Golden State Warriors We Believe!!!

dave posted on Apr 30, 2007 at 07:04AM
The Warriors are making both Mark Cuban and Charles Barkley look like fools...and I'm loving it. Whiny rich boy Mark Cuban is depressed and Charles Barkley is eating crow. After tonight's amazing win over the Mavericks, it is clear who is in control of this series and it isn't the team with 67 regular season wins. The Warriors own the Mavs and it showed once again tonight. Baron Davis is the MAN. This whole team has so much heart and even when their backs were to the wall to make the playoffs at the end of the regular season, they stuck together, persevered and won a game at a time to put them where they are at today. Going into Dallas with a 3-1 lead against the reigning Western Conference Playoff champs. We believe...
last edited on Apr 30, 2007 at 07:06AM

Golden State Warriors 16 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu SitraAchra said…
Bah - what a disappointment the Mavs have been.

It's about time Barkeley was nice to the Mavs, he's talked so much trash against us over the years. What I hate is the Warriors have nothing to lose. They make it to the next round so what, they'll get eliminated somewhere along the line and it'll still be a successful season. We have fallen and fallen hard. I hope we can stretch this one to 7 games.

You "we believe" nonsense people better hope the Mavs don't find their stride back in Dallas!

Baron Davis IS kicking ridiculous ass though.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu sfdude said…
Haha...of course a Mavs fan is the first person to respond to you dave. As a lifelong Warriors fan from San Francisco, this is an AMAZING time for us. It makes it even sweeter that it's against the Mavs who I have nothing against, but that jerk Cuban who I despise. That guy sold a worthless company for $5.7 billion to Yahoo! that they barely even used (vapor). He is a complete arrogant jerk and was the prime example of someone who got lucky during the bubble. Granted he's worth 2.7 billion in net worth and could care less what I say, I would thoroughly enjoy seeing him cry. As a Mavs fan, I'm sure having a passionate owner like that is great, but to the rest of the world, he just seems like a big baby. Cry baby cry!

The 6-man rotation have all played so darn well. Biedrins making shots and blocks. Matty Barnes hitting the trifectas. Monta doing well for the first three games at least. Stephen Jackson and JRich playing some great ball. But Baron Davis...just WOW. We owe this all to him, not to mention getting Jessica Alba courtside at the game...THANK YOU BARON!

GO WARRIORS!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu tvman said…
I must say I have not watched, or paid attention to Basketball since the Grizzlies left Vancouver, but I am suddenly cheering for the old Philadelphia Warriors. It's great to see an lower seeded team beating a big great team, and if the Bulls could beat the defending champion Miami Heat, than I don't see any reason why the Warriors can't beat the high powered Mavericks.
GOOOOOOOOO WARRIORS!!!
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Well - next game is going to be on crack. I hope the mavs can push a game 7, but if the Warriors win it wasn't by accident.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dave said…
No doubt SitraAchra, the next game is going to be nuts. Tonight's game was a tough one for the Warriors, but they proved once again that they're the real deal by coming back from 21 down to make it a real nail-biter. Dirk definitely pulled it out for them and showed why he was the MVP for once in this series though. Props to him. There's going to some serious seismic activity in the Bay Area on Thursday night when the Oracle Arena is rockin!
God, I'd LOVE to watch that game, this is what playoffs are all about - going down to the wire! Too bad I'm neck deep in finals and will have to gamecast it on espn or something. If only it were on Friday...oh well. I'll save my Mavs cheerleading for a forum that isn't based solely on cheering for the Warriors :-0
Why not go start a thread in the Mavs forum? :) And invite some of your fellow Mavs fans to join you there! And while you're at it, maybe you could use the Mavs logo as your user icon too. ;)
Nah - I like this forum, I want to be the bad guy. Hahaha, too much intelligent discourse going on here, maybe I should start mouthing off ;) Seriously though, is Baron Davis getting an oscar for his performance after Jason Terry half-shoved half-hugged him? I mean, if it was an Italian soccer game, I could understand the theatrics. At least his beard is tough!
Now now Sitra, let's not get carried away. We all know that Jason Terry is a dirty player, lest we bring up his punching Michael Finley last year. The replay clearly shows him doing a little unnecessary headlock action on Baron. And let's be serious, Baron's phantom final foul and several no calls on the refs part saved the Mavs season last night!

BTW, why haven't you joined the Mavs spot to show you're a Mavs fan!? Are you only on Fanpop to harrass the Warriors fans? ;)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
After game 4, I was so furious and wanted to watch South Park on here, and the corner of my eye caught that robot mascot and I just had to peek inside.

I figured you wouldn't mind my hanging around if I'm not too obnoxious. I'll check out the Mavs forum as well.
Naw, it's good to have lively discussion! Just thought you could make your profile more interesting by joining some spots! Like/Dislike the new icon. ;)
Haha the icon is so people can identify me as the bad guy. Three of your favorite people! You know you secretly want a game 7. Ok maybe I want a game 7 and it's certainly not a secret. The warriors made us have the biggest basketball crowd ever last night - Mark Cuban is reaping benefits from more than the .com bubble - he is annoyingly cocky at times though. I have to like him though, he's the hand that feeds here in Texas.
congrats folks, total domination. we did not deserve it. i didn't even get to watch the game, just saw bits on gamecast, but that was more than enough. dirk...BAH. anyways, i will now tender my resignation from this forum and consume the contents under my sink - good luck to the warriors.
Thanks Sitra, very sportsmanlike of you to accept defeat so honorably. It was a good night to be in the Bay Area tonight and watch the Warriors change history. The first 8 seed ever to beat a 1 seed in a 7-game NBA playoff series. The first playoff series win for the Warriors since the 75-76 season. And how sweet it was to watch Mark Cuban pout like the big baby he is and shun the cameras because he was so humiliated. $2.7 billion can buy you a lot of things, but it can't buy you an NBA championship ring. And seeing Charles Barkley wearing that XXXXL "We Believe" t-shirt was priceless! Bring on the Rockets! (sorry Utah, your number is up).
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dan said…
dirk only had 8 points tonight. quite a shame. great game tonight, go warriors! so we just gotta see who's next...rockets or jazz.
Just play like last night and it won't matter who you have next. I have no idea what we're gonna do with our team. Ok enough sulking this is a warriors forum! Dave - I checked out the Mavericks forum and there wasn't anyone posting, so apparently this is the party place. Well done!

I'm such a sucker for playoff hype, I guess I'll root for the Warriors now since we're not rivals. And I love what's shaping up in the East, go Cavs - get em Bron Bron!