Hi everyone! I\'m Izzie A, and this is my new blog dedicated to all things cosplay! I\'m still very much a student of sewing and crafting, and I\'d love to hear feedback on any of my creations! Thank you for stopping by! Happy crafting! :)
Basic Big Hero Six Questions Answered! WARNING: THERE MAY BE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT SPOILERS BELOW THE CUT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Hey guys! I’ve been getting a few questions concerning Big Hero 6! Here are some answers! If you have any questions, feel free to message me privately. :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my questions on BH6. I’ve been really looking forward to the film and the lack of info is killing me:
1) How are Hiro and Baymax’s relationship? Is their relationship the heart of the story? Do they remind you of another pair in movies, TV shows or anime?
2) What’s Hiro’s personality? Distant? Awkward? Sarcastic? Hot-headed? Also, do you know who voices him? If you can’t do that because of embargo, it’s totally fine but does his voice suit him and did his voice actor do a good job?
3) How are the other 4 heroes? Are they interesting or they the stereotypical teens where once a bully, the other’s a show-off, once a tomboy etc?
4) Who’s your favourite character in this film?
I was having a really hard time not knowing anything about “Big Hero Six” myself, HOWEVER I did go to a pre-screening of the entire movie up to this point. I will say that about half of the movie I saw was still story boards, which means it’s possible some scenes may be scrapped, changed completely, etc.
Even unfinished, I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to see it in the theaters. That being said, I will obviously have a more positive outlook on it. It wasn’t a perfect movie, it had its problems, but they didn’t detract from my overall experience.
1. Hiro and Baymax’s relationship are very much the heart of the film, and it is done very well. They almost have a Wall-e/Eve kind of relationship to begin with, Baymax being the well-meaning, sweet, naive one and Hiro focused on his own goals and quick to be annoyed by Baymax. Their relationship evolves in very much the same way as Wall-e and Eve too with Baymax’s misguided attempts to help eventually turning into the kind of support that Hiro needs. Their relationship isn’t romantic though, it’s more of a “boy and his pet (er, robot),” like Hiccup and Toothless, which is very sweet and mutually beneficial.
2. I didn’t recognize the voice actor for Hiro which is disappointing, but his voice was done really well. He is 14 years old (I think?) and while his voice doesn’t crack nearly enough to be a real teenager, it’s still good. Hiro is pretty much exactly what you would expect a 14 year old genius to be like: using his creative powers typically more for fun, chaos, and the cool factor than for the greater good. He is whiny without being over the top, sarcastic, funny, and very clever. He can be hot-headed and stubborn too. Overall he’s a fun character and very relatable.
3. The other four characters were a pleasant surprise to me. I kind of expected them to be cliched, but they really weren’t! At least, not enough to bother me. :P They were all really fun and creative, with their own strengths and weaknesses that they brought to the team. Three of them are very smart, each developing their own different scientific research. The fourth is….well the Shaggy of the group, basically haha! Fred is definitely the comic relief character, but his character isn’t wasted (in my opinion). Wasabi is the by-the-book rule follower, GoGo Tomango is the reckless, hard-core, empowered kick-ass lady-friend (no seriously, she repeatedly says “woman up!”) and Honey Lemon is more of the sweet, sensible, maternal type with a positive attitude (she reminded me of both Remus Lupin and Luna Lovegood). They all made me think of people I had met and known in real life, and the kind of team you’d really like to be a part of. They all work well as a sort of sense-speaking calming agent for Hiro’s huge ambition, as well as an encouraging support system when he needs it. I love their team and would love to see more of them working together! The only complaint I might have is that there isn’t much time for character arcs for them. The developmental focus centers on how they are going to learn to work as an effective team rather than their personal character arcs. However there are four of them in addition to our main Hiro. Four separate character arcs would be very ambitious for the length of this movie and might clutter up the plot.
4. I loved all of the characters! I’d probably say I liked Hiro the best because we get to know him the most and his character arc was very well done. I was also a big fan of his aunt, though she didn’t show up nearly enough, and Wasabi because if I were on this team that’s totally the type of teammate I would be: the rule-following, by-the-book, must have a plan kind of person haha. The entire team is a ton of fun though, and Baymax of course is adorable and hilarious. Baymax plushies will fly off the shelves at the Disney store, I guarantee it!!
In closing, I really hope people enjoy Big Hero Six. I definitely did. As I’ve said, it certainly isn’t without its flaws, but it was a ton of fun, very emotional,well animated (the parts that were finished, anyways) and I think it has a lot of potential to appear in merchandise and Disney Parks. It’s outside of the box for Disney, and I really liked what they came up with. More non-traditional movies, please! :) Go see it when it comes out!!
tags: Disney Big Hero 6 Big Hero Six spoilers SPOILERS SPOILERS!!! seriously no plot spoilers though just characters and things pre-screening Hiro Hamada Baymax submission
\'); if(window.tumblrNotesLoaded)if(tumblrNotesLoaded(notes_html)==false)return;var more_notes_link=document.getElementById(\'more_notes_89912643247\');var notes=more_notes_link.parentNode;notes.removeChild(more_notes_link);notes.innerHTML+=notes_html;if(window.tumblrNotesInserted)tumblrNotesInserted(notes_html);}};tumblrReq.open(\'GET\',\'/notes/89912643247/BDhahaD6N?from_c=1403766603\',true);tumblrReq.send();return false;">Show more notesLoading...