Childhood Animated Movie Characters Unpopular Opinions?

ace2000 posted on Aug 15, 2016 at 12:03PM
So I've seen this in the Disney Princess club and in the Random club and I thought it'd be nice to have it here - just submit your unpopular opinions about Childhood Animated Movie Characters. I trust everybody here is capable of respecting one another's opinions despite any expressed disagreements :)
last edited on Aug 15, 2016 at 12:03PM

Childhood Animated Movie Characters 10 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ace2000 said…
I don't really like Belle too much. She calls the townspeople "little people" and then asks her father why they don't like her. She doesn't seem aware that they have to work to feed their families; rather, she thinks they should read her fantasy books. Belle just generally comes off as extremely aloof, which I don't like.
wavesurf commented…
I agree with you. That's what has bugged me about the song "Belle" from the very first time I ever watched the movie. Belle and "the song sung in her name" characterize her as being snobbish towards her neighbors. Belle doesn't do any better when she first meets the beast, either. Belle has been at the middle-ish bottom of my daftar for years. She's never gotten any higher. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
WinterSpirit809 commented…
I agree, I like her but she's sorta snobbish, and is also sort of boring. Basically, she's okay, but not my favorite. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
Belle reminds me of a lot of disney fan (and audiences in general) themselves: privileged kids from sheltered, coddled homes who don't want for much and think anyone who doesn't share their interests is a dumb hick. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ajotma said…
hmmm
I don't really like Anastasia/Anya (the character). In a lot of polls and such she always seems to win as everyone's favorite even though no one really comments why. I find her too abrasive and she never gets called out for her behavior or learns from it. I know other people share this opinion, it just seems like Anya has so many Stans.
UnholyNoise commented…
Yeah I've never liked her - I hate how unnecessarily bitchy she is and how the movie constantly frames it as a good thing. (Strong Female Character Syndrome in general bugs me and she's one of the worst offenders.) As a kid I thought maybe there was something wrong with me because everyone else I knew adored her. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
ace2000 commented…
I used to like her but that was probably because I'd just seen the movie. Now it occurs to me that she's lebih snarky than she needs to be, and that Dimitri actually deserves better. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
Same. She has a bland personality and she's rude often for no reason. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu UnholyNoise said…
I'm sorry but I think Pixar is so overrated. The movies all have the same cheesy, forced cuteness, bland characters, overused odd couple roadtrip plot, and stale suburban wine mom humor. They get away with it because the animation is generally good, the concepts are interesting, and there's at least like ten solid minutes of emotional manipulation so you feel bad criticizing anything in them (looking at you, Up and Wall-E.)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I never really liked "I'll Make a Man Out of You". Shang's singing doesn't do it for me, but I also just don't think the song is very good in general.
owleyes1316 commented…
I completely agree with you. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Imma revive this forum by saying I don't think Honey Lemon is annoying, which is what most people seem to think IMO.
She does have sort of an overwhelmingly cheerful, gushy personality, but as long as she still possesses intelligence (basically, as long as she's not an airhead), and as long as she's a decent person towards other people, I have no problem with her :).
ajotma commented…
Yeah, she's okay :))) I kinda like her lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu thequirkyquail said…
I love the first Cars film. Everybody seems to hate it but I think it's a really sweet, fun, enjoyable film with awesome characters and a great message. Sure, it's not as innovative as other Pixar films plot-wise, but it's still a great film nonetheless and never understood all the unnecessary hate.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Lanalamprouge said…
For some reason i didn't really take to The Lego Batman movie. I think Robin was cute and laughed a couple times but by the end i didn't really have much to say about it. I just kinda forgot about it and when my attention was brought back I didn't really like it.
ajotma commented…
I didn't see the Lego batman film but I felt relatively neutral about the original Lego Movie. It was clever and fun and well-executed but I wasn't hyped about it. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Lanalamprouge said…
I'm actually not really liking the "meta humor" turn animated movies are taking. a quip here in there was little irritating but i got it was a joke. Now though it feels like the companies think that it's all it takes to be considered clever or subversive or whatever and I don't think its funny and takes gravitas out of some moments in movies. I like Moana but i HATE HATE when Maui just ruins her moment of pondering to say "if you start singing I'm going to throw up" If it'd been only one line like it I'd shrug it off but it happens like at least 3 times and GRAAH!!! it's not like i don't enjoy movies that rely on it A LOT as satire (lego movie) or have a few lines like it (moana) but I just really want them to...stop... it's like they're scared to take themselves seriously or are reveling in throwaway lines to pretend to be progressive (Frozen)
ajotma commented…
Yeah, Maui's little "fourth wall" breaks kinda annoy me too? And it seems like there's a lot of it in the WiR2 trailer so I'm not really excited about it. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AudreyFreak said…
I know it can be irritating to see Frozen fans overanalyze and squee over every detail in Frozen gifs, but it's equally irritating when Renaissance fans do it too, only that's generally considered the best era so nobody thinks they're annoying. People fawn over Mulan blinking or Anya being ~sassy or Ariel holding a fork and write paragraphs about how perfect they are. Why is that more annoying than what Frozen fans do? (I know this is the second time I've written about Ren fans but I recently had a bad encounter with one and over the years I've just seen them usually not be the most fun to engage with).
ajotma commented…
Yeah, I've noticed it with several movies. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ajotma said…
I saw a Tumblr anon from a couple weeks back hating on Héctor because he "abandoned his family" and was a "bad husband and father" and just a bad person, fully ignoring what happened to him when he TRIED to return home and that he spent 96 years trying to correct his mistake. I'm probably a little biased here because I love Héctor, but it seems like this person didn't watch the same movie as me and totally misconstrued his character.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu