Sherlock Holmes New BBC take on Sherlock

Amelia_Shephard posted on Jul 27, 2010 at 12:14AM
Did anyone catch this yesterday? I was plesently suprised considering how finicky I am regarding anyone else appart from Jeremy playing Holmes.

This was a modern day re-telling of 'A study In Scarlet.' I noticed a couple of actors present in it also appeared in the orignal JB itv series. How odd.

Looking forward to seeing the next episode. Hope they continue with it and it does'nt go down hill. The bloke who played Holmes was quite good. I'm sure he watched JB's Holmes.
x

Sherlock Holmes 5 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mark5 said…
smile
Yes, I liked it too.
I loved the game they played with the viewer's knowledge of Doyle's text (like the explanation for Rache). I hope they keep it witty and dynamic, because I'd like to see more.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu francescarfax said…
laugh
I loved all 3, i loved how they used direct quotes from the books, how i could anticipate what he would say next sometimes. i thought it was great how they incorperated so many of the stories and really cruel to keep us hanging on till next year to see how they escape. thank goodness for the dvd release.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Simpgirl87 said…
heart
I loved this from the start, and these three little episodes are what got me into Holmes. Since they first shown on PBS I have read or listened to almost all of the original stories, and sought out and watched many other movie/tv versions. The more I read or watch, the more I realize just how good Moffat and Gatis are and how they are true fans of the originals. They've put in a lot of little refferances that only fans would get!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu paperairplanes said…
heart
I think this version could show other people the "Sherlock Universe" because I wasn't a huge fan but, I saw those 3 episodes and I really fell in love with Sherlock! :D
I think the cast was good and the episodes were cool... I'm waiting to more episodes... :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu buddy2blogger said…
I watched the first season and am waiting for the second season to air in the US :(

Cumberbatch is my favorite Modern Holmes while Livanov remains my favorite Classical Holmes :)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu