Tailslover9's style of Bases are good for begginers and of course, easy to use. Like her style and many other's, these are more than likely used.
Okay, so I’ve started to notice while I’m browsing the old Base club that there’s a lot of small chop ups going on. Not many are being used as they’re being created and handed out, and those that are tend to be the simple fra-la ones than the lebih exquisite and detailed. I’m slightly concerned those making the bases aren’t doing their research atau homework, so here’s just me giving small hints and details that might improve the work around here. And this is an opinion- so no thinking I’m blowing smoke up your arse. ^^
So… First ideas for a base…
1. If you’re making a Base, one of the most basic and simple idea to keep in mind is variety. anda don’t really want to put a base surrounding one species atau gender. Giving it different varieties and such are a good idea if anda want lebih people to use. If it’s meant for one gender atau species, however, try giving different feature choices at the side atau styles the user can work with.
2. Never, EVER EV-AH make a base that’s basically all made up and diberikan everything. Like…you claim it’s a base, but it looks like line art you’re suppose to color. Don’t want that- if anda want line art, go make atau find a club with line art. This is a BASE club- make people work a little here.
3. Do something no one else does! I haven’t seen, for example, many baby Mobian bases, atau human comparison to Mobian bases. If anda keep making things others are creating, you’ll only be judged at who has the best pose atau idea for the same topic. Be creative and think up bases that no one else has done yet atau ones that might be lebih what people are looking for.
4. Be sure your base is easy to color. For me, I prefer using Bases that have been made with Paint atau simple GIMP. anda know simple pixels. If the user wants lebih detail atau smoother lines and textures, let them use their own programs and let them work that end. For the most part, make a base that’s easy to color and simple to use.
5. Couple bases are nice for your fangs and tangs. Yuri, Yaoi, straight, machines and inanimate objects, whatever. People seem to like Couple bases above all else. So this is the case, try not to post a lot of sex cropped ones. I haven’t seen much as being innocent couple Bases, like sharing an ice cream atau something. Be creative and think of your own experience’s when it comes to romance if anda make couple bases. Not everything is wrapped around sex, anda know. A Yuri couple can be really kawaii if it’s the simplest expression, such as hugging atau pecking the cheek. The key is simplicity and expression the faces may have if anda give the variety.
And that’s basically it! Now, to make a base…
1. You can make a Base in numerous ways. The most common is to find a picture online, outline the basic image of it, then erase the details leaving only that outline. Though this is the quickest, cheapest way, it’s often frown upon when someone finally notices and realizes why the base looks familiar.
2. Making a base from scratch needs lebih creativity, Looking up foto and drawing inspiration like anda would art is a nice way. But making it from scratch means anda can use a variety of programs, like Paint Tool Sai, Photoshop, Coral, Paint Pro, atau just regular old Paint. Either way, when anda make a base from scratch, be sure to make it large enough for use.
3. Another way to make a base is to sketch it traditionally then scan it. It’s not really easy for use, and therefore suggested only if anda have no other option. In that case, if anda can, sketch the base and after either taking a picture atau scanning the image, try to outline the image with Paint and erase around and inside it, leaving nothing but the lines needed. This way you’ve already done a step for someone who might’ve used your sketch base from its original roots.
The Don’ts of Bases….
1. DO NOT make a Base from someone else’s fan art atau art! Making one from your own is different- that’s your call. But if it’s someone else’s’, prepare for some serious torment. That is a number one peeve and thankfully I haven’t seen that here yet. But regardless, taking someone’s art and making a base out of it is disrespectful, even with their permission.
2. DO NOT make a base for one person and that person only. What if it’s a good idea and only that person gets to use it? In fact, that’s opening the doors for art theft. Don’t allow that to happen! Sharing is a benefit that can be granted to both sides oleh sidestepping this mistake.
3. DO NOT make a base that goes against what anda believe atau support just for another’s approval. Popularity may seem important now, but later when it comes time to test for strength in these beliefs, anda may find anda can’t support them because you’re afraid of being looked down upon. atau anda may end up looking like a two face. Though it’s good to be flexible and understand other people’s tampilan and respect them- it’s not good for anda to go to extremes just because a certain group is lavished for being what they are and you’re shunned for what you’re not. Simply put, if you’re homophobic, don’t make gay bases. If anda hate certain scenes, don’t make sex related atau violence centered bases, if you’re against satanic atau other religious items don’t make those bases! Easy!
4. DO NOT create Bases that flame other people atau beliefs. If anda make a base with someone killing a lesbian, atau a Satanist shanking a Buddhist, anda better believe I’ll be one of those people bashing anda to death. Making a base meant for insulting another person is also frowned upon. Be mature and treat your talent with better respect than to smite unworthy foes. No hating bases!
I hope this helps those making basis! All example pics and bases here are © of their owners.
And as well, remember to put anda completed Bases in the proper catigories! If anda made a base for other's to use, it goes in photos. And those anda have used, it goes in fanart!"
"Okay- sex relaited bases are definately for different crowds. It's not really desired in some cases, but if you make some, try to make them respectful. ((Base of shadow759))
"It's not entirely encouraged to make a base from a scene or TV show shot, but like Sunnythewolf09's base here, it still can be used for reference."