house m.d. Huddy

jameswilson posted on Jul 04, 2008 at 05:08AM
I thought about posting this as a soapbox article, but I decided that I didn't want to bother with people rating it and whatnot - the forum just seems more casual, which is what I like.

Anyway, incase you didn't know, I'm a big fan of Huddy.
I think House and Cuddy/Hugh and Lisa have amazing chemistry and I just think that the whole idea of Huddy is great. However, there are a few things that I've been thinking about concerning this ship.

I think that one of the main reasons that Huddy is one of the most widely supported ships is because we get really excited at the thought of it happening. We love talking about it and theorizing on it and imagining the potential of a House/Cuddy relationship.
But what happens once they get together?
Everybody screams and falls out of their chairs and off their beds and rewinds the scene over and over and looks it up on youtube.
No matter what happens, we're all going to go numb with excitement for a while.
But if they start going out it's going to get ... well, boring. Fast. There's nothing more to hope for. Sure we could plot a marriage or a child - but that's not nearly as much fun as anticipating the course of that crazy sexual tension.
If you watched "Gilmore Girls" you'll understand what I mean. After four years of waiting, Luke and Lorelai finally kissed. And some stuff happened for a season or so. But we got bored. So they tried to fix that by breaking them up, but then we got mad. Needless to say, the show ended soon there after.

Personally, I think the best season five Huddy would be a hook-up. Just a one night stand. Something unplanned and spontaneous. That would make things really awkward, set up tons of great jokes, and - most importantly - it would multiply the chemistry and sexual tension by a million. Then we could still theorize and wish and pray and have fun and we'd still have a great Huddy scene to boast about.

I think that, if its going to happen, the best time for a permanent Huddy relationship would be at the end of the show's run. It would leave us thoroughly satisfied but still slightly curious. What could be better?
Nothing, in my opinion.

But that's just me. I'm sure that everyone here has their own hope for the Huddy (or Hameron or Hilson) future.
In any case, I can't wait to see what season five brings us.
last edited on Jul 04, 2008 at 05:13AM

house m.d. 9 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu misanthrope86 said…
I am soooooooo with you on this! I really think that the Huddy tension is what makes the relationship so interesting. So I agree that if they are gonna have some Huddy action, it should just be a kiss or sex, but not a romantic relationship.

So I'm with you 100% on this. Well, except I don't think they would end the show on a happy Huddy note. To me, that doesn't seem like a direction that the show would go in, but it sure would be cool if it did!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PotterGal said…
Wow, i completely agree with this 100% as well! The sexual tension really is what makes Huddy so amazing and i would hate for them to lose it.
I actually was thinking that it would be great for the show to end with Huddy, though i don't think the show will go that route.
Wow..i can't WAIT for Season 5! :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mimika_s said…
I also agree!!!And if you posted this as an article,I would definitely prompt you
You just expressed all my thoughts but with much better english!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Huddyaddict12 said…
>Everybody screams and falls out of their chairs and off their beds and rewinds the scene over and over and looks it up on youtube.<

Omg! that is pretty much exactly what i did when all they did was hold hands in wilosns heart! but ya i do agree with you that the tension between them is Very improtent... still david shore is pretty smart so if huddy happens it probely wont be that boreing :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu babybell said…
i am currently thinking to things... one that the tension is definfinetly the most important thing.... i am not sure how a romantic relationship would work between them... but im not entirely sure it would muck the tension up.... but im not sure it would work either... maybe arc of them kissing and sex and stuff like that and then... im not sure... but im sure whatever david Shore does will be the best thing and the thing that will be most natural....
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MoniBolis said…
You're totally right on this
lebih dari setahun yang lalu oldmovie said…
jameswilson you have expressed my deepest fear in words better than I could. I was scared to death that Huddy would loose its sexiness if they got together. I completely agree that what makes huddy great is searching for hidden "huddy moments" and being obsessed fans waiting for the day it will happen. Though we may complain and make jokes about it never happening part of what makes it so fun to be a huddy shipper is that uncertainty. Anyway I also agree 100% that they don't fully get together! I want their relationship to a bit like a Ross and Rachel, you know eventually they'll be together, its more how they are going to get there and the fun obstacles in between!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu babybell said…
yes..... i think it should be exactly like ross and rachel's : they get together and then break up and then get the tension back and have it until the end of the show, when they get together... or elliot and jd... same thing happened..... and i ship all of those lol! i get bored with steady relationships like chandler and monica...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Shikabane-Mai said…
Wow. You know, I've never it in this light before, jameswilson. I always thought, "Please don't make them have a one night stand, PLEASE!!!" But now that you've explained it and the whole "It'll get boring. Fast.", I completely agree with you. There would be SO much tension, SO much more sexual tension, it'd just be... WOW.