Rosario Vampire Fan-Fiction: Mizore "companion character"

Mr_Fanfic posted on Sep 23, 2011 at 06:09AM
What started out for me as a significant moe for Mizore Shirayuki has transformed into an arbitrary necessity to hypothetically redirect her depressing character development; in regards to her stalker-obsession with Tsukune Aono. This has become a conveniently effective excuse to further develop my companion character for Mizore.
Before a more in-depth research into Mizore Shirayuki’s character development I imagined a silent, perhaps nerdy, male student with telekinesis, for ignorance of better options. Mizore encounters him randomly outside of class and he soon befriends Tsukune and aids his harem in battles (usually with rocks he carries in a small pouch). One day he decides to come to terms with his feelings for Mizore and inquires Tsukune as to how he could convince Mizore to cast aside her obsession with Tsukune, and in that conversation, realizes his perfect situation. By this time he is already good friends with Mizore and has distracted her from her general stalking of Tsukune on more than one occasion. He meets Mizore in a park and begins a casual conversation which he eases onto the topic of Tsukune, and eventually makes implicit confessions of love which end with him saying that he cares for her too much to let her be a hopeless stalker for the rest of her life; this is mainly an attempt to seem less selfish by seeming compassionate and concerned for Mizore.
After further researching Mizore Shirayuki’s development I largely scrapped this idea. Since the yokai of Rosario+Vampire are all based off mythical Japanese monsters a companion character with telekinesis could not be a yokai and therefore couldn’t be a fellow student. I also decided that since the seasons seem rather short at only 13 episodes each, and because Mizore will likely marry only a few years after graduation if not sooner, the traditional slow progression of the relationship would likely take too long. While most fundamental aspects of the companion character remained unchanged, I decided that he couldn’t be a yokai or a student at Yokai Academy, and instead of a telekinetic, he would be a conduit. A conduit is a variation on a telekinetic that can manipulate energy rather than matter. He would appear to Tsukune before his senior year and acquaint himself almost immediately with Tsukune and his harem. After discovering Tskune’s situation, he would reveal to Mizore (and eventually the others) his powers, and how, through his newest powers, he discovered the truth behind true love. He mentally searched the globe for a possible soulmate, a search that led him here, and has recently discovered that his unknown love interest was Mizore. When revealing himself to Mizore, he taps into her nerves and shows how he knows he is in love with her by converting her chemical energy into sound waves, as well as his own; showing that the soundwaves made from their chemical energy waves were a perfect fifth (or perfect harmony).
After this thought I found that there was a yokai species that was loose enough to allow multiple power sets, bringing back the possibility of a telekinetic or conduit that was also a yokai. This leaves my two versions of a companion character for Mizore Shirayuki open to merging, taking the most realistic (for a fan-fiction about such a story) and/or entertaining aspects of each version to create an ideal character. From here, I look to you for help.

Rosario Vampire 39 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Mr_Fanfic said…
After giving this matter some thought, I realized that I might be thinking all wrong about romantic chemistry. Based on which form is preferable, a silent, nerdy guy might be more suitable for Kumuru (to compliment her outwardly flirtatious personality). I guess we have more material to discuss.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Hades378 said…
I have givin this exact thing some thought myself, and to me the biggest flaw in your idea is that your character (lets call him Jack for sake of conversation) is trying to make Mizore open up to HIM. Givin her fragile emotional state (relationship wise) and the cercumstances that led to it, as well as her infatuation with Tskune, she needs to open up to him. This would require a good deal of time and some delacate external stimuli. After all she was willing to continue stalking him despite knowing that she didn't have a chance with him anymore (see the Moka kidnaping arc in season 2 of the manga for refrence) so her desire to be with him must be deep rooted.
Continuing my previous comment, I'd like to share some of the ideas I had, in hope that it can assist you. One idea I had for "Jack" was based off the concepts of an "average person stuck in a bad/unusual situation", "limitless potential" (the latter being a favorite of mine) as well as the Persona ability from Atlus' "(Shin Megami Tensei)Persona" series. Primarily the Wild Card power displayed in the third and fourth games. He would arrive at the Academy during the beginning of second semester of the first season (sometime after the Ruby joins the group) as a human transfer student. Though it isn't revieled at first, the reason behind his transfer is his unusual power, which the Headmaster discovers (through an unexplaind method, which I thought would fit the Headmasters personality as well as leave some room for development) it is also worth noting that Jack has yet to dicover this power himself. Jacks first day would lead to him discovering that he has transfered to a school for monsters, and ponders-
-wether or not he should transfer out of the academy. But decides against it for the time being, since doing so would not only be an act of cowardice, but an open denial of the truth. We then cut to a vengeful enemy(most likely the members of the diciplinary commity) planning their revenge on the Newspaper club. Then we go back to Jack who, over the following few days, has joined the Newspaper club and become aquianted with the main characters. After that Tskune talks to Jack alone and asks if he is human. Tskune had come to this conclusion by comparing some of Jacks behavior with his own from when he first came to the acadamy himself. Jack tells Tskune that he is human and Tskune likewise tells Jack that he is human. They disscus this briefly only to be interupted by Yukari who tells them that the others are trying to fend off the diciplinary commity. Tskune, Yukari, and Jack rush to aid them, but still have trouble stopping their opponent.
During the fight Jack is severely injured in the cross fire and falls to the ground, but somehow manages to pick himself up. He is then assaulted by the full awareness of his situation which causes him to re-experience his life, and that in turn causes him to awaken to his power: Persona. Jacks additional support allows the Newspaper club to win the battle, but Jacks injuries cause him to go to faint, only to awaken in the schools medical area surronded by the members of the Newspaper club. Tskune questions his powers and inadvertantly reveals reveals that Jack is a human. They discuss this briefly but eventually leave Jack alone so that he can recooperate. About 2 days later Tskune arrives to visit Jack and tells him about his confrenation with Mizore (since Jack was unable to be there due to his injuries) and some of the things he had heard about her (like her freezing the two students). Tskune then voices his concerns about her just being lonely, before he leaves. Jack then reflects upon what Tskune told-
him and decides to go investigate since he used to feel lonely after his biological parents died several years ago. Jack eventually found Mizore by the cliff and through much pestering manages to get her to tell him about her feelings as well as what had happned with Kotsubo (the gym teacher). Jack is shocked to find out what really happned, and is shocked again when Kotsubo himself arrives. Kotsubo insists that Mizore was lying, but Jack choses to believe Mizore instead. Kotsubo attacks naturaly, and Jack is forced to defend himself. However Jack is still recovering so he is unable to fight at his full potential. Fortunatly the others arrive to help him and Kotsubo is defeated. After the others take him back to his room and scolding him for trying to fight in his condition, Jack finds himself alone with Mizore. After inquiring his reasons for helping her, she asks him what she should do now. Jack tells her to follow her heart, so she resumes stalking Tskune the next day.
I thought that by having them meet like this it would allow them to have a good relationship from the start, while giving their more intamate feeling some room to grow in away that would make sense. You should know that this is supposed to all take place in the manga universe, and that "Jack" is just a temporary name: I intend to give him a more Japanese name in the future. And I know that Jack is alot like Tskune in a lot of ways. Thats because I wanted to give the two of them somthing in common, something only the two of them could relate to, after all they ARE supposed to be best friends (I always found it a little odd that Tskune was the only DECENT male charecter, and that he hade no male friend. Gin dosn't count since he's a slimeball.)
In fact originally Jack was supposed to be a fire based Yokai with a mischievous, and outgoing personality (to complement Mizores ice based powes and, her quite, withdrawn personality.). I might still go with that idea since Human Jacks powers are rip-offs, though its easier to develop him when he's human. Anyway, there are plenty of things about Jack that I didn't mention so if you want more advice, or just need any sort of assistance, cotact me okay? I'd really like to see your finished product of this. (y'know assuming you havn't already made it LOL)

P.S. Jack was supposed to have a slightly above average apperance, and wearing a relaxed version of the school uniform....I realized I didn't cover that particular issue just now so I thought I'd throw this part in here to address it.
Very interesting. I just didn't really want to start J off in material that's already made because I kinda had a problem with violating canon, even if it's just fan-fiction. As for his powers, I've managed to read the Manga up to about Ch. 14 of the first season and I got a new idea on what a "conduit" is. I can start to see J as having the ability to directly manupulate supernatural energy, the idea being that he's a conduit of supernatural energy. While this may or may not work well with having a human upbringing (especially considering how scientific I am), I think it's the best option. It may seem to you that he's trying to open up to Mizore, but the idea was that he feels the need to hide his emotions from Mizore because he fears how she would react and doesn't want to ruin his chances. I would agree with you that it would be much better if Mizore opened up to J and if she does J would be quick to embrace her. Once again this kind of personality might compliment Kumuru so the possibilities remain.

I do not have a final product because I'm in college and my studies have been keeping me busy. I also kinda lost interest in Rosario+Vampire after reading 14 consecutive chapters of the manga (big mistake). Right now I'm just amazed anyone get on here anymore, I must be too used to 4chan. Anyway I think our current priority should be finding a name for this guy.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I agree with that first part wholeheartedly. Like I said I didn't want to make the human Jack since his powers are completely based off of something else. Im currently trying to merge my Yokai version of Jack with the human version of Jack so that he'll have all of the powers and upbringing of Yokai Jack, but the personality traits of Human Jack in a way that makes sense. I havn't actually MADE this mind you (since there are things I need to iron out like the situation mentioned above) but I really want to someday.

Also though I know what a conduit is and the many variations of the term, I can't seem to get an idea of what his powers are. Can you give me a few examples?

I also understand the part where "Jack" hides his feelings for Mizore. The way it was supposed to go was that they began to realize their feelings for each other over time though once they did (which would probably take place a short time before the first season of the manga ended), Mizore would deny those feelings at first since she would still have feelings for Tsukune but accept them soon after and her indecision being the main reason why her and Jack don't become a coulpe. On Jack's side he of course would have a reluctance to act on those feelings himself for the same reason your character does, as well as because he doesn't want to cause any emotional turmoil for her. Though sometime near the beginning of second manga series they WOULD get together. And if we wanted to translate this all into the Anime we'd defiantly have to find a way to condense it all.

And to be fair Kurumu and Mizore are similar in many, many ways.

I discovered this forum page by chance while searching for a Fanfiction about an original character(that's my favorite kind)though im certainly glad I did. I even created an account here just the other day for the sole purpose of being able to talk to you about this. I even used my PS3's crappy typing system (couldn't get on my PC at the time).

As for the name I always go with something symbolic or meaningful to the character.
Honestly a conduit power structure is very broad, and Jacks potential could be limitless. Although his mental strength and capacity significantly limit his possibilities. The oldest definition of conduit (which I'm basing this off of) is something or someone that can connect with the realm of spirits. The way I have translated this is that Jack is a person who can connect with supernatural energy. He can control it directly. A combat-related example is the ability to use supernatural energy as a bolt, similar to a lightning bolt. My original inspiration for the conduit powers was the game Infamous so you should be able to get an idea of where I'm going.
I thought it might be infamous...but they can only use one kind of power, with the exception of John White of course. So would you say he's like John...or someone like Cole who can only use 1 power? (the additional Ice or Fire powers don't count since they were received) Though I am aware that a single power has multiple uses, since for example Cole can use electrical pulses to read the mind of someone.
He would be kinda like Cole in that he has one power with nearly infinite uses. I also think Jack could have a mind-reading/telepathic ability. I actually started out basing Jacks powers on Cole's: augmenting melee attacks with supernatural energy or concentrating it into an explosive form, but also using it to levitate or healing yourself with it. As for additional powers like fire manipulation, I think that those should be left to another character. Who knows we might end up making two characters.

An alternative personality for Jack I'm thinking of is... honestly someone who's a bit of a dick. Let's call him Bryce for now. Bryce thinks strongly of most things, or at least seems to. To make matters worse, he's often short-tempered and has no tolerance for being teased. I could even see him getting into a bit of trouble on occasion for using his powers against bullies. While most see him as an antisocial punk or an angsty, self-centric brat, Mizore considers him a lonely, tortured soul and thinks she can bring a little happiness to his life.

Honestly these characters are coming out as something of romanticized versions of myself at certain stage of life. This Bryce character I'm modeling after my experience in Junior High, much of which I remember vividly. What do you think?
First he's Jack then he's Bryce? LOL I guess we really do need a better name for this guy.

Well I like the idea of having a flexible power set,though I'm not sure if we should go with this version of the idea. I mean...someone who can manipulate energy would be TOO powerful right? I mean EVERYTHING functions on energy. For example, Bryce could probably use his powers to absorb kinetic energy or electric energy and etc. which would literally make him indestructible or unbeatable. And plus we would have to find away to make this presentable to our audience, I mean Bryce can't just show up and be like "I have these powers that no one else has, for no real reason in particular." There has to be a REASON behind his powers if they are unique. Now it would be a different story if this was some kind of Monster though, I mean we can explain THAT easily since the setting of the series is within the world of monsters. However I'm not so sure if a "conduit" is something from any mythology. And plus you said he should have a human upbringing right? If we wanted a character like THAT they would have to have acquired their power, or MAYBE have it to where Bryce would be a monster from the beginning but doesn't know it for his entire life, however that is an idea that is overused, and i'd rather not have to take that route unless we have a solid and mildly-original reason as to why Bryce's powers were kept from him.

I kinda like the idea of Bryce being violent and a little short tempered. Add a sense of justice and a strong will and we have the recipe for a very good character. I want him to be strong but flawed, and I also think his powers should reflect that. That will not only give him room develop physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

My high school and junior high experiences were rather different. I was more of the quite type myself...I guess rather like Mizore as a matter of fact. (Though one difference is I never had any romantic issues) But its good that you actually have something in common with your character. That gives you actual experience to draw from. Though its perfectly natural if you wanted to go with something different (remember nothing is set in stone yet).
I had an idea for a Yokai type Bryce could be. I think something like a "Demon" would be appropriate. We could say that "Demons" are supposed to be like the first species of Yokai or something, that way they could have multiple powers which could be explained by evolution. OR we could say that all OTHER types of Yokai are just descendants of Demons which would naturally make them stronger than most other monsters (with exceptions like the Vampire, Werewolf, and Phoenix, the latter has been used in the second season of the manga, just so you know) though we should call them by something different since "Demon" seems to be more of a term in the series. I was thinking somthing along the lines of "Fiend".
In reply to you're comment on Bryce's personality, remember that he's also rather judgmental and condescending. Think of it as the converse of superiority complex. If you want an easily identifiable yokai species, would a psychic work? As a psychic, Bryce would be mentally intertwined with other sentients. His powers will have to be altered but I think it can fit his personality. While I understand your concern with him being extremely overpowered, remember that his powers are limited by the power of "his mind." It's the difference between what's possible and what's probable or practical.
I've actually come up with some good ideas about his background and even early in his time at Youkai Academy. While I suppose there would be some problems with his parents dying I think it would open up possibilities for greater cohesion. I suggest his powers begin developing around 8 or ten, starting out as occasional voices in his head, which are actually others' thoughts. In a few years he learns to control his ability to hear others' thoughts as well as other powers such as telepathically projecting his thoughts to other psychics (maybe even any sentient). This might be manifested as telepathic conversations with his parents. Somewhere along the road he starts forming his condescending opinions of people because he can read their most volatile thoughts, so his personality could be a result of him losing his innocence at an early age: he becomes so shocked at what he's finding out that it emotionally scars him. Ultimately sharing his mind with his parents doesn't become enough, and he starts speaking his mind to his classmates and teachers. As a result, they start to avoid him. This is one reason I say that losing his parents could add to the background since it would consummate the theme of complete lack of compassion and add a lot more substance to his infatuation with Mizore.
I've just come up with a name for our character. Guiru (Japanese version of Guile) which is also a synonym for "cleverness."

I have been thinking that one of the ways his attitude combined with his powers were so effective and making people avoid him was because, since the first power he developed was mind-reading, he tended to know people's dark secrets and exploited them when responding to verbal abuse. He has managed (and still manages) to hurt people's feelings this way. This is one reason Guile seems fitting. The other way is that, after befriending Tsukune and Mizore and the others, he somewhat moves from always insulting people to only insulting bullies and eventually to responding to teases and insults with witty comebacks; I can see a few students (such as Gin) getting a kick out of insulting him.

I also found out a somewhat original way to put him in the human world as well as for his parents' death. After his parents die he is fostered by a childless married couple who were friends of his parents. Because he knew better than to tell them about his powers they never really understood him, leading to several complications with his foster parents.
I've even thought up a new power for him: a mental attack. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a "Stink-Eye" or "Evil Eye" that causes mental trauma, dementia, or even brain damage depending on the "impulse" of the attack (impulse=force*duration in physics terminology).
Okay i'll be brutally honest. He sounds Evil. I know he's SUPPOSED to have some problems, but the way you portray him...I dunno he just doesn't seem to have any good qualities about him. Now I'll also say that his powers seem a little too...unbalanced. On one hand his powers can fight people using his mind, so the weak minded go down too easily, and the strong minded don't go down at all so that would make him useless.

However, to cover that last issue..I've got an idea for a monster you might be into. An Elemental, a type of monster that can use, produce, absorb, and become a specific element (basically an Elemental is a Physical Embodiment of an element). That way we can still use some of the Conduit ideas, and some of the Psychic ideas without him being overpowered or underpowered. We can have him embody lightning so that he can manipulate electrical energy, but also read the minds of people within a certain range by reading their electric brain pulses, and lift objects using Electro-Magnetism.

And the name makes me think of the word "bile"...y'know that acidic stuff in your stomach? The...stuff you throw up when your sick?
Evil...? Keep in mind that all of these Yokai were once considered "evil." The idea is that he has a bad past and starts out somewhat malevolent but he becomes good after he's shown compassion for the first time in years, so I can understand how you would feel uneasy about him.

As for the Elemental idea, such a creature would suggest power over matter, whereas electricity is energy. I was intending to give him powers that reflected his personality, but if there's such a thing as a lightning elemental, it could certainly work as a substitute for my original conduit idea.

Lastly, you're confusing hydrochloric acid with bile. Bile is made in the liver, and is actually quite basic (as in the opposite of acidic). Nonetheless, I welcome you to suggest a better name.
I know that that all yokai, and by extension the majority of the main characters, are considered evil at first, but you make Jack/Bryce/Guile sound like he has NO redeeming qualities...like AT ALL. I mean using someones own dark side against him/her, doesn't that seem like someone who's ACTUALLY evil do? I'm all for him being bit of a jerk though...I mean i'm mostly just worried about him being too much like "the monster of the week" y'know? Like he's a jackass at first gets his butt kicked and he's not a problem anymore? Don't they use that idea a lot in the series?

The elemental idea IS a real thing, here's the page for it:
link

As for the name I think Raikou, or Rai for short is appropriate. It means lightning in Japanese.

P.S. I'll go ahead and address an issue you might bring up. The wikipedia page says that there are traditionally only four basic elementals. Traditionally being the key word, meaning that there are more types.
I actually had thought up a scenario in which this guy became some form
of a "monster of the week," and as Moka or Tsukune was beating his ass Mizore demanded he/she stop because she felt slightly sympathetic toward his current emotional state. After this he returned the favor by intervening in a battle and helping Moka/Tsukune win what seemed like a losing battle, explaining that he has "come to realize that there are a few decent people in this world; people that are worth protecting." The idea could still work with a lightning elemental if you think it's bad for him to start off appearing so sinister.

On the other hand I could try to omit or avoid the idea that he actually searches everyone's mind for their dark qualities, but simply hears about them mentally, or omit the subject entirely. I was creating this character from a neutral standpoint with no real eye for "good" and "evil" qualities: only "good" and "evil" intentions. Perhaps I'm also saving the redeeming qualities of him for the present story progression.

So we're left with two options.
Well I should point out that you would need a REASON why Rai would want to fight Tsukune or Moka in the first place for the first scenario to make sense.

And I think we should just avoid the idea entirely, since that would make Rai too much like all of the other protagonist characters before him. I just think he should stand out in the way he is introduced is all. Y'know be a little original.
Now I see what you mean. Come to think of it the fight I'm thinking up is starting to look a lot like the dilemma with Mizore's first appearance. I just thought it would provide an easy way to build Rai's feelings for Mizore if she shows him sympathy or compassion in some way. I honestly can't think of anything else quite as exciting that would fulfill this goal, any ideas?
Ok I've already come up with another idea. This revolves around Mizore's first or second encounter with Rai. Her continual presence and refusal to "piss off" starts to annoy him to the point of flat-out attacking her. He lands a couple blows before realizing that she's not fighting back, which shocks him. After he realizes this he comes to his senses and asks why she won't fight, after which she explains that she doesn't think ill of him and that fighting him would only make him worse. He then walks off and reflects on what just happened, which would lead up to the "few decent people in the world" revelation and his change of heart. Would it be too unusual for her to show what might be seen as vague signs of affection this early in his present character development?
Okay first off why is Mizore around Rai so much to begin with? And how does he NOT know why Mizore isn't fighting back if he can read her mind?

I think whatever contact they have at first should end with HIM doing something for HER, the reason doesn't really matter I suppose, since the main reason for this would be so that she would have a reason to stick up for him in the first place since doing something for someone she doesn't know seems out of character. I mean I've just re-read the entire first manga season and I noticed the only thing she actually DOES is follow Tsukune around and whatnot. Honestly she has the least character development in the first part of the series.

As for the last question, I think they should start out as friends but develop feelings as time goes on. I just think that her having feelings for someone else doesn't seem likely to happen suddenly, considering her feeling for Tsukune...and of course the things that happened in her past.
1. I thought we scrapped the Psychic idea in favor of the lightning elemental.

2. I'm kinda going on the angle that, Mizore has still lost all hope of being with Tsukune, but holds on because he's the only one she feels any connection to.

3. Mizore doesn't have "feelings" for Raioku at the start, just a curiosity due to seeing his situation as similar to her own. Actually, she may even pity him if she realizes what's wrong with him.

P.S. If you have only read the first season, that might be a problem. In this case I suppose it all depends on her later development.
1. Sorry, you didn't straight out say that you wanted to scrap the idea. THOUGH I should point out that with his powers then he would have SOME mind reading ability, y'know like how Cole could?

2. That idea MIGHT work in the second season of the series...but not the first. And thats a big MIGHT.

3.Im still not so sure she would go out of her way for someone she dosen't know . Not to say that she isn't like a good person or anything but it just seems out of character.

4. I HAVE read SOME of the second season I was just re-reading the first one, and didn't you say you haven't finished the first season? I think you should. Just to get a better picture of Mizore's personality. Trust me there's a diffrence between reading about the series...and actually reading it yourself.

67....and then I tried bacon grease but that just made it worse. Huh, what? You don't know what im talking about? What do you mean your really not asking me these questions and im just making a stupid joke for no reason?
1. It's settled then, and if he can read minds it won't mess up the plot.

2. I was planning on adding him in the potential third season for legitimacy, or the second season if you think his development needs more time.

3. Not much to say besides that since he can read Mizore's mind or even converse with her mentally that might make this idea easier to apply practically.

4. I recently finished chapter 30 of season 1 and before reading the manga I did some research on her (and other characters) as well as the plot overview of each episode in the anime so I think you're underestimating how much I know about her. Then again I'm also making a few assumptions about her but what I have learned about her is what caused me to change to Raioku in the first place.

67. LMAO!
To interject I wanna talk about how he's going to look. I'm kinda using myself as a reference as well but mostly by drawing from characters that look like me. I can imagine him as looking similar to Hokuto or Kyria, or Kyon and that other guy from Haruhi Suzumiya. I also kinda want to draw from the Beatles, which I think would make him look unique. He would have electric blue eyes and some form of dull, yellowish-brown hair (think tumbleweed or raw umber). I can't really decide how tall he would be but I can imagine him being barely taller than Mizore. His body would be slim-to-average, same as most high-school-age male anime characters. What are your thoughts?
I've always had it where Rai and Mizore become friends and slowly start to open up to each other during the first season (by the end of which they would realize the true depth of those feelings near the end of it) then having them actually come together as a couple during or before the Flower Offering Arc during the second season.

I like the appearince idea but lets go with some darker hair. I mean it can still be like brown or whatever just a darker shade of it. Maybe throw in a ear peircing too. And he'll have a relaxed uniform too.
Nice idea but I'm still kinda reluctant to create a plot divergence. If you think he needs to be introduced within an already-covered time for such a relationship to be plausible I'll consider.

I had always had the casual uniform in mind: perhaps an open jacket and no tie (I never liked unsecured ties). I guess earthy-colored hair would work for him, I guess I'll go with umber. I'm not sure about the piercing as it isn't really the image I wanna go for; Rai isn't a street punk.

As for the hair, here are some pics to give you an idea of the hair color I'm going for. In his semi-monster form (he's invoking his powers but his true monster form is pure electricity) he could have glowing bleach-blonde highlights.
 Nice idea but I'm still kinda reluctant to create a plot divergence. If anda think he needs to be intr
Yeah I understand what you mean, but like I said they can't hit things off immediately or too quickly otherwise it won't seem realistic.

Also I don't think its wise to introduce a character into a season or episode that hasn't come out yet, since we have no idea what could happen in the future. For example lets say we have Rai use some kind of item or weapon from mythology, but in the season 3 the characters have to find and use that SAME item to overcome a foe. It would just screw everything up y'know?(I didn't address that my the last post so I thought I would here)

I agree with your idea on uniform and the hair is a nice color, dark but not dark enough to where you can't see the brown color.

I happened across this article while trying to find unique ways for Rai to use his powers. There are a few things that wouldn't apply to him but the article does give some examples of some of the things his powers might be like. Though one thing is im not sure if I want him to glow blue every time he uses his powers. I mean, the guy in the article doesn't HAVE to be glowing to use his powers but the page doesn't show that so I just thought I'd point it out.

link

Also I'd like to hear how Rai might act around some of the other characters (in your opinion), to get a better handle of his personality and relationship with others.
I know it's beside the point but on that note Rai's weapons would only consist of simply metal objects that would add to his powers such as a steel pipe or rod that worked as a conductor or a cord/wire that he could manipulate electromagnetically.

As for his interaction. He prefers to avoid small-talk; his favorite phrase to use in small talk is "screw off." On real conversations he would always be one to scoff at everything or make inflammatory remarks. Later on he would still have an adverse attitude towards small-talk but in conversation he would instead simply respond cleverly be the remark inflammatory, humorous, or simply "show-stopping." I can see him verbally hazing Kurumu, guilt-tripping Moka and Tsukune, making "pubescent" remarks to Yukari or talking down to pretty much anyone. After he becomes friends with Mizore and Tsukune he develops a witty personality and often makes clever remarks when he's not in his strong-thinking "THIS SHIT IS SERIOUS" mode. In addition he's also rather informative, especially after he's acquainted to the Tsukune harem. Whenever Tsukune or one of the girls is confused he'll be quick to explain (I can see where this might create some animority between him and Yukari). He's especially versed in History, both human and ayashi.
Wow he is a dick.ROTFL (but I just wannna say one more time that too much assholish behavior will make him unlikable.)

Next i'd like to see some prototype work. It doesn't matter what scene it is i'd just like to see Rai "in action" so to speak. It can be a fight scene a scene where he's meeting someone for the first time or even something that may not be in the fanfiction just SOMETHING y'know?
Just to be fair he doesn't like to talk to people he doesn't know well and he doesn't ALWAYS respond to small talk that way (at first he'll ignore you); just if you give an added effort to make light conversation, which he considers a waste of breath.

As for an actual scene it will take some time and I have a lot of work to do in college.
Ok I've thought up a mock school scene in which he attacks a bully. Unless he's being introduced over a break, this would be in his debut chapter/episode.

(Second year, second term, 1st day of class. Raioku is now in Tsukune's class. Beginning of first period.)

[background conversation]

Guy 1: Hey who's the new guy?

Guy 2: Raoiku? Just ignore him. I heard he's trouble.

Guy 1: Him? Dude looks like a little punk.

Guy 2: Wouldn't argue with that.

Guy 1: Maybe we should teach him a lesson later.

Raioku: You guys talking about me?

Guy 1: Mind your own business.

Raioku: If it's about me then it IS my business.

Nekonome: Raioku-san, please take a seat.

Raioku: (resigned) Yes Nekonome-sensei.

(Rai, used to the gossip, shrugs it off.)

(After class, main hallway, Rai walks to his next class. Guy 1 approaches him.)

Guy 1: Hey again.

(Raioku walks past Guy 1)

Guy 1: I'm talkin to you.

Raioku: Screw off.

Guy 1: What did you just say to me punk?

Raioku: You heard me. Now stop wasting your breath. (Alt. Now stop making my waste my breath.)

Guy 1: You KNOW I'm a Senior right. Maybe you should show me a little respect.

Raioku: Maybe if you acted like a senior I would. You're really trying my patience so just go away.

Guy 1: I'll teach you to respect your senpai.

Raioku: (snaps) I said, SCREW OFF!!! (Raioku electro-punches Guy 1 in the gut sending him a few feet back and inducing a minor seizure.)
Sorry it took me so long to reply. You said it would take a while to respond so I took that litterally and just didn't bother checking for awhile. Anyway I like what you got though I was hoping for something with a little more detail. That is to say something in Novel form rather than Script form. But I still like what you have. I can't think of any thing to say beyond that...so just get started I guess. Be sure to let me read it before you post it anywhere though. I mean you don't have to but it'll let me give you some opinions before you release a finished product.

You should email it to me when you get a chance (rather than post it on this forum so everyone could see it). Im Hades378@gmail.com though I don't read my email alot so be sure to give me a message on this forum page so i'll know to look for it.