the phantom of the opera Phantom's Legacy oleh Lucilla Epps

redrefractor posted on Apr 11, 2008 at 01:47AM
I just wanted to mention this new book by Lucilla Epps, and ask if anyone has read it yet? I'm thinking of ordering it but wanted opinions first.

Here's what the site says about it;

"Paris, 1871. In the aftermath of the Great Disaster, as the city reels from the horror of dark deeds, Erik, the Phantom of the Opera, flees pursuit and his own demons, seeking a path toward redemption from his many crimes. Through a chance encounter in a blood-spattered alleyway, his course is set and his life changed…forever.
1919. A single red rose, a black ribbon, and a ring left beside a cold, lonely grave. A bereaved husband recognizes these tokens left by his wife’s ghostly suitor of long ago, and shows neither surprise nor anger, only profound sadness.
Now the entire story of the long years between madness and mourning is revealed. Drawing on period detail, Lucilla Epps has woven the lives of the Opera Ghost, Christine, Raoul, Meg, Carlotta, and other beloved characters of ‘Phantom of the Opera’ into a rich, complex tale of tumultuous times, creating a tapestry of fear, love, war, and ultimately, hope."

link

Has anyone read it yet?

Thanks;

Tom

the phantom of the opera 4 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu FrenchHorn said…
Wow it sounds good! I want to read it!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xElvenPiratex said…
I haven't read it! I'll definitely have to check it out! Several years ago, a man named Frederick Forsyth wrote a book called The Phantom of Manhattan, which was basically a sequel to the theatrical version. It was written before the movie came out, so there are several contradictions, but it was definitely an interesting book...to say the least :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu becca85 said…
It sounds interesting!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu phantompha419 said…
zzz
I read it and it is disjointed and hard to follow. The author expects the reader to be telepathic on many levels not to mention she becomes long-winded and overzealous in her descriptions. Her dialogue is fractured and boring. I do have to say, her history is dead on if you can read between the lines enough to know who she's referring to without having to run for your European history book every five minutes (luckily I know my history but any author worth their salt should never assume).