Senna ichisen "the dream"

ling12 posted on Mar 27, 2011 at 12:16AM
The dream…I can't…I need…I need to remember it.
Ichigo laid in his bed, staring out the window and up into the night sky, thinking, thinking hard. His orange brows were creased with concentration, and a scowl was set upon his face as he thought.
There was a woman, a fair looking woman, with dark purple hair that fell just past her shoulders. Her eyes were amber, a deep, beautiful amber that held such warmth that it could sooth even the coldest of hearts.
Ichigo's eyes narrowed as he tried to recall the rest, reaching into his subconscious and grasping whatever else he could of what happened.
We were in a meadow, and she was in the distance, laughing, twirling in the wind as it whistled past her and enveloped her in its cool arms. When she saw me…she stopped. She stopped moving, going into complete stillness. She hardly even breathed, as if her own breath had caught in her throat.
We both just stood there, looking at each other, neither one of us making a move. Finally, I took a step forward, curious, wanting to know who she was, and what she was doing in the meadow. Yet, when I moved toward her, she seemed to regain mobility at the same time as me, and took a step back, smiling at me. It was a sad smile, but there was a tiny glint of hope in her eyes. Desperate for her not to leave just yet, I spoke out to her. "Who are you?" I called, and the wind caught my words, holding it a moment, and then carried it toward her. The woman stiffened for a moment, and then she relaxed, but she had suddenly taken on a defeated expression. She turned away, and, wait; did I see the glint of a single tear rolling down her cheek? I was confused and baffled by her sadness, so I tried to call out to her again, but my voice betrayed me, and no sound came from my open mouth. Then…and then…
Ichigo rubbed his temples and closed his eyes, trying to remember the rest, but to his dismay, the more he thought about it, the less he remembered.
Wait, what were the color of her eyes again? They…they were blue… no, no they weren't blue, they were…they were…Wait…was her hair purple or, or was it blonde? Brunette? I-I can't even remember her face anymore! I just, I just can't…I can't remember anything.
Ichigo sighed. He rolled over on his bed, placing his hands underneath his pillow as he sat his head onto it, preparing to go back to sleep. That's when his fingers suddenly felt the soft material of velvet underneath his pillow. Blinking once, his fingers slowly grasped the object, and pulled it out to reveal its identity. It was a long, dark red ribbon.
Of course, Ichigo had had this ribbon for a very long time. He didn't even remember how he got it, all he knew was that it was important and as precious as gold. However, a strange thought came to his mind.
This, this ribbon, this was that woman's.
The thought came to his brain before he had time to register it, to remind himself that the woman was in a dream, that she was not real. Then, he went still, and his whole body was stiff with shock.
Her name. I know it! It's right on the tip of my tongue! I know it, I know her name. It…It is…
Ichigo held the ribbon firmly in his hand, and he stared at it intently, as if, if he looked at it long enough, the name would come to him. But, it didn't.
Ichigo chuckled softly to himself, laughing at his own stupidity as he placed the ribbon once again gently underneath his pillow. Of course he did not know her name; of course the ribbon had not been her's. The girl wasn't real; she was just a figment of his imagination. Feeling overwhelmed by sudden exhaustion, he slowly closed his eyes, and started to drift off. However, right before Ichigo fell into unconsciousness, it came to him. The name. Her name.

It's…it's Senna. That's it. That is her name.

Then he fell asleep, never to remember the dream, or Senna, when he awoke the next morning.

Senna No balasa