Pride and Prejudice 1995 P&P Chat forum

becca85 posted on May 20, 2009 at 05:35PM
One of the other spots that I am a fan of has a forum kind of like this one so I thought it would be fun to start one here. Bascially it's a forum where you can come and chat about anything and everything you want to. It does not have to be restricted to just Pride and Prejudice (95) topics. So, just add this forum to your updates and keep in touch with fellow fans.

Don't be shy, come on in!!
 One of the other spots that I am a fan of has a forum kind of like this one so I thought it would be

Pride and Prejudice 1995 486 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 486

lebih dari setahun yang lalu Chandlerfan said…
I thought I'd christen this forum! ;]

And would just like to say...DARCYDARCYDARCY! I mean...SCREENCAPSCREENCAPSCREENCAP ;]
lebih dari setahun yang lalu becca85 said…
For your satisfaction, Chandlerfan -- I mean Mrs. Screencap...
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
 For your satisfaction, Chandlerfan -- I mean Mrs. Screencap...
heart
Sorry...I fainted for an hour *cough*had dinner*cough*

*stares at dearest husband...* *sigh*
*faints again*
How was dinner? I kind of figured that's where you were.
Dinner was pretty good thanks! =D
Although, it involved a hell of a lot of garlic...O_O That's my dad's doing XD
I don't mind garlic, but only in relatively small quantities. I still have to figure out what I want for lunch (I know I have a craving for cheesecake for dessert -- or a snack).
Hmmm, yeah I'm same with the less is more as far as garlic is concerned...
Have cheesecake for lunch! =D
OK...that's just the kind of thing I would do, and probably not the best of ideas...XD
I probably would eat cheesecake in place of a meal, too, but I settled on Wendy's for lunch.
Ooohh Wendy's...I've heard of it, and (I think) I've seen it when I last visited the States, but I've never actually been in one...is it sort of like McDonald's?
Yep!! I like it much better then McDonald's (mostly because they know how to salt their fries). I'm a sucker for salt. What part of the States did you visit last time you were here?
Ahh right, I see =] I'm not really a big fan of fast-food joints, because I'm a vegetarian and (at least over here) they tend to fry chips in pig fat so...can't really eat them LOL

I've only visited California twice unfortunately. I really like it there, and have got family over there too so I would like to go there more often.
And I really want to visit NY...funnily enough nothing to do with CSI:NY XD
I don't think I could survive without meat, but everybody is entitled to their opinions. ;D

Places I would like to visit include New York, Greece, Ireland, Britain and India.
LOL! Well originally it was more religion/my parents brought me up as a veg. I just stuck to it, so not much opinion going on there tbh XDD
Ahaha, every time someone says they want to visit Britain, I immediately think 'WHY!?! The weather's crap!' XD But fair enough if you want to visit =D
Ohh and one thing about India...do not drink tap water or you'll be seriously ill, other than that it's pretty nice =D
Oh and watch out for the cows, one ran (do they run?!) past me and the horn bit of it scraped my back...not nice LOL
Just keep away from the water and the cows, and you'll be fine! ;D
You've been to India? It's always struck me as a very exotic place that I would love to visit.

**MEMO TO SELF: Pack lots and lots of bottled water**
So, Chandlerfan, link is the only video I could find of the 1980 Mr. Darcy speaking. Let me know what you think. I think he sounds a little like Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy, but I also thought it was more evident in the first proposal scene.

OK, it wouldn't embed here, so I put the link up there ^^
Yep, I've been, my parents are originally from there =]
I reckon South India is more exotic than the North, especially Goa!

*meanwhile goes to check out link of Darcy speaking* =D
Hmmm...he does a little bit, his voice is just as deep as Colin's but there's still a slight difference LOL

I tried closing my eyes and listening...still a little different XD
So, I have decided to give up on making banners. All of these photo editing websites I went and joined a couple weeks back are not working for me. They all use basically the same tools, and, as I discovered after I finally got one the way I liked it, it doesn't save in the correct format. So, I will leave banner making up to you.
What sites have you used?
Have you tried Picnik? Although it's better for icons than banners, but it's the best free online one I've used.
Even still, I don't mind making banners =]
I usually use Picnik for icons, and Photoshop for banners so either way I don't mind =]
See I tried using Photoshop before, but it caused my computer to freeze up. I guess I could try it again, if you recommend it. I also have Picnik on my list, but since it is at the bottom of my list of favorites, I usually start at the top of the list whenever I am in an image-making mood and get fed up before I make it that far. I could try playing around on that site tonight and see what happens.
smile
Hmmm...was it a downloaded version of Photoshop, or a disc version?
Old or new?
Ans I'll definitely recommend putting Picnik at the top of your list! =D

Also...what do you think about this banner?
 Hmmm...was it a downloaded version of Photoshop, atau a disc version? Old atau new? Ans I'll definitely
SO CUTE!! If you post it in the fanart section I will definitely rate it a 5!!

Is it fairly easy to blend pictures like that?

As for link, I just use the online website, but now that I think about it, my Print Shop cds may have Photo Shop (I'll double check).
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
smile
Alrighty, I'll go post it now =]

Yep, using the Clone Stamp Tool...not sure if the online version will have that tool or not though.

I use CS3 Extended Version, and I reckon it's the best version of Photoshop. I know it's pretty expensive to buy, but if you know someone who has the disc for it, borrow and install! That's what I did! =D
Just don't update anything online with it on the site or they'll know you didn't pay for it and you won't be able to use it...
Hmmm...I'll check it out. At the very least, I'll go to the store and check out prices and see what kind of information the package offers as to what to expect.
AH-HA!! Rated it!!
smile
Well link is a list on the Photoshop site for CS4...seriously expensive though...=/
You aren't kidding on those prices ($699+). WOW!!

Maybe I'll go see what my local office supplies store has. ;)
OK, I dabbled a little on Picnik, and I think I will actually use that from now on. It's quite a bit easier to use then the ones I was using before. I had also downloaded Picasa3 from Google and I might try doing some stuff on there, too. It has a nice little collage area that I experimented with and I find that I like it quite a bit. I could definitely use it for personal pictures down the road.
LOL! CorelDraw is quite good, some say it's better than Photoshop, so that's worth checking out =]
And YAY for using Picnik! =D
Well, I finally finished the 1980 BBC version last night, so as soon as I get caught up on all my updates on FanPop here, I will post my thoughts on it. I do think you should see it if you get a chance. It's definitely interesting.
I may rent the DVD or something after my exams are over. If you think it's interesting, I'm sure it's definitely worth a watch! =]
This movie/miniseries reminded me of a soap opera in that it had hardly any background music and barely any sound effects. It was just dialogue. The lighting could have been better and it had the echoing sound of being filmed on a soundstage. Otherwise it was a delightful movie.

I had a few issues with some of the characters and their portrayals and thoughts and reflections on others.

Darcy -- The only word that comes to mind in regards to his performance is "stiff." He was very short in speaking and didn't start relaxing in mannerisms until after his second proposal was accepted; meaning when he was supposed to be amiable at Pemberley, in my opinion, he still came off as proud and haughty.

Mary -- There were times when she acted just as she ought and other times when she acted as silly as Kitty and Lydia, going so far as to primp herself in front of a mirror.

Anne -- The actress who played Anne de Bourgh was, in my opinion, much too pretty to play the sickly, pale daughter of Lady Catherine.

Lady Catherine -- It wasn't until the credits started rolling at the end of the last episode that I discovered it was Judy Parfitt who portrayed her. My favorite role of hers so far has been Queen Marie in Ever After.

I'll be back in an hour. I'm off to lunch.
To be honest, I don't think I'll ever find a better Darcy than Colin, no matter how many versions I watch.
Yes, I'm just that optimistic about Colin's Darcyness ;]
Have a good lunch! =]
Me, too. Pride and Prejudice 1995 is the version by which all past and future versions of P&P will be measured.

That was another thing about the 1980 version. Since it had five episodes, it was much like the 1995 version in that it was very well adapted from the book.
Oooohh that's a good thing at least, I prefer adaptations to be like the book...this is why I didn't like the 2005 as much, even though it's still pretty good.
So, have you seen any good movies lately? Now that I am finished with that P&P movie, I need to find something else to watch.
Nope, unfortunately I haven't had the time to go see anything =[
The last thing I watched was at school and it was a French one - Au Revoir, Les Enfants - if you're interested! =] Louis Malle is a brilliant director!
Hmmm...

How are your finals going? Have you started them yet?
All I've had so far is a French speaking exam, and French writing re-sit from last year. The rest start in June, so lots of revision for them. I definitely need good grades for uni, so I've to make sure I know everything, which seems like a lot of work though...=/

Did yours seem this stressful?
I am not in school right now. I will probably go take a class or two at the local college this fall.

Good luck on your exams. I hope you do excellent on them.

I was just thinking, do you suppose Aly has watched P&P 95 yet? We haven't brought it up with her in a while.
I meant when you were at school =]

And thank you, I hope so too! =D

Hmmm...well if she procrastinates as much as I do...then probably not LOL But maybe...we can always direct her back to this spot considering all the episodes are on here, if she hasn't yet seen it. =]
AH!! I remember getting very stressed around this time of year, but regardless of how much I would fear failing, I always ended up doing a really good job on them. But, that's just the way things are with me.
Ahh, are you one of those annoyingly clever ones? LOL
I really have to work to get the grades in the sciences, but not as much in the arts...and I'm doing a mix of subjects so I need to find a balance and not just study the subjects I prefer more =/
I don't consider myself one of those annoyingly clever ones, but I've always been good at learning (and I like it). I am much like you in regards to sciences and the arts. I love the arts aspects of learning (i.e. English, literature, writing, etc.) and despise the science/math parts. Which is funny because, as much as I hate math, I'm always really good at it.
Fair enough XD
Yeah, I feel I made a mistake choosing a science subject, because it's very testing even though I enjoy learning about it...whereas with the arts subjects, there is no set right answer, so it's easier to gain at least some marks in those.
Ahh well...this will be the last time I'll have to take exams that are this hard, if everyone who says uni is easier in that respect is right! =]
I don't know if I asked you this on the Hangman forum, but are you going to be living in dorms on campus?

Did you get accepted at the university or were you still waiting to hear from them?
Yeah, all first year accommodation's on campus =]
But the one I applied to is not right next to all the lecture halls...it's about a 10-20 min walk, but it's still considered on campus apparently! LOL

And yeah, I've got accepted, I just need to meet their offer now =]
Good for you!! Well, it looked like a gorgeous campus, so, if you don't mind walking, I'm sure it'll be a pleasant walk to class/lectures. :)
angelic
I was just browsing through the stories on Derbyshire Writers' Guild - Epilogue section. They have brief summaries for all the stories there. All I have to say is that there are some interesting stories that I am most anxious to read!! I prefer the Regency era fanfic stories over the modernized ones, so I think I just dropped into P&P heaven.