the phantom of the opera Costumes!

renrae posted on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:42PM
This thread is for POTO costumes. Whether you make them, buy them, have a random piece you wanna share, or just think that they're pretty, this is the place. I know some of you guys have character costumes that you use, and I thought it would be nice to have a thread specifically for costumes. And they don't have to be just the stage show or the '04 movie! Mary Philbin and Lon Chaney had some pretty spiffy get-ups, if I do say so myself. And, hey, you know, there's also all those other versions of POTO out there.

(Please tell me I'm not the only one interested in this topic!)
last edited on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:42PM

the phantom of the opera 12 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JustHuddy said…
big smile
*flails like a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman*

I just have a crappy Phantom costume that I wore for Halloween last year; it's just bits and pieces from other costumes...I'd love to see some other people's...

But I still enjoy randomly wearing the mask around my house. ;)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu renrae said…
laugh
^^

I'm the same, I have some leftover stuff from an old Halloween costume. Dress shirt, pants, cape, all that jazz. The mask was just cheap plastic, though. :(

I'm starting plans for making the masquerade dress that Christine wears in the ALW stage show. (The star one) The thing is that I know nothing about boning, and there's so many little details. The skirt should be easy, though. Just layers of tulle and then I'd just need to figure out how to make the little stars... it's a complicated dress, but it's very pretty.

lebih dari setahun yang lalu Phantomess said…
Oh my. Let's see, what all do I have?
Well, of course there's my ALW stage costume. You've all seen that one.
I also have a female version with a more Leroux look with a black full face mask that I sewed (badly) myself.
In addition I have two Christine gowns, one of which has even won praise from on of the costume ladies from the show!
I have some bits and pieces I can change out to do slightly different versions as well. (A poet shirt and different mask with the cloak and dress pants and suddenly you have an approximation of the Charles Dance!)
..You wouldn't happen to have pictures of your Christine gowns, would you? Sorry, I'm a stickler for Christine costumes.

I found silver star appliques for the Masquerade gown. Renrae is a happy girl. :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu TGITPC said…
I think it's quite obvious (for those who know me) that I have a Phantom costume. I feel it's not always legite (I'd kill for a bettre dress shirt and vest) but I'd say it's pretty decent.

I'd die for a Christine gown. Really, for someone who is in drag half her days, I'm soooo girly. But it's terribly expensive and I don't think that I'll ever get my hands on anything that comes close to being authentic. I can't even sew buttons.
Lip Service dresses, my friend. Usually available on ebay for 20-60 bucks.

Lip Service dresses, my friend. Usually available on ebay for 20-60 bucks.
heart
Ooh, me likey...

Nice touch with the red shawl/scarf.

lebih dari setahun yang lalu My_Erik said…
big smile
I'm not totally sure yet, but I may be doing a short film of PotO with my friends! And I'm going to be Phantom!!! I'm missing a cape, :( .
Here's a pic of me in my costume: (I made the mask out of crafting tape and paint! I slicked my hair back, also, which felt like I had glue in my hair, it was gross!)
 I'm not totally sure yet, but I may be doing a short film of PotO with my friends! And I'm going to
Fake cape= Go to Wal Mart. Wander into the crafts and fabric section. Get a box of safety pins, and 2-3 yards of black fabric. Drape around shoulders and safety pin in place. Fake cape accomplished.
Just as a note, if you're planning on doing a lot of singing/speaking in that mask you may want to add some ties to help secure it, otherwise I can see it coming unstuck very easily just based on it's position near your nose and upper lip. When I wear the liquid latex that area and the area near the eye tends to peel first because of the natural movement of your muscles when you speak or show emotion through the face.

Also, be hardcore. Do makeup. :D
 Fake cape= Go to Wal Mart. Wander into the crafts and fabric section. Get a box of safety pins, and 2
lebih dari setahun yang lalu My_Erik said…
I've done makeup trial runs! I'm thinking about kind of going for a Leroux/Chaney look, only on that side on my face!! It'd be cool, I just don't know how to get that look, lol.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
angry
*dead*

Our sewing machine freakin' broke. IT BROKE. We won't be able to get it fixed, which means we'll have to buy a new one, which means I won't be able to start my Masquerade dress for a looooong time.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Phangirl7 said…
I don't have any costumes or plans to make one, but I am going to be the Phantom for Halloween. (It's only going to be handing out candy, but it'll be fun.) I've already got the whole costume, I just need to go home and get it!