the office Please don't throw garbage at me, but...

smoore23 posted on Nov 22, 2008 at 04:32AM
Does anyone else feel like The Office has gone downhill?

I think S4 was really not great. S5 has been better, but still nowhere as great as S1-3.

I laughed out loud so many times during the first three seasons, but now I'm not laughing as much. Get this: I laughed more at Kath & Kim than the latest Office episode. Hmmm.

I still think it's probably one of the best shows on TV right now compared to a lot of the other horrible stuff out there. However, it's just not the same show anymore. Something is just... off. I feel like it's not using the same type of smart/dry humor it used to have.

Know what I mean? Or am I the only one who feels this way?
last edited on Nov 22, 2008 at 07:51AM
save

the office 9 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu flyin_rhino said…
I do agree about Season 4 being not-so-funny, but I think Season 5 is getting back into it again. I thought Frame Toby was great! Although, I think Season 3 will always be my favourite.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DarkSarcasm said…
You laughed more at Kath & Kim than The Office? Blasphemy! *throws stones at* =P

I thought season 4 sucked, and the beginning of season 5 wasn't that great... but like flyin_rhino, I think it's getting back to the good stuff. Pam is back, Toby is back, maybe the writers are realizing what they've done and trying to fix it. =P
lebih dari setahun yang lalu smoore23 said…
Ha, I know, right? Seriously, though, K&K was really great the last episode.

I dunno, I guess you're right - now that everyone's back things might get better. I hope so.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DunerMifflin101 said…
I kinda agree, even though i dont want to think those things ;)
I think its because they have a lot of drama now and in the first few seasons it wasnt so dramatic.
but its still my favorite show!! :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu llerenaprincipe said…
fram toby was one of the least funny episodes
it was the first time i didnt laugh at the things michael said some were funny tho
but season 5 overall looks like a good season so far
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Office_001 said…
I agree season 4 was really bad, the only really funny episode was dinner party. season 5 is pretty good but like you said i haven't been laughing much either. Frame Toby has to be the best episode since season 4.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nana-cat said…
Why would I throw a feral cat at you? Ahahaha...lame.

Actually, I've noticed that Dwight's performance has gone a bit downhill....although I'd say the show itself is still rockin'.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu _lina_ said…
Season 4 completely sucked. I think that they're still recovering from the writer's strike, trying to get in all the stuff they wanted to do during Season 4. I think season 5 is pretty good, actually. There've been a couple of really hilarious moments.

I just think it's time for a Jim/Pam prank on Dwight. :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu loopygiggles said…
i know what you mean.
it just seems that since this is basically a show about nothing and just making up crap to add in for everyone to laugh at, they are running out of random crap, so they need to bring in more of a storyline.

i liked the random crap.