say that book gave me major panic attack and highs at the same time. it was written in a different way than usual, but that just gave it character! i loved the wedding and the honeymoon (squeee) Though i was kinda dissapointed that she totally skipped over the details. ;D jkjk. i thought Renesmee was adorable and cute! but, i hated reading about how edward was going crazy w/ the pain of watching Bella slowly dying......... i was in tears 4 him!!!!
but then when edward changed her and bella was like, the best vampire eva, and they had FUN in their cottage everynite... *SWOON*. i have to say i adored the fact t6hat Bella was even more in love with edward then she was when she was human! that wqas probably the best part for me. their love didn't diminish.... it was just safer for them to go at it w/o worrying about killing the other.

that said i was so worried at the almost fight scene!i held my breath and sobbed alternativley! (spelling i know).
the hug goodbye was so sad.........
BUT IT WAS A HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­
i loved that it ended w/ Bella making EDward read her thoughts of there moments together..... it was so tender and thoughtful ........
THEY WILL B TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this book made me more in love with Edward than ever!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DefineDelicate said…
i loved it, the ending was like...amazing, i love most of it, the only part that bugged me sorta, was the Imprinting part. like..the fact that Renesmee was half vampire should both Jacob but it doesn't. idk. another is, it seemed like i was reading a FF, idk. i loved it, but i was like...is this really the Book? i mean i'm getting everythng i wanted, AND MORE?? is this possible? and the whole Baby thing just totallllyyyy threw me off, like..i was like..WTF Steph LIED!! VAMPIRES CAN HAVE BABIES, just Not Female Vampires! LMAO

i don't know, it was really Good, i was screaming, Laughing, and Crying though all of it. which makes a amazing Book. sooo idk..it was Good!!

The ending again, was amazing! Bella's Power, total Badass, and fits her well.

xoxo
DefineDelicate
lebih dari setahun yang lalu NaleyLiasonFan said…
I did NOT like it. It was way too cliche and unrelatable. For me, Twilight drew me in because of the characters. Bella I could so easly relate to! Ordinary, awkward, clumsy, sarcastic! And now she's 17, married, becoming a sex addict, and now a mother! What?! I so did not expect that, nor did I want that! A demon,hybrid baby? And what really made me mad was the fact that Edward was a complete stranger in this book! She had more Jacob in this book than anyone else! She ruined Rosalie's character, made Alice look like the bad guy, Esme was just a stand in character, and for making such a big deal that Bella knows the vampire secret, they didnt really care much that Charlie pretty much knew!

But two things really ruined the book for me:
the demon baby and the not so happening battle.
Was there really any need to bring a kid into this story? Didn't SM stress for three books that vampires can't produce? They are just made of venom? Yet Edward found a loopole? OKAY! Right. Did she really need to write that to make a story? no!

And I love how she pretty much spent the entire third and fourth book building up this huge fight with the Volturri, and did we get that? Nope! We got one vamp dead, and she wasn't even a bad guy! That was so crap!

I love this series, and I will continue to re-read the three books. But BD will probably stay shut and collect dust in my closet. :/
ha ha :D good points. but i agree with you tht i couldn't relate to bella at ALL this time. i am wat bella is EXACTLY (which is weird cuz i hate her most of the time huh...) plus it was like esme didn't exist. y was alice the bad guy?? plus it was kinda weird cuz jacob built up all this hatred toward the vampires and then he was just very comfortable with them all of a sudden. but i really liked the sentence when he said he imprinted. tht was sweet and a good end to his book :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu musicandmango said…
I loved BD. All the Vampires and drama it was great. I loved the idea that Jake finally Imprinted even if it was with Bella's child. I also like the nickname Nessi. Jacob's book was my fave with the long chapter names and having a book in his point of view was great. I was hopeing for a bigger battle scene, but it was good. Benjamin's power was my fave out of all of them, then Bella's, and Aelc's. Breaking Dawn was my fave out of all the books.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu i_luv_twilight said…
in the beginning i HATED it! i hated the baby cuz, in my opinion, it was like sum demon-child sent to kill bella. i was like 'WTF?!?! how can bella b frickin pregnant?!?!' i like NEVER wanted bella to b turned into a vamp for sum odd reason and wen she finally was, i was like 'frickin crap! now she's a frickin vamp!' but once i read more bout her being a vamp i started to like the new vamp bella.

but and i read more i started to like it better. i LOVED the titles to the chapters in jacob's book! LMAO!!! i really like seth now too. he is like really funny and sweet and i even started to like leah more. until jake imprinted on nessie/renesmee, i was totally expecting leah and jake to hook up! i mean seriously, i m the only one who thot that after reading their thots?! lol

idk bout the rest of you but i loved edward's reaction wen bella tells him she thinks she's pregnent. he just like stood there for like ever! idk y i liked that part but i did!!! lol and i liked it wen edward was going like crazy before bella had renesmee cuz it showed that edward wasnt this 'perfect being' he was built up to b in the first three books. and just so everyone knows i m not a edward hater i just like those parts of BD.

overall i thot it was a very good book, and i m sad to c the series end. but happy to c it end on a good note.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilight91 said…
to be completely honest im torn on this book...i didnt like the stress that lead to no fight, i didnt like as said above that she's 17, married, becoming a sex addict, and now a mother lol and i definately didnt care for the 'and they all lived happily ever after' crap lol somehow it just made it less realistic...saying that tho i do love happy endings

i also gotta say that im defo someon that cud relate to bellas character but it got completely twisted in this book because again as said above she was ordinary, awkward, clumsy, sarcastic but as a vamp that wasnt possible and i didnt like it

loved emmetts jokes about bella n edwards love life lol...found it quite amusin and i also thought jakes blonde jokes were great lol

unforetunately i found that this book didnt live up to my expectations even though it was a good read at some parts others were admittedly predictable which definately didnt add to my enjoyment lol

all things accounted for SM did a good job if im including all 4 books cos the first 3 were amasing and the 4th was ok

LOVE THE SERIES AND ALL THE CHARACTERS IN IT AND HATE TO SEE IT END (but im afraid that if she did carry on it might go downhill and thatss something no one including me wants to see)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xxomfjasperxx said…
well, since i AM a jasper fan, i im g0nna admit i cri3d wen they just left. i was like, ??????????????????????????????????? but i <3 everythin else, escpecially wen bella was a vamp. and i was the most POed person in the whole world wen jacob imprinted on renesmee. i LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV LUV the whole series, and i am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO depressed dat itz gonna end. i heart shes tryin 2 get a contract 4 a 5th and 6th book in the series.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilightluvr321 said…
I totally agree! It was completely different! I didn't like how Bella got pregnant, though. It was good...but it felt like I was reading an entirely different series.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jacoblove88 said…
I think it was amazing and I too wanted Jacob to take Edward up on his offer up until Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. That was amazing...when I read that he had imprinted on her I had to set the book down for a good ten minutes before I could keep reading I was THAT shocked. I think this book ended perfectly with Bella and Edward together and Jacob able to now be just her best friend. And the fact that she can still have Charlie around. It was THE perfect ending.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pruestar91 said…
i loved the book. of course there were bits that shocked me. like bella pregnant etc. i thought bella was really selfish to chose to have her 'demon child' when she saw how much she was hurting edward. i wanted to kill her for that. t everything changed wen she was made a vampire. i thought i would hate bella being a vampire coz it just wouldnt be the same between her and edward. but i was SO SO SO SO glad that she loved him even more. :) i reallt liked bella as a vamp and although i was disapointed that there wasnt a bit battle at the end i really liked the book, but not as much as the other 3. anyway the final thing is although i thought it was werid jacob imprinted on nessie, it began to seem natural in the end and im glad he got his happy ever after aswell. i like jacob alot more in this book than the other 3.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu angel_m said…
I really love this book. The parts you want to scream with joy. The parts where you wanted to cry. There were funny parts that made me want to laugh all day.

I love how SM split Breaking Dawn into 3 books.I understand SM's point about showing Jacobs POV. It would have to be boring to read Bella's pain for more than 2 chapters.

My favorite parts were when Bella and Nessie had their mother-daughter moments like when Bella was telling Nessie that she love her "more than my own life".

And of course the last moments when Bella shows Edward how much she loves him. It took Bella 4 books just to say that.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu leah120492 said…
i loved it!!! couldn't put it down. i think it was the best book of all!!! cant wait 4 the film!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu IHeartEdward195 said…
I loved B.D, it was the best book. I understand what everyone means about the pregnancy, but as someone in the book says, males don't really change after they go through puberty, therefore it is possible. I didn't think it would be though. And since Bella's body could change, it's really only females that change.
I liked Jake's book (2) as it was a change, like angel_m says it was hard to listen to Bella's pain after 2 chapters, never mind a whole book. I loved the jokes, and I didn't mean to, but I offended my friend (blonde)+ sister (also blonde) because i said the jokes to her.
I'm glad Bella didn't let anyone get to her about the baby, as a normal woman wouldn't harm her baby either so, it's maternal instincts I guess.
My favourite part was when the Volturi arrived, cause basically, you knew what was going to happen. I doubt S.M wouldn't let Bella or Edward be killed off.
But when Bells nearly killed Jake, I laughed so much, my mum came to check i wasn't chocking. I shouldn't of, but when you wake up to find your bff in love with your daughter, you're gonna do something.
It had a perfect ending. even though I want another book out, it can't happen. It won't be interesting as we know how Bella's doing, same with everyone else. It would be amazing if she done one in Nessie's perspective. I think that would be so cool!!!!
But I think the book was kinda rushed at the wedding, as it just happens, then BAM! she's pregnant!
I think that was the best book, but if it was longer in some parts (not the pregnancy), it would've been better. Best Book Series Ever Made!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TwilightLover91 said…
I dont think Breaking Dawn should be the last book, there is so much unsolved... there is so much more that can be told, its driven me crazy that its the end of the saga, i know about Midnite Sun and the other books but still... if Stephenie Meyer wants a break im all 4 it 4 her family n stuff, but dont stop the saga, there is much more that she can go on, n she has the fans 4 ideas. I have writen many things that have come 2 my mind 4 a 5th book in the saga, it just makes me depressed thinkin its the end of the story, these other books will help me cope with that but its still there.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu lollirose said…
I just read the book yesterday, and frankly, I'm quite torn after reading it. I was always such a fan of Edward and Bella... But the idea of Jake imprinted with another girl...especially Bella's daughter... was very wrong. After reading the first three books, I was very sure of Jake's love for Bella, and the intensity of his love. He loved her so much he would have done anything for her. As well, despite the fact that she was in love with Edward, Bella did have feelings for Jake as well. Losing this feeling seems a pity to me. I don't know if anyone feels the same way as me, but I was absolutely crushed when Jake didn't love Bella that way anymore--how his feelings for her totally changed. I think the feeling of love is very special, and imprinting... is not really love. Imprinting is like being tied down without a choice. Couldn't Stephanie Meyer just have left Jake alone without imprinting him? After all, imprinting WAS supposed to be rare.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cara09 said…
I am in the mist of reading the book a second time and i like it less and less as time goes on. SM left way to much unexplained and the whole pregnacy thing felt like something torn out of a fanfiction. There was so much build up for a fight and then nothing happend. The happily ever after ending was way to forced, everything just felt fake.

Also, I really did not like Bella as a new born, she was way to perfect. i mean yes, hundreds of pages of blood lust would be boring and she had to be able to meet her daughter, but she had way to much self control and she was just too good at everything.

THere were parts i liked about the book (Jake's Book and The jokes) but all in all it was not what i expected from SM and did not live up to the first three.

Finally i have one question. This may be crude but how on earth could Bella realistically get pregnat? the vampires it would seem had no blood or any other bodily fluids, therefor they can't possibaly impregnate people. It would actually be questionable if it is even phyisically possible for Vampire men to have sex. How, if they have no blood and if their body temperature is so cold, would that work? It all seemed very poorly thought out on SM's part.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu snoznoodle said…
lollirose, really? After reading BD Jake is up there with my favourite characters of all time (I've only read all the books once - I got into it about a month ago) and yes, he is SO in love with Bella and as a result he's in SO much pain. I really don't like Jake being that broken hearted. It's too sad! Imprinting was the best solution for him, and even though what he felt for Bella was so special, he wasn't ever going to end up with her. It was special and completely wasted anyway. It's much healthier for him to love her like a sister... or mother now? Ok that's too weird lol.

I'm a little torn too. There are a lot of holes and things that don't seem right but... there was some fantastic writing too. I'm in love with the Jake book! She has the head of a teenage boy down perfectly! And I actually cried at the wedding when Bella was walking down the aisle. That's probably the first time I've ever cried reading a book... well first time over something happy.
It's not my favourite but I still love it.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Twilighty123 said…
Ok listen, I read the book and i loved it and didnt like part of it. Adn all this crap about "oh, why would SM do this to us" and "why would she dissapoint her fans like this" well shut up whoever says that. this is SM's book not yours. she wrote the first book twilight over a dream and she did it cuz she liked it. not cuz she said "oh im a great auther lets give the fans what they want so i can get more money" thats stupid. she does it for fun and what SHE wants it to be. if u guys dont like it, wll then write ur own book. all in all, itss not in our power to say stuff like "why wood she do this to her fans" cuz this is HER book. not ours.

lebih dari setahun yang lalu divergirl5396 said…
in my opinion this book was amazing. I cried at the fight seen when renesme said i love you mommy to bella. and cheered when alice returned with another half vampire and saved the day. though jacob imprinting the baby was to me obvious.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
yea the best part of the book was:

"Alice come join us!" said Edward.
Alice?
"Alice?" Esme whispered.
"Alice, Alice!" the others cried.
"Alice," Aro breathed

Idk y but tht is my FAVORITE quote in the whole book
plus i am almost done reading breaking dawn for the second time...and....its AMAZING. i mean seriously. in skool we were havin math and im sitting there readin breaking dawn on my lap while 'paying attention' @ the same time...its addicting and impossible to put down. my fave quote is still above but i love the first and second books in breaking dawn the best. so, for everyone who didnt like it their first time through, u might wanna read it again cuz its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is officially nothing standing in my way of worshipping sm now. =)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Bedward4lyf said…
i thought it was absoulty amazing, to the point where i was stalking across my room at 4 am (when i finished it) repeating the phrase "that was freaking amazing" over and over again till i was "unparallized" so to speak then i blogged about it. oh yeah and i got absoutly so sleep that night (:
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twlight_luver99 said…
i didnt rly think it changed to much i mean yeah MOTHER that kinda hit me hard but i still LOVE it!! to me that was BY FAR the best book in the series
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TeamEdward2323 said…
hey guys.. i was reading all of your responses about breaking dawn and i think its really cool what you have to say. i like hearing everyones point of view. I HAVENT read breaking dawn, but i was SO desperate for answers. and it didnt spoil the book.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TypicalSquint said…
i loved the book, but there was way too much jacob in it....i hated that he imprinted on renesmee....it was a little creepy....jacob was just annoying, and kindaof a stupid character.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TwilightLyCora said…
It Def wasnt my favorite. I agree, It's like i cant see Bella as a mother, i still see her as the Luvstruck teenager who falls in luv with a Vampire AND a wereeolf. it just took some getting used to.
Now I LOVE BD!! At first it was kind of like, 'ok. I waited a year for THIS?!' and then I was like 'This is SOOO good!!!' and now I'm like "BOW DOWN TO THE ALMIGHTY STEPHENIE MEYER! GIVE HER A GOLDEN THRONE AND MAKE HER QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE! WE ARE ENSLAVED BY THE SAGA! ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SM!!!!!!!!' something like that.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu BonnieCullen said…
wink
i think SM should write a seiries about nessie .
the book didnt really have alot about her pov. .
lebih dari setahun yang lalu BonnieCullen said…
big smile
although I WORSHIP [not like THAT] the seiries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu alicecullen1 said…
heart
i thought it was passionite and sad novel like when alice and jasper left i cried
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jacob4ever57 said…
tongue
eh well BD was ok my favorite book in the series is New Moon. i just like it a lot but anyways about BD i don't really like the whole bella as a mother thing it just doesn't seem like Bella to have a child! (well to me) and when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee...wow i was like so pissed off! is it just me or was that seriously the worst thing stephenie meyer could've done! i really like BD though and i cried towards the end when bella was going to make jake take renesmee it was so sad!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu rayamana said…
big smile
what's up with not liking Bella being a mother? So she could end up like boring ol' Rosalie? Bella being a mother fulfilled many aspects of the Cullens' idea of a "perfect" family. Hopefully a new saga arises from Jacob and Renesmee's story. Just a little perturbed with Jacob having to go thru all that heartache and then have to wait another seven years to be with Renesmee--with some competition at that (as was noted in breaking dawn)!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu northcarolinian said…
angry
i so agree with Twilightly123 u guys need to quit saying stuff about S.M. how'd you all feel if someone was like that to you? plus Bella COULD have a baby b/c she is NOT a vampire and S.M. said vampy girls couldnt have kids. i think. anyway, i think it was a good book but i wish there had been a fight and i hated the ending. i was like "I know its the last book, but it cant actually end!" i cried, too.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cheerleader343 said…
heart
Actually, before I read this book, I didn't know much about what books I really truly loved. But Breaking Dawn took me one day to read and I could NOT put it down! It was sooooo good! My favorite book of all time is and will always be Breaking Dawn! :-)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu leah_cullen said…
surprise
i duno jacob impirting on rensmee i was like........ i waz so wid bella lol xx
lebih dari setahun yang lalu phaona said…
oké, my thoughts about this book. Not sure, many good things, but also some very strange things happening.
But what I find the most irritating is that I miss a lot endings.
There is so much fore another book. I do not believe that Aro would just suddenly give up on Edward, Alice and most important of all Bella and Nessie.
I mean, he just walks away, hunting for the psycho vampire who is multiplying?????

But besides that, there are o lot of open endings that are able to continue, like nessie and Jacob. I think that we really need to stop looking at this family whit human eyes.
If you look at them with the thought that thay are immortal it is a really a whole lot lesser strange.

But if there will be a new book, from whom's perspective should it be? I have thought mostly of Nessie, and mayby Jacob.
I really hope that SM takes this up, because I'm just so dissatisfied, though I really like the book. reading about the love between Bella en Edward is just ... GOOD:p
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Jakefan666 said…
mischievous
So i just found a leaked script of the new breaking dawn movie!
i decided that i would share it with everyone!

link

Its ok not close to the book at all though.

link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TheChosenRQ said…
heart
I loved the entire book. It was different from the previous 3, where bella stayed quite young, but in the forth one she matured quite abit, obviously because she has Renesme. I love the ending where she lets him read her mind! It was the perfect ending!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Peace_out_kiss said…
i luv breaking dawn i read it like 500 time
i cry everytime when i read the part when bella told renesmee to run with jacob when she said so she wouldn't see here mom get killed