The Fanpoppy Awards 2009 Special Award Nominations - Closed

hooch-is-crazy posted on Feb 09, 2009 at 05:55PM
The nominations are closed, however, for next year I am keeping this bit, that way I can copy and paste it for use next year.

This is where you decide the nominations for the three special awards. "What makes these awards so special?" I hear you ask. Well, they're special because they're decided differently, you, the fans, have to persuade Bliss, Dazl and I who to vote for with mini-arguments on why they deserve to win, then we decide who does, so here are the three special awards.

The Lifetime Achievement Award
-The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award
-The Fanpop Four Award For Constructive Criticism

In the event that Bliss and Dazl stay "hidden", I will need two more people to decide(and tally the votes for the regular awards), but hopefully it won't come to that.
last edited on Feb 21, 2009 at 01:02PM

The Fanpoppy Awards 12 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu germany123 said…
The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award

id like to nominate ineedcoffee- she isnt a huge contributer but is always around leaving nice comments and i have never seen her lose her patience with people!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
I'd like to nominate harold for the Fanpop Four Award for Constructive Criticism-- And here's why!

Harold differs from last year's winner of this award in only one respect-- he's less violent about it. And while the Doc (god bless her-- where the hell is she?) gets her point across in a no-bullshit (excuse me) way, harold takes a different approach in his corrective comments. He's gentler, but consistent, such as how he keeps continuously prodding people to clean up the debate spot by posting more relevant material. He's written a NUMBER of articles on Fanpop Etiquette, as well as being that spot's most active member (seriously, he's number one in the "fans" section of the spot).

All in all, harold is never afraid to correct anybody, and no matter who they are, be they troll or the friendliest user you know, he always treats them in an understanding but firm way. His tactics are different than DrDevience's, but I do think he's just as effective as she was, and since she's gone, we need more users like him.

And that's my shpiel on why harold should get the F4 Award for Constructive Criticism.

Huzzah.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu The-Stig said…
smile
i'd give cammie the award for constructive criticism coz she has an opinion on stuff, and likes to make her point, but doesnt b mean about it
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
Actually, now that The-Stig mentions her, I think Cammie is highly deserving of the Humanitarian Fanpoppy. Constantly smiling, contributing, and helping out the underdog, or really anyone who needs helping out at all, there are few users on the 'pop quite like her. One of her favorite things to do, it seems, is help people out and give people a smile and some cheer when they log on. She does a lot of "humanitarian" like efforts on the 'pop as well to make this world a "better place," so to speak, like making cheery picks to boost morale or giving advice and such.

This was more spontaneous than my shpiel for harold, but I hope it was long/convincing enough.

Is Cammie allowed to be nominated for two things, by the way? Even if she's not, I refuse to withdraw my nomination. I think she'd really rock that humanitarian award.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu hooch-is-crazy said…
Yes, it would even be possible for someone to win all three.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu IsisRain said…
smile
The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award

I nominate Cammie..as others have said she's always helpful, involved and has a wonderful way of cheering up people! Also I'd like to add a personal reason, that being when I joined Fanpop she went out of her way to make me feel welcome and a part of the site!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu IsisRain said…
smile

Kathiria82...all you have to do is look at her contributions and medals to see how much she's contributed.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cammie said…
smile
The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award:

ClassicalNadia:
Sydney is not only a great contributor to Fanpop, she has to be one of the truly nicest users. In the one year I have been on here I have never seen this young lady make anything but nice, complimentary comments to EVERYone.
I don't think she could say something remotely nasty even if she was truly provoked.

The Lifetime Achievement Award:

I second IsisRain's nomination for Kathiria82.
Myra's like the Bette Davis of Fanpop. She's excellence in 'this' field and she'll take no crap. She'll not only stand up for herself and beliefs but more importantly, she stands up for her Fanpop mates if the need arises.
I love you Myra - you bitch, hahaha!

The F4 Award For constructive Criticism:

Cinders!
I admire this lady a lot. I don't always agree with her views or the way she sometimes re-enforces them (but you know that, right Carly? lol!)but I respect her a great deal.
By her own admission she is an opinionated person, and I find that many times that quality serves her well in expressing a view and offering advice. I mostly see her criticisms as constructive and as a way of opening a door to another possibilty of seeing something.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ladolcevita said…
big smile
Kathiria82 - I think Cams and IsisRain have said it all.
-The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award
Cammie!!! - Cammie has helped out A LOT this/last year.
-The Fanpop Four Award For Constructive Criticism hm...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu amazondebs said…
big smile
for the dave lu humanitarian award i would like to second germany's nomination for the same reason has put, she really is such a lovly user, especially to new fans

for the constructive criticism i would like to nominate miss cinders for that, she can constructively critise with out being demeaning or condescending and with also being friendly and nice, she gives pretty darn good advice on how to improve what ever she is criticizing and she can also take advice well herself, i have learnt a lot from her

finally for the lifetime achievement award i would like to nominate nadacavalieri, she has only been here a year and has an amazing 16 fanatic medals and she continues to add brilliant quality content in all of these spots as well being a huge part of the rating and commenting community
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ineedcoffee said…
The Lifetime Achievement Award-Kathiria82
I think this is pretty self explanatory she contributes so much.

-The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award-this was a little more difficult
I have Cinders, Amazondebs and Cammie I think Cinders is very helpful and gives great advice to new users, I must say the same goes for Debs and well Cammie is just a all around nice Fanpopper who is there if anyone needs a shoulder to cry on or to ask for help she is there. but if you can only accept one then go with Cinders for her work on the HRAM and all she did for the poetry contest on the writing spot.

-The Fanpop Four Award For Constructive Criticism
This one can go to a few different people like cinders again but I think there is one fanpopper who gets over looked and she gives great critics even if you may not want to here it, but she is honest and that is wonderful that person is Germany123
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu fanfly said…
heart
The Lifetime Achievement Award: Kathiria82
Seriously, just look at her page.

The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award: Cammie
Always friendly and helpful, she's one of the first people on Fanpop who made me feel welcome when I first joined.

The Fanpop Four Award For Constructive Criticism: harold
He's the one who created the Fanpop User's Guide- an incredibly helpful series of articles that every new user should refer to. That's the most constructive criticism ever! I know it's not specific to any one person but he must have seen people struggling with various aspects of Fanpop and decided to actually do something about it. That's just awesome.