Female Ass-Kickers Lars von Trier's "Antichrist" and Misogyny

Cinders posted on Mar 18, 2010 at 07:04AM
A boring forum title for such a provocative, twisted film. I didn't like it, but I won't deny that it was interesting.

I was wondering if anyone here has seen it, and what they thought about what it said about women. After I watched it, the internet told me that several had branded the flick as misogynistic. While I can see that perspective, I don't think the film was particularly kind to the male lead (Willem Dafoe, who played "He" according to IMDB) any more than it was to the female lead (Charlotte Gainsburg - "She"). I think both characters were shown in less-than-flattering lights, although I must admit, She was a lot more crazy than He was, and She said some pretty bad thing about women being evil by nature. But he was an arrogant prick, and I'm wondering if that was supposed to say anything about men's nature.

I feel like it's misogynistic, but I don't want to read it that way. Namely because I've seen (and own) von Trier's other flick, "Dogville" and loved it. But this movie was so... odd.

Anyways, what do you guys think, if you even saw it?

Female Ass-Kickers No balasa