Stefan & Elena Stelena rant thread.

nikki_A posted on May 17, 2011 at 04:59AM
I figured we should have one.

I figured we should have one.

Stefan & Elena 17 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nikki_A said…
Here are a few arguments that will make you wanna bang your head against the wall!! When will those DE-ers ever get it??!!

For me the final showed that Stefan doesn't love Elena all that much after all, and that Elena doesn't love Stefan all that much after all. They both pretend to live an "epic love" that does not exist

And I can't help remembering when Elena said she doesn't understand love nor wants to be a vampire. If she was so sure her love for Stefan, wouldn't she at least be considering becoming a vampire?

Stefan/Elena are the antithesis of epic. They are the reason I can no longer stomach that term when it comes to romance. I mean, WTH. When do they do anything other than brood and sing-song sweet nothings into each others faces? And they "fell in love" after ten episodes. TEN. How fricking contrived is that? Out of the blue, Elena is all, "When it's real, you can't walk away!!" and I'm like, "WTH, Elena?! How do you even know if it's real. You're seventeen years old and you just broke up with the only boyfriend you've ever had." And, anyway, these two people suck the life out of a room when they're together. There's no buzz between them. It's always, "Man, are we epic or what?" "LOL, yes. Like remember that time we flew into a ferris wheel together?" "LOL ELENA YES. Remember that time I took you to climb a mountain on your last day as a human being and you asked to do it again and I was all 'LOL NO. YOU MUST SWEAT OFF YOUR HUMANITY BEFORE TONIGHT'?" In conclusion: There is nothing epic here. Move along.

Also.. SE are such a.. tell not show kind of couple.. They have to tell us they're epic, and that they love each other soo sooooo much in every other scene.. i'm pretty sure more than half their scenes together involve them making out.. i just.. what exactly is so epic about those two?? The fact that he stalked her before he squirmed his way into her life? Is that what makes them epic?

I just don't understand why they think that they're it for each other. I understand that Stefan got her through a very tough time after her parents died, but what connection do they really have? What do these two people have in common? They really enjoy sucking face and discussing the exponential growth of their epic love for one another...? I mean, Stefan "loves" Elena so much that he's willing to let her die, but he locks Damon up to prevent him from doing the same thing? Just. What. How does that not open an entirely different discussion of how Stefan doesn't understand love. It's all we heard about on the DE front. But that's another debate entirely.

Yeah, sure, Stefan was what she needed once upon a time, it doesn't mean he's the love of her life though. And IKR!? Ohh Elena wants to die, it's her choice though.. i respect it.. it's cool i mean, she might come back to me OMGee Damon you will NOT die!! I will move mountains for you!! Which is awesome for the brotherhood, it was in dire need of something like this, but really??

Yeah, I just don't see how SE are a forever kind of thing. She said herself that she doesn't want to be a vampire, so why how in the frick is it "always gonna be Stefan"? Their whole relationship is one gigantic oxymoron for me. Just... no. But, in my opinion, the oxymorons really started becoming apparent at the tail end of this season, so maybe that's the unraveling of SE. I hope so. Because I hate them.

"IDK what love is.. ahem.. i mean .. i love YOU! I do!! " LOL WHAT!? I felt like she caught herself and tried to fix it

In my opinion, Damon is MUCH more important for Stefan than Elena. It was obvious from the start. And you know, as a DE and Stefan/Damon fan I can't even complain But anyway, as for SE, right now they only proved to me once again how wrong they are for each other. I watched two seasons of this show and still don't get WHY do they "love" each other? I can't answer this question nor can I understand why do they have a much better chemistry with other people if they are supposed to be each other's twu wuvs.

Currently I'm at 2X15/16 and what did I see there? I see Damon trying as hard as he can to save Elena while Stefan enjoys his romantic weekend with her. Stefan was pretty pointless and useless in those two episodes, because everything was done by Damon and Alaric + Elena and her friends. Stefan is a great character, but for some reason when it comes to Elena he shows his worst sides.

He's pretty useless in a lot of eps where Elena is concerned..

14/15 they go on a getaway.. Everyone else is left to take care of Elijah.

17 he's Elena's "bodyguard" while Damon is in charge of finding the burial ground, then she gets kindapped on his watch so he calls Damon

18 has him whining about Damon's tactics which saved Bonnie/Elena & allowed Stefan to comfort Elena..

19 has him blindly accepting all of Elena's life or death choices, no ands if/buts about it.

20 has him be ok with Elena possibly dying and taking her hiking!!! and then he calls Damon.. again, when Klaus takes her away

21 was better.. and 22 was awesome but not for SE.. for DS.. and DE

lebih dari setahun yang lalu SalvatoreBroFTW said…
*BANGS HEAD ON: WALL,DESK,COMPUTER,BOOKS,BED,CLOSET,AND ANTHING ELSE WITHIN REACH*

I just......omg seriously! ok i wont even START to answer/try to explain to this person why stelena is epic.

let's just let these people live in their own little bubble!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AngelGirl1992 said…
LFMAO I just had a good laughing fit. Had enough stomach exercise for today. MY lord seriously that person is to funny. And honestly I really really doubt that person is a fan of Stefan/Damon brotherhood, because if she did then how in earth could she ship Delena, when it is very clear that Delena could ruin the brotherhood of Stefan/Damon? :headshake:
lebih dari setahun yang lalu SalvatoreBroFTW said…
^ Exactly!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AngelGirl1992 said…
sunny
Okay Stelena fans come on. where are you all. We need to keep this place active. Just because the next season is more about Delena isn't the reason for us just to give up on Stefan&Elena. Really people. Do you guys understand what kind of love Stefan&Elena have. They are starcrossed, yes STARCROSSED. So I don't doubt in any way that they will make it through. People understand this. Since when are we defeated by Delena huh. Since when. I am not ready to give up on this couple. And neither should you girls
lebih dari setahun yang lalu nikki_A said…
Why is this thread dead??!! *pouts*
lebih dari setahun yang lalu egreenberg said…
why are the stelena fans dead??? We all need to find one page on facebook, or twitter and connect if we really need to BUT everything is sooo out of date! what if we have to petition or something. Where do we find the stelena fans?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu louis0117 said…
big smile
@egreenberg: Hey you ! Join with us link. This site is the best place for Stelena fans :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ducky8abug4u said…
smile
(This is in response to a poster's comment on the Bamon RANT thread. I was told my comments were inappropriate and should be posted in forums that focused on characters I was discussing. So I'm c/ping my comments here. I hope its not too intrusive.)

@(Name deleted for privacy purposes)

That's a biased theory. It villainizes the protagonist and victimizes the antagonist. Damon, the antagonist, operates on self-deception. His obsession is the lie he chooses to believe. He believes heroism will engender affection on Elena's part. Elena, the protagonist, also operates on self-deception. She, however, is drawn to the delusion that she can save Stefan. As viewers, we know Stefan has to save himself. Unfortunately, her delusion won't allow her to get past her need. Therefore, I believe Elena has NOT unconsciously or consciously victimized Damon nor manipulated anyone to her will.

Please note, I’m not a fan but that theory you've got going there doesn't quite jive. I do, however, agree with your rant on Bonnie and I have something to add on that score. It's just going to take a minute or two to collect my thoughts.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Bangelusfan said…
Let me laugh 'ohh he's earned it' yeah he earns a Mary Sue in my books

IGN: With Stefan and Elena separated for pretty big reasons, did you just think the time was right for the next step in the evolution between Damon and Elena?

Williamson: Well, yeah and also just to stir things up a little bit. It's one of those things where I felt like we knew it was going to anger the Stefan and Elena fans, but we also… I felt that we had earned it. I felt like it's Season 3 and from the moment they first met, all the way up until now… He's earned it. He's proven some worth and he's done some good, solid things for Elena. He's developed a friendship with her. She can trust him now. There's a relationship there now and I felt like we earned it. And also, it's just going to make it that much more interesting…. This complicates things. Love is complicated and relationships are complicated and we're just entering the next phase of it. And Stefan is so tragic now, because you've got this fallen hero who, yes, I love him, but is he ever going to love himself? I don't think he's ever going to forgive himself. Because he's been hard on himself. We've established that. We set it up – that's one of the reasons he drank animal blood, is because it was his penance for all the wrong things he had done. And now will he ever be able to forgive himself and get back from it? And earn the love of a girl again? She'll love him, but I don't think he's going to let her so easily.

And why doesn't this conforts me

This is nerdy, but the way you’re describing the Damon/Elena/Stefan triangle reminds me a bit of DAWSON’S CREEK season 3, when Pacey and Joey really formed a friendship because Dawson pushed her away.
JP: Yes, that’s true. That’s true! Somebody tweeted at me, “Pacey and Joey’s been done already, don’t be a hack that repeats yourself.” Or something like that. Something horrible. [Laughs] I was just like, all right, everybody simmer down. It’s not the same. There’s no rule in the love triangle paradigm that says the first guy is not the last guy, or the second guy is the end game. There’s no rules…you see it, you let these relationships play out the way that the story leads them. You don’t force the story anywhere. And I think that’s one of the reasons this particular love triangle has so many levels — as Elena grows up, who she loves and why she loves them and how she feels about it is part of her journey.

Are they really gonna blow it?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu twilighter4evr said…
heart
I'm tired of the Delena fans and there hope for an end game it's superficial not really like Stefan and Elena I wish they would just get it in there head that it's not REAL!!!! sorry had to vent LOL! Stelena 4evr
You know that surprising kiss in 3x14 we thought it would be a SE kiss? it's a de kiss...what's surprising about this Julie? Uh? No Bonnie and now de kissing, You should be a little more professional here! OK you love DE but you're working for a TV show okay? leave the fangirling behind your back!!! RANT over

link
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu samjhart said…
Sorry guys, but for me what this season has proved that SE are meant to be more than ever. Stefan and Elena have both made their fair share of bad choices when it comes to their relationship but I think Elena gets the stick for allowing history to repeat itself. I'm not saying she's not allowed to move on, but with Damon of all people? Someone who in actual fact is consciously being the Stefan that he thinks Elena fell in love with?

Sorry, bad idea.

Least of all, that their brothers, I think from Elena's side she IS A VERY CONFUSED PERSON. She was the darling of her parents, family, friends and the town - and got away with her anything because of her nature. She started RELATIONSHIPS THAT WAY. Elena believed her nature (and the Salvatores didn't help) more specifically her 'caring' nature solved most of life's problems for her. She STILL believes that love can change anything, which I think is problematic for her when it comes to the serious issues that face those who are in love with her.

I think at this moment in time this is a huge, huge hurdle that she has to overcome as an individual. Her relationship with Stefan as fulfilling as it was, was unequal in the sense she was 17 yrs old. Elena maybe you could have said an 'old soul' but in reality she wasn't really READY for the idea that they had LIVES BEFORE HER. Elena may have loved Stefan, and learnt to love his 'bad side' but she wasn't really ready for the extent of it.

This. This season is their learning curve. Stefan was more than a boyfriend to her, he was also her friend. She respected him no matter what. And that's what held them above each other and everybody else. I think that Elena is slowly coming to terms with what had happened and what is happening.

And midst it all, her feelings haven't changed. She may 'care' about others such as Tyler, Matt and Damon but..she gives Stefan what she doesn't give others. HER RESPECT. I'm sorry but the fact that she TOLD Stefan that she had kissed Damon spoke volumes..She may not believe that they're over but in their hearts of hearts she hasn't let Stefan go. His opinion still matters. Yes, you could put it down to fear, guilt that she told him but she RESPECTED HIM ENOUGH TO NOT COVER UP HER FEELINGS. The fact is, she wasn't leading Stefan on..wow. That's huge in Gilbert world.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu samjhart said…
heart
Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.

I freakin' love 3x14!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ollea said…
SE <3<3<3<3 Meant to be, why do everybody hate them? They are so sweet and innocent. Stefan makes Elena a better person. She is not a good person without him.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Stella_01 said…
I don't feel like I am specifically pro Stelena or pro Delena, but I don't know where else to put this critique. I just recently started watching the vampire diaries. I've always heard my sister go on about how Stefan is ugly and how perfect Damon and Elena are. When I started watching the show for myself, I didn't really feel how she felt about Stefan. Stefan has got problems, but both the brothers do. Anywho, I was watching an episode in season 3 and even though you could tell before that the show was catering to Ian fan girls, you could really feel it so blatantly in this episode. I'm not good with everyone's names, so bear with me. The episode was where Damon and Elena go to find someone who may know which specific Original is part of Damon, Stefan, and Caroline's blood line. Towards the end of the episode the ghost of the vampire (I call her Vampire Maggie because the actress is on the walking dead) goes on and on about how great Delena is. It felt ridiculous. I could understand if the character would have said "I love Damon and I want him to be happy." I knew that when I started watching that for the most part it was a Delena centric series, but I just didn't like how they put that scene together. It's sad because on one of the previous episodes where Damon and Stefan were making amends, I thought it was one of the best episodes of the season. When it comes to couples I don't think the audience should be told whether or not they are perfect or horrible. I think when you see a couple interact with each other, you either get it or you don't. I'm not anti Ian (I actually love the actor ever since he was on Lost) and I can't say that I hate Delena (even though they can get on my nerves sometimes). I just hated that scene for how bias it was.