Baseball All-Star Game Selections 2011

woohoomlb posted on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:53AM
Here's myy American League choices.=]
Tell me yours? (:
and criticize my choices too (;
 Here's myy American League choices.=] Tell me yours? (: and criticize my choices too (;
last edited on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:58AM

Baseball 53 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 53

lebih dari setahun yang lalu woohoomlb said…
National League:
 National League:
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MCHopnPop said…
smile
Here My A.L choices!^^
 Here My A.L choices!^^
tongue
and N.L. Choices! oh and Ryan Zimmerman is injured right now.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
 and N.L. Choices! oh and Ryan Zimmerman is injured right now.
BUT... ZIMMERMAN'LL BE BACK!! He WILL!! [;
i like how you chose Ike Davis.. he's actually
having a nice season so far.
big smile
Yes Zim will! and IIIKE has been tearing it up this season so far! well I watch him play on a daily basis actually,I like how the mets changed Ike's stance they moved his stance to a slightly lower point,and he's been taking much more pitches,and has not been striking out as much as he did during his rookie season!he's dominated Right Handed Pitching this season! and he had another home run tonight! oh and about Josh Hamilton he hasn't really done much this season especially with that strange Injury he had,I know when he gets back he'll probably start doing well,he only has 7 RBI's and has yet to his first Home Run,but I'm sure he'll do well when he comes back,so I see why he would be a good choice after all he was last years AL MVP!
Interesting.. its really crazy how something like a slight alteration in a batting stance can give you so much more success.. it's like Jose Bautista part 2. He did start off well in 2010 and trailed off a little, so keep that in mind (;.. i think he's controlling himself and being more patient at the plate in that he's laying off of pitches outside the strike zone and as you said not striking out as much.
I just felt the need to choose Hamilton haha.. Francoeur and and Quentin are also good choices! Think Quentin will keep up the BA? Kemp and Ethier.. ONE of them better be in the All-Star game if not both! Theyre both off to an awesome start.. Ethier and his 25 game hitting streak!! (: Kemp's my icon (=
tongue
Ah I see,I think Carlos can!,It's not white sox offense that's the problem it's the bullpen :>,I think both Kemp and Ethier do deserve to go to the All Star Game,both are off to tremendous starts! and if you don't mind me asking Why Jhonny Peralta?
hey i think i'm voting for asdrubal cabrera. he deserves it more. J.P. Arencibia.. I didn't think of voting for himmm.. hmm.
tongue
Asdrubal Cabrera can catch?:P
big smile
cabrera as ss!
tongue
I know! I was joking :p
sorry.. i liked ur De-Litsch-ous joke more (X
big smile
so did I!XD and now I'm kind of in between Phillips and Neil Walker for the Second Baseman for being in the ASG :P
smile
haha.. (; you can always vote for both!
big smile
I could...but Neil Walker has caught my eye last season and this season too he has 3 Home Runs (as Gary Thorne Would say it) with 15 RIBeye Steaks XD with 34 Hits and 13 walks and he just keeps adding on! XD
Hey I'm all for voting for the underdogs (:
i personally think Zobrist's a great player do
you think he's got a chance at bein an AS? [:
big smile
Yes I do Benny Fresh (as you can see I like giving out nicknames) XD I think he has a great chance to be in the ASG,he can any postion (with the exception of Pitching and Catching,although I'm sure he would catch if he was asked to!),I personally think he had a down year last season,he's DEFINITELY picking up the slack this year he had ten Home Runs all of last season,and he has Seven now,so I think he's in for a great season,and I don't see why he shouldn't be in the ASG!
crying
Ike is on the DL :'( after the Collision with David Wright on a pop up last Thursday against the Rockies,I really hope that doesn't affect his first chance at being an All-Star,He was doing so well T.T It was either Pelf's or Paulino's choice to pick a Fielder,and they didn't! T,T
 Ike is on the DL :'( after the Collision with David Wright on a pop up last Thursday against the Rock
big smile
Hmm I think Starlin Castro and Jose B. Reyes would also be great choices as NL Shortstop in the ASG! they both are on the top of the league in hitting,so it would make sense!x)
cloudy
Now that Posey's on the DL who do you think should be the N.L. Catcher in the ASG? I still think Brian McCann..#itstherighttimeofthenight
Yeah Brian McCann would have been my next choice.
as of today six of the eight current A.L. All Star Game starters are Yankees. :/
ew!!!! that's horrible.. who are they? i haven't heard yet.
monkey
so far Former Dodger Russell Martin for Catcher,Mark Texiera at first,Robinson Cano at second,Derek Jeter at Short,with Alex Rodriguez at third (So generally the whole Yankees infield +catcher) and finally,Curtis Granderson in Center
ew thats a gross infield. east coast baseball fans are really aggressive when it comes to all-star voting.. i guess yankees fans included. its pretty intense. i think there should be a limit on how many starters you have on ur team in the AS game. other, less popular teams have better players who probably deserve it more but don't get in because of rabid yankees fans and people who know noting about baseball who vote what they know!! Teixeira, Rodriguez, and Jeter?? this is an allstar team from a decade ago LOL
Oh yeah, and i hope the National League beats the crap out of the Yankees.. since its practically all Yankees
lebih dari setahun yang lalu knocktimerico said…
I knew about the AL infield being the Yankees, but asides from Jeter and Arod, the other ones earned their places. Granderson is tearing the cover off the ball, tex is having a great year, cano is the best 2nd basemen in the AL, and Martin has been the best catcher. I'm just glad to see that Bautista is getting the recognition he deserves
i agree with Granderson, Cano, Martin, but tex?? i think theres other AL first basemen who deserve it more.
The only other 1B who I think would get the nod over Tex would be Gonzalez, but besides that no other 1B in the AL has been outstanding, thus why I feel Tex would be a good pick...although I personally would rather see Gonzo because I like him better.
Two words: Miguel Cabrera!! Superior to Texiera in every offensive catergory! minus HR.
sunny
Hey how About Paulie Konerko? he's having a great year too! he still is a great Defensively AND He's Consistent Offensively as well!
no way PK deserves the spot over Tex, Tex is, overall, a far superior player that PK
wink
let's compromise and say Miguel Cabrera deserves it over the both of them!
wink
though I'd say the N.L. First Baseman run,is a much harder decision..unless someone's biased..I think XD,because from Prince,To Mr.Albert Pujols,to Joey Votto,to Ryan Howard and others!..but now that Ike won't be back until after the All Star Break.. I say Carlos would be a nice addition though too x3
I think Joey Votto deserves it.. just my opinion. (: also, how is it that Lance Berkman and Andre Ethier lead the OF allstar votes over Matt Kemp?? and i think Konerko could have possibly earned a spot, personally (;
I wouldn't mind seeing Prince starting for the NL, I'm a huge Prince fan and I feel he deserves it more this year than Pujols
Gonzalez has overtaken Tex!!! ((:
cool
I'm thinking the Mariners Catcher Miguel Olivo should be considered in the All Star Game,he's doing very well right now,he has 12 Home Runs with 38 Runs Batted In,and he's not really in a hitters Park!,I really think he Deserves SOME if not A lot of Consideration to be in the All Star Game.
It's like a popularity contest ): alot of times the ones who deserve it the most aren't recognized. Olivo... .220 BA isn't all that impressive.. you are right that he isn't in a hitters ballpark though. He's got a lot of pop, esp for a catcher. IDK that Martin deserves the spot. I hear Alex Avila is gaining though..n rightfully so.
angelic
Haha I say the same thing about the ASG,sometimes I really feel it is a popularity contest,especially with the commercials for some players,sometimes I'm like what is this an election?..and I would be fine with Alex Avila is doing very well compared to his year last year,but still I think Miguel Olivo,and how about Jose Bernabe Reyes (Not because I see that Jose Reyes for ASG commercial at least 3/4 times a day,I hear Gary,Howie say it on a daily basis..but still the Mets aren't my main team *shrug*),he's staying consistently hot right now,he just keeps hitting and hitting,he's Jump starting the Mets offense,man I can't imagine the Mets without him.
1B - Votto, Joey
2B - Weeks, Rickie
SS - Reyes, Jose
3B - Ramirez, Aramis ?
so... the starters are gonna be announced on sunday. excitement. :D
cloudy
Jose B. Reyes just injured his hamstring,which is obviously not good :>..and eh I'm not all that excited for it.
how? thats a bummer
rainy
Jose B. Reyes left Today's game after two innings with tightness in his left hamstring. The Mets said they removed Reyes as a precaution. still regardless,'I'm not in the mood for watching the ASG this year,it's the same thing every year,I wish the Managers chose the players and not the fans.
I agree with you.

• Catcher: Alex Avila (Tigers)

• First base: Adrian Gonzalez (Red Sox)

• Second base: Robinson Cano (Yankees)

• Third base: Alex Rodriguez (Yankees)

• Shortstop: Derek Jeter (Yankees)

• Outfield: Jose Bautista (Blue Jays), Curtis Granderson (Yankees) and Josh Hamilton (Rangers)

• DH: David Ortiz (Red Sox)

Josh Beckett (Red Sox), Gio Gonzalez (Athletics), Felix Hernandez (Mariners), David Price (Rays), James Shields (Rays), Justin Verlander (Tigers), Jered Weaver (Angels) and C.J. Wilson (Rangers); and relievers Aaron Crow (Royals), Brandon League (Mariners), Chris Perez (Indians), Mariano Rivera (Yankees) and Jose Valverde (Tigers).

the backup position players are: catchers Russell Martin (Yankees) and Matt Wieters (Orioles); infielders Adrian Beltre (Rangers), Asdrubal Cabrera (Indians), Miguel Cabrera (Tigers) and Howard Kendrick (Angels); outfielders Michael Cuddyer (Twins), Jacoby Ellsbury (Red Sox), Matt Joyce (Rays) and Carlos Quentin (White Sox); and DH Michael Young (Rangers).
The NL:

• Catcher: Brian McCann (Braves)

• First base: Prince Fielder (Brewers)

• Second base: Rickie Weeks (Brewers)

• Third base: Placido Polanco (Phillies)

• Shortstop: Jose Reyes (Mets)

• Outfield: Ryan Braun (Brewers), Matt Kemp (Dodgers) and Lance Berkman (Cardinals)

The NL pitching staff consists of: starters Matt Cain (Giants), Roy Halladay (Phillies), Cole Hamels (Phillies), Jair Jurrjens (Braves), Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers), Cliff Lee (Phillies), Tim Lincecum (Giants) and Ryan Vogelsong (Giants); and relievers Heath Bell (Padres), Tyler Clippard (Nationals), Joel Hanrahan (Pirates), Jonny Venters (Braves) and Brian Wilson (Giants).

The NL's bench will include: catcher Yadier Molina (Cardinals); infielders Starlin Castro (Cubs), Chipper Jones (Braves), Brandon Phillips (Reds), Gaby Sanchez (Marlins), Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies) and Joey Votto (Reds); and outfielders Carlos Beltran (Mets), Jay Bruce (Reds), Matt Holliday (Cardinals), Hunter Pence (Astros) and Justin Upton (D-backs).
cloudy
I seriously don't understand how they can Snub Andrew McCutchen,from the All Star Game,he's been doing great all season,he at least deserves to be on the Final Ballot,also good to see Aaron Crow in that bullpen he's been doing very well this year!..and I doubt he would have been there if the fans voted. and I still believe Paulie seriously deserved to be in the ASG,without the final vote,just look at his numbers in general.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jameswilson said…
Hooray for Kemp and Kershaw! I also agree that it would be better if the managers chose all the players. The AL wouldn't have an (almost) all Yankee infield if that were the case.