The Fanfic The Regretted Choice

hollistergurl posted on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:41PM
Title: The Regretted Choice by hollistergurl (me) and MisterPerfect1
Rating: C
Main Characters: Reyna, Hylla, Circe, Bellona, Jeremiah White, Carrie James, Nathan Balderas, and Autumn.
OCs: Jeremiah White, Carrie James, Nathan Balderas, Autumn
(more to come?)
Synopsis: Reyna and Hylla had a tough life since birth. Hylla, the older one, had taken care of Reyna ever since their mom abandoned them and their dad died. But when a mysterious woman promises to give them a better life, should they refuse? And what dangers might lay ahead in the mysterious island...?

Disclaimer: Everything from Percy Jackson and the Olympians + The Heroes of Olympus belong to Rick Riordan.

MisterPerfect1 and I will take turns posting a chapter.
PLEASE COMMENT! :D

please check out our other forums! :)

MisterPerfect1:
[PERFECT]'s Mark of Athena
link

hollistergurl:
Forever (a series)
link

The Heroes of Olympus Talk Show! (a collab between me, universalpowa, and nicecatch42)
link

The Darkness Rising (a collab between me and Kronos429)
link

Heroes of Olympus Musical! (a collab between universalpowa and me)
link

Turning Back Time (a collab with me, universalpowa, and Meef)
link

The Hearth Lost
link
last edited on Apr 09, 2012 at 02:34PM

The Fanfic 121 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 121

lebih dari setahun yang lalu universalpowa said…
ooh sounds interesting!
i hope one of you posts soon :P
and first comment! yay :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu hollistergurl said…
^ lol thanks universal for being the first comment! :D
idk who's gonna post first, i think me..? but i have to make sure
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MisterPerfect1 said…
Great! :D
If you don't feel comfortable posting first then I'll post. I already got some ideas.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu venus143 said…
sounds cool post soon:)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu elifsila said…
sounds intersting post soon
thanks for commenting guys! :D
here is the chapter! enjoy!
MisterPerfect1 will be posting next.

Reyna

Being a twelve-year-old is NOT fun.

Especially if you have a fifteen-year-old sister bossing you around everyday, since you were four.

That’s kind of what life is like for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my sister, Hylla, but she’s just so… unlike me at times. We both have long, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. But, even though she won’t admit this, Hylla’s easier to fall in love with guys.

Yeah, I’m only twelve, but I feel like I’m fifteen.

Our parents abandoned us since birth—Hylla says they didn’t really “abandon” us, but I think of it that way.

I don’t even know my own mom.

Our dad died when I was like, two, so I barely knew him.

Hylla’s been taking care of me ever since, and we live in our mean Aunt Kathy’s apartment—not the best place to live if you don’t like rats, old dusty furniture, and a really loud grandfather clock.

That’s another thing that’s wrong with my life: living with Aunt Kathy.

I think I’d rather go die in a hole.

She treats me like a rat, but loves Hylla for some reason. I have no clue what she sees in her that she doesn’t see in me, since we’re almost the same except for the love part.

Which is kind of what led to Hylla technically being the one taking care of me, since our Aunt usually goes out and parties and gets drunk and doesn’t come home for days.

It’s been like that since we moved in with her, I think.

But there’s one thing I like about living with Aunt Kathy; it’s the school I go to.

Especially going to school with Nathan.

He’s like my best friend, along with Autumn; Hylla’s boyfriend is Jeremiah, and all they do is make out… ugh.

Sisters these days.

The school’s not so bad, but I have trouble concentrating and always get pulled out of classes for misbehaving—I have ADHD and dyslexia, so that basically makes me a troublemaker.

But being in the same room with Nathan is fun, since he’s hilarious, the class clown; Autumn’s so nice and shy, basically a follower, unlike me; I like to take control and action.

It’s why I’m president of the student government, even though I’m only in the 6th grade—Hylla was so angry, she had a RAGE FACE on when she only got elected to secretary; you could bet I laughed at her sorry face.

I don’t like Jeremiah—something about him, it just doesn’t seem right. He and my sister kiss all the time, and it’s always uncomfortable for me when I come home and they’re kissing on the couch—so I just go over to Nathan’s or Autumn’s house, spending my time there for most of the day, until I have to go home for dinner.

One thing I know for sure that me and Hylla both have in common is our leadership and strength; we’re both strong-minded, and both of us are born to be leaders; that’s what our Principal told us—except she said if we would try to get into less trouble, she’d like us more.

Someday I’d like to escape my life, bringing Nathan and Autumn with me.

Maybe Hylla. Just maybe.

“Reyna, I’m going out for an hour with Jeremiah, can you stay here alone?” Hylla calls out to me from downstairs.

I sigh; she’s almost fifteen, and has been going out with Jeremiah a lot lately—what they do I have no clue, but I’m sure they’re not playing Monopoly.

“Sure, sure, whatever, leaving your twelve-year-old little sister, is totally fine, sure.”

“Reyna, you’re such a pain in the butt. I’m leaving, I’ll be back by nine.”

“Whatever.”

I punch my stuffed teddy bear that now is all ripped up—a gift from my mother, Aunt Kathy tells me.

I’d like to punch my mother in real life, too. Abandoning us, what a coward.

What, was she afraid to take care of us?

I try to push these thoughts back in my head—sometimes I tend to get a little angry, especially when Hylla leaves me alone; I already feel lonely enough in my life, so why can’t I have something that’s always there for me?

Even Nathan and Autumn sometimes leave me out, and they go hang out somewhere else with me.

I’m such a loner sometimes.

Sometimes I don’t mind it, but nights like these when I’m thinking about my mom and Hylla and my dad and Aunt Kathy, I wish someone were here with me, just for company.

I sigh, trying to focus on my Language Arts homework—God, these homophones were killing me.

I got up and huffed, slamming my workbook on the desk—dyslexia’s gonna kill me someday, jumbling all those words up.

I go downstairs to punch the punching bag that we have—it’s a way to get my mind off of things.

I change into lighter clothes, grab a water bottle from the fridge, put on my boxing gloves, and start punching the red bag like it’s my mom, Hylla, Aunt Kathy, Jeremiah, anyone in my life who I feel has failed me.

Punch. Take that, mom.

Punch. That’s for leaving me alone, Hylla.

Punch. Punch. Treating me like a rat, Aunt Kathy? Punch. Punch.

Punch. Punch. Stealing my sister away from me, Jeremiah? Punch. Punch.

Soon enough, I feel better and start to get a little sweaty, so I sit down and rest a bit, then get into the shower.

When I come out, I dry my hair and change into shorts and a V-neck t-shirt, my hair in a ponytail; I look myself in the mirror, wanting to be more beautiful and graceful like Autumn.

We’re both skinny, but I’m more muscular, my cheekbones defined and all that—it’s annoying sometimes, because I wish I was more like a weak-skinny-girl type.

I look at the clock—8:55. Only five more minutes until Hylla comes home.

I mindlessly play with my hair, trying out new styles, trying to become a little more girly—it didn’t really work.

Suddenly, the door bell rang and I jump.

Why would Hylla ring the door bell?
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
:D

Guys, this is a must-see!

^ LMFAO THAT'S SO HILARIOUS AND CUTE! <3
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pink-bookworm said…
Awesomene story.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Kronos429 said…
:O You said Hylla was 13, then you said she was almost 15...
tf hollister? >.>
and the title could be better.... alot better :P
^ whooops
typo
that was what i originally typed, but in my mind i changed it
and i didn't come up with the title, but i think it's a really good one.
o_o
Then what should the title be? -_-'
lebih dari setahun yang lalu venus143 said…
that chapter was great and the video funny and cute haha anyways can't whait till someone posts:)
heart
Can someone post I can't wait
Pllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss­sss­see­eee­eee­eee­ee
I love it
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Meef said…
i want moar
lol thanks guys :)
MisterPerfect1 will post soon, maybe tomorrow? idk yet
Yeah. I'll post tomorrow.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu wierdo2 said…
big smile
I'M ELMO AND I KNOW IT!!!!
ill think of one... I always do :D
heart
Chapter Two

Jeremiah, my boyfriend, drove me back to my aunt’s house. He had such an awesome red Porsche that made anyone (everyone) at school jealous. I still couldn’t believe we were going out, but then again, I do. Besides being one of the most popular girls in school, why wouldn’t he go out with me? “Thanks for the ride,” I said, kissing him on the cheek.

Handing me my jacket, he said, “No problem. Are you busy tomorrow?” His hand traced down my cheek. I love the way he always touches me gently.

“Of course not.” I lifted one of my eyebrows. “As long as it’s with you, I’m always going to be there.” Jeremiah’s hand, sliding to the back of my neck, pulled me near. We were about to kiss when—the front porch lit up.

“Yuck!” It was Reyna. She held our front door ajar, her face etched with disgust. “Can’t your mouths stay away from each other for at least a second?”

Giving Jerry an apologetic look, I turned around. “What now, Rey?”

“One, don’t call me that; and two, get your butt in here. This is important!” I wave good-bye to Jeremiah and rushed into the house. I had to use all of my self-control not to strangle Reyna.

That could’ve been a very good kiss! I thought. As I walked in, I flung my jacket onto the coat rack. Reyna had already run into the living room. I had to admit: this place was a mess. If we had more money, I would’ve hired someone to reconstruct the entire house. Where was Extreme Home Makeover when you needed them?

“This is why I needed you so badly,” Reyna said. Before us stood a middle-aged lady with frizzy black hair that flowed over her shoulders. Her eyes were pitch black and held a calm, steady gaze. Everything about her made my nerves to start tingling. Danger! Danger! was like a neon sign, flashing in my mind.

Involuntarily, I took a step back. “Who are you?” I choked out.

The woman stood. She was surprisingly tall. The hem of her long black robe touched the floor, hiding her feet. She looked like the floating Grim Reaper’s wife. “I am Circe,” the woman said, spreading her arms in a somewhat welcoming gesture, “the Great Sorceress, user of magic.”

<Sorry, guys, for the short CHAPTER! I was busy working on my Mark of Athena. I promised Monica that I would add more romance.>
link
awesome! :D
i'll get working on the chapter soon and (hopefully) post tomorrow!
Awesome!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pjlover447 said…
Awesome post soon plzz
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pjlover447 said…
Awesome! Plzz post soon
i'll try to post tonight, or at least a preview tonight! but i'll probably post the whole thing tomorrow, or maybe Monday
cake
NEW PAGE! :D
Awesome.
Thanks, guys! And good luck, Monica!
Wow, xavier, just wow. I never knew you wuz teh mushy type.
I can never look at you the same again... xD
:O Circe? Already? Seems a little early for that. And Reyna and Hylla are daughters of Bellona.. They'll probably like have fighting instincts that make tehm fight Circe
lebih dari setahun yang lalu kristalovepercy said…
AWESOME! post soon i cant wait to see what happens next!!
lolwut?
What's wrong with being mushy. I only write that way because I have to fit in with the characters--which are girls.
And I've been reading some Cassandra Clare novels, so I guess I've started writing like her.
But she has action too...
Shadowhunters never stop being aweshum
hey guys, i'm posting!
hope you like the chapter :D

Chapter 3: Reyna

As soon as the door bell rang, I knew that it couldn’t be Hylla. She would have the key, unless her dirty boyfriend stole it. Which was a possibility, as far as I knew.

My heart had beat faster when the door bell rang, because who would be at our apartment at 8:55 PM? Surely not Girl Scouts selling Girl Scout cookies. Either way, I wouldn’t have answered them, because I hate Girl Scout cookies.

I carefully approached the door, peeping out the little hole in our door—there was a middle-aged woman with black, frizzy hair, wearing a long, flowy black robe. Somehow, she made that look work, even for her age. In fact, she looked more like twenty-something, with no wrinkles and perfect skin.

She didn’t seem TOO bad, and I was already pissed with Hylla, so I just decided to go against her rule of not talking to strangers. Sometimes strangers are okay, right?

Still, my hands were shaking as I touched the doorknob, opening it slightly.

When the door was slightly ajar, I stuck my head out, and the woman smiled.

“Hello. Is this the residence of Hylla and Reyna?”

“And who are you?” I asked, trying to keep my voice level, my face expressionless—I wasn’t sure if it worked or not.

The woman smiled. “My name is Circe. I’d like to talk to you and your sister.”

“Well, you’re going to have to wait, because she’s not here yet,” I stated, about to close the door on this creepy yet sweet woman.

She smiled again. “I can wait. May I come inside?”

“Umm…” I trailed off, nervously twisting the doorknob—if I let this strange woman I didn’t even know in, Hylla would SURELY kill me.

“Don’t worry, she won’t hurt you,” Circe assured me, letting herself in—rude much?

“Uhh, what are you exactly here for?” I asked, uncomfortable; was I supposed to offer her coffee or something?

Circe seemed to read my mind. “No, I don’t need coffee, thank you. And you two, you and Hylla, both of you are… special. You’d be the perfect assistants.”

“Assistants? As in a job? Okay, lady, I’m only twelve and Hylla’s only fifteen! How do you expect us to work for you?”

Circe smiled mysteriously. “I wouldn’t say it’s actually a… job.”

“Then what is it?” I asked, becoming more and more suspicious. Before Circe could say anything more, I heard a car pull up in our driveway, and I opened the door and ran outside to find Jeremiah and Hylla home.

“Yuck!” I said, seeing as they almost kissed—how disgusting. “Can’t you mouths stay away from each other for at least one second?”

“What now, Rey?” Hylla replied, and I could see she was pissed off that she didn’t get her kiss—too bad.

“One, don’t call me that; and two, get your butt in here! This is important!” I said, and ran back into the house, not even checking if Hylla was following—she probably would, though.

“This is why I needed you so badly,” I said, looking back to see that Hylla had flung her jacket on the couch, looking ready to explode.

Circe stood up, and I saw Hylla take a cowardly step back, and I smirked—I knew that I didn’t look that cowardly.

“Who are you?” She choked out, and I had to restrain myself from not laughing hysterically.

“I am Circe,” Circe said, spreading her arms in a somewhat welcoming gesture, “the sorceress, the user of magic.”

“Wait, you use MAGIC?!” I asked, my voice sounding high-pitched, my eyes wide open in shock—I heard Hylla gasp, and looked her way to see she looked confused as well.

Circe chuckled. “As much as it is hard to believe, it is true.”

“But… but I thought those weren’t real! They’re… myths, right?” Hylla asked, taking a step forward now next to me, almost protectively—I didn’t like that; pssh, I could take care of myself.

“Are they, though? I’m here in front of you, after all, so does that mean I’m a myth?” Circe asked, smiling warmly at us.

“I… I’m not sure,” Hylla stuttered—that was the first time I ever heard her sound so unsure, so I knew that this was much more serious than I thought it was.

“Why are you here? What do you want with us?” I asked, much more strongly than Hylla sounded—if my sister was going to be weak, then I had to be strong for both of us.

Circe seemed to notice the difference between mine and Hylla’s voice. “We have been short on employees at Circe’s Island, and I need the strongest, bravest, smartest young women to work for me. They must have leadership, too.” When she said the part of the leadership, Circe looked directly in my eyes, and I could see jealousy flash across Hylla’s face.

“Circe’s Island?” I asked, keeping my voice steady—I didn’t want to work for anyone, and we couldn’t just leave this apartment, this town, our lives.

“It doesn’t matter what it is, or where it is. We’re not leaving here, no matter what,” Hylla stated, her voice strong, her brown eyes dark and proud—she sounded like herself again.

Circe smiled. “Ah, but you haven’t heard more about you, more about me, and more about the Island.”

“We don’t need to know anything, thank you. Now would you mind leaving? Reyna needs to go to bed,” Hylla said again, going towards the door and gave me a little push towards the stairs.

I turned around. “Wait,” I said to Circe; Hylla glared at me, “I want to know more about what you are… and what other things we need to know about ourselves and your island.”

Circe smiled. “I knew you would be the one to ask that, Reyna; always curious.”

“Just tell me then get out of here,” I said strongly. “And why don’t we sit down, that’ll be more comfortable.”

I led the way to the table we used to eat dinner, getting out three cups and pouring some coffee in them. Hylla came next to me, grabbing the cups.

“What are you doing?!” She hissed in my ear, glaring at me. I wasn’t intimidated.

“She obviously knows a lot about us; so I wanna hear what she knows.”

“You seriously don’t think she’s someone bad?”

I shrugged. “Not sure yet. Just give her a chance, Hylla; I wanna know more about this island and myths and stuff.”

“Fine,” she grumbled, grabbing the cups from me. “But if she turns out to be bad, you’re the one to blame.”

I nodded. We went back to the table, and Circe gladly accepted the coffee.

“Well, we have much to discuss, no?” She said, winking.

“Just tell us, we don’t have time for nonsense,” Hylla stated, glaring at me.

Circe smiled. “Oh, you have much to learn, both of you. First thing’s first—you two are demigods.”

Hylla and I looked at each other—was this woman crazy?

“And,” Circe continued, smiling again, like she knew an inside joke and we didn’t, “your mother is the Roman goddess of war—Bellona.”
But right now, I've been trying to write stories with less action and more dialogue and drama. So I thought this story might help out. And hopefully, more romance. I just like trying something new... :]
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­__

Awesome chapter, Homie! ;D
oh, mkay then.
*facepalm*
Circe is not the goddess of magic....
Sometimes I wonder if you SKIP parts when you're reading, hollister.
HECATE is the goddess of magic. Circe is just an immortal that was Hecate's student or somethin. Maybe Circe's Aunt....?
The point is, she learned under Hecate; yes, she is immortal, but she's not a goddess. nuff said.
^ but MisterPerfect1 said in chapter 2 that she's the goddess of magic...
and i don't skip parts when i'm reading, gossh. :P stop being so judgamental of me sometimes...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu the-time-thief said…
big smile
Ahh! How did I not know about this???? Lol. Love it post soon!!
Oops. I must have mixed things up. I guess I was thinking of Hecate when I wrote that chapter. I'll change it.
:|
lebih dari setahun yang lalu universalpowa said…
lolz
its awesome btw!
and i forgot to comment..opps!
:P
post soon!! :D
I'm judgmental, deal with it
lol thanks guys :D
MisterPerfect1, it's fine, lol :)
Krnos429, i can tell. :P
I can't.
Sometimes, I think judgemental people are just jealous of others. But now, I'm not really sure...
XD
Im sorry if I hurt youh feelings.

._.
D:

.-.
cloudy
Chapter Four (cont.)

"Wait, Balogna?" I asked.

Circe looked like she was about to slap me. "Bellona," she repeated. "Well, I'm not surprised. Most of her children act this way."

"Are you calling me dumb?" Reyna stepped forward. "You can call my sister dumb, but when it's me, then—"

Circe waved her hand—and Reyna went mute. It was like she had become a human popsicle. She just there with her mouth wide open. This was the happiest day of my life.

I turned to the woman. I guessed she couldn't be that bad. "So what do you want?"

"Haven't I said it already." Circe reached into her black robe and pulled out. . .her hand. It was empty.

"Cool, a hand," I said.

Then she turned over her open palm and pulled out a brochure from thin air. "Here," she said, throwing the brochure at me. "This tells you everything you need to know about Circe's Spa."

"Wait, you never told me it was a spa!"

But with a snap, she vanished in a pillar of smoke. The snap must've re-animated Reyna because she said: "—you've gone too far, chica."

But I ignored. I opened the brochure and looked through it. Then I looked throughout the room. Our house was a trash dump. But this spa could mean a new beginning. A clean beginning.

Without hesitating, I grabbed Reyna. "Where are we going?" Reyna asked.

"To a place where all your dreams come true," I replied.

"Disneyland?"

"No, even better."

And with that, I ran into our rooms and I started to pack.
awesome :D
now i gotta start the chapter.. tomorrow, though, lol
so, i'll probably post tomorrow.. or Thursday.. or Friday.. or Saturday (depending on how fast i type up the chapter)
Will read this later because my brother has his music playing.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu secret-roses said…
love it!