doctor who natal Special 2009 Two Parter (Spoilers and Theories)

Rock_Smurf_77 posted on Apr 13, 2009 at 07:09PM
Now we all know that the two part Christmas special will be David Tennants last two episodes and his subsequent regeneration into Matt Smith's Eleventh doctor. But what else is in store?

From interviews and other news sites it has already been confirmed that Bernard Cribbings (wilf) will be back as the doctors companion for the episode. Also there is hints to more companions appearing and sharing the tardis. I doubt Rose will be back. Her story is finished. But I think it is possible for Mickey, Martha and Jack to be back. Maybe even Donna seing as her grandad is the companion.

However there has also been hints in a couple of episodes as well. Firstly we have "Your song must end soon" said by firstly the Ood anf secondly the woman in Planet of the Dead. This may be a referance to the doctors iminent regeneration which would seem very likely. But however I am not too sure. I think that it may be something else as it is not a mystery that the tenth doctor is too regenerate and so what would be the point of trying to build something up that everyone already knows. Secondly the Ood said this phrase before David Tennat knew he was going to leave didn't they? But I think that everyone will assume that it means the regeneration until BAM!!! it means something totally different.

Also at the end of the planet of the dead the woman gave us some more insights. We had the two phrases: "It is returning from the darkness" and "He will knock four times". Now my first thought about this is that it will ultimately be The Master. I beliee this because of a few things. Firstly throughout the whole 4th series we were repeatedly shown clips of the doctors hand and also Donna's ring. Now the hand played a vital part in the Master episodes as he used it to age the doctor. The ring however could be a referance to the masters ring which was picked up at the end of "Last of the timelords". It could even be the real thing. Also "He will knock four times" is a massive hint towards The Master as his beat in "The Sound of Drums" was four beats which was knocked on the table. These beats where also heard recently when the subwave entwork was opened in "The Stolen Earth" which I am sure used the same four beats. "It is returning through the darkness" could be a referral to Donna's memory. She has the Master's ring maybe and so as they try to stop the Master her memory returns through the darkness. This is why I think it may be the master.

Then again they may be referances for other things instead. it may be the Midnight Entity from season 4 episode 10. As this knocked four times when responding to the doctor and also Midnight links in from the Darkness. What else could it be? The darkness - Davros? The song - The Ood?

What are your thoughts, who will be there to aid the doctor? Who will he be fighting against? WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Please write your theories here and discuss what you think will happen!

doctor who 39 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu phix said…
I thought exactly the same thing about the master! I doubt it'll be the thing from midnight. I think when the ood said your song must end soon, they were talking about 'the-doctor-donna' rather than just the doctor, i think its just a phrase thats stuck. I dont reckon dovros is dead, you dont actually see him die, and they have to bring back the daleks at some point, but i dont think its davros this time.
Isnt 'its coming out of the darkness' used quite a lot?
Wilf is the companion for the last two episodes I think, so thatll be interesting!
So I reckon its the master, cant wait to see what happens though!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Barneysmeg said…
I think we know that the master will be back, that much is obvious, everyone seems to be coming back for these last two episodes, donna, wilf, jack, sarah, luke, the master, the ood have been sighted and so has rose. Its very exciting.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
I REALLY hope Freema is sighted, i just think it will be unfair if everybody else returns & Martha doesn't!
Ive seen Donna in a wedding dress....so who knows whats going on!
I believe the Master will kill 10, it would be very fitting i think! :D
Argh soooo excited!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MehMeh said…
Well, i think all the companions are coming back and it will be the Master. I was sure that Mickey was going to join Torchwood and i've seen some pictures of Rose. If Rose is coming back then we may end up with two doctors again, it could even be Matt Smith and David Tennant.
Also i was thinking about the doctors daughter, she has to be coming back soon and maybe Professer Riversong but i doubt it.
The newest Christmas special "The Waters of Mars" could mean something else if you look at it carefully,what about "The Wars of the Master".
Also Donna does not have to remeber the doctor to be around him,i was also told that Donna gets married so the doctor might just go to her wedding as John Smith.
Also John Simm has been sighted on set of Doctor who, he was outside Sarah Janes house.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jamie94 said…
ive heard a rumour saying its the grim repaer but i dont think it will be i think its defenitly the master coz people have seen him on set and stuff and carnt wait for it as donnas returning
lebih dari setahun yang lalu kezleberri said…
for the christmas episode i think possibly that jenny(the doctors daughter) will be back.you see when she left in the end of that episode, she went to discover the universe...like say maybe... mars!!! haha i hope so, i really cant wait!

and like that person said-"The Waters of Mars", maybe-"the masters war" or something, so im sure he will be back probably in the christmas special or something.he will still be played by John Simm according to link

and the hand thing. well it could possibly be about the "hand of omega" as Timothy Dalton is speculated to be the omega. and dalton should be a baddie so even though omega is supposed to be good he could have turned bad......

the ring- donna's getting married, probably 1 jan. (last episode of season 4) and then "returning from the darkness" is probably where tennant regenerates into matt smith, and then he go's to the wedding...... im not sure

Billie Piper, Freeman Agyeman and Catherine Tate are all supposed to come back for the last episode- so maybe the doc needs there help again (=

so can anyone back me up with my theory?!
or maybe dalton, is more likely to be rassilon link
oooh this is going to be good! i have one more idea. so anyway- the doctor isnt the last time lord- there is him, the master, his daughter jenny, and donna. they all have time lord blood, so thats why he needs them to help get the bad guy... maybe the master will become good. after all, remember the doctor crying because he "died"...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Alicelover92 said…
*CONFIRMED SPOILERS ALERT* Its been confirmed via the doctor who website (www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho) on the news section that the Master is back, along with OOD Sigma, Wilf,Donna,Jack,and Lucy Saxon and Sylvia and that the title of the Christmas Specials is The End Of Time. and also The Water Of Mars will be on In November in the UK NOT Christmas as in the UK the last two Tennant will be on Chrisstmas Day Probably and New Years Day. Thank you
lebih dari setahun yang lalu gotaproblem said…
big smile
thank you, i reckon jenny, doctors daughter is deffo gonna come back!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu knight_princess said…
hmmm
As well as Donna Noble's Ring. Miss Hartigan's necklace (Xmas Ep: The Next Doctor) was very much like Donna's ring. The darkness could also refer to the stars going out, or stuff coming back from the dark ages, like the stuff that Donna had inside her when she ended up on the TARDIS.

Series Five has finished filimg, and I don't think David Tennant is appearing in Series Five, neither is Jack, or Donna, or Rose.
I reckon the whole Rose era has finished. Billie Piper is now in people's beds. (Secret Diary of a Call Girl)

There is also the NEW COMPANION affair. Oh yes.
THE NEW COMPANION AFFAIR.
From link said:
“Fan speculation has generated doubt as to whether or not Amy Pond is the character's real name. Alex Kingston, who played River Song has been confirmed to be a guest star in series 5, but the name of her character has not been announced. This has fans believing Amy Pond may actually be a young River Song and Alex Kingston plays her mother.
Prior to the announcement, there were fan rumours that the next companion may be a Time Lady.”

They also said about Jenny:
"It was Steven Moffat who suggested that Jenny be brought back to life at the end of the episode. There are rumours that Moffat has expressed interest in Jenny either returning to Doctor Who, a current running spin-off or having her own spin-off series. Georgia Moffett has also expressed interest in the character returning. However, if she does return for the fifth season to play opposite the Eleventh Doctor, played by Matt Smith, this would mean that Georgia Moffett would be only two years younger than the man playing her father. Karen Gillan has been announced as the first companion in Matt Smith's era but this does not rule her out of being a later companion."
There has been lots of talk of who will be the new companion to the Doctor in series five, many people are wanting Jenny to fill the role. The Sun newspaper have published that she will be in one of the 2009 specials, although they are rarely accurate in providing details for upcoming seasons.”

They also said about Wilfred Mott:
"Wilfred Mott will play as a companion at one point prior to his regeneration (DW: The End of Time)"

Now we know the NAME of the last episode. I love investigating!

Also, that Steven Moffat is taking over from Russell T. Davies! Apparently he is going to make Dr Who more classier, and bring back heaps of stuff from the originals!
This could mean The Rani, or even Susan Foreman? Maybe even The Valeyard and The Timewyrm.

The weird thing is about what we have all said, my friends have said, people on other sites have said.....
ARE ALL CONNECTED VERY CLOSELY.

Everything is connected and fits together like a puzzle. now all we need is picture....

We’ll just have to wait and see…
lebih dari setahun yang lalu knight_princess said…
Apparently the Timewrym might be returing at some wedding in 2010...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu boabafetish said…
wat iv learned bout the 2 parter is that the majority of it is goin 2 b made up of flashbacks therefore anyone can come back
rose returns wen tennants dr trys 2 visit her b4 he dies/regenerates but ends up goin back further than hed like as the rose he meets hes never met b4
martha and mickey tie the knot as do rose and the second dr
as for who kills him its rumored 2 be ood sigma
another way for bringin back donna is that wen the doc regenerates he may lose his memories an wilf knows that donna has all the docs memories locked away
comin out of the darkness is more of a phrase that follows jack at the minute obviously cant be the death of jack as we kno he becomes the face of bo, but how does that hapen?
wev seen the master die and regenerate more than 12 times now over the course of all the dr who series i dnt think he is suddenly goin 2 become a gud timelord
and the docs daughter episode was just a mistake in my oppinion and will end up a spin off on cbbc
laugh
i hope matt smith only lasts one season he just dsnt seem dr material

they should have the doc regenerate in2 a female which could be fun for someone like jennifer saunders 2 play but thats just me lol
lebih dari setahun yang lalu trebor1978 said…
it has been rumored that The Master and the Doctor regenerate together, I do not know how true that is.

I don't think that the 4 knocks is the master because wouldn't he drum it out instead of just 4 knocks and it is a little too obvious that everyone would think of that, also on the commentary tennant apparently said its not what we would think and something is also said that once we figure it out we shall find it heart breaking.. once again I do not know if this is true I have been searching for some concrete references on both and found nothing.

I noticed something in some of the episodes that I think could be relevent to the doctors final moments... In series 1 in empty child there is a couple of interesting scenes.. first the dr constantine who refused to give up until he changed him and the other is in the "doctors dance" when the doctor is over joyed that "everybody lives" the same thing was said by river song at the end of forest of the dead. Also she said after she was saved in to the main computer "he just can't do it, that man...that impossible man..he just can't give in"

I think that his life will end with him trying to save everyone else something heroic. In the last episode of series 4 davros triggers his memories of all those who had died saving him, acusing him of using them as weapons.

I have other thoughts on other things but have nothing to really base them on, but possibley donna is in trouble after memories start coming back and starts to burn out, the doctor might try and use the camelian arc on her to take away the doctor in her. It is unlikely but i have had no many theorys running through my head.

RTD has said in an interview that because the end of series 4 had all the companions together that they wont be in the final specials that donna noble will be because she is an important part and wilf will be the centre of everything but not sarah jane, martha or rose.

How much is true though, I do not know, Can't keep up with all the different "insider" stories, they change constantly.

Oh RTD confirmed that Lucy saxon dies and that she wasn't the person who picked up the ring, he said he believes the hand is much older

anyone got any thoughts on how the master comes back with out regenerating?? I noticed that in "the unicorn and the wasp" when they put the music on just after opening credits its the masters drumming beat, I dont know what it means.. could be nothing... but then it could be a clue
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
the master has also come back via possesion in the paul magann movie in the mid ninties
lebih dari setahun yang lalu supergangspy said…
there is something that not mnay people have thought of. In ' The Libary' (i dont knoew if thats the episodes name) That woman says she is form the doctors future. and she knows ....something about him that made him trust her. (real name maybe?) In order for this to occur they must meet before he regenerates into the 11th doctor, otherwise the BBC are going against themsleves. I think the master willl return and if this is 'The end of time' as the episode says, maybe it is because the doctors name is revealed????
they keep saying it is hidden in the stars etc so maybe this could occur? and what of donna? if she returns she will know everything and will not want to leave again.rose wil most probably go back because of the 2nd 10th doctor (if he survives that is)
or maybe the doctor could sacrifice a regenertaion to save the other doctor for rose??? we know he can control the energy right?
it would be good if mickey stays as a sort of back-up companion like martha. anyway i heard mickey and martha might be getting married which cant happen because she is engaged already! anyway torch wood is finished remember, so maybe jack come back as a companion? you know like before. a second one.also i just found out the tardis interior is getting a makeover (it was on the news) blue peter is doing a competition. and now the ring....well it is not reallly confirmed but by the look of the ring it is timelord technology (matches the taris)maybe the master steals a regenertaion off of the doctor? i dont know ill do more research
I love doctor who, there is endess possibilities its great lol!

another theory... It is probabley wayyy to out there
When Dalek caan went through the time lock to save davros he could have altered time, he changed history by doing so. What if it changed everything? apparently the first part of the speacial everyone on earth is having nightmares about that year that never was after the doctor reversed time? it might have altered something which allowed more timelords to exist. I am not sure if Donna really has much to do with the speacials other than make it more diffcult for the doctor. It has been said else where that Donna is marrying someone whom is connected to lucy saxon and the master and the doctor is worried that the book thats been released from when he was john smith will cause Donna to remember and burn up.

BUT at the same time I don't know.. The fortune teller asked donna who she was and what was she and then asked what will she be. I took that as Donna was already powerful and strong and would become something greater. The fortune teller was spooked by it. Everyone is talking about the ring on Donna nobles hand, I don't think it has anything to do with anything but at the same time I won't dismiss it, I have noticed the ring switches hands now and again and at the beginning of the series I didn't notice it on her hand at all. Also this...

Lucius: Is that so, man from Gallifrey?

The Doctor: What?

Lucius: Strangest of images. Your home is lost in fire is it not?

Donna: Doctor what are they doing?

Lucius: And you, daughter of... London...

Donna: How does he know that?

Lucius: This is the gift of Pompeii. Every single Oracle tells the truth.

Donna: That's impossible.

Lucius: Doctor, she is returning.

The Doctor: Who is? Who's she?

Lucius: And you, daughter of London, there is something on your back.

Donna: What's happening?

Evelina: Even the name Doctor is false, your real name is hidden, it burns in the stars, in the cascade of Medusa herself. You are a Lord sir. A Lord of Time.

Lucius Pauses before saying London like it could possibley be masking another place, he had no problems saying Gailifrey even though it was not a name of somewhere on earth.

Also Evelina says

Evilina: Doctor, that's your name.

She says this as a fact. "Your name is doctor" type way but then

The Doctor: How did you know that?

Evilina: (to Donna) And you, you call yourself a Noble.

"you call your self a noble" like she isn't really Donna Noble but more that Donna has chosen to call her self Donna noble rather than her real name. the context is different when she refers to them both.

and

Evelina: Even the name Doctor is false, your real name is hidden, it burns in the stars, in the cascade of Medusa herself. You are a Lord sir. A Lord of Time.

that could be refering to the time lords itself and that Gailifrey is locked into the medusa cascade in a small time pocket to keeping it out of time which would explain lucius saying "lost" not destroyed. Twice in this series the doctor has refered to time pockets once when bent over the nobles blue car looking at the atmos and then in the finale 2 parter.

I think these could be linked not 100% mind you.

I think though that it has to be something that is not obvious in any stretch of the imagination so I'm trying to keep away from the obvious things everyone is saying, I really don't think they are going to make it that easy to work out lol

as for the blue peter - new console, it says that the winner will have their creation shown in 1 episode.

I am not sure if the Doctors name will be revealed it is apart of the mystery that is around the doctor since the show first started in 1963. However something Rose said in "turn left"

"ROSE:Crossed too many different realities. Trust me, the wrong word in the wrong place can change an entire causal nexus."

there is the possibility someone says his name and it changes everything.

like I said so many possibilities :P
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DrWhousefrau75 said…
wink
I am definately having to express my individual theories here as to what will happen during the final couple David T. eps........I am going to be giving my predictions, a few of which i have not seen ANYONE even consider , so i could either be really right or crazy hahahah,......but also a few ideas that i have seen bounced around from a few sources, that i really really like!!

Firstly, as far as the prediction that Carmen the apparent "psychic" made in "Planet of the Dead" ......now, i wanna mention a theory ive seen on a few different sites.....that Carmen is the same person as the "hostess" during the "Midnight" episode.....well, it is very interesting that the Dr. does make a special mention that "we didnt even get to know her name"......yeah, so she sacrificed herself and Sky for the remaining crewmembers on board the ship, but why would the Dr. care necessarily about her name?

Now......as far as the first part.... "You be careful, because your song is ending, sir. It is returning, it is returning through the dark....." Hmmmmm, First of all.....i dont know why anyone who is a psychic would warn someone to be careful......

Let me explain it this way.....if you suddenly became psychic, and you knew the exact day/moment and cause of your neighbor Mr. Johnson's death.....would you A. tell him when it would happen and how , or B. Just tell him that its happening soon or C. Tell him its happening soon and to be careful? C. seems to be what Carmen did and i dont get it......I mean, be careful???

You DONT tell someone "listen Mr. Johnson, i know your gonna die soon, so be careful.." If she KNOWS his song is ending (dying or regenerating.....she probably just thinks he is gonna die) then why be careful??? Why not go out in a bang???? That line REALLY irks me, but not sure why?? HAHAHAH

Secondly, the next part..... "It is returning,.....it is returning through the dark...." Hmmmmm......many people have assumed the pronoun "IT" definately refers to Gallifrey ......well, thats not at ALL the first thing i thought of .....probably because even though most of the new series , esepcially the final 2 seasons have focused on the good Dr's former planet, but instantly , when i heard "IT " was returning through the "dark" clicked in my UBER-Dr FAN brain......Darkness.....darkness.....darkn­ess­...­..w­hy did i instantly click on the episode "Midnight" then want to go even further back through the years to the original series???? And how would a creature that (Midnight) was never seen or properly identified ......be linked to "darkness"???

Well think about this one!!! Wouldnt it be interesting if the whole "MASTER" angle of the whole final two episodes (basically thought of because of the "knock four times" thing ((SEE LATER)) was a lie/ a fallisy??? Russell T. Davies was quoted as saying "When asked about Simm's (The Master)latest appearance, Davies said:

It's not quite as easy to guess what's happening as you think - there's nightmare sequences, and layers of fantasy, because the Doctor's coming to the end of his time. It's quite interesting to watch things being filmed, and think: 'Oh, I can see what that would look like..

There is ONLY one creature in the WHOLE of the WHOVERSE that I can remember having powers like that......making things very dark , and shadowy....and having those kind of nightmares and fantasy.....and also.....another clue.....during the "End of Time" preview, the first few words say "
"It is said that in the final days of planet Earth, everyone had a bad dream."......Well, we know that (FROM NUMEROUS episodes, ) the Earth is NOT in its final days during the time period that Rose and Donna Noble inhabit it........its not for many millions of years later......so why would that phrase speak of MANY people having nightmares???? The ORIGINAL nightmare creature has "returned" through the dark!!! .......Ladies and Gentlemen.....

The Mara!!! From the "Kinda" and "Snakedance" Episodes which i believe both featured the 5th doctor Peter Davison......Isnt it also interesting coincidence that his daughter plays the 10th doctor's "daughter" Jenny???? Hmmmmmm......now, what do we know about the Mara?

"It is a being of pure hatred, anger and greed, and requires the fear of its victims to survive. It exists in the minds of its victims and can transmit itself telepathically, although it can also physically manifest as a giant snake. It is so evil that it cannot bear the sight of its own reflection. In the Dark Places of the Inside, it manifests as phantoms .....(Wikipedia is AMAZING!) hahahah

Transmit itself telepathically??? DOESNT THAT SOUND STRANGELY "MIDNIGHT"-like??? Hmmmmm......and I believe that the aforementioned "midnight/mara " knocked FOUR TIMES!!! Well.....that was just a plain on "Screw you doctor!!" It was playing with him!!! because we already knew that the Dr. knew that his "greatest " enemy (The Master ) had been drumming 4 knocks!!!

I think that most of the episodes will deal with the Master being back, but i think that the twist will be that he ISNT!!! (As far as many people thinking that he is still alive in the ring......AND that Donna Noble's ring is the same ring .....) Well, either are possible i guess, even though when you pause those images and watch and re-watch as i have done NUMEROUS times, the two rings are entirely different (setting/jewel and all) sorry to say it folks!! It MAY be somehow the same ring, but if it is , thats probably a prop dept. mistake! However, it would be VERY interesting (and my ALSO new theory) if BOTH rings held beings inside them......The Master's ring (Obviously holding the Master's spirit/essence) but wouldnt it be AWESOME if Donna's ring held someone else inside it that could either HELP or take over Donna (DONT GET ME WRONG, I LOVE DONNA NOBLE as a companion.....) but what if (as some have theorized ) she was really Romana???

Now THAT would be a dramatic moment......I will post more later if i think about it more, but those would be my first theories......

Bangers and Mash ALL :-)

Brian (DrWhousefrau)
wink
It is an interesting theory and to be honest an extremely fresh one, it's not seeing a completely different theory for one :D I agree Donna's ring and the masters are totally different. I don't think it really has anything extraordinary about it but at the same time I'm keeping a side note of it.

I watched a bit of midnight today and I thought the woman looked like Carmen. It could possibly be the "it" that is coming, however i think the 4 knocks is something different, I doubt it's the master, I don't think he would "knock" 4 times, I could see the master doing that drum beat in a tormenting kind of way over and over on the door. However thinking back to the thing in midnight, he was knocking 2 times each time until doctor knocked the 4 times so with that in mind, it could be the thing knocking acknowledge that it remembered the doctors knock or something but still, I'm unsure if those two things are same thing.

It bugged me too lol when Carmen said be careful. It does make me think though if she meant his death when saying his song is ending... Going back to the planet of the ood, they invited doctor and Donna to join their song, doctor declines saying he has his own song and then ood saying about his song ending. What exactly has his song been? what has he been doing for so long? maybe its just that is coming to an end. After cheating regeneration, he might already know that his dieing that the cells that was repaired might have been temporary.

I think it could be Gailfrey for one reason really, RTD said he pretty much did away with the place before he thought the time-lords were boring.. he might be bringing it back, to be honest though I hope not, I think the planet being gone makes the doctor more mysterious even if he is mopey, i think it adds depth and more character.

Hmmm just a random thought though, lets say it is the thing from Midnight that is causing the nightmares etc, I wonder if Donna will have something to do with saving everything again? she first of all turned right at the end of "the left" even with her other self being knocked down and causing the traffic to back she still should have been compelled to turn left but she personally decided to turn right which killed the beetle and the woman crawled off freaking out.

Also in the forest of the dead, she noticed constantly how there was like cut scenes when she was living life in the main computer, she still remembered things from before being 'saved'

if everyone is stuck in nightmares then I'm guessing she will realise it's not real and do something to contribute to saving earth. She might have had her memories wiped but she is still her regardless to remembering or not. just a thought.. Admittedly I'm writing it as i think of it.. so it probably is nonsense lol
By the way the woman who played the hostess is Rakie Ayola and Carmen was played by Ellen Thomas looked it up on www.imdb.com and the mentioning of not knowing her name.... if you notice through all the series they are big with knowing the names of those people who are "saving" the world or people around them... something I noticed a long time ago. I suppose considering that its a show where there is those who believe a name is a powerful thing to know I guess it isn't so strange that they would been a little unhappy about not knowing her name, How can they really single her out if they shared the heroic thing she did if they couldn't put a name to her other than the "hostess" even in journeys end Martha gives her name and so does the other female but the male refuses to because he doesn't want his name linked with them ripping the world apart and killing millions to save human kind
hmmm
I also think its going to be very interesting to see if they pick up the continuity thread that they left hanging at the end of "Journey's End" ......Will one of the "children of time " /Companions die??? It was theorized by Dalek Caan , and everything else came to be, I also find it interesting that Dalek Caan, in that episode , mentioned that "it is coming .....through the darkness....." the firs time i watched it i never connected it .....but after just rewatching it.....maybe even HE had some psychic visions about "The End of Time" ......hmmmmmm....

To tell you the truth , i think that Donna Noble (if she REALLY is DONNA,) will perish, but something or someone will take her place (NOT portrayed by Catherine Tate)......but to tell you the truth, ANYTHING could happen on Dr. Who!!! I SO don't want her to remember (because it would sheild her and keep her safe if she NEVER remembered,) but because there is such a possibility , it has to happen unfortunately ......

I also wonder when we will see the returns of River Song and Jenny (The Doctor's Daughter) .......they are BOTH very important in the grand scheme of things......
River song will be in the next series apparently, there is no confirmation about if she is playing river song or another character but in the same filming timing there was a debris with the words "Byzantium" so it could be the fore mentioned "crash of Byzantium" in silence in the library.. who knows? i think it would be odd because the way she speaks in silence of the library and the way she is shocked that he doesn't know her, it indicates that he was the 10th doctor when she met him... but who knows....

I don't know if the doctors daughter will be back, probabley won't be, I think they closed it off when she went off in to the universe with that funny grin on her face.. Would be nice to see her again though.

about Donna noble... There was a interesting thing posted on one of the spoiler sites which i can't seem to find again.... Catherine tate apparently said she would love to be on dr who again as donna noble but apparently it would be really hard to bring her back and then said something about she would rather donna noble be alive and basically be fasinated over a new flavour pringle.. don't know what to make of that.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pinksunglasses said…
I don't know about when people say that everyone's going to come back. I think that was the point of Journey's End. To END peoples stories. With the exception of Rose, Sylvia, Jackie, Wilf and Donna, whom there are pictures of, I don't thnk they're going to bring everyone back like Sarah Jane, Luke, Mickey, Jack, Ianto, Gwen and Martha, because that just sort of wrecks the whole finish of Journey's End.
I want to back up that Donna's ring looks NOTHING like the Master's ring, which I'm fairly sure has Time Lord writing and numbers on it. I think Donna's is just purple.
There was also a big thing about Donna's ring flashing when she's on the phone at the end of Journey's End - It was just catching the light.
I don't really know what's going to happen with Donna - she's definitly in the episode, but I have no idea how or why she is, and I'm not about to guess.
I really hope it's the Rose we left in Journeys end, not Rose before she met the Doctor, I'm not sure that would be a good story. All I want is for David Tennant to have the big send off he deserves.
big smile
So I have been thinking a LOT more as soon (this weekend over the pond hahah) some will be seeing the new trailer for End of Time , which by the way will show the "6 word named episode" (first episode, thus told to us lately by RTD......) I think the first part will be called "The Unravelling of Events in Time" or something to that effect.......

SO i think i will post some new theories (or expansions on some that i have read elsewhere that i agree with) so that if they happen i can at least pat myself on the back hahahhah

So what do we know?? (and please forgive me if i prattle on or repeat things i may have theorized before) ....We know that not only are Donna, Wilf, and the Master back, but so is Rose......hmmmmm......what doesnt fit here in that scenario? Rose ......and as we also know (due to taken pictures at filmings ) ....it appears as if they attempted to de-age (or make her look younger) Rose......SO.....I do believe some people when they say that possibly the Dr does things (interferes in timelines or events which should "happen" or events that would be "locked).....he even says in a number of events......this MUST happen.......well what if one or more of them didnt?

Would time itself or the entire universe fracture??? We were given a good example in "Father's Day" when Rose went back to save her father Pete's life.....so .....

Theory #1: WHAT IF the good Dr saves someone on Mars who isnt meant to be saved or some other event that he interferes in happens or doesnt happen or doesnt happen the same way it should???? Would there be reapers??? or would something much more devastating come to be because of the interference in time...???

I personally think that whatever happens on Mars begins the final days for this Dr. and although that is a pretty evident statement, as evidenced by what we have seen in pictures, and in the promos, .....I think that what isnt so evident is how we go from the doctor being on Mars with what appears to be an infectious illness being transferred by water to what appears to be the return of Gallifrey, or at least Timelords........

Well, there could be a couple possibilites in how we get from Point A (Mars .....water....fixed events that "must happen") to Point B (Earth ...at least partially ....Ood Sigma ....the Master....Donna...Timelords....Gallifrey??­??) Well....there must be a few connections that will make all these items appear continuitous ......

1. Donna....how does she "remember" or get her memories back or even how does she re-appear in the Dr's timeline......well, most likely (in my opinion ) either Wilf slips and mentions something about the Tardis, the Dr, or a corresponding event (probably under duress if an alien , or the Master or something else is attacking the Earth again.......im giving him credit because I love WILF!!))

2. Rose......How does she AGAIN leave the alternate universe/timeline??? Well, my theory on that revolves around the fact that if the Dr does something to fracture time / timelines....than very EASILY it could be explained that she could return to Earth again ......one question that i HAVENT seen ANYWHERE yet???? IF ROSE RETURNS, what happens to the 2nd HALF DOCTOR??? Hmmmmmmm.....

3. Ood Sigma .....now this part has bothered me from the beginning (from the very first time i saw the first preview from Comic-Con.....) WHY is he back??? The only connection he has is that he spoke the prophecy of "Your song must end" or something to that effect... Is he PART of the evil this time??? A lankey of the Master perhaps???

4. The Master.....well , its pretty obvious that there are only 2 ways that he CAN even return.....one, if his "essence" as a timelord was captured in the ring that was so noticeably picked up from the pyre as his mortal body burned, or two.....if events that the Dr. changes again "fractures" time.......those would be about the only 2 ways he could return ,right????

Well, unless the TimeLords bring him back!!! Remember, when the good dr was in his 2nd (well actually 3rd )persona, he was banished to earth because of all his "interfering" in events that they felt he should be doing anything about.....because TimeLords arent supposed to interfere......

Hmmmmm.....if time fractures JUST enough to break open/ unlock the Time Lock that was imposed on the Time War......then the Timelords and Gallifrey can come back!!

However, ANOTHER point that i havent seen anyone talk about yet??? IF THE TIMELOCK is broken, NOT ONLY do the TimeLORDs get thru......so do the DALEKS!!! And , at that point, ALL of them (especially the Cult of Skaro ) would be BACK!! UH OH!! hahahh

Now.....ANOTHER ODD thing that has been BUGGING me since they announced the cast list.......WHY is Neryis (spelling?) back??? Donna's supposed friend who isnt really a friend??? SOMETHING tells me that in some odd little way , she has something to do with this!!!!

AND WHAT does IMDB say about who's gonna appear in "the End of Time"? none other than Harriet Jones.....REALLY??? Then there DEFINATELY has to be something that changes the past/ alters a time line AGAIN....(VERY similar to Turn Left!) I LOVED that ep by the way!!

The OTHER odd thing that i cant figure out is how the doctor will "fix" everything.......MAYBE once the Timelords are back , they will fix it all??? Well, fix almost everything .......

My biggest theory (and still is ) is that the reason all this happens is because of the interference of the Dr AND the possibility of the return of the MARA......i think enough smoke and mirrors and the good Dr could have his hands full!!!

But, i also think that the TimeLords (for some reason) wont be able to save EVERYONE (the prophecies of time, of Dalek Caan, etc....) saying that a "Child of time" would die......who do I think it will be???

Donna is most likely , since next to Rose she is probably the most-liked, but i think being the "most important" woman in the world.....well.......it would be great drama.....and of course i'd bawl like a baby! She's my favorite companion since Sarah Jane Smith......trust me, ive watched Dr. Who for most of my 30+ years......

Thanks again David T!!! You have been TRULY an amazing DR #10!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu matta_jr said…
Oh dear; so many theories. These are some of my own theories:

Donna,Rose and Martha are in it. But why? I believe that the Master wants to punish the Doctor for ruining his previous plan (Sound of the Drums/Last of the Timelords) and so he gathers all the 'children of time' together and plays a sick game to pull at the Doctors heart strings.
One trick I think the Master will perform is to tell Donna about her travels with the Doctor. This will breafly cause a crack in time big enough for Rose to be pulled through from 'Pete's World'. Whilst Donna is dying and Rose is in captivity, I think he Master will attack UNIT and torture Martha for bringing about the end of his previous plan. He will leave Rose till last as he knows she is the Doctors favourite companion. The Doctor tries to interfere at one point and regenerates.
Another theory is that perhaps the Master has acquired a TARDIS by some unknown means and messes with time (hence 'The End of Time'). Even if he doesn't have a TARDIS he could still find a way to mess with time. Perhaps he shall make it so that he was successful in 'Last of the Timelords'. Perhaps by telling Donna about her travels through Time and about her timelord heritage it will split time apart (she is part timelord after all).
I think the reason why Lucy Saxon is seen in jail/custody is because she killed the Master and perhaps he puts her there. Or more likely the Doctor visits her in jail to see if she knows anything about the Master returning, perhaps telling her about the 'four knocks' prophesy. I think she didn't know about the masters ring holding his soul/essence and just took it as a reminder. I think she should give it to the Doctor and it is empty (!).
The Ood are in the episode because the Master perhaps has some psychic abilities/machinery which can control them. Or perhaps the Master tapped into the Ood's psychic 'network' and told Ood Sigma to tell the Doctor that his song is ending 'Planet of the Ood'. The same is possible in 'Planet of the Dead' where Carman tells the Doctor the same thing. (Is it just me or is it spooky that both those episodes are linked with that individual line and both have the word 'Planet' as their first word?). You may be asking why does the Master do this. Well maybe just to mess with the Doctors mind. Also the fact that Ood Sigma was in 'The Waters of Mars' at the end obviously frightened the Doctor and so perhaps the Master sent him to mess with the Doctors mind again.
Another reason for Donna appearing again is that she was the one who managed to stop her in 'The Runaway Bride' and we've seen in 'Turn Left' that if she didn't the Doctor would have dies forever! So I think after the Doctor went too far by saving the colonists from Mars 'Waters of Mars' the Doctor is desperate and returns to her. And then I think Wilff stops him and becomes his companion that way.
The transition between Tennant and Smith?... Hmm thats a tricky one. Its got to be something dramatic and heroic. Perhaps in an explosion where both the Doctor and Master (and possibly companions) are caught in. This would be brilliant for a cliff hanger between the episodes or even at the end of the new years episode. But I think this wouldn't be where the Doctor died as its not dramatic enough (I think).
The Darkness is coming back? Hmmmm... Or is it something is coming from the darkness? If so then it could be Jack Harkness coming back from across the universe. It also could be Davros. Or maybe its the DoctorDonna coming from within the dark depths of Donna's mind. I like that idea.
Jenny. I dont think shes coming back... yet. Stephen Moffat was the reason why Jenny didn't die and so that makes me think that shes coming back in Series 5. Same with River Song.
I think that perhaps the Master may kill Sarah Jane! I think this because he has been seen outside her home and also I think its unlikely that the dark, mysterious style of Steven Moffat's writing will fit with the Sarah Jane Adventures. What about K9? Maybe he will stay with the Doctor. Or maybe be destroyed :(

So basically I think the Master will try to mess with the Doctors mind by killing/torturing/hurting the Doctors previous companions.
Thanks for listening to my spewl! :)

Matta_jr
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sajidali11 said…
GUYS ONE THING WHEN UVE LOT BEEN GOING ON ABOUT DONNAS RING AND ALL THAT REMEBER ONE THING THAT DOCTOR SAID THAT IF DONNA REMEBERS ANY MEMORY OF THE DOCTOR SHE WILL BURN UP AND MAYBE SHE WILL DIE TOO VERY THRILLING!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu tarkett85 said…
wink
one thing i thought of probably wrong but what about the beast from "impossible planet" "satan pit", the origianal controller of the ood. plus we never saw the beasts mind die just move towards the black hole. only a thought but beasty boy "played on basic fears" the doctors song ending being an example, him losing donna, rose , martha, the master and davros. meeting the thing on midnight all seem to point to a massive set up over 4 seasons as revenge for what happened. let me know your thoughts
lebih dari setahun yang lalu doctor10000 said…
i have a really good theory, i think the besast is coming back!!!
because his consiosness went with toby but doesnt the consoiusness have the ability to switch bodys and if the beast was born before time do you really think he can get killed by a black hole??
he'll probably be back and i also think that throughout the whole series from christopher that there have been hints of the beast. i'm not going to say because it might spoil it but i think i have a hunch about the beast and how he's going to return.
smirk
After taking a month off thinking about what might happen with the specials I decided to revisit pages to see if there is new information out now.

Some interesting things are being said my RTD, he could be teasing or he could be giving us hints here's a quote

"Russell: ...because long ago the Ood said, "I think your song is sending soon,"
David: Yup,
Russell: They knew, but how do they know? How can Ood be that psychic and that intelligent? How? What's happening? What's going on in the universe?
Julie: You big, big tease.
David: Time is running away with itself somehow.
Russell: You'd think something is bleeding, coming through from the other side. Very strange...
David: We'll have to come back and see what happens there..."

The first thing I was wondering is, what is the other side? Could it be that black whole the beast supposedly went through? Could the beast be manipulating the odds evolution bringing it forward thousands of years? it took them 100 years to build a grand city which the doctor mentions in the Children In Need preview that it was quick.

My other thought was when I saw the ood sitting with that steam looking box, it reminds me of the one the soothsayer was using. Could it have a connection to the fires of pompei?

I don't know what happens to Donna, but something else that RTD said in a interview...

"How much you want the Doctor to triumph, how much you fear for Donna, how much you dread the Master, how much Bernard Cribbins can make you laugh one minute and cry the next. It's all about those wonderful actors, filling your screen and making you care."

"Bernard can break your heart with a look, a gesture, a smile. That's why he;s the perfect companion for the tenth Doctor;s final tale - two wise old men, fighting the good fight. But every soldier must give up the battle in the end, and poor old Wilf has some terrible reckonings to come."

"There were a lot of last scenes for us all," explains Davies. "The last day with poor old Wilf, Donna's final words, the last day on the TARDIS, the last time David used his sonic screwdriver. There was a lot of emotion on set. The most awful moment came with the four knocks..."

I honestly do not know what to make of it, RTD is very good with his words.... Final words? meaning last scenes they filmed or final words to the doctor before he dies or final words before she goes mad or dies?

I have so many things I would like to point out of what I've seen the last couple of days but I have to say hello to the real world lol.

Really enjoy reading other peoples theories!
big smile

Ok, so I also have been sitting back REALLY trying to read all the quotes and the theories that all the good folks have been coming up with and am SO impressed with some of the GREAT ideas you all have ........SO a few new ones from me, basically from the same quotes that you, TREBOR1978 brought up , AND from the wiki/ imdb cast listings (and the "OFFICIAL" cast lists which we have supposedly seen now)!!!

Ok, so first..... "Donna's final words...." DO I think that Donna will die? YES ....VERY super-dramatic....at least because I am such a fan of Catherine Tate/Donna N., I at LEAST hope we get a great final with her character (I hope she helps end the threat against the doctor, helps the doctor to regenerate as comfortably as possible, something like that......) I DO think fairly quickly into "End of Time Part 1" Wilf will not only join the Dr. as companion, but Donna will regain ALL the memories......

I think the problem with the memories (aside from the fact that they are from a Time-Lord/Human "metacrisis") is that she is going to be VERY emotional......"Why would you do this to me," etc......like an amnesiac finally remembering, which in effect is what happened........The emotional Donna could be a problem for the Dr!!!

Now, as far as the Master.....as I have stated before , according to RTD, there are "layers of mystery" or something to that effect....as if this might be a giant conspiracy/ or might not be "real" at all.......I think that (as seen in the newer previews....) those four people standing around what appears to be a "cauldron" appear to "raise " the master from the dead......REALLY??? hmmmmm.......

Could be witchcraft??? Possibly......obviously the red-fingernailed person (Woman) who picked up the master's ring at the end of "The Last of the Timelords" WAS Lucy Saxon......but WHY? I mean, we as humans would understand why another human would take the Master's life if they could (and for REAL, HOW would 1 bullet end the Master's life? But I digress.....) but WHY would you kill someone to just want to bring them back??? Thats something thats been troubling me for a while......

Next, although I havent seen "Waters of Mars" yet, (so PLEASE dont ruin ending/ plot for me).....I am beginning to think from comments i have read about it (basically non-spoiler comments from those who have seen it ) I take it that the Dr. does something that he wasnt/isnt supposed to do......now that would fit in WELL with his "This is a fixed moment in time, the things that happen on Mars must always happen " speech in the preview for episode!!! Well, I have another theory , which was inspired by this AND by the "official" cast lists that I have seen online:

What IF.....there were MANY points in time (that AS A TIMELORD ) he shouldnt have changed......I mean, isnt that the original idea of a Timelord.....to NOT interfere? Yes, we'd be a sad world if the events that occurred due-to the Daleks or the Empress of the Racnoss HAD occurred, or WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED had Rose not survived at any point with her travels with the doctor? Would that have meant that no one could have saved the whole world when the events of "Turn Left" happened?

Do we SEE the Trickster's Beetle thingy again?? Now that would interesting......what if it had jumped on the Doctor's back ? And in trying to change his personal timeline, it messed up EVERYTHING????

There are a few people whom i find it ODD that appear in the 2 part finale......the Character of "Verity Newman" portrayed by Jessica Hynes......the GRANDDAUGHTER of Joan Redfern perhaps??? family name/ the journal passed down thru the generations??

And what the HECK is up with the return of Harriet Jones AND Midshipman Frame???? I think BOTH of them have something to do with the Dr's timeline being messed with/ and wondering if Donna and even perhaps Rose having the same issues (what if things changed or had to be CHANGED for things to be better?)

Midshipman Frame lived (at least as far as we know) but Harriet Jones died at the hands of the Daleks right? (MANY people think that she didnt die then) but what if she did? Then HOW would she come back??? I dont think its a visit/memory/flashback thing......I think that the Dr and Rose or Donna have to change something that changes everything and her timeline doesnt run across the Dalek invasion somehow.......just a thought.....

Cant wait to read more thoughts guys!!! Keep em going!!!

Oh , by the way, as far as the Master goes......the scene in upcoming previews (where it shows the masters skull , as in a flash of an x-ray???) WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT??? for some reason, even though it appears VERY scientific, the first time i saw that i immediately began thinking it wasnt REALLY the master......like it was a mirage or something......

Im still thinking MARA!!! hahahahhaha

Brian
I read somewhere that the skull flashes reminded a person of the classic episode with Kamelion who the master mind controls a brief explanation here link

however Russel Davies has said it's because the master is at the end of his life that both the master and the doctor are trying to run from their deaths. however how much of that is the truth I don't know.

Source:
“Whitfield and Dalton are just two of the cast list that embraces Claire Bloom, Brian Cox, Catherine Tate, Bernard Cribbins and John SIMMs, Of course, is the latest actor to play the Master, fellow Time Lord and the Doctor’s arch nemesis for nearly four decades. But Davies wasn’t daunted by the inconvenience of having killed off the Master in 2007 – this is sci-fi, after all: “The stakes are raised so high with him.” Says Davies. “It’s personal for the Doctor. The master is his enemy, his opposite, and yet so tantalizingly close to being his soul mate. There’s something epic about their sheer existence – the last two survivors of an ancient race. It’s a clash of the titans, Both of them heading for death, and yet both determined to survive – at any cost!”
Simm describes his character’s latest incarnation as “emo Master”. Gone are the sharp suit and slick haircut of his prime minister persona in 2007, to be replaced by wild eyes and punk-white hair peeking out from a hoodie. He flashes in and out of “skeleton mode”. “This is a Mater who lived and died,” explains simm “and now lives again – although he’s seen healthier days. He’s desperate and desperate means dangerous”
link

It wasn't lucy saxons hand that picks the ring up, she was in prison for killing the prime minister at that point and from the look of the scene the doctor took the master back to the end of the universe where he first met him in these new doctor who eps, Also if you listen to this you tube interview, RTD says that he thinks it's a older hand (and in fact the hand was "played" by an older woman")link at 4:20 he talks about the hand that picks up the ring

I'm not sure if Harriet Jones is a live, or just in a nightmare sequence but i can't wait to find out :D

I was going to write more but its all slipped my mind lol
lebih dari setahun yang lalu p-whizzle said…
Maybe...just maybe. the master doesn't kill the dr. the cast list says that the jadoon are in it and we know the dr is a wanted man for doing a runner from the shadow proclamtion at the in the stolen earth. maybe he get sentanced to death. but yes that would be a very rubbish ending. but then again it would be no more rubbish than the ending to waters
lebih dari setahun yang lalu oblongmaculatus said…
He will knock four times... who? How about a former Doctor, Tom Baker, (the forth) in a regeneration that goes wrong? Then a further regeneration to Matt Smith?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
Well, I just finished the first part (it took some searching, let me tell you!), so beware of spoilers!

The role Timothy Dalton played just sent chills up my spine (though the spitting was a bit much). I'd forgotten about the Christmas special until a day ago, and hadn't seen any of the trailers or read any of this thread of conjecture, so happily I came to it fresh. But it is fun to read all the ideas that everyone else had about all the clues from previous episodes. The knocking four times was pretty good, though we still don't actually know what it is. I found the marriage to Queen Bess over the top for silliness, but I liked the moment in the scrap yard where the Doctor and the Master converse about their youth together on Gallifrey...a nice, subtle foreshadowing. The fact that both Wilfred and Donna are unaffected by the "transmission" makes me wonder whether that is a common trait to all the Doctor's companions, or whether there is a common element to them both that makes them NOT human enough to not be affected. I love that the Time Lords are back - most of you know that I think getting rid of them made no sense in the first place - so even a regression from a completely asinine story element is a Good Thing. I dunno about the Master having Cosmic Powers (a la Marvel comics), though - it seems grossly non canon, until they provide some explanation for how he's become Emperor Palpatine suddenly.
Wilf was not affected because he was in that box which the doctor adjusted and put a radiation shielding up to protect wilf. I'm wondering why Donna was not affected is it because of the meta-crisis? or is the ring protecting her? or is there something more that RTD threw in for the fun of it? I was thinking she might be already a time lady but then she wouldn't be burning up.

I thought the "master race" was hilarious John simm looks good in a dress hehe

I have no more theories about the last part, it was extremely different to what I expected, it did seem a little crammed and I'm wondering how the last part is going to be like with so much happening.

It was cool to see the time lords, Now i'm curious to see if they force a regeneration and maybe take the doctor back to the 8th doctor the clothing style just doesn't seem right 9th doctor was in leather, 10th a trendy coat and the 11th a tweed? and seems much more old fashioned. I wonder if Steven moffat wants to reset the regenerations from where the classic episodes finished off? I dont know but can't wait to find out. endless possibilities!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu oblongmaculatus said…
One big loose end. Who was that woman?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu alex165 said…
big smile
I think that woman was the doctors mother, she kept her face covered and i know it is because she didn,t agree with the time lords ideas, but there was another man that was covering his eyes, was he the doctors father?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu WhitbyJet77 said…
worried
We all thought this, and this is what all of the writers wanted us to begin and then you realise ... Wilf will knock four times. I cried when that happened