menulis Writer's Group Session 3, 24 August 2008

Cinders posted on Aug 24, 2008 at 05:01AM
This Writers Group opened at 10:00PM PDT on August 23th and closed at 10:00PM PDT on August 24th.

Again with the lateness. I will be more punctual next time.

The Prompt:

Respond creatively (as in, craft a story or a poem) to William Carlos Williams' "Landscape With The Fall of Icarus"

According to Brueghel
when Icarus fell
it was spring

a farmer was ploughing
his field
the whole pageantry

of the year was
awake tingling
near

the edge of the sea
concerned
with itself

sweating in the sun
that melted
the wings' wax

unsignificantly
off the coast
there was

a splash quite unnoticed
this was
Icarus drowning

Alternative Prompt:

Begin a story with the sentence, "The sun was hot, the ocean was vast, and the sharks were beginning to circle."

Writer's Digest Prompt Of the Week

You wake up in jail and have no memory of how you got there. As you pace around the cell, you find five items in your pocket from the night before. As you look at each piece, the night slowly comes back to you. Write about your night, why you have these five items and how you ended up in jail.

You may post responses to this prompt in the next twenty-four hours. You may also post other work you're toying with, or create something completely new in the next twenty-four hours. Remember the Three Fs, and get writing, writers!

The Three F's

#1) Follow: Read what's been posted.
#2) Feedback: Comment on at least one other person's work.
#3) Fairness: Be respectful of your fellow writers.

menulis 3 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
Unfortunately, I may not be able to participate in this week's session. I will be on the road all day tomorrow. But you guys have fun with it!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
Well THAT was depressing!!!!

Due to lack of participation, this session will be open an EXTRA twenty-four hours.

And if no one participates, I'll cry.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
Hrm. I was disappointed to see this, too. I was moving all day Monday, and didn't get to posting. But now I see that you held the initial session on Sunday, rather than Monday, so I would have missed it anyway...

I wrote something over the weekend, but it's on a laptop with no battery charge left, so I can't submit it here.