house m.d. For everyone from a non-English speaking country

jameswilson posted on May 22, 2008 at 04:37PM
How do you guys all know English so well?
I'm just curious I guess.
But I'm definitely impressed. Hah

house m.d. 16 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mimika_s said…
Haha!
Well,I'm definitely not one of the persons you are talking about but I can explain that to you
Here in Greece,for example,children start english lessons at the age of 7,maybe 6.It is very important for us and Greece is one of the countries that emphasis on foreign languages,especially English.I think that statistically is the country with the most degrees in English
Personally I have studied and been taught english 10 years!I also get the proficiency degree which is level C2,meaning the highest level that exists in foreign languages
however I failed in those exams once because I didn't pass the writing part.Next year i succeeded but always writing in english is a problem for me.
Generally it is a worldwide phenomenon!Almost every young person can speak english no matter what his/her native language is
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jameswilson said…
That's really great.
I wish I could speak another language.
:]
lebih dari setahun yang lalu babybell said…
yeh, i learn spanish but im terrible! i feel so ignorant!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bainmoussant said…
jameswilson, don't you learn a second language in school, like Spanish?
I started learning English when I was 12 and I think I got good at it mainly because I loved the language so much. Then I have also travelled a bit, which is something you should definitely do if you're interested in learning foreign languages. There's nothing like direct experience, speaking with the locals, trying to get by finding your way, ordering food, etc.
And I have to say, watching shows like House without subtitles is good practice too ! (although, if I'm honest, there are sometimes bits of dialogue I do not fully understand, like all the medical stuff for instance!)
Hey, how about learning French? It's a beautiful language too! ;)
Well, I have taken Spanish in school and I can understand it pretty well. But I could never use it to this sort of extent.
Perhaps I'm just not trying hard enough.
Hah
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Legenda said…
I learned English and German watching TV, of course my grammatik if horeble, but its pritty easey to learn to speak some langueges that way.
Oh... and i learn English at school but I hawe a 4 whict is cind of like a B I gues.

I<3
ENGLISH
i could not speak spanish or german as well as Legenda just typed english, but it wasnt perfect, but bainmoussant seems to be able to spell english better than i can!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Immunity said…
I´m trying to improve my english by reading english books, watching movies in english and so on...I´ve learned english for 8 years in school but I wasn´t very good at it ^^°
Now I really need it, because I´m from Austria and I don´t want to wait for all the TV series to come half a year later to us...So I´ve already seen the season 4 finale of House ^___^
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HannaK said…
I'm not really good at English but I'm learning it, of course I learn it at school, but I also watch a lot of tv shows on my computer and they don't have subtitels so I have to listen very carefully, I've also learned it from music and games, almost everything is in English!
HannaK you say your not very good, but about all i can say in other langauges with out prompting is hello, no joke, and im supposed to be okay at langauges! or whatever, i cant spell anything! YOu rock every1 who is form a different country but is specking english better than i can ( amost, not quite, certainly spelling it better than i can) !
Well, I'm really impressed with all of you - regardless of how good or not so good you think you are.
:]
lebih dari setahun yang lalu waldorf said…
How? Too much TV, haha. I started learning when I was 9, and German when I was 12. About a year ago I started taking Spanish lessons but uh, three languages are more than enough for me. x)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cuddles said…
I started learning English when I was 10 years old, this means I've been learning this language for about 8 years. I love English, in my opinion it's such a beautiful language and I would love to speak it perfectly (Obviously I can't , but I give my very best.)
I also try to improve my English by reading English books or watching movies and Tv shows in English.
Especially House MD is hard to understand, because even in German I get confused due to all the medical terms they use in the show.
Nevertheless I watch House MD in English...,the final episode of the 4th season..., because I have to wait at least half a year before it will run on German TV.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ricko said…
I get English at school but it´s very easy. I learned it when i was about 7 because then i started watching movies and after i while i turned off the subs. And of course by watching all the series online without subs.
p.s.: i come from the netherlands where english is like a second language.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Fashion_life said…
I live in Puerto Rico and the island is U.S. territory but is not state, we speak Spanish but is compulsory the teaching of English in school. Thank to that and the TV I understand english but at the time of writing it is a little difficult
lebih dari setahun yang lalu love_not_war_75 said…
I am French, but at the momet I am in New Zealand on an exchange programe which is helping me learn english fast because I am exposed to english all the time. Internet translaters are big helps too.