halloween Is halloween Dead?

epic-LoVe posted on Oct 27, 2007 at 03:22PM
Halloween is my favourite holiday and I've always loved it for the great movies and episodes of tv shows that are on around then... but this year, it seems to me, the halloween spirit is dead! On TV there are no halloween movies... unless you count one Halloweentown High at about 8am! This is only in Ireland and so I cant speak for any other country, but, from the TV listings we get from the UK, it seems to be the same over there! I intended to confront the head of TV in RTE about it but, as my mam has told me that one teenager's 'petty worries' wont be significant to him, I've decided to rally the troops...so, if you're Irish, or notice and are worried about the demise of my favourite holiday, please join me in my complaint to help me bring Halloween back to life!

halloween 7 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dazl said…
I'm with you!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu epic-LoVe said…
Thanks... glad to know I'm not the only one.

i was just thinking - I remember when I was small kids were everywhere trick-or-treating and last year when I was giving out sweets, I only had about 5 groups of people come to my door!!!
Its sad that we live in an age where people can't even let their kids out for fear of something bad happening to them.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mrvee said…
I can't identify with what it's like in another country, but we have had some very 'small' halloweens in the last decade. It seems to be making a come-back though. More adults are celebrating, more stores are stocking decorations, and more parents are actually going out with their kids trick or treating. It seems like it's becoming a holiday that everyone can enjoy.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DrDevience said…
It is just beginning to gain popularity in Sweden... which pleases me greatly because it was all but ruined by Urban Myths and paranoid fear mongers in the US.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mammamia100 said…
i live in the us so there's a whole bunch of holloween stuff on tv
lebih dari setahun yang lalu l3371 said…
eeh, I agree that I can't relate to other kids in different countrys.I guess in America its a bigger deal here.:P
lebih dari setahun yang lalu 18wanda said…
Halloween is not dead. It is the same. The best thing you can do for this problem is to throw a Halloween party this year. It really brings up spirit! I have already thrown one this year. Hay rides are the best entertainment.