how i met your mother COULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER! Episode discussion *possible spoilers* Season 5 Episode 1

germany123 posted on Sep 20, 2009 at 09:52PM
i know this is a bit early but woooohoooo im sooooo excited its back i had to make a forum already!

now thanks to people on this spot i know FAR more aboot episode 1 than i wanted to- but nothing will ruin that glorious moment when the episode has loaded..i click play..and the music starts AND THEY ARE BACK!!!!!
AWESOMENESS SQUARED!!!

how i met your mother 28 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nphfan said…
i still don't know anything. i'm excited, too!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Jennifer1985 said…
I was aboot to watch the promo earlier today, but when the vid started buffering *hmm that seems so familiar from last night* I stopped. So I didn't get quite much, just one sentence. I think I'm gonna leave it that way and wait until the premiere... I haven't set my expectations too high but I hope for some nice surprises *keeping fingers crossed*.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu germany123 said…
big smile
im meeting a friend to watch it- i wonder though if i get off work early..i MIGHT have to watch it immediately :P ill have to watch it more than once anyway!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ladolcevita said…
I still don't know anything, and I was contemplating waiting the 3 extra months for it to air in HD over here, but then I had to stop myself. (I try not to speak crazy talk)
surprise
THREE MONTHS? no one has THAT much self control
lebih dari setahun yang lalu marwi said…
worried
I'll have to wait 'til Saturday to watch it :(
worried
why, marwi? you cant watch it online?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu oblix said…
when watching it i couldn't eat my breakfast cake .. i had just curled up in a ball and squeed for the half hour... so i'm off to watch it again, I'll join the discussion when i'm not the only one here.
cloudy
Hmm... I might watch it again as well. I'm not quite sure aboot my opinion on this yet. One can say the premiere felt for me like an average HIMYM episode.

My current thoughts:

• For now the Barney and Robin thing feels wierd...
• What's the deal with tuxedo night? Barney wears suits all the time and Ted usually refuses to suit up so why then do they have tuxedo nights?
• Jason has to get a hair cut again
sunny
Alright, after watching the episode a second time I first have to say I shouldn't watch HIMYM when being still half asleep... My judging then is somehwat compromised.

My Likes

• In general the episode was funny, not hilarious but HIMYM-average-funny, which is still good
• Prof(f)essor Mosby/T-Dog - Don't call me T-Dog I don't know, just cracked me up
• Door-Five
• Little Barney
• Marshall and the whip - classic Marshall
• Tuxedo Night, despite of what I said above

My Dislikes

• Robin/Barney - It's not so much of a dislike, it just feels wierd because I don't know where this is leading...

Oh I take that comment aboot Jason's hair cut back. When I said it I thought of the Emmy pics...
So concluding I think the episode was great, not awesome but great. I'm already looking forward to next week though I have a rough idea of the general story line *salutes*...
heart
im actually at work lol- but there was a break and i could see it!
i didnt like the barney and robin having to make oot in front of everyone thing- gosh slutt robin bugs me!
also i didnt like how lily was so super persistent aboot defining the relationship, she was starting to bug ME actually lol.
i agree it was okay there were a few laughs nothing very special. ill watch it again tonight though and come back with more
going along with jens neat listing of likes and dislikes

what i didnt like

*since when is "wooing" accepted? lily has an indoor "woo"? i thought we werent "woo" girls!?
*slutty robin going coocoo over brads sixpack
and the general bobin focus
*over all it seemed so sitcommy! dream sequence??? marshall having a pancake and bacon ready within seconds? its all getting so convenient..i wish they would challenge us more!

what i liked
*lily in bed with the icecream..it was a bit OTT but still cracked me up when she listed all the "couple" things they would have done together
*robin and barney having a safe word =P
*ted high pitched "thank youuuuuuuu"
ooh i like the lsting:

♦Bobin happening (also see dislikes)
♦The whip and hat
♦Tuxedo night

Dislikes
♦Bobin;
☺happening too soon
☺Focus of the episode (there secret should have been more so for longer)
♦amount of jokes lapsed (i thought so)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Ok I normally have a huge long list for here but I am going to watch it again when I come home tonight and judge properly although I will probably just agree with what was said here ^

Woo girls
I knooow! Its another one of those bad continuity (sp?) issues.
like Barneys driving skills?
What I liked
Lilys crying over her ice cream
Barneys amen before he realised she was talking aboot Bobin.
Brad. I like Brad. Not just because he has a six pack. I just like him =D
Rules for girls and gremlins
Professor with one f or two? =D
The random way Ted says Thank you after he says He will take questions at the end of the class.

What I disliked
The whip (Although Marshall getting hit was amusing)
Prettty much everything that wasn't under my likes column =P
Lily sort of reaaally annoyed me in this ep but in the last line, I liked her =S No idea why

Favourite Lines
God, you just get me!
You can't knock her up cos it's a dream!
Lily, private convo time!
Wow, hey, headlights deer!
I'll punch a baby, I dont care!
Good morning. Sup dudes. SILENCE!
T-dog. Do not call me T-dog!
Random Thoughts
I dont believe that Cobie & Alyson both had babies, they look way too hot.
Is the New York Rangers kiss cam real?
How can Ted teach at college? Does he not need to like go to college and learn to be a student before he cn teach others?
How much do you love NPH?
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
big smile
Yes, just like barneys driving skills! I dont mind that they dont say anything in the show but I wish the mentioned it in like an interview or something. Also why Ted apparently has a letter from Stellas house in his house in 2030 =D
I'm only 8 minutes through the epi, but did anyone else notice Robin give that hockey player the finger when she was screaming at him?

[more thoughts later]
I know, nobody likes a Ted but just so you can get back to sleeping tight at night again, Sualey... I think there actually was an interview in which CC said Barney can drive now it's just aboot he's evolving his driving skills like talking himself oot of a ticket etc. wait for it...

*searching*...

"Can Barney drive?

Yes. It's hard to go back to this, but that scene took place in the past. In the Fiero episode, what we were seeing was a flashback to before that. We established that he had a BMW at the end of season one. Barney can drive. He was just a late learner. I'm sure if you put that (in this interview), someone will find a way to prove me wrong. We had that discussion, but it felt like it fits. We had stuff in (last week's) episode that we had to cut out for time where Barney talks about how he didn't start driving until late. So he was learning new things about driving like you can talk your way out of the speeding tickets."

link

If someone wants to read the whole intverview =) I can't guarentee it's 100% spoiler free though (didn't look for that).

♥ Oh and as for the love of NPH question I just have to jump in and say there's nothing in the world that can describe the love for NPH ♥
heart
ooh great article jen!

I dont believe that Cobie & Alyson both had babies, they look way too hot.
honestly..and im a girl..i noticed their boobs,lol! its all that breast milk..but seriously i was like WHOA cleavage!!

Is the New York Rangers kiss cam real?
you scare me sometimes..the scene comes up and i think.."hmm i wonder if they really have that"

How can Ted teach at college? Does he not need to like go to college and learn to be a student before he can teach others?
yeah it would be some sort of guest lecture/assistant professor? but im guessing they call it professor cause it sounds better than "douchy unexperienced guest lecturer" much like "judge" sounds better than "voter counter upper"- just a general term for someone who teaches at uni.
How much do you love NPH?
it goes NPH
democracy
the scene in "every which way but loose" where the monkey gives the guy the finger *nod* true story
Yeah, awesome article.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu campluv98 said…
it was very average but overall i hated it b/c it was average. it made me mad that they got them together i mean they were fun to ship when they werent together but idk its soo freaking weird now.i just dont like it at all.it should have happened way later in the season.i mean i like their fics but now that they're actually togheter its just weird i hate how the WHOLE show is becoming about them now.its ridiculous and stupid.i like ted now more than i did last season bc Brotps becoming a nussance and bore.i do think trhat it seems weird that he can teach i mean shouldnt he go back to school for a degree in that??idk.but i like marshall an d lilly but not were they're going either.i mean it just seems repative,their behavior does.i also like Marshall probally the most not just b/c he's the only one whose stuck to himself.hopefully it'll get better:).byes<33
hmmm
oooh i needed to say this..

my favorite TV show, Lois and Clark the new adventures of superman (which happens to be on my telly at the moment) got canceled after series 4 because ratings dropped once Lois and Clark hooked up and got married (maybe not in that order). That show was built upon the sexual tension between the 2, then when they got together in the 2nd season....WAAAAAAAYYY tooo soon the show was still fun but never had the same spice.
I'm not saying the same thing will happen in this case at all as lois and clark was only really based on the 2.. and we know HIMYM isn't all bobin, although ever since 'the goat' it's become a topic in HIMYM.

Alll i'm saying is that it was too soon for them and may ruin their relationship, the group and change the spice of the show.

(sorry complete rant at 11pm whilst i'm pretty ill and veeerry tired i'll look tomorrow to see how much sense this made)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu SabrinaRocks said…
That Was One The Funniest Episodes Of How I Met Your Mother Ever.The Beat Part Was When Lilly Locked Barney And Robin In Their Room And She Wouldn't Let Them Come Out Until The had The Talk.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu CalantheRose said…
I honestly hated Bobin this episode... WHY GOOOOOD, WHYYYYY!!!!!?????? THE CHEESE! IT BURNS! [/caps]
I'm gonna dump Bobin and adopt MarshMallow/LilyPad as my OTP after this one! I can't believe I loved Bobin so much, then it died after The Talk.
Buuut... it was an OK episode, I guess. My favourite part was the Prof/Proffesor bit- I loved the girl in the audience shaking her head and nodding XD
big smile
I'm gonna dump Bobin and adopt MarshMallow/LilyPad as my OTP after this one!

ah welcome to my world, lol
ah welcome to my world, lol [2]
Marshall & Lily FTW! =D
:D yeah