eragon eragon the Movie- A Dissapointment?

luvrofedward posted on Dec 08, 2007 at 06:34AM
i really didnt like the movie. it was too short, left out a lot of details, it just made me mad.......grr.....

eragon 30 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu XpsychotickissX said…
agreed the only reason i didnt stand up & elave was because garrett hedlund was so f-ing hot as murtagh

casting garrett hedlund as murtagh was the only good thing abotu that movie
lebih dari setahun yang lalu luvrofedward said…
omg garrett hedlund is FINE! ha ha that made me happy as well. :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu chocolate92 said…
Definitely a dissappointment. Sooooooooooooo many things were left out and they dont even show the part when eragon gets the scar on his back from the shade's sword :-(

I also agree about garett hedlund HAWT! *faints* hehehe
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Kirsty said…
Totally agree but from what I've heard, people who didn't read the book really liked the movie.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu fakeemailwps said…
The movie was so bad, I couldn't stop laughing. Also, the people who hadn't read the book hated it too.
actually the really weird thing is that my friend read the book and loved the movie......so i guess its just personal preference.......big dissapointment in my opinion.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dannysgurl4eva said…
god..i wanted to see the movie but i thought i should read the book first.....i'm sorry i ever watched the movie....it SUCKED. they left out way to much and changed it around a bit, it annoyed the hell out of me!!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DarkSarcasm said…
I saw the movie when it first came to theaters, before I had read the books, and I liked it. Not too long ago, I read the books and rented a copy of the movie, and I saw how horrible it really was. It's screwed up on a Harry Potter level -- I take that back, it's worse. With Harry Potter, it's a known fact that the books are classified as children's books - and that's okay. One would expect a kid's movie to come from a kid's book. But Paolini's books were suited for a much more mature audience - and they made a kid's movie out of it. They dumbed it down and left way too much out - it was royally screwed. It's extremely disappointing, infuriating and even embarrassing.
[end rant. for now.]
really? u dont like the HP movies? i thought that they did farely well on them. they are definately entertaining to watch to me. Nothing like eragon....hot actors.....good book........HORRID movie
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DarkSarcasm said…
I was very disappointed in the Harry Potter movies... mainly because they screwed up the story and left so much out. It wasn't butchered like Eragon, but it was still pretty bad.
o ya, they did leave quite a lot of stuff out in the HP movies now that you say that....i was super mad that they didnt have quidditch in the last movie! i was like, I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu funnyshawna said…
grt. i was rlly dissappointed in the movie. i mean it was an ok movie if u havent read the book, but to me it was not that great.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu itsceleste said…
BIG time dissapointment. The movie sucked alot
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Char-latte said…
It was probably the WORST movie I have ever seen. The casting was terrible (besides Murtagh) and the effects were horrific, plus...They DID leave out alot of stuff from the also bad books. And I just HATED the guy who played Eragon. Eww. He was soo bad at acting. Not. Even. Funny.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu quartz said…
i hated it sssssssooooooooooo much and it suck sssssooooooooo hard that i almost got up and walk out of the movie theater when i went to watch it LOL
lebih dari setahun yang lalu XpsychotickissX said…
at 1 point roran was wearing JEANS!!!!!
it was horrible, i like harry potter movies even tho im obsessed with the books(well i hated 3 & 5), but on the brightside it looks like 6 isnt gonna be as bad, but teh eragon movie, it was just HORRIBLE, i hate it! you could put a different title on it & no one would know it was based on the book! GAH! the thign the bugged me the most was hor they showed eragon & arya being kinda romantic when in the book arya was like "thanks for saving my life & all, but get away from me little boy"gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! i could rant forever about the horribleness, btu dont wrry i wont :P
lebih dari setahun yang lalu natureprincess said…
i agree eragon the movie was so worse than the book
lebih dari setahun yang lalu snoznoodle said…
I re-watched it a couple of weeks ago because I thought, surely it couldn't be as bad as I thought. It was worse!

If you forget that it's based on a book for a moment and judge it simply as a movie, you'll see it's actually really bad. The dialogue is terrible! They had Jeremy Irons, an amazing actor, saying the most cliched lines I've heard.

And then you include all the twists on the storyline and it's probably the worst book adaptation I've seen.

I disagree with the people who said the Harry Potter movies are bad. The acting has improved dramatically to the point where I'm actually quite proud of Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint (not Emma Watson though *shudder*). Ootp was one of the best movies I've seen!

Eragon is on the other end of the scale, which is sad because it has the potential to be a terrific movie.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu SimplyLaurel said…
Eragon made MANY movie cricic's 10 worst movies of the year list. Getting on one is bad enough.

The bad thing is that some of the actors are quite talented, suck as Jeremy Irons. They threw away his potential to save the movie by destroying his part. Ed Speleers did as best he could, but they should have recasted him after they saw that he wasn't doing as good as he should have.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu r-pattz said…
The movie as horrible. They turned it into a boring, dumbed down version obviously aiming for a younger audience. The books are for young adult at least, but the movie seemed like a typical child's film.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Okami_Amaterasu said…
It's the worst book adaption I have seen so far!They seriously needed to think this film through. Which they didn't! They just ruined the whole concept of what the book is all about, and missing stuff out which was an important part of the story. I'm reading the books again, but I definatly won't be watching the film anytime soon.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilight4ever-4 said…
I haven't read the books but I like the movie. I might read Eragon this summer and compare it to the movie, Okay???!!!???!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu BlueBadger said…
hmmm
Okay, Eragon wasn't the worst movie I had ever seen, but it certainly wasn't the best, either. After reading the book, I had noticed a CRUDLOAD of changes in the movie. Mainly the important facts that were ignorantly left out, just to shorten the movie into an hour and a half. So far the only GOOD book-based movies I had ever seen are the Lord of the Rings movies. They are awesome, but, sadly, Eragon wasn't. I wonder if they'll make a movie based on Eldest...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Kell-N75 said…
Hey u guys, im new and i have hav to agree with pretty much all of u! The movie was a bad movie that was based of Eragon. The acting was bad even though some performances were better than others. Ex. Jeremy Irons and the guy who played Durza( i forget his name). Anyways, i highly believe they should remake this movie from scratch! That means gettin another studio to do the job and hiring a new director someone who has great movie history. But they should keep the director of Eragon because he made some really good special effects. And also fire sum actors and hire sum real actors that can take the mantle. But thats a whole new other forum!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu luvmurtagh33 said…
angry
I only watched the movie cuz of Garrett Hedlund....I luv him...and he was a GREAT Murtagh!!Also, Jeremy Irons wasn't too bad either...but as a whole...the movie was absolute crap!!

<3 murtagh!!
eragon 4 ever
go varden!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu luvmurtagh33 said…
The movie was only watchable because of Garrett Hedlund (Murtagh) *drool* and Jeremy Irons (Brom).........Garrett is sexy...!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilover052 said…
reasons y i didn't lik it:

1. his cuz didn't go to war in di book, he went to work far away so he cud marry katrina!

2.ayra was an ELF. u kno, the kind with POINTED EARS. + she has black hair.

3. where r the twins, orik, or the star-blessed child??

4. they didn't put murtagh in a cage at the varden!!! they gav him a great room with gaurds out-side di door.

5.where was di star saphire?? dat played a big part in di 1st, 2nd & 3rd book too.

6.di durza had no flyin thing wid him.

7.don't even get me stared on di Raz-ac.

8.y didn't they show the dragon caves at di varden?

9.they never mention angela!!!!!

10. where is his scar?

theres more. these r just the top 10.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu btflash said…
crying
i hated it. hated hated hated it!!!! i'm a big fan of the books, read all of them so far. but the move was BLECH!!!!! it made me cry from how bad it was!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu alicerox1 said…
heart
i hated it with all my heart. my friend, that didnt even read the book, said it was horrible. but i must admit that Murtagh is SEXYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu BubblesGoPop said…
THE MOVIE WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!! They did everything wrong, there was no Katrina, the way Brom died (R.I.P), Saphira having feathers not scales and Arya has black hair, green eyes and pointed ears. What about Gil'ead, how Eragon met Murtagh, where they spent their first night in the Varden, Elva, Eragon has no scar from Durza, the Raz'ac, the star sapphire and so much more. Geez how about everything. They should redo the movie.