harry potter vs twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

harry potter vs twilight 54807 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 701-750 of 54807

lebih dari setahun yang lalu LoveforSeverus said…
haropuff95 i'm in Bellatrix's Army. It will be about 2 months before i get into Order of The Potter!

ParamorePotter we need all the help we can get!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu LilysLittleTwin said…
ParamorePotter: Sure, but only if I can bring one too.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Hmm... well, we can do with some other Muggle equipment. Like... MACHINE GUNS! Oo yeah! =D =D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DracoFanGirl said…
LoveDraco: Isn't that how they killed the Dark Lord in "Trouble at Hogwarts"? XD

Anyway, I'll be off soon.
Oh, and jsut saying, I recored Severus saying "No, he belongs to the Dark Lord." On my cell phone. i hear THAT everytime someone calls me.
DracoFanGirl: Yeps, that's what happened. I'm jealous now -_- grrr...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEVERUS TOBIAS SNAPE!

lebih dari setahun yang lalu LadyLilith said…
Btw, when IS Professor Snape's birthday? I've looked and looked and looked for it. I know Alan Rickman's birthday, but not my favorite teacher's unfortunately. :(
Crap, somewhere I heard that it was January 1st, it's January 9th. I checked.
Really? Where's it at? I've been looking for ages. Do you think it's accurate? (Not accusing you or anything.)
link Right at the top there. I think it's accurate. It'd better be! *shakes fist and growls*
I know. I think we have a right to know when at least most of our beloved characters' birthdays are! Hmm...I'm considering even trying to email J.K. Rowling herself. If just to know when Professor Snape's birthday is. XD
OMS, isn't that a bit...extreme? *thinks it over* No...you're right, it's not. XD
1360. The surprise villains. Spoilers, right up ahead.
Quiranius Quirrel- DADA teacher, Dumbledore would never let any Death Eater teach. WRONG. P-P-Poor s-s-stuttering Professor Quirrel was the evil guy.
Gilderoy Lockhart- We're on the alert for evil teachers and JKR knows it. What's her solution? Make the next one a lying, ego-centric biggot, not evil.
Remus Lupin- Our alerts are now higher than ever. So finally, here comes a good-guy right? Minusthefactthathe'sawerewolf.
Barty Crouch Jr.- Out alerts are now calmed by two non-D.E DADA teachers in a row. JKR jumps on that and makes this one be a phony OotP member when he's really a D.E.
Dolores Umbridge- Not much to say, she's so good she's evil.
I'm not counting the others since one is already a character and Dumbledore's dead and the other's a Death Eater so...yeah.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu haropuff95 said…
big smile
1361.Twilight director have heard about Harry Potter while Harry Potter director said he never heard about Twilight before the movie came out.yay to that!!:D

1362.movie fans who don't read both novels say HP is sucker because the movie is crapper than its novel.While they say Twilight is better because its movie is better than the novel!its true,I've asked the boys from my class about their opinion about HP & Twilight movies.When I told them about Fred & George's "graduation",Umbridge-itis,Skiev­ing Snack,Battle of Ministry,break into Gringgots & stuffs,their expressions were:"whoa!its a waste they didn't put thats in the movies!we wanna see that!" & when I told them about Twilight:the pedophile,teen pregnancy,lust obsession,monster burst from the stomach,happily ever after ending & stuffs,they go:"crap!we never thought the story's as sick as that!"

1363.My country's main English newspaper ranked Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 at sixth in the Top 10 Picks(movies)of 2O1O,Twilight Saga:Eclipse at seventh!buhu! you lost just behind us!

1364.even the journalist who made the list admitted that "adults will find nothing to like about the Saga" & "tweens & love-struck teenagers will stop at nothing just to see their poster boys(Rob Pattz & Taylor Lautner)",yes!I'm glad there's still a journalist in the newspaper that has common sense of sane!:D
haropuff95 i know right?
LadyLilith i checked too and it IS January 9th. I read some where it was the 1st... hmmm... but either way.
Not that i care (or yes i do but) when is AR's bday? Isn't he turning 64 this year?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ParamorePotter said…
smirk
Everyone who asked me- I'll sharpen the chainsaw, yes you can bring some also.

Just saying,,,, This is pathetic. r we really going to go and murder her? Sorry, my common sense is coming out.
cool
Why not, Paramore Potter? Why not? She murdered the sense and intelligence of our whole generation- it can't hurt to kill one person if we can bring humanity back to the world. xD
lebih dari setahun yang lalu GoldenMoon said…
1365. Harry Potter transport: Flying car, hypogriff, thestrals, broomsticks, flying motorbike (hagrid) Twilight transport? A Volvo. What sounds more exciting to you?

1367. They snack on Granola Bars in Twilight and everyflavour beans in HP!

smile
lets try hit 2000! Come on HP fans we can do it.
I agree with LoveDraco! and GoldenMoon post some that i could branch off of because i'm so confused about what has/hasn't been posted yet!
1368: The fact that we'll email Rowling to learn the character's birthdays. XD

I'm drawing my Patronus at the moment. Sadly, it is not a doe. It's a fox.

And we are most certainly gonna murder her! But first, we need to toture her. We need someone who knows Legilimency to hack into her mind. Then we need to kill her...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu potterrox said…
1369: That we will read HP again and again and each time find something new. I've read those books countless times and each time and they never get old.
Yup. I re-read parts of them, or the whole book again.
dracofangirl: but the trouble with reading parts is get sucked in and read the whole book again.
1370: Bella takes Jacob for a ride and he still loves her. come on they actually made out and then she totally rejects him. YET HE STILL LOVES HER. when is karma going to catch u with this girl?
1371: HP is known by loads of people, before the movies came out. I didn't know Twilight exsisted until the movie. And people only liek it because of the hot guys! Please, we have Rob Pattinson too! Twilight fans only watch GoF makes "Edward" is in it.
1372: Harry Potter makes readers care. The deaths of Dobby,Fred , and Snape almmost made me cry because i feel like I knew them. Twilight doesnt come close.
1373. You can actually relate to and care about the characters. I DID cry whenever any character died because it felt like they were somehow a little part of me! And whenever Severus said "Always." I UNDERSTAND how he must feel! THATS TRUE LOVE!

and DracoFanGirl I'm a Legilmens. I'll show her all the things that make her cry and scream.
See, I am too (and a Death Eate,trying to learn Parseltounge) so i could help...
Yes, Severus's "Always" is heartbreaking. He never stopped loving Lily, despite her choosing James. Snape's love for Lily goes waaay deeper than the lust bella and edward have. He never says he loves her like bella and edward, (who actually compete about who loves the other more!!!) but you just know. JKR doesn't need to spell everything out.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mimifaith said…
1374. Harry Potter doesn't have people who stalk other people... or anything remotely perverted!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mimifaith said…
1375. People have said that Twilight is better because it's more realistic, but how many people do you know that marry at 18 to someone they've known for like, what? one year? two years?
AHH! A somewhat disturbing 1376 coming up...right...now -->

1376. There are actually Voldemort fangirls. Unless it was some weird delusion of mine. Thus proving that looks aren't everything. I mean, have you SEEN that guy? I don't mean to offend anybody but... I hope you mean Tom Riddle. He's not that bad to look at. But that's beside the point! But so we can have something to stare at, I will include a link to photobucket. My original plan was to include a picture, but I couldn't find any that they would let me upload here. Sowwy.

link
This is a totally random statement in this conversation, but to answer LoveForSeverus' question earlier, Alan Rickman's birthday is February 21st, 1946. So yush, he is turning 64. He is one sexy-ass grandpa.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu codyisanhpfan said…
im a very very hardcore fan of HP and im a twilight hater and I just got pissed today when a twilight fan told me to kill myself for not liking twilight. okay?? aren't they just rabid...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu codyisanhpfan said…
1378. Harry Potter's better because the author's better. It's based on the authors, JKR is the BEST and I LOVE HER!!! Smeyer--she's totally a rip off... Anne Rice is the greatest vampire novelist, she should really stop trying to be like her, she doesnt impress me at all... :))
lebih dari setahun yang lalu haropuff95 said…
LoveDraco123:nice point,lol.

LilysLittleTwin:ah,indeed disturbing.I'm a Voldie fangirl myself even when he's a baldie...

codyisanhpfan:aah,poor you.have u told her;"why do you expect me to jump off a cliff just because you told me to do so?"
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ParamorePotter said…
big smile
1379. In HP 5, when harry was trashing dumbledore's office and dumbledore was trying to calm him down, I was bawling. That happened several other times. You can grow sooooooooo close to the characters. I wish they were real. Who wants bella, a whiny whore, real? who wants a sparkling vampire fairy unicorn stalker real?
cool
Oo, does anyone believe in telepathy here? Because I know someone who is a telepath. =| Call me crazy, I didn't believe him either until he proved it to me by telling me exactly what I think. Freaky much? So yes, we have a true Legilmens on our side! =D

1380. The fact that I have seen every Harry Potter movie countless times and that I fell asleep during New Moon... in the cinema. =|
codyisanhpfan thats messed up!!
LadyLilith he doesn't LOOK like hes 64! omg!
LilysLittleTwin I was a Voldie fangirl untill he told Nagini to kill Severus
potterrox THANK YOU!
DracoFanGirl how's your Parseltounge going? I just learned to say "go f*** yourself Twilight fans"

1381. The fact that you actually want to REREAD the books! I was watching the scene at Spinners End on the HBP movie and once it was over I was like "i wanna read about it" so i did! And back when i was a Twilight fan I dreaded rereading ANY of the books!

1382. How do people choose between team Jacob or Edward? It's VERY obvious the ENTIRE time (as in ALL of the books) that she's going to pick Edward so i really don't see the point in wasting our time fighting over the obvious!
1383: HP makes me laugh. Fred and George are hysterically funny and when I read twilight nothing funny ever happens with the possible exeption of when james tries to kill Bella.

if you want even more reasons that twilight is utterly ridiculous google "i want to beat edward cullen with a stick" and click on the first link (young writers society) its possibly the funniest thing ive ever read.
LoveforSeverus- can you teach me how to say that in parseltounge?
potterrox Of course i can! and How did she count that "References to Edward's Beauty: 165" because i looked up the Beat with a Stick thing on google
cool
1384. Harry would never do anything to hurt Ginny, and vice versa. Whereas Bella will put Ed through suffering just so she can be with him. Even when Ed says that he would hate it is she was a vampire, she still wanted to do it because thats what she wanted. Call that love? Bella's not in love. She's just obsessed.

1385. Harry lets Ginny fight because he believes in her. Edward tells Bella to let him do it and says she will get into trouble. he has no faith in her. Thats not a true relationship!
heart
1386. Twilight fans have teams (Team edward team jacob) What the hell? Harry Potter fans love all the characters even the evil ones.(Yes, Voldie is awesome, just bcause he's an HP character!)HP fans dont need teams because we wouldn't turn against our favourite characters! How can you like a book if you hate half of the characters??
lebih dari setahun yang lalu VMars4ever said…
smile
Don't know if it's been said before, but...

1387. Harry Potter can be read by any gender, at any age. Twilight is mostly a tween girl's book.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ljsb said…
laugh
4 those of u that like twilight you're right it's awasome. Not like harry potter it's just 2 boring and i hate it!!!!
cool
ljsb, you just don't know what you've gotten yourself into... =| Got a reason to back up your statement 'cause if you don't....
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DarkSarcasm said…
I haven't had time to read more than a few pages of the forum, so I apologize if these have been done before. I hope to finish reading it later & make adjustments if these are repeats.

1388. Harry Potter actors are respected, not stalked.

1389. Harry Potter fans have yet to ruin other media for me (for example, any movie Kristen or Rob ever does will be a fangirl explosion. Pass.)

1390. HP transports readers to a whole new world - everything from the food to the creatures is different than what most of us are used to. Twilight? Just some little hick town in Washington. Been there, done that.

1391. Thousands of Harry Potter fans are still waiting for their Hogwarts acceptance letters. How many people are waiting for an acceptance letter to Forks High or the University of Alaska?

1392. Weasley pranks > ...wait, were there even any pranks in Twilight? Other than "I rites gud noval.. April Fool's! This was a work of fanfiction from my neighbor's daughter. And you idjits bought it. I bet you're feeling smart now!"

1393. When's the last time a Harry Potter fan was on the news for physically harming someone who disagreed with them?

1394. Supernatural government. Would you rather have an elected official (even though it's Fudge/Scrimgeour/Thicknesse) or some old creepy bloodsuckers that have been around for three thousand years?

1395. Not a huge fan of the HP movies because of all the stuff that got left out, but they're still better than Twilight. Why? The directors that have worked on HP movies are professionals. Twilight looked like a crappy indie movie, not an epic blockbuster. Good job, Hardwicke. [/sarcasm]

1396. Even when Dan, Rupert & Emma were like 11 years old, they were still better actors than Pattinson or Stewart.

1397. The Harry Potter movies stayed true to its British roots - all the actors who playing British characters, are British. Twilight had actual Native Americans (some Quileutes) at first, then replaced them for some unknown* reason.
(*they wanted more abs to show off)

ljsb, maybe if you learned to read first, you wouldn't find Harry Potter so boring. =)
ljsb i would like to see your reasoning behind that statement.
ljsb- We've heard this before. You're entitled to your opinion but please back it up with evidence.

1398: The HP world has weird little quirky things like empty gloves twiddling their thumbs, clocks that show where people are, and photos that move. Twilight's world is mundane and ordinary (exept for the weird consentration of supernatural creatures in forks)
LoveforSeverus: At the moment, i'm learning Mrs. weasley's famous line:
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
ljsb: *whips out wand* Back up your wands, won't you? I just so happen to know the Imperius Curse...

1399: (supported) Voldie fangirls, yes VOLDIE FANGIRLS. We're living proof that looks don't count. But back when he was Tom Marvolo Riddle, he was something to look at. (No complaints there!)

1400: The actors/actresses have good times while filming! Meanwhile some of the Twilight people look like they want to go home, crack open a soda, and watch some HP movies....

Goblet of Fire:
Something amusing happened...
 LoveforSeverus: At the moment, i'm learning Mrs. weasley's famous line: "NOT MY DAUGHTER, anda BITCH!