The X-Files Immortal Scully?

ebathory posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 07:26PM
This may have occured to other people - it's always bugged me - and I'd be interested to know what you think.

In 'Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose' (Season 3), when Scully asks Clyde (he is the guy who can see how people will die) how she will die, he tells her that she doesn't. Which is weird, but then in 'Tithonus' (Season 6), Alfred Fellig (the photographer who cannot die) saves Scully's life by telling her to avoid looking at Death.

Alfred Fellig became immortal when he himself avoided Death's eyes years before. So, it reasons that if he took Death from Scully, she would then become immortal. Which mirrors what Clyde Bruckman said to her years before.

I hope this made sense, but I'm interested to know if anyone else picked up on it, and or what your thoughts are.
last edited on Sep 26, 2008 at 07:28PM

The X-Files 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Pepsi-Cola said…
2 years late in the reply but I still wanted answer this anyway! It makes great sense. I particularly love this theory. At first when I saw "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose", I never really payed much attention to the line. I thought he might have been deflecting the actual answer by saying what he did because no one should know how they die.
However, when it came up again in "Tithonus", I couldn't help but think back to that episode and what Bruckman had said. Had he actually known she would never die? Did Fellig give his life to death thus passing on immortality to Scully?
Another interesting concept is that of Doggett as well. Wasn't he also given immortality? If Scully is immortal, perhaps she is not alone forever? Does this make them soulmates?
SUCH an interesting concept. I just love it.