Critical Analysis of Twilight A C.A.T. Scale

BlueBrooke posted on Mar 29, 2011 at 08:02AM
Okay, I was thinking about this today -- it might have already been done before -- and I thought I would add it. In my opinion C.A.T. needs to round out the amount of anti- and pro- evenly, so why not list the claims of both sides in a civil and productive way?
It's simple, post something you like or dislike about Twilight, and I mean the content, not whether or not Smeyer is actually writing her own fantasy or the (stereotype!) manic obsession of fan-girls. What goes on the scale is what's written in the book.
All of the points weigh exactly the same, and things can be on both sides of the scale at once.
So... Unless there are any more conflicts, we shall get started! :)
;) Let's see which side "weighs out."
_________________________________________­__

GOOD
~ Esme's personality and acceptance of Bella
~Edward's personality

BAD
~ Bella's sense of humor
~Edward's personality

_________________________________________­__
 Okay, I was thinking about this today -- it might have already been done before -- and I thought I wo
last edited on Apr 12, 2011 at 12:39AM

Critical Analysis of Twilight 4 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Dragonclaws said…
Good: Edward's dominating, stalkery personality is sexy. Bad: Edward's dominating, stalkery personality is problematic when portrayed as fitting an objectively ideal boyfriend.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of Twilight.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu spellpatronus said…
Bad: Edward is abusive
Bella is a Mary-Sue
She plays with people's feelings (jacobs)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Hermione12353 said…
good twilight films are nearly over
bad twilight
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Book-Freak said…
Good - The fact that Bella and Edward aren't sleeping together from the get go. They wait until their relationship has developed. (I dislike it that so many people just have sex, regardless of how much they know/like each other.

Bad - Bella is portrayed as a Mary Sue and (I think) a weak female character. Edward is controlling and manipulative. The human characters are never shown in a good light.