merlin on bbc Calling all Merlin fan - Possible Convention

tracy127 posted on Jan 07, 2011 at 07:54PM
Hey we are a mother and daughter who are thinking about setting up a convention group, but before we start organising the convention and inviting actors and booking hotels we would like a little help from you the fans...
please copy the following and fill it in then post it. all posts will be helpful for us to know what our customers want...

If you attended who would you attend with or would you come alone?

What conventions would you attend? (please list your favourite shows)

What actors would you most like to meet? (from tv shows not films)

What would you expect to pay for the following package??
-a convention pack containing photos, info on company and actors, schedule, map of venue ect
-access to stage talks with the actors ask them any questions you want
-attend themed party's
- receive a autograph from each actor (we give you the photo and you queue up and get it signed personally!)
-a group photo of yourself and all the attending actors
-access to venders room (shops selling merchandise)

£ per Person. (please be reasonable)

Would you add anything else to the above? (Keep it clean ladies....!lol)

Where Do you live? (eg bristol, england- this is so we know where would be the best place to hold a convention)

How far would you be willing to travel to a convention?

Anything else you'd like to add....

Thankyou for your time
MTS Events
xx
We are hoping to be up and running by September 2011 and hopefully holding a merlin convention.
ps if you would like to hear from us once we are up and running and be first to get your hands on some ticket please pm me the following
your name
e-mail address
conventions you'd attend
and where you live

merlin on bbc 20 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu newbetomfan said…
cool
dident read any of dat lol! but it look wierd lol i wana say some thing RANDOM! and cool.. CAUSE I'M COOL ALREADY AND I WANNA SPELL COOL RONG 4 ONECE LOL LOL!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu woofey said…
Hiya, I hope there can be a merlin convention! <3
I dunno if your still doing this, but i think it's a great idea! I live in cumbria (30 mins from lancaster) and have been hoping to go to a convention for a few years, but they're always in london or abroad! so, i think if htere was going oto be a merlin convention that was held so more people could go, it should be further up north in england, because then it's not as far for scottish and the northeners from england and wales to go ;) hehe - London's quite far :(

If i could go, I'd probably bring a few friends and I wouldn't mind travelling for 2 hrs, 3 at max because I'd have to go home the same day depending on times:)

The actors I'd most like to see are - colin morgan, Bradley james, eoin macken, katie Mcgrath and Alexander Vlahos :D xx
lebih dari setahun yang lalu heartmerlin2 said…
Wow this got lost in the mists of time a little bit! Don't know how this wasn't spotted! I think it's a great idea, whether the convention would be able to involve any of the cast or crew of the show I am a little doubtful. However I'm up for anything. If you're still thinking about this then I'll be happy to fill in the rest, but her are a few;
. I'd probs bring a few friends
. That package sounds amazing!
. I live in Sound East England, and am unable to travel far due busy schedule (hence why I've never been to the London one). But one in Northern England/Scotland would be great for those who find it rather impossible to get down to London. :)
sad
like i sid before, I would love this, and i was thinking that not many would get to see this, (only because it's not certain and fanpop's a big site! ) so i thought what about if it gets up n going on twitter or facebook? - eoin macken and tom hopper hosted a 'cold convention' (sadly i couldn't go :(
heart
- carying on (sorry bout tht) and i know eoin macken n tom hopper r famousn have loads of fans willing to help them, but what about if we could get the message spread? I'm sure if a few of the cast saw how many fans supported them nd if it could be arranged, they would at least try to come (hopefully).
- also, there was a question at the 'cold' convention about if there would be another melin convention and there was a lot of support from fans then, so people are defintley wanting a merlin convention and as i was following the 'cold' convention (some vids of Q&A on youtube n twitter updates) - i relised that there were lots of people that couldn't attend beause it was too far way etc. so my guess is that if there was a convention in more of the north of england, there would be lot of support ( sorry for the ramble :/ )

xoxox
lebih dari setahun yang lalu theduckknight said…
smile
that would be amazing! i would probably go with my family, or with my gran who loves Merlin too :) but yeah, as some people have said, the fact that most of the fans aren't on here and also the location is a problem, and getting the cast and production involved too. but i would deffinitely be up for it if its still possible!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu tracy127 said…
smile
Thank you for your replys we did try to set a an unofficial Merlin convention last year and had some of the cast willing to attend Tom Hopper and Rupert Young also Caroline Faber who played Merlins mother and David Durham who played Qwens father. Also Anthony Head was interested in attending but unfortunately was busy. The event was going to be held at Birmingham hilton hotel as we felt it was in a central location near the airports bus/coach and train stations and also has a large car park making it easily accessible to everyone. However we had to cancel the event as we didn't get enough ticket sales to cover the cost of setting it up and also ended up a little out of pocket ourselves after refunding tickets that had been sold. We would like to try and set up the event again but as you can imagine we are a little reluctant once bitten and all that. So what we suggesting is this we will set up a web page with a members forum and post a link on here feel free post the link anywhere you think it will reach merlin fans. anyone interested in attending the event can join the members forum if we get enough people join and willing to buy tickets we will attempt to set up the event again.
Many thanks again for your interest and support.
Tracy and Tara
Y
OMG! i heaard about the birmmigham convetion (but it was too late) :( - i can't believe you'd managed to get all that organised! well done! that must have been really hard! - but i think if a web page is set up, more people will find out about it, and i could post a link on 'merlinlocations.com' - which is visted by alot of merlin fans and also has a list of events that the cast are doing :)

I think it's great what you r doing and i don't balme you for being reluctant, but I'd be more thn happy to help get support for u :D xxx
Hi sorry would also just like to say that mts conventions already has a Facebook page and a twitter account but not many members or followers.
Thanks again for all your support
Tracy and Tara
whats mts convetions? x
smile
Also, do you have a website or were u thinking or making one? xx and IF this does go head (fingers crossed it can be done :) ) and theres a couple of actors/actresses that will come, most of them have twitter and from what i cn gather r really good wiv fans and cud probs spread the word aswell, most of them hve over 10,000 followers xxxx
Mts conventions would of been the name of our company if the last one had gone ahead. We did have a web site but shut it down as we didn't think we would looking into this again as we didn't get enough interest in the last one and had to cancel. We will set it back up in the next few days and post a link on here. Hopefully if we can get it going again the stars of the show interested in attending will help spread the word. Also mts stands for meet the stars.
Tracy and Tara.

thts cool :) once the link is up i could post the link to a couple of websites that i know have lots of merlin fans that visit it, also do u have a twitter acount? to post it up on or did u shut it dwn? xx
The twitter account and Facebook page are still running I have just posted a tweet and am going to put the link on for the website as soon as we get in up and running again hopefully this will be done by the weekend. If could post the link anywhere you think it would get interest that would be really great. Thank you again for your interest and help
Tracy and Tara
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
smile
thts gd, I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest :) and i'm just happy i could help really :) good luck! xx
Hi guys
We have now got the website back up and running and here is the link as promised
Once again we would like to say a big thank you for all your help and support.
Tracy and Tara.
www.mtsconvetionscompany.webs.com
cool website :) but I'm a bit confused by the information, is that still the old dates ('november 2011) or is it meant to be 2013? xx - it wud be amazing if it could happen in august, but it all depends on the actors I suppose :) xx
smile
Hi the August 2011 was the original dates for 2011 but we moved it novermber in the hope that it could still go ahead we will remove. Thanks for your feed back it really appreciated. If there is anything else you think is missing or is there and needs removing please let's us know.
Tracy and Tara
ok :) just got confused xx
laugh
Hi we have now removed the ticket prices. If anyone thinks there is something there that should not be or something is missing please let's us know and we will do our best to put them right.
Many thanks for all your help and support.
Tracy and Tara