lost Season 3 Finale: Thoughts?

papa posted on May 24, 2007 at 07:35AM
Wow. I want to right something meaningful here, but I'm pretty much speechless. I really don't know what to say. Maybe I'll be able to write something coherent tomorrow morning.

But suffice it to say, when Lost is "on" there is NO show on TV that can beat it for pure entertainment value. I was literally on edge for the whole show, stressed out of my mind for the characters. It's a bloody tv show! And yet I care about these characters.

Producer Damon Lindelhof, who shares screen writing credit for this episode is a freaking genius. This finale made Tim Kring's Heroes finale look like a cheap imitation (apologies Kring, Heroes is my favorite new show of the season).

The arc that they just setup for the show is just brilliant. I'm so excited for the potential new format (assuming they continue with this format established in the finale). But assuming this is the case, I'd expect to see episodes set in "civilization" with flashbacks to the island. In the first 3 seasons, the castaways were "lost" from the world. Now, it seems, they will be "lost" from the island (and trying to get back to it). We'll see. This is almost like the formula that 'The Nine' attempted earlier in the season, and failed with.

I hope Lost can pull it off. Despite the uneven quality of season 3, the producers really pulled things together in the last several episodes. If they can continue where they left off, we're in for a good start to season 4.
save

lost 18 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu shaj said…
im not sure hu saw the glimpse in2 da future, the future dat is wen they get off the island. bt i tink history has bin re-written. Jack's dad is alive, he mentioned it wen he told da ova doctor n how drunk his dad was. i tink it was locke's funeral. dat would make sense as to why kate didn't want to go 2 his funeral, especially wen locke tried to stop dem gettin off the island. n kate is wid sawyer, hes the guy hu wud be wondering wer she was.mayb its desmonds vision,or lockes, mayb dats y he didnt want jack n the others to get off the island. cos he saw wat it would do to jack. but i jus can't wait for season 4!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu piddle1985 said…
I think jack's dads alive bit was just drunken rambling. What I think we are going to get from the beinging of season 4 is flashes into other characters futures and start in theme of the future isn't set in stone. But they won't be leaving the island any time soon because the ship coming to find them are the group behind the dahama inicstitive and they wont revenge on the others and to have the island kept secret.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dinaR said…
whene its gonna be the 4th season ?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DarthVibbert said…
i miss charlie, and please learn to spell it's incredibly annoying to hve to read a post like that shaj
lebih dari setahun yang lalu danrowe said…
I actually was really bemused at the ending.

I got it.....but i didnt if you know what i mean... :P

Can someone go into depth to explain the ending to me? It is a tricky one to grasp.......
lebih dari setahun yang lalu whatcha55 said…
Then ending meant that jack and kate got of the island. Somehow, at some point. Oh and that jacks dad is alive. And someone they both knew died.
Thats all we know.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu thecon said…
I really have no idea what to say. I just do not know what to think.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu danrowe said…
Right...well...its hit me now :P

We don't know if this futuristic insight is more Season 4 than Season 6....as this could have a big effect...

The objective may be to get back in Season 4.....while the flashbacks remain to be that on the island...

Then Season 5 or halfway through Season 4.....Kate and Jack could return.Supposing they are the only two that get off.......

It all depends on the timing of the future flashback.We were given no date in time....

The coffin has to be Locke's.The way Jack says neither "Friend or Family"....but he shows up anyway...shows me that maybe he should have listened to Locke...and not made the phonecall.He feels grateful to Locke for trying...and feels a tad of guilt.

Jacks dad is not necessarily alive.......
When he says "upstairs" he could mean "heaven"...although Jack would not think his dad to be in heaven :)

Jack was drunk and disorientated...and when the subject of his father came up.....there was no proof that Christian was in fact there.

There are still millions of questions and this is my first reaction to the finale....although i gurentee my opinion will change when i see some much needed trailers....

I also think the death of Charlie was an insult.Dominic himself was not happy about it...and neither am i.I will miss him :(

8 months......what the hell am i gonna do??? waaaaaaaa......
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Whaler said…
I'm sorry, but I thought Jack's dad IS dead. He seemed to be lying to get his Oxycodone prescription. Also, Lock throwing the knife into that girls back. That was hilarious. As smart as the show is, it sometimes takes the easy way out with some of the characters. Good stuff, totally didn't register Jack's story as a flashforward til the end.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cherix said…
I'm really shocked. I wonder what desmond will do with the information of 'Not Pennys Boat'.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu abhay99 said…
more than the future flashes, i think the most confusing thing is
1. how the rest of the world thinks the losties are dead (maybe they are)
2. the ship which is not pennys at all
lebih dari setahun yang lalu stephskie2007 said…
I loved the season finale but was SO confused! I was also really really really disappointed charlie died, he was one of my fav characters and didnt derserve to die!! The ending really confused me, all of a sudden kate and jack were at home and there was a funeral and stuff, but i didnt understand and it completly lost me as to why they showed the ending like they did! Love it though and cant wait for the 4th season!!!!
Lost is supposed to have 3 more shorter seasons, taking it into 2010 so surely they cant get off the island now, there are far to many ananwsered questions, and what would they do with the show for 3 seasons if they got it the island now?
Just a thought.... what if the flashforwards were actually Desmond flashes? Flashes that he has after charlie shows the message 'Not Penny's Boat'.

That would explain away a lot of the confusion we are having... it would take some good writing, but I see no reason why not.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu brother said…
I am not sure why everyone believes that this boat is NOT Pennys? I am not saying it defiently is but I dont see why is defintly is not...everyone just seems to have accepted this fact...

Just becasue Penny states that she is not on a boat and does not know the name of Naomi does not mean that these people are not sent by Penny...

Charlie and Penny had a few minutes of fast-paced confusing coversation with little detail..here is why I think we cannot rule out this boat as possibly being a search team sent by Penny...

1. She WOULD NOT be on the boat anyway, as each time we see her she is always at her home, while the search for desmond continues (this is seen when the two men contact her when they first get a tranmission from the island etc...)

2. She only may have hired this company/rescue team to look for Desmond, how would she know the names of every person in this team looking for him?! So Naomi intially would mean nothing to her when Charlie blurted her name out...

3. Why was Ben so concerned about Naomi and her people, when he actually knew nothing about her presence on the island until bernard revealed all? So is it less about these people coming to kill them but just a lie (again) from Ben to stop people leaving 'his' island?
I see what you are saying, but from a writing perspective that would take too much explaning
hum...very true...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jumba said…
Did anyone else notice Chin and Sun sitting behind Jack on the airplane at the beginning of the finale?
I have re-watched the start a couple of times, I really don't think that it is them...