doctor who River Song: Theories

musicfanaticXD posted on Aug 18, 2010 at 09:31AM
So I know that there's been quite a bit of discussion about the identity of River Song, and there are many theories surrounding her. I thought it may be helpful to put them all in one place: here you can post your theory and what you think proves it.

Feel free to also post which theories you think cannot be possible and why.

doctor who 12 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu musicfanaticXD said…
So here is mine...

Theory: River Song is The Doctor's wife

Reasoning: This was suggested in Forest of the dead when Proper Dave said that River and The Doctor where "squabbling like an old married couple."
The Doctor also said that there is only one circumstance when he would have told her his name - he could have been referring to wedding vows.
And in The Big Bang The Doctor says "River, I could bloody kiss you" and she replies with "Maybe when you're older" suggesting that they had some sort of romantic relationship.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu scarxtardis said…
Doctors Wife? Nahhh...
I think she's either a future doctor (woman doctor)or the Doctor's murderess "I killed a man. Best man I've ever known."
Well, that's the whole point of this post - to explore every possibility.
I love fanpop so much ^^
The thing I have about River is that her morals are slightly different to that of The Doctors, so I have trouble picturing her as a future incarnation. I mean, The Doctor has always hated guns, never threatened anyone and always gave them a chance. River seems so different...

Oh, and I'm positive that isn't her real name. I mean, River Song? That's like me saying my name is Island Bliss.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu han-han said…
I like the future doctor theory...when she said "I killed a man. Best man I've ever known." she could have referred to regenerating (the doctor said in The End of Time part 1 that regenerating was like dying). However, the Doctor can't cross back onto his own time line unless Stephan Moffat creates yet another plot twist.

Another theory of mine is that River is regeneration of Jenny (The Docter's Daughter, season 4 episode 6). The fake name theory fits quite well with this, but this theory is probably incorrect as there does seem to be a romantic aspect there so...ew.

I do think that maybe she is the Doctor's wife and by "kill(ing)" him she was maybe taking away from his free spirit, literally killing him, or killing Amy.

So, What do you think?
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu huddygirl2 said…
I'm to think she is the Doctor's wife I also think she may have killed the Doctor but she had to and it hurt her then of cause the Doctor comes back.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ellie_bellie135 said…
surprise
Oooooooo!!! Who wants to know the Doctor's surname!!!!????
ME! shoot!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ellie_bellie135 said…
Well a theory (not my own, I saw it in a youtube movie) is that the Doctor last name is Song. Because
1. He IS married to River Song, so she would have taken his last name. But what if she didn't. Well...
2. The Ood are always carrying on about songs when they're around him and they're highly telepathic. Also when they invited him to join their song he said they had a SONG of his own.
Ooooo!!!!

link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu han-han said…
Oh. My. God. I love that theory ^ ...

I know the theory that Jenny is River has no supporters but in "The Pandorica Opens" River kisses the gaurd to get out of jail, which is what Jenny did in "The Doctor's Daughter". God I hate the writers...planting all these false leads D:<
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mdedrick said…
She obviously didn't kill the doctor, because in "the silence in the library" she died and she had said that she spent her last night with the doctor! Obviously. Jeez, start refering to other seasons please.