yorkshire rose food From Around The World

yorkshire_rose posted on May 22, 2010 at 06:15PM
I am very interested in all the different foods we have from around the world.Please feel free to add some pictures of food that you eat where you come from !Thanks everyone !
 I am very interested in all the different foods we have from around the world.Please feel free to add

yorkshire rose 18 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu yorkshire_rose said…
big smile
In Yorkshire we are famous for the Yorkshire Pudding ! You can eat it in many different ways but we mainly have them with roast beef for Sunday lunch.
 In Yorkshire we are famous for the Yorkshire puding ! anda can eat it in many different ways but we m
tongue
The picture above is a small Yorkshire and this one is the family size Yorkshire pudding !!!!
 The picture above is a small Yorkshire and this one is the family size Yorkshire puding !!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu makintosh said…
big smile
It looks delicious...Nom Nom
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
laugh
It really is Mackenzie and my goodness there's enough to feed an army there LOL !!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Kraucik83 said…
wink
I really love polish "Barszcz z uszkami" (Borsch with ravioli-type dumplings called lit. "little ears"). This dish is very popular in Central & East Euopean countries!
The basic Polish borsch (barszcz) recipe includes red beetroot, onions, garlic, and other vegetables!
 I really cinta polish "Barszcz z uszkami" (Borsch with ravioli-type dumplings called lit. "little ears
smile
And since I lived some time in Norway I'm completely crazy about "Rømmegrøt" (rommegrot - sour creme porridge)!
Sour cream porridge with dried meats was in Norway festive food in the olden days and is still considered that today.
 And since I lived some time in Norway I'm completely crazy about "Rømmegrøt" (rommegrot - asam crem
heart
Both dishes look absolutely delicious Sunny i must have a go at making them sometime.
wink
Just tell me... and I can get you a recipe ;)
kiss
Oh please do you can post them here if you wish .....That would be most awesome Sunny !
wink
Borsch

2.2 lb. beets
1 lb. meat for making beef broth
2 carrots
1 parsnips
1 lb. onions
8 cloves garlic
1 laurel leaf (or substitute bay leaf)
1 tsp. lemon juice
Cook meat in salted water on medium low for 2-3 hours to meat broth. Skim off fat. Peel and cut all the vegetables (beets, carrots, parsnips, onions, and garlic) and put in another big pot. Break laurel leaf and put it and the lemon juice over vegetables. Pour meat broth over vegetables and let stand overnight, covered.
Next day: heat pot to blend in fat. Pour soup through strainer into another pot (so you strain out the vegetables). Throw out vegetables. Add the following to soup (which looks like red broth) : Salt Sugar Soy sauce Pepper Lemon juice

Add these to taste. It shouldn't be too sweet. (American beets are sweeter than Polish ones, so you'll have to add more salt, pepper and garlic.)

Heat over low heat. Put ears in bowl, put the beet soup over them, and eat. Smacznego!! (Polish for bon appetit.)

EARS:
Fry 1/4 pound ground beef. Fry 1 onion in butter. Mix onion, beef, salt, and pepper (and mushrooms are optional) in a bowl. Everything should be finely chopped.
DOUGH:
3 c. flour
1 egg
1/2 c. water
Mix and knead until soft. Roll out thinly. Cut into 1 inch squares. Put a little of the meat mixture in middle of square. Fold dough in half diagonally, so you have a triangle. Then fold 2 corners of triangle in towards middle, wrapping one around the other, around your finger. Seal all edges. Drop ears in pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes; drain. Put in soup bowl, 5-8 per bowl, and eat with soup.
This soup is traditionally eaten as the first course on Christmas Eve in Poland.
smile
ROMMEGROT

Sour cream porridge must be made from high fat (35%) natural sour cream, with no stabilizers or gelatin added. For the best results, use homemade sour cream. Heat 2 1/2 dl (1 cup) whipping cream to 35 C (95 F), almost body temperature, then whisk in 2 tablespoons buttermilk. Let stand at room temperature at least 8 hours, until thickened.

Simmer sour cream, covered, about 15 minutes.

Sift over 1/3 of the flour. Simmer until the butterfat begins to leach out. Skim off the fat.

Sift over the remaining flour and bring to a boil. Bring the milk to a boil and thin the porridge to desired consistency. Whisk until smooth. Simmer about 10 minutes, and season with salt. Serve with the fat, sugar and cinnamon.
big smile
Awwww thank you so much hun ! i will do these at the weekend and let you know how it turns out.Wish me luck .....
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
heart
My husband loves porridge <3
lebih dari setahun yang lalu deedeeflower said…
heart
HOT DOGS! GET YOUR RED HOT, HOT DOGS! HOT DOGS!
The quintessential American food. Every major American city has push carts and hole-in-the-wall joints dovoted to the Hot Dog.
 HOT DOGS! GET YOUR RED HOT, HOT DOGS! HOT DOGS! The quintessential American food. Every major Americ
lebih dari setahun yang lalu deedeeflower said…
surprise
My Favorite Hot Dog is the Chicago Style Hot Dog.
Dill Pickles, Sweet Relish, Hot Peppers, Tomatoes, Yellow Mustard and Celery Salt. YUM!!!
 My favorit Hot Dog is the Chicago Style Hot Dog. Dill Pickles, Sweet Relish, Hot Peppers, Tomatoes,
surprise
Oh my goodness deedee.....what a fantastic choice if hot dogs ! i want to try them all lol !! they look absolutely delicious.We don't have all that choice here in the UK !
lebih dari setahun yang lalu flowerdrop said…
heart
My mom makes the best chocolate cake in the world ...
 My mom makes the best cokelat cake in the world ...
kiss
Oh my goodness Ana ! my very fav yum yum !!