series twilight Eliminate the Hate

FloatingMuffins posted on Apr 27, 2008 at 05:28PM
What is with all the h@te in this spot. Can we please discuss the book without using the H word and civilized language. This topic is so we can talk bout the characters and the books without the using the H word.

Here are the rules:

1) You may not use the H word to describe your dislike of something or someone.
2) Keep an open mind, listen to what others have to say and see if people can change your mind about dislikes.
3) NO SWEARING OR NAME CALLING! Don't call Bella the B word or a W. Don't swear, it is uncivilized.
4) Debate kindly. If you disagree, state your opinion and why you think the other person is wrong.

My ultimate goal is for everyone to realize that none of the characters are bad and you shouldn't dislike any of them.
So, debate away.

series twilight 11 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilightlova13 said…
I totally love all the characters and have no problems with any of them. Everybody makes mistakes. The characters are just trying to figure out who is best for Bella. I totally hope that Bella seriously marries Edward and becomes a vampire. It would be so cool. And absolutely no offense to Jacob or his fans. I totally love all the characters and don't like that everybody says the H word either. Thanks
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilightfan0720 said…
same here
i love all of them
lebih dari setahun yang lalu cheergeek said…
I love some more than others, but all in all they are all okay. Yeah, Bella's not my favorite, but w/e. And you don't know how much it hurts when someone says something mean about one of your fav characters. =l
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Gabitha said…
hmmmmm.... Same i love all the characters, though more some then others *cough* Edward *cough* cullen *cough* :D lol but i think the abuse of some Characters needs to stop (along with the repeat questions!) and the swear words - little children use this site too. lol :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu shortynme said…
I love Bella. Not sure why but I love her! I love that she knows how to manage her life, that she's indapendant (can't spell sorry! lol), that she's focused, that she's determined, and that she's a normal girl who falls down a lot. I really like Edward too. He's wonderful! There are not enough selfless people in the world and he (although fictional) is the crystal clear immage of those humble people. I love their love and the difficulties. Most people have problems like money and difference in religion. These two have problems with wanting to eat each other, and make babies. Jacob is great too. I have to addmitt, he does make me frustrated at times, but overall I like him. He's such a cutie! I felt so bad for him when he ran off at the end of Eclipse. I like all the characters, and try my hardest not to "diss" any of the them. They're all great and . . .*sigh* fictional. :D lol
lebih dari setahun yang lalu FloatingMuffins said…
Shortynme, I totally agree. I just love all the character and to me, Bella is just so... relatable, it's hard not to like her.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu edwrdluvr said…
Personally I was surprised with one of my dislikes, Alice. She's fun and helpfully protective and everything and Bella loves her so it's good that she's there but she can be so annoying. I don't understand why she always has to torture Bella with her ideas and everything. Like, for example, when she was in the garage and she was asking Bella why she was going to have her wedding in Vegas without her and she then all the sudden she saw Bella's wedding going her way, she didn't have to taunt her with the knowlege that she would have her way with the wedding. She could have just kept going on with her life knowing that she would have an extravagant wedding. But she had to dance in front of her tormenting her and making both her and Edward miserable. There was really no point in her doing that so why did she have to? I thought it was not quite cruel but definetly very mean of her.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu FloatingMuffins said…
I didn't think it was mean. I don't know about you, but me and my friends tease each other all the time. Like when we look for dresses for our dance, I have a friend who is very anti-dress/skirt/girly stuff and I always tease her about us getting dresses. I didn't think Alice was mean about it, I just think it's part of her fun personality. It isn't like it really is making Bella and Edward's lives miserable, it's just that she has her fun. It's hard to explain and understand unless you have done it before.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu edwrdluvr said…
I tease my friends all the time and it's usually really fun. But when it gets to the point that the person is really upset about it I think it's unfair to continue. Alice is usually really cool but there was just something about the way that Meyer wrote that passage in the book that made me think a lot less of Alice.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sinner21 said…
I agree with both FloatingMuffins (by the way I love your icon & name) & edwrdluvr in different ways.
Firstly I totally love Alice and I know that deep down that Bella would love to have a big wedding but it she just cannot see the good in marraige after what happened with her parents. So really Alice is just helping her.
The only thing that I thought was wrong about how Alice reacted to how they didn't tell her about the wedding is that she kinda made it all about her.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xXEimearDHXx said…
I love every single character. Yes, including Jacob, just in a brotherly-sisterly way.

Most people I know give out about how clumsy Bella can be, and how vulnerable she is. This was a trait Bella had before she met the Cullens, and is only thrown into more contrast when she's with them. Personally, I love that Bella's a klutz. It's incredibly cute, and I'd like to think that when *I* fall down, people find it adorable rather than annoying.

Edward is ..... dazzling. End of. I don't think I can elaborate any further, or prove my point without referencing the entire series. ;)

Jacob, I've grown to accept. I'll admit, part of my, erm, immense dislike (see how I avoided the 'H' word there?? lol) for him was because I felt he was replacing Edward in Bella's life - and so in mine. Now, I see Jacob as the support that kept Bella from crashing (well, completely crashing) into non-existence. When Edward left, he left a massive hole in Bella, her entire life had become about Edward, and was just ripped away. Jacob filled the void, but only partly; Bella still felt the pain that came with Edward's absence. In Eclipse, she has both, but she can't fit both of them into the small space she has to deal with, so she has to sacrifice one of them, ie. her relationship with one of them. And it seems she sacrificed Jacob, because Edward can completely fill the hole, whereas Jacob can't.

I sincerely hope I make sense.

lol