the office Which Ep Would Anda Use To Convert A Friend?

bealoser posted on Mar 01, 2007 at 07:03AM
I get into these discussions with my friends all the time about our fave t.v. shows because there are always a few that almost no one I know watches (ahem Veronica Mars). So, I pose a question to all you Office fans: if, for some insanse reason, you needed to make a believer out of your friends and convince them to start watching the show, which episode(s) would you choose? Third time's the charm, as they say, so max of three.

My own choices?
1. The Alliance
2. The Injury
and if they STILL won't budge: 3. Dwight's Speech.
(and the cold open from Branch Closing - I've watched it countless times and I *still* literally bust out laughing.) But that's not a *full* ep, so that's still three. Teehee.
last edited on Mar 01, 2007 at 07:04AM

the office 15 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu papa said…
I'm still partial to Diversity Day or Basketball for first-timers. Granted they are from season 1 and the show hadn't really hit its stride yet, but these are still two of my favorite eps from the program.

I wasn't a big fan of the Alliance, but I loved the Injury.

I definitely wouldn't show them the Pilot though. That episode made me cringe (it was too similar to the UK pilot).
lebih dari setahun yang lalu hapaganthae said…
1. Dundies
2. The Injury
3. Bussiness School
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bealoser said…
I chose the Alliance because the visual image of Dwight popping out of a box is just too funny to me. I love it.

And I refrained from choosing Diversity Day - even though that's a personal favorite of mine - because I find that the first season's humor was very uncomfortable. Michael hadn't really developed much redeeming characteristics yet, in part, because I think the show was still drawing a lot from the UK version, so I'd be afraid that it would people away from the show. Because even though I loved it, I definitely had some moments that were like, "Oh wow.. *cringe*"
lebih dari setahun yang lalu honeychild said…
business school was pretty darn good!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu goalstopper said…
initiation got me interested but if you want one from last year try the injury
lebih dari setahun yang lalu hailz0909 said…
True, I'd say... Basketball and The Injury. They're both prime examples of The Office's quality and sense of humor, and they're funny enough for outsiders to still find them funny. The Injury is the first episode I ever saw(in Aus programmers cant count), and it hooked me in straight away.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu petunia04 said…
I would have to say - I can watch these episodes over and over again and laugh just as hard each time!
1. The Dundies
2. Conflict Resolution
3. Traveling Salesman

Unfortunately I work in an office where no one but myself watches the show. I have tried to get get them to watch the show but so far no takers. One only watches brit shows and the other only watches baby einstein and national geographic - lol in converting them
lebih dari setahun yang lalu sfdude said…
Mmm bouncing balls and giraffes...pretty pictures. :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu rhm0165 said…
injury or the fight no question
lebih dari setahun yang lalu andybernard said…
The Injury
The Return
The Alliance
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu elliethefrench said…
the injury naturally,
l watched it with a non English speaker and he laughed the whole episode!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Urkel-gru said…
basketball
the injury
health care........who wouldnt laugh out loud to someone claiming to have "government-created killer nanorobot infection"
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bealoser said…
fyi, i had a friend visiting me and i decided to convert her last night. we started with papa's suggestions and watched basketball and then moved onto diversity day. and then she wanted to watch business school because we were fully submerged in the buffyverse back in the day. and then when michael said that ryan started a fire trying to make a cheesy pita, i decided we needed to watch the fire. and then we got tired so i couldn't even show her the eps that i had picked out!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu bwright said…
any episode...just not the carpet... i hated that episode
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nos1o said…
THE FUN RUN, when he hits Meredith with his car