glee Dream Cover Song Contest [Round 8: Vote!]

swimchick posted on Jan 16, 2010 at 03:24PM
Hey fellow Gleeks! I just thought of a great game/contest to add to our growing list of entertainment options while we wait out this major hiatus.

How it will work is that each round, there will be a selected character, duet, trio, or just group of people in general. Participants will choose a song they would most like to hear that person or group sing/cover on Glee.

I will give everyone 4-5 days to select a song, and 3-4 days to vote for their favorites. I will create a pick each round so everyone can vote! Each winner will get to select the theme for the following week. As usual, please don't vote for yourself!

Also, if you would like to submit an icon to go with it, that would make my life a lot easier!

WINNERS
Round 1 (Quinn solo) Thinking of You by Katy Perry; bety_7723
Round 2 (Puck and Finn duet) I Want It That Way by The Backstreet Boys; all_the_glitter
Round 3 (Puck and Rachel duet) Use Somebody (acoustic) by Kings of Leon; girly_girl
Round 4 (Artie solo) Down by Jay Sean; swimchick
Round 5 (Quinn and Puck duet) Look After You by The Fray; brittlegirl94
Round 6 (Kurt Solo) Somewhere Over the Rainbow from The Wizard of Oz; all_the_glitter
Round 7 (Artie and Rachel duet) Don't Go Breakin' My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee; ajhalecullen
Round 8 (Rachel and Jesse duet) link

CORRECT PREDICTIONS
(None...yet!)
last edited on Jun 28, 2010 at 04:09AM

glee 129 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 129

lebih dari setahun yang lalu swimchick said…
Paparazzi by Lady Gaga
lebih dari setahun yang lalu iLoveChair said…
Bad Romance by Lady Gaga.

I said I'd like to see Quinn performing this song in my "dream performances" pick..xD
And here's an icon to make your life easier. ;)
 [i]Bad Romance[/i] oleh Lady Gaga. I berkata I'd like to see Quinn performing this song in my "dream perf
I love that Lady Gaga works for Quinn's voice, and I don't think it would for Rachel's.
^^SAME HERE
Someone had in a pick that would love to see Rachel performing Bad Romance, but I certainly think GaGa songs don't work for Rachel's voice.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu spikes_girl said…
link

Honestly I couldn't choose between this and my other favorite Lenka song, link I think both lyrics really work for her :/ So I went randomly, chose Bring Me Down!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu all_the_glitter said…
Fallin' for You by Colbie Caillat

I'm not a huge fan of the song but I think Dianna could make it work.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu LoveLiesAndLust said…
"3" by Britney Spears :')
lebih dari setahun yang lalu gracery said…
Wreck of the Day by Anna Nalick
 Wreck of the hari oleh Anna Nalick
smile
One more day for submissions, maybe we'll have more people next round
lebih dari setahun yang lalu courtney7488 said…
"Womanizer" by Britney Spears

I agree with you all on Lady GaGa, but I think Quinn has the perfect voice to do some awesome Britney Spears covers!
 "Womanizer" oleh Britney Spears I agree with anda all on Lady GaGa, but I think Quinn has the perfect v
She def does!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bety_7723 said…
Thinking of you by Katy Perry I heard it today and it reminded me the love triangle...!
 Thinking of anda oleh Katy Perry I heard it today and it reminded me the cinta triangle...!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Gleek_hottie said…
crying
I want to participate next time I would've this time but I got grounded :(
Hey guys, I'm giving the winner bety until my tomorrow morning (I'm going to get ready for bed in a little bit here) to pick the next theme, otherwise I'm just putting one up. So get ready to start dreaming for Round 2!
New theme is up, I wrote her some messages, but nothing. I've picked a new theme to keep things moving. So everyone can start submitting song ideas for round 2!! 4-5 days to submit!

Beat It by Michael Jackson
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Annaoth said…
Bon Jovi - We weren´t born to follow
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Shandiii said…
Helter Skelter - The Beatles
Maybe if they both sang it to Quinn or Rachel or someone, not to each other. lol.

I wanted to participate last round, but this game is harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much? lol.
link

This was really hard! I had a lot of runner-ups.
 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aDstrDMf0]Short rok / Long jaket - Cake[/url] This was real
lebih dari setahun yang lalu gracery said…
Ain't Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations
haha ;D

Ain't Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations haha ;D
mmm sorry for not answerin' but I have a very important exam so I'm not usin' my computer too much....!
This is soo hard....how they're gonna sing a song together after Puck stole his girl...! well he didn't stole her...but u know what I mean..!

Good Charlotte - Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
 mmm sorry for not answerin' but I have a very important exam so I'm not usin' my computer too much..
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ajhalecullen said…
Queen- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
 Queen- Crazy Little Thing Called cinta
That's okay bety! I hope your exam goes well and I'm glad you're still playing!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu girly_girl said…
jet- link

jet- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAxUIjJrFKQ] "Are anda gonna be my girl?" [/url]
I Want It That Way - The Backstreet Boys

I would honestly die of laughter. Plus, you know they could pull off the boy-band dance moves. :)
 I Want It That Way - The Backstreet Boys I would honestly die of laughter. Plus, anda know they could
Jesse's girl by Rick SpringFeild
lebih dari setahun yang lalu courtney7488 said…
"What Goes Around" by Justin Timberlake

They could both sing it to Quinn, but I think it would be funny and even somewhat fitting if they sang it to each other.
 "What Goes Around" oleh Justin Timberlake They could both sing it to Quinn, but I think it would be fu
Aww, a lot of the songs I had in mind were taken. Oh well.
link
OH! And just an idea/suggestion (you don't have to do it): maybe put the name of the song and artist next to the winner so people won't have to go to the pick to look?
Okay this round is closed for submissions, be sure to go and vote!! As usual I just found random icons for people who didn't submit one with their song choice. Firefox completely crashed while I tried to make the pick the first time, so sorry if it was all a little rushed!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu kellyclarkson12 said…
Puck and Finn Duet-Crush by David Archuleta ;) ;)
heart
^Thanks for the suggestion, the pick's already up though.

Everyone, I just wanted to let you know that as of Friday I'll be out of town for 2 weeks, so this game will be on temporary hiatus. I'll leave up the next theme before I go hopefully, but I won't get to create the pick until later I think. But who knows, I won't have a computer with me but perhaps I'll find some internet...
I'M BACK! Actually I'm really sad vacation's over, but I finally have a chance to put up the next theme provided by last round's lovely winner! Fanpop or my computer (I don't know which) is being lame and not uploading images, so it'll have to wait. Rachel and Puck duet everyone, submit your ideas!!
Yay for Puckleberry love-spreading! :D Umm, I'll have to get back to you on this. I need to think up something amazing.
wink
It Ain't Me Babe by Bob Dylan (Johnny Cash and June Carter style)

Of course in my fantasy they'd be directing the song at Quinn and Finn, but ya never know!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu brittlegirl94 said…
Mkay, my choice is link (Fall Out Boy Acoustic Version) Slowed Down it would be really beautiful to hear them sing. <3

This is more of a Quick song for me but it fits PR nicely.
I might change mine before the pick is made, if that's allowed. :)
 Mkay, my choice is [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOc71bXg_w&feature=related]Love Will Tear Us
^Sure as long as you point out which one you'd for sure like to keep!
wo0ow yeah u came back....I missed u so bad..!

mmmm

this is hard.....

I know...!!!

Starstrukk-3oh!3 ft. Katy Perry...!

wo0ow yeah u came back....I missed u so bad..! mmmm this is hard..... I know...!!!
link

They did so in my fanfic :P
Oh, and obviously they would take out the "bad" words, or replace them like in Lily Allen's Smile. :)
 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0hlbWpa1w]Fairytale of New York oleh The Pogues feat. Kristy MacC
Easy. You Don't Bring Me Flowers. Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand. :)
 Easy. anda Don't Bring Me Flowers. Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand. :)
An Acoustic Cover of the link

with Rachel singing the main vocals and Puck on the guitar and harmonising! I love the slow version of this song so much and it would be great for both their voices!
 An Acoustic Cover of the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5o8L-Or0O4] Kings of Leon: Use Somebod
Hmmmm....... Almost lover by a fine frenzy!
 Hmmmm....... Almost lover oleh a fine frenzy!
big smile
Congrats to Rachel (girly_girl) for winning round 3. The pick technically doesn't end for another 12 hours or something, but she's far ahead, so it's as good as won. For the next theme she has chosen Artie solo!! (My favorite kind!!!!!!) So get your picks in, you have 3-4 days, depending on how the submissions go.
All right, so I've already suggested this song in one of my old picks, but I'm hoping no one will mind if I use it again for this pick:

Down by Jay-Sean

I promise if I win, I'll let whoever comes in second select the next theme. Sound fair?
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
 Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
Emma, I love Down by Jay Sean. Artie would rock it! xD
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Team_Brooke said…
cool
Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5
I can't believe I won the last round!!
And Thanks Emma!

I think link would be perfect for Artie!
 I can't believe I won the last round!! And Thanks Emma! I think [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Annaoth said…
The Beatles - Yesterday
 The Beatles - Yesterday
sunny
Move along- The all american rejects..!
 pindah along- The all american rejects..!
smile
Okay this might be totally random, but after I won the last round, I decided to make a Rachel and Puck fanvid with 'Use Somebody'!
Heres the linkif you want to check it out!