how i met your mother WWBD vs WWJD... plus TSHIRTS!

MrsB1017 posted on Mar 26, 2012 at 09:01PM
I live in the bible belt... well sort of the metropolitan area of the bible belt, so people are pretty familiar with the WWJD (what would Jesus do) acronym. It's everywhere, bumper stickers, bracelets, neon road signs, which is pretty surprising considering I thought the WWJD boom was kind of 10 years ago.

Anywho. I fancy myself a crafty lady so last year my sis and I made matching WWBD (What would Barney do) shirts. Every once in a while I get the thumbs up from an old lady in the super market who misreads it as WWJD and I just smile. Every once in a while a HIMYM fan will give me a sly wink because they know what's up.

YESTERDAY I had a man at Walmart (the shame) notice it and actually ask me what I stood for. I told him and he asked "Like the purple dinosaur". I had to chuckle and explain that it was from the TV show HIMYM. His friendly look quickly faded as he quietly whispered "that's the one with the queer right? You should be ashamed of comparing a heathen like that to our Lord and Savior." If looks could kill I'd be in prison.

FIRST of all no one is comparing Barney to Jesus. That amount of Awesomeness could never be contained.

SECOND of all. Screw you old man. Here's a link where you can all buy your very own WWBD gear.

link

xox

B

how i met your mother 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MrsB1017 said…
surprise
I'm so outraged I'm posting this on all the HIMYM forums I belong to... I should purchase a billboard with an image of NPH dressed as Jesus just to piss people off >:0