harry potter vs twilight 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

harry potter vs twilight 606 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 606

lebih dari setahun yang lalu cassie-1-2-3 said…
I learned it from watching you! Your argument is invalid. Just like you.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu youknowit101 said…
I never said I was a good role model, your argument is invalid.
You never said you weren't either, your argument is invalid.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Bourne101 said…
3000 reasons why harry potter fans and twilight fans need to get along seriously ive read all the twilight and harry potter book even though im more of a twilight fan i think harry potter was good to
lebih dari setahun yang lalu serious_claw said…
angry
It's true, in Twilight teachers don't hit their students.. but in Harry Potter, adults don't fall in love with newborn babies and their 'love' accepted. Twilight is NOT better than Harry Potter, just deal with it. Twilight is just a weird woman's sexual fantasy.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu BBlondey said…
smile
serious_claw please ,i think that you have sexual fantasies too ,and about that newborn babies , did you even tried to read the book , i think NO .I was just that type of fan like you , but i READ twilight and now , i like both book series so if anybody wants to post a coment please read both book series
lebih dari setahun yang lalu THAT_panda said…
angry
you sir are an idoit and it pisses me off beacuse these reasons arent legit
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DawnxScott said…
blush
Okay, this is cray cray. Both books are good, but since I'm a Potterhead, I think Harry Potter is the best book ever, no, I haven't read one Twilight book but Im working on it. And True Fact: Robert said he like Cedric more than Edward... So that proves one reason wrong, and two: Bella did jump off a clif, but not out of suicide act, but to hear or see Edward. And Three: She begs to become a vampire, but Edward sort of blackmailed her in some sort. Marry him, then he changes her, of course she loved him so much she definitly marry him, but I think thats a tiny bit wrong... And some or most of this is my opinion, but I respect everyones opinion. Sorry for the spelling and grammar.
True fact, Robert's also said he liked Edward better than Cedric.
He's said both.

There's a difference between a compromise and blackmail.
Blackmail is when you threaten someone by saying you'll do something the other person doesn't want in order to get them to do something you want them to do.
A compromise is when you ask for someone to do something for you, in return/exchange for doing something for them.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Rizta said…
angry
Hey, Harry Potter encourage experimenting on animals because they learn to communicate with animals and care for animals.
Its not killing each other like edward..
And,,, twilight has no special tournaments.
But Hogwarts School have quidditch turnament and got goblet of fire turnament ...
Harry potter could use spell AVADA KEDAVRA to edward...
Then what edward was doing? Even before edward attacked Harry Potter, Harry had been using a spell that first ...
Don't be proud of 'VAMPIRE' ...
 Hey, Harry Potter encourage experimenting on binatang because they learn to communicate with binatang a
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Rizta said…
angry
FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HedwigLover98 said…
1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

Because SM put sooo much into making her characters *Sarcasm* You grow up with Harry and his friends as you read the books.

2. they are written so anyone can read and understand without the use of your dictionary

What SM did is called Thesaures Rape. And you don't have to use a dictionary to read Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books get a little harder as you read the books, but at least JKR knew how to use words correctly.

3. Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee

No, just no. You can feel Bella's stupidity if anything. In Harry Potter you can feel almost every emotion the character has.

4. Because unlike Harry no one thoughts are actually that deep and intellectua

The only person who has deep thoughts is Dumbledore because he is an amazing character and his words make you think and they have meaning behind them.

5. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.

Yes, how could I not have noticed it? All of the characters in HP are very dull and emotionless unlike Bella. -_-

6. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.

No one saide it was a crime, but when all you do is obsess over your boyfriend and do nothing but that, its not a good story or healthy and yes, Bella does so much better with her boyfriend because she doesn't use him or neglect him, she stalkes him and turns emo when he leaves.

7. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!

One: aliens aren't put into the fantasy group, they are sci-fi. We know this is fantasy and so is HP but the descriptions and attributions of the characters are terrible.

8. Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens.

What is the point of this statement?

9. twilight was romantic

Not really, its a terrible love story that doesnt make sense. Anyway, Twilight is "suppose" to be a love story. HP is not, even if it has a little romance in it.

10. it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it

This...I can't... No. It.. how?

11. there is a happy ending.

And there isn't a happy ending in HP? Oooo your hhappy ending is a woman with a pedophilic sparkly vampire have a demonic baby and a shapeshifter who apparently is alergic to shirts, or clothes for tht matter, falls in love with it, which is even more pedophilic

12. there is a battle between good and evil

I can't even comprehend your stupidity. This is the story of HP is Harry, who is mostly good but does some bad things and goes down the worng path sometimes, fights Voldemort, who started as a normal child but had terrible things happen in his life and is now bad.

13. sparklepyres or vampires, call them how you like - they have more nobility, more education, they are more fun, have more attractiveness than lots and lots of ordinary people. Wizards are interesting too but they don't have immortality on their side, nor the eternal beauty or that charming sweet smell ;)

Wizards have more nobility than muggles, the vampires have education because they have been alive longer than the humans. Wizards could have immmortality (the philosiphers stone) What does "are more fun, have more attractiveness tan lots and lots of ordinary people, eternal beauty or a charming sweet smell" have to do with how good the story is?

14. it is important to anticipate te ending of a story - this is everyones mind exercise - but the Twilight series is not just "about a sappy love story that could have reached its happy ending in 4 seconds". If the reader gets cought up in the events of the story, the success of that story is sure. The complexity of the Twilight characters is obvious, and furthermore one can see the process of evolution that they go through in the 4 books.

They dont grow up in the books and they learn nothing. The characters are not complex in any way shape or form and a 4 year old coulld have predicted the ending.

15. she has a normal life, she goes to school and afterwords she hangs out with her boyfriend.

Sounds like a pretty good book.

16. you know her emotions and you realise why she does things. you can feel the love true the screen when you watch it. I don't feel any emotions accept feer when I watch HP but thats my view on it.

what emotions? HP has way more emotions and considering you cant even spell fear...

17. The book puts you in an average place: Forks, Washington. It's a rather normal place with normal people. Therefore, people can relate easier because they don't have to get past the "immaginative"(for lack of a better word) setting that is Harry Potter(big fan though).

Part of the excitement of the book is the immaginative world of wizards and seriously, it would have taken a very talented person to come up with the wizard world.

18. Bella has separated parents. I personally don't, but I know that some people's parents might have this relationship. People who know about the relationship can relate to Bella's family problems easier

Harry's parents are dead, people can relate to that also, but that does not make it a better book.

19. Bella goes to a regular high school, has regular subjects, and regular "friends" without magic powers. People can relate to that easily because, siriusly people, if we didn't get our Hogwarts letters already we're not gonna. At my high school, we don't study Charms or Tranfiguration but Math and Science. Bella's freinds can be stated as the stereotypes in high schools. I haven't read the series since the first time, which was around a year and a half ago, so I can't go in depth about this.

Again, people like things out of the ordinary and how many people could have come up with that? and "friends" is correct, seeing as she treats them like crap.

20. Sparked the want to read in many teenage minds that had never really liked reading before.

So did HP for not just teenagers, but people of all ages.

21. It's a great fantasy series, like our Harry Potter, that can make you forget the perils of real life, by finding how others deal with more exaggerated problems.

Twilight exaggerated problem: oh no my boyfriend left me! how will i cope with this? I know i'll go be depressed and abandon my friends and family!

22. For those who say Twilight has but one emotion, love, I argue that and say it also has pain. Bella doesn't want to have to choose between Edward and Jacob but she has to, and it kills her everday that she hurt Jacob.

Bella obviously didn't care about Jacob as she used him to get to Edward.

23. Also, it's not healthy to be that depressed when someone leaves you, but he was get whole world. I know that's not healthy either, but he was her first love. Everyone goes a little crazy thier first time.

No one goes crazy about a guy 100 years older than them and gets depressed and suicidal for their first love

24. We say that Twilight is better because it has that Romeo and Juliet aspect. Bella and Edward are also star-crossed lovers and nothing can keep them apart. A good love story can always find it's was into the hearts and minds if people. Have any of you read Wuthering Heights? Another good example of star-crossed lovers. (and it was a superb book).

Ron and Hermione. Harry and Ginny. Lily and Severus.They all had different situations but they ended up together. (except for Lily and Severus, but he really did love her and died to protect her son.)

25. I would also like to add that it is perhaps a good thing that Stephenie Meyer didn't kill off any important characters. I've seen a lot of grief around the web when our favourite characters died in the Harry Potter series (Requiescant in pace Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Tonks, all four Marauders and the hundreds of good witches and wizards in Europe...). So Twilight is perhaps better in the aspect that none of the fans favourite characters died...

At least JKR wasn't afraid to kill off her characters and it helped the plot so much, even if it was sad, it made you feel more.

26. Those vamps' powers from all over the world were kind of cool. I especially like Zafrina's.

And all of the tings JKR researched and made up herself weren't cool?

27. Its creative! Of course, there are cliche's but beyond the obvious, many parts are creative

Again SM made sparkling vampires and shapeshifters, creative, I mean there was so much creativity I justmight die. JKR obviously had no creativity whatso ever *so much sarcasm*

28. They are addicting books. Once you start reading them you get hooked. That was for me at least I know its not everyone.

Harry Potter leaves you hanging and wanting mora after every book. Twilight had the same plot over and over again in every book. Bella is in danger and Edward saves her.

29. the plot is good

wow! I think I now will convert to Twilight because you had me beat! HP had noooo plot. *sarcasm*

30. At least they talk about reliegon even 4 a short while

What does religion have to do with a good book?

31. Meyer is creative she even made her own type of vampire

Oh it was so creative to add sparkles.

32. he movie may not be faithful to the book but at least the cast are good

KS couldnt act for her life and the cast of HP was more amazing than any cast could ever be.

33. IT has a graphic novel

And...?

34. Stephenie Meyer did her research and found a place like Forks so the vampires could be outside. JK just made one up.

And JKR thought up her own world with so many words that came from other words that she had to research.

35. It's vampires living in a normal world, not vampires living in a vampire world undercover.

Wizards have to live in the same world as muggles, they do not live undercover in a wizard world.

36. The sparkles are so unique and creative. They're not stupid.

SOOOO creative, not stupid at allllll *I think you can tell this is sarcasm*

37. They are immortal and they do have to survive on blood. I do agree that they aren't exactly like traditional vampires, but they still have some of the main traits.

Vampires are "dead" beings that have to live off of human blood to survive. SM did not have vampires.

38. twilight has passion,mystery,sadness

Dont even get me started.. just dont.

39. its interesting

And HP was a very unintersenting book. I mean come on "vampires" who have to live in the human world and pedophile over young girls while fihgting wiht shapeshifter is so interseting.

40. its won mtv movie awards for the best movie of the year when new moon came out and the halfblood prince it was twilight who won the best movie of the year.

And Harry Potter has won way more awards

41. besides the characters being hot, when you read the books you instantly fall inlove with the character edward and the book has no pictures edwards personality in the books and movies is just charming and jacob hes so sweet.

Ooo Pedifiles are so charming and I instantly fall in love with a character who has no emotion

42. twilight is also a little more realistic (even though its still fake) it doesnt say vampires die in the sunlight and they dont sleep in coffins in twilight its a normal person life goin two skool and everyting but in harry potter its the story we here over and over posions wands brooms and witches i like hp but twilight is better and it will always be my favorite

i cant even express how boring twilight is, it is the same story as every other romance book. HP many be the traditonal wizard but it does have amazingly creative plots and new things that JKR made up.

43. Harry Potter only depends in his wand and Edward Cullen can read his mind to know how and when and even how harry'll attack.

Harry can use Avada Kadavra which would kill Edward and all of his vampires. Ooo Edward can read minds and run fast.

44. And alice can know(Harry's only human after all,weak) the future

Harry is not a human and Harry can do way more than "know the future"

45. Some could say Twilight is a better book because it has more romance (DISCLAIMER: I am definetly not saying that HP doesn’t have romance- just less). Romance apparently appeals more to teens.
46. Maybe Twi-fans could relate more to the feeling of indecision? Or the feeling of having to choose between two loved ones? I’m not too sure if that happens in HP (maybe when Hermione had to choose between Ron and Harry in DH? But, that was smaller scale).

you obivouly did not read the Hp books because Hermione never ever ever love Harry, ever.

47. Well, I have to admit it… Meyer does describe Bella’s feelings pretty well. Jo is a WAY better describer on most parts… but on feelings, I personally believe that Meyer does it almost on Jo’s level.

No she was not even close to JKR's level.

“Just because you like something, and someone doesn't, that DOES NOT make them stupider, dumber or beneath you. “ –A nice quote to toss in the mix

48. Twilight is inspirational, just look at how many great fan fics there are!

beacuse Twilight appeals to teen girls who are obsessed with fan fics. do you know how many fan fics of HP there are? a lot

49. Twilight was probably more difficult to write because of the location and surroundings of the main characters.

No, SM choose and average place with no reaserch. JKR made a whole WORLD! and had to do so much reasearch its not even funny

In Harry Potter, sure these people are different, but they spent most of the story among their own kind. They didn't really have to hide who they are . In Twilight, they had to hide who they were from everyone except from theirselves. (excluding from when Bella found out and their interactions with the werewolves)
50. The Twilight books show a higher sense of maturity. (larger words, more adult themes. And by adult, I don't mean sexual)

Explain how Twilight was mature, please? and Harry Potter starts off as more of a kid-friendly book and tends to stay like that. So even little kids can read it. And the deaths arent described very gorily

You can't really say that is because Harry Potter is more kid friendly because HP has a lot more death and adults killing children... Voldemort trying to kill a baby...
51. Stephenie Meyer tried something new and risky. She wasn't afraid to venture away from the path most vampire novelists take. She did something different from what most people consider a "real vampire" to be.

again its not a vampire

(It's not against any rule to change what a vampire is because first of all, it's a fiction. Second of all, vampires are not real. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you stay with the main theme, as Meyer did)
52. Stephenie's vampires are original. How did Rowling's wizards differ from original wizards? She just invented a couple more spells, filled in a few blanks, etc., but the basic wizard and HP wizards are the same.

There was so much creativity in HP and there is none in twilight.

53. Twilight shows a real approuch to situations. Not everyone goes out and persuits someone and fights them in revenge, which is seen in Harry Potter all the time.

Harry isn't just trying to get revenge, but to save people he loves. HP does have some real situations but you learn lessons from all of the things that happen.

54. Real people do not have courage like harry and his trio. (another situation) In twilight, all the characters , as much of their pride were realistic in the fact that they were frightened from their enemie. Like for not one second was Harry ever scared of Voldemort and was strong and brave. Harry Pottter always wins his battles. Victory is sooo cliche, Twilight reconcises defeat(in small doeses), which is always good to read.

I dont ever rememebr Edward losing. Harry was terrified in every battle and even at school he was scared. harry teaches kids to be strong and brave even if you have to sacrifice.

55. There is a love triangle in Eclispe between Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Love triangles can happen in real life.

And......?

56. Plot line of the first book:
Exposition: Edward reveals himself as a vampire
Rising action: James decides to hunt Bella
Climax: Bella goes to meet James and is captured.
Falling Action: Cullens show up and save the day.
Resolution: Bella is safe (as far as they know at this point) Edward denies her request to make her into a vampire.

Again, the point of this?

57. And there's more to the story than Bella falling in love with a vampire when referring to the whole series. There's the threats it puts on her life and all everyone needs to go through to get her out of it. There's the sacrifice she makes for love. The whole Jacob thing..

Bella puts everyone in danger becasue she loves someone. She makes no sacrifices, everyone else has to make sacrifices for her because she is selfish

58. Bella and Edward - The Average Girl Gets the Hot Guy
Bella Swan, the main character, (played by Kristen Stewart) drives an ugly truck and doesn’t dress with any style. She loves to read and is an introvert, not a cheerleader. Her friends are few and her home life is less than stellar. However, it is she who Edward Cullen (played by Robert Pattinson) is attracted to.

Harry was neglected and had a terribl life being hated by the people he lived with. hagird comes and tells him hes a wizard and takes him away form terrible people. bella had a pretty nice life compared to Harry, at least she had parents, did harry? no he didnt. at least she had a car, did harrry or would he get the chance to have one? no. Bella was apparently persuied by all of the guys at school and even thought she had a crappy truck her life didnt suck.

59. Edward loves Bella to the exclusion of all else. He protects her, worries about her and takes care of her. He is devoted to her and considers her needs far above his own. In Twilight, Edward tells Bella, “You are my life.” In New Moon (the second book in the series) he says, “You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world.” And in Eclipse (the third book) Edward declares, “You are my first priority.”

Harry was going to kill himself to save the whole wizarding world and everyone he loves.

60. The fact that Edward is sincere in what he says to Bella makes the Twilight series especially gratifying to readers. These books are not merely fantasies, but love stories. Girls are swept off their feet by Edward’s maturity and thoughtfulness. They appreciate his compassionate nature and loving concern for Bella.

because harry didnt love all of his friends and they didnt love him back?

61. Bella is a True Friend
Although many people in the community of Forks, Washington find Edward scary and dangerous, Bella only sees the good in him. She sticks by him even after learning the secret he harbors; Edward is a vampire. In the same way, she is also fiercely loyal to Jacob (her best friend). Upon discovering that Jacob is a werewolf, Bella is unphased. She asserts that their friendship will prevail.

bella discards her friends at the sight of Edward and uses Jacob to get to Edward.

62. Bella is the type of friend that girls want. She is accepting and trustworthy. Her values are not skewed by society. She remains faithful, reliable and devoted to her friends.

I so want a friend who uses boys to her advantage and leaves me and never even talks to me after she gets a boyfriend.

63. Edward is a Gentleman
Edward is Bella’s knight in shining armor. He treats Bella with respect in all situations. He refuses to have sex outside of marriage because he wants everything to be perfect when it comes to her. He drives when they go out, takes care of her every need and is polite and courteous to her father. He even holds her and sings to her.

Harry was amazing to Ginny and was going to kill himself to save her and his friends

64. Edward is so popular because girls love the way he treats Bella. Girls want to be treated like a lady, they want the guy to take charge, make plans for dates and be respectful. So what makes Edward so appealing? He isn’t pushy or boorish, but classy and sophisticated. He is smart and well read, mannered and considerate. Edward truly loves Bella and wants whatever is best for her.

harry wanted what was best for everyone and again, was going to sacrifice himself for his friends.

65. The slight attempts to add romance to Harry Potter weren't that great.
HP wasnt alll about romance.

66. Twilight teaches us that people aren't ugly.

Apparently bella was pretty because all of the guys at school wanted to go out with her.

67. it was a love story... And people can relate to love more than magic, which is a totally nonexistent thing

People were suppose to realate to the feelings and lessons in HP not the magic.

68. The fact that Bella got sad doesn't make her weak.

No, the fact that bella got depressed and suicidal is what makes her weak

69. -The villians are much more realistic.

there werent really villians in Twilight.

70. I always considered the antagonist in Twilight to be the actual natural vampire instincts, not the instinctual vampires.

And?

The Cullens battled with their instincs constantly. The battled against vampires acting on those instincts. Bella battles against Renesmee's instincts for a bit. There was Edward's natural hatred for Jacob.
71. Teenagers are capable of being in love, as displayed in Harry Potter.

And? seriously, where are your arguments?

72. I believe everyone is good, in the sense that no physical character is evil.

Harry was not all good. Voldemort was a good kid but had a crappy childhood and that made him want everyone to suffer like he did. He wasnt born evil.

From what I've observed, the biggest struggles people encounter have little to do with other people as individuals.
The vampiric instincts is the evil. Resistance is the good. The vampires that resist are the ones who can be trusted, and the ones who don't, can't.
73. It's different in Breaking Dawn, though.

In BD, some human killing vampires are on the good side because the struggle changes. The evil is now interpretation (which in real life almost always causes huge problems). All being willing to assist in clearing it up are the good guys. All those not willing or those who misinterpret are the bad guys.

No character actually does anything evil, but they represent evil aspects of life.
74. Stephenie Meyer took ideals and made them into literal situations. i.e. Love is eternal-Vampires are eternal, and for Bella, she needs to be a vampire to love forever,

Good vs. Evil-Resisting temptation is good. Giving in is evil.

Good vs. Evil-Intolerence and Passing judgement without knowing all the facts is evil. Knowledge and understanding is good.
75. Twilight teaches you that you don't have to do or be what everyone expexts you to do or be (human killing vamires)
76. You can do anything you set your mind to. (Defeat villains, become a vampire despite what others want)
77. Good things come to those who wait (Love and happiness for Edward.)
78. Bella got to know Edward over time.. At first, it was infatuation, as it begins with all relationships. Bella jumped the gun by saying she was unconditionally in love, which happens with real people too, but it eventually catches up with her.
Edward knew her well before he said he was in love with her.
79. Similar obscure taste in music and literature. (obscure in the sense that it's not the most popular) That alone can be enough to provide strong, lasting bonds for some people.
They both live without at least one of their parents.
They both feel unworthy of one another. Something that keeps them apart, yet holds them together.

Being with someone exactly like yourself is no fun.
80. Then there's being somewhat shy and being introverted.
81. More, they're both very stubborn, compassionate, polite, determined, they both tend to overreact, overanalytical, the both put the other before themselves. They have a lot more in common personality wise than the do preference wise.
82. There's less cursing in Twilight/ it doesn't get kids into cursing
In the HP books there is one swear word, "Bitch" which is said once. In the movies Ron says "Blody Hell" which was never in the book and isnt that bad of a word

83. Twilight doesn't encourage setting your teachers on fire

when does it encourage you to do this?

84. Twilight doesn't encourage experimenting on animals.

when does HP condone this?

85. In Twiliught, they didn't let the kids get away with in school violence

they are helping save everyon, not just be violent.

86. Twilight doesn't condone violence in the workplace

when does this happen in HP?

87. In Twilight, the Teachers don't hit their students

This never happens in HP what so ever
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HedwigLover98 said…
1- the writing is better

Thesaurus rape is not better

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

KS could con act to save her life.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

When? She abandons her friends and uses Jacob to get a boyfriend

4-it has a PLOT!!

Oh really? Thanks for giving HP a reason.

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting

And huge wizard fights aren’t compared to a girl staring at a guy?

6- the effects are amazing

Oooo shape shifting is sooooo cool

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast
His enemy isn’t a beast and I cant even tell you how stupid you sound.

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them

RP said he thought SM was a creep and liked playing Cedric better than Edward.

9-the characters are not all good or all evil

Harry is not all good and Voldemort had a crappy childhood and a terrible life which made him want to make other people miserable.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

Voldemort is evil for a reason.

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

Oh I didn’t know being hot and cool made a movie or book great. And the HP is “hot and cool”

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

This is irrelevant to how good the book is.

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool

Again this is irrelevant

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form

Its not even a vampire.

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

First it depends on the writer and second that shows that a tennager could write better stories than the author.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool

No its not. It refers to try-hard and we are making fun of you.

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative

And “I Am Lord Voldemort” “Tom Marvolo Riddle” isn’t?

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

And the 4 houses ban together in the end to stop Voldemort even thought Slytherin was bad.

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

And HP isn’t?

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

There are no lessons to be learned from Twilight. HP teaches you how to be brave, to sacrifice, and to do te right thing even if you get in trouble.

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

No emotions were shown in twilight. And JKR made a whole WORLD.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

Again Treasures rape is not cool

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world

And HP doesn’t?

24- twilight is read by a massive audience

Yeah whiney bitchy teenage girls and old moms. Hp is read by every age and both genders.

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

Did you break your “o” button? And no there are very pathetic fight scenes.

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

Just no.

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character

No she didn’t. You learn nothing about any of the characters. JKR gave you back stories of not-important characters
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ElisiaWeasley18 said…
big smile
Okay! After reading all of your posts its time for my opinion, true or not! Personally, I used to be a twi-hard yes I'm using it in an offensive way. That only lasted about a year, It stopped when I started reading the books, I almost died trying to read a paragraph. I couldnt understand this mumbo jumbo! I'm not stupid, I can read better then any person at my school! It was too stupid to even understand! I had an edward poster BUT I ripped it up in hatred! PErsonally HP saved me from suicide, my life wasnt doing well and I considered killing myself but no, Harry potter saved me. YES there are no more movies but The fandom will live on! Unlike Twilight, My kids will grow up with Loving HP and Hating Twilight.

Also now You say the Hp cast arent good looking? O.o are you freaking serious?!?!!? their hotter then The ENTIRE Twilight cast. AT LEAST the enemys are hot too! Jacob is just a short ugly mexican Chinese dude you needs to buy a freaking shirt! (no need to sound racist!!! Sorry if it does!!!)

The only reason why I watch any twilight movie now, is to get a good laugh! Its freaking hilarious! I almost died from laughter when bella broke her back XDDD. Also when you say the twilight quotes are amazing, I'm thinking "O.O what!?!?! Theres quotes in twilight...and....THEIR GOOD?!?!"

Also..I'm sorry Twitards.....i cant hear you over our amazing HP theme park FILLED with Potterheads from around the world! I'm pretty sure that theres no Twilight fans in Japan, cause there is a HUGE HP fanbase in Japan. I think there is more potterheads then Twilighters....whatever that means.

Personally, Twilight only makes me do one thing....Laugh, Laugh, laugh and laugh...HP makes me Laugh, cry, Smile, be sad, mad and every single emotion out there! J.K. Rowling Is a huge major role model and I thank her for making my childhood! Thank you potterheads for reading and Twihards.....you seriously need a MRI, cause your brains messed up :) thank you

ALSO, Look below....THATS NOT HOT????!?!?! They play Fred and George, I personally think Edward is ugly, bella has a pig nose and is ugly, Jacob...well you already know and others are still ugly :)
 Okay! After membaca all of your posts its time for my opinion, true atau not! Personally, I used to be
"My kids will grow up ... Hating "
That alone makes me pitty the potential children. It's really frightening what you take a look at the amount of people who intend on raising their children with a hateful bias against anything. It's just disappointing.

Taylor's not Mexican or Chinese. He's French, Dutch, German, Ottawa (Native American), and Potawatomi (Native American)

Twilight has fans in Japan. That's just silly.
I'll just provide a few links from Japan Twilight premieres. I really shouldn't need to go into depth.
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
There are a LOT more. (I understand that you were speaking in hyperbole, but that was ridiculous)

I do not find the Phelps guys attractive, but I'm not rude enough to call them ugly . They're just guys.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu zar_far11 said…
ha ha this is just so funny on the forum '100 reason harry potter is better than twilight', there r over 2000 pages and almost 2000 reasons. 4 u guys, u only have a measly 87 reasons and 15 days ha ha thats hilarious. also all these reasons r opinionated and not true. u wont get even 1000, much less 3000
lebih dari setahun yang lalu slytheringirl7 said…
I'm pretty sure many many many hp fans have said this-I just can't stand seeing the same Twilight reasons over and over- but I really want to see some information from the books on the reasons you give. I'm sure the Hp fans would agree with me when I say that I want to know the plot of Twilight. I would also appreciate if you would use grammar to the best of your ability. Tlkn lik dis gvez me a hedake. Thx! (And I also apologize to all the people who don't speak this language)
Actually, there in a different 1000 Twilight reasons forum that has many many more pages and "reasons" than this one.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu cunha27 said…

There are a few things I prefer in Twilight over Harry Potter. I like the characters in Twilight better. I don't find most of the character in Harry Potter to be likeable people. Even my favourite (Snape) is my favourite partly because he's a nasty person, but then he's supposed to not be nice. Haggrid, Dumbledore, Ron, Luppin, Sirius, the Twins, James, Mcgonagal, Mad eye, Molly, Finnigan, etc are however supposed to be the nicer, likeable characters, yet I've found that upon closer inspection, I don't particularly like them much. I did like some of them initially, but every time I reread the series, I find them less and less likeable.

I like the lust in Twilight. I like how obsessed both Bella and Edward are over each other. It's part of what makes their story compelling to me. That's something that I find lacking in HP romances, it's why I find their pairings to be mostly clumsy and unbelievable. A romantic relationship needs to have lust and desire in it, otherwise it just feels like either a platonic friedship or familial association. The romance in Twilight is sizzling because of the lust and the obsession.

I know this has been mentioned many times before, but I can relate to Bella a lot more than to any other character in HP. For starters, for most of the series, she's human. She has real flaws, and behaves in a typical teenage way ie acting as if the world revolves around her, has low self image that does not match the reality, is awkward, blows things out of proportion, makes reckless decisions, comes out loosing and/or needs rescuing in any fight against supernatural/stronger beings. She's a normal girl who finds herself  having to deal with the supernatural world. HP characters are all special. They can all do magic, go to school in a magical castle, wear robes, interact with magical and mystical creatures, live in a society with different rules, beliefs and reality, take different subjects, etc. They are magical beings living in a magical world. If they're Muggles then they're just mentioned briefly (Hermione's parents), are unlikeable people (Dursleys) or victims. The children, specially the trio, solve everything just about on their own, and are so competent that the adults basically leave the war in their hands. They are well balanced individuals who cope extremely well with tragic and traumatic experiences and deal well when under pressure. They can fight trolls, escape three headed giant dogs unscathed (unlike much more powerful adult wizards ie Snape,) fight off and escape from a horde of fast giant spiders, fight and slay a gigantic and magical basilisk, a bunch of dementors, the fiercest dragon, break through security measures designed to keep Voldemort away and placed by highly skilled wizards, etc, etc, and all on their own while the adults and more powerful wizards run around being ineffectual, ignorant, incompetent and/or malicious.  And if they get hurt then they just need to take a potion and/or wave a wand and everything is fine. All of which is ok for a kids book, but not so much for a young adult's. Which is why I don't take the messages in HP too seriously. The situations feel too contrived and not realistic enough for life lessons for young adults to be drawn from it.  
Cunha27: I find it very offensive that you think the average teen thinks she can be as bratty as she wants and the world revolves around her. And how does needing to be rescued from every fight against the supernatural fit into relatable???? Also, the HP characters ARE special. They can do magic because it's a FANTASY series. Twilight is not a fantasy story. It is a married woman having a fantasy about a sparkling vampire.

Thanks to Meyer, she has made some teenage girls think they can be dependent on men.
And how does needing to be rescued from every fight against the supernatural fit into relatable

How is that not relateable? If you were put in the same positions as Bella, would you be able to fight of vampires and better than she could? You'd need to be rescued too, as would any human being.

"Twilight is not a fantasy story. It is a married woman having a fantasy about a sparkling vampire"
That makes me chuckle. If you were to rearrange the subject and the predicate, you'd have "Twilight is not a fantasy, it's a fantasy of a married woman"
If I were put in a situation against the supernatural, I would try to defend myself for as long as possible. From what I remember from Twilight, Bella sits in the corner and waits for the fight to be over and for Edward to sweep her off her feet. She kept Edward with her in the battle in eclipse just so he wouldn't get injured. Correct me if I wrong but did she have Jacob fight and Edward stay or did they both stay? If it were me, I'd find a a way to help. At least I would be productive.

lebih dari setahun yang lalu PotterForever said…
laugh
I didnt read the whole list, but from what I saw it contained a lot of shallow points and invalid arguments, "the covers of the books are drawn beautifully." What exactally dose that have to do with the quality of the story.....? I highly doubt the original poster is going to read this so Im not going to waste my time and energy picking apart the whole list, besides others have already done that.
How would you defend yourself, though? What exactly would you do? Punch Victoria? You couldn't do any more than what Bella did.

Jacob fought. She never tried to stop him because he wouldn't listen to her if she did. And even if he didn't want to fight, Sam would order him, so it wouldn't make any difference.
@ slytheringirl7

I find it very offensive that you think the average teen thinks she can be as bratty as she wants and the world revolves around her

The average teen is self-centred, reckless, messy, over-dramatic and bratty. Not all are but most are. Just ask any parent as to which is the worst time in a child's upbringing and the majority will say the teen years.

"You think of them(teens) as these surly, rude, selfish people. Well, actually, that's the developmental stage they're at. They aren't yet at that place where they're thinking about — or capable, necessarily, of thinking about the effects of their behavior on other people. " Quote by Neurologist Dr.Francis Jensen

Also, the HP characters ARE special.
Y...e...s, that was what I said... that's why I don't relate to them as much as I do to Bella.

And how does needing to be rescued from every fight against the supernatural fit into relatable?

Ditto what cassie-1-2-3 said

From what I remember from Twilight, Bella sits in the corner and waits for the fight to be over

Nope, in the Twilight fight, she is incapacitated, not sitting in a corner. She's in excruciating pain and is at the beginning stages of turning into a vampire. This was after she'd faced James on her own.

Correct me if I wrong but did she have Jacob fight and Edward stay or did they both stay?

In Eclipse Jacob, Edward and Seth waited with Bella in the mountain in case any of the other Vampires didn't fall into the trap they set and managed to make it through the Cullens and the werewolves. Jacob eventually left of his own accord and against Bella's protestations because the fight with the Cullens and the newborns was getting too fierce and also as a way to try to make Bella admit to loving him.

If it were me, I'd find a a way to help.
Bella did help. She distracted Victoria when she tried to cut herself so her blood would catch the two vampire's attention, thereby giving Edward and Seth an advantage over them.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PenelopeMalfoy said…
It's so funny cause all of the good things you guys about Twilight are true about Harry Potter but not about Twilight. There is nothing about Twilight that is better than Harry Potter. Also I love how you guys counter each other (example: one person will say that it is written easily for everyone to read but the next will say that it is written with more complicated words).
All I'm saying is that Harry Potter tries to help at every possible time. He doesn't want his friends to be in danger. Bella goes into the danger and ends up being overpowered. By the time Edward and/or Jacob arrive, she has already been overpowered. Harry Manages to hold them off until his friends get help or something.
Well, Harry has a super powerful wand that does all the hard work. All Bella has is her typical, human strength.
Harry would be completely useless in any battle he was in without his magic.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PBG2645 said…
meh
Cassie-1-2-3, Harry's wand does not do all the hard work. He has to move his wand a certin way, or pronounce a spell a certain way, or have certain thoughts or feelings.
Yes, Harry has to move his arm and say words.
If Harry was in a battle moving his arm and saying words without the assistance of magic or a wand, he'd be useless.
I'm sorry, but cassie-1-2-3, I'm a little confused. Are you a Harry Potter fan? Your profile pick is a lightning bolt like Harry's Scar. If you are, then why are you hating?
No, I'm not a fan. My profile picture is of The Killers' album cover.
And I'm not "hating". I'm just trying to be realistic. Pointing out that Harry is strong in battle because he can do magic is true, not hate.
@ Slytheringirl: Bella does the best with what she has. While she's a human, she is pretty much helpless against vampires and as such any confrontations she has with them on her own are going to end badly for her. Harry does the same, however he has a lot more at his disposal than Bella. For a start he has a wand and the ability to cast magic. He also has inbuilt protection given by his mother's sacrifice. Harry also has conveniently helpful magic objects/creatures at his disposal to help help him get out of sticky situations. He either has them in his possession or they just pop up when he most needs them (invisibility cloak, Fawlks, time turner, Marauders map, Sword of Gryffindor, Gilly Weed, flying broom, Polyjuice potion, Felix Felicis potion, etc.) Had Bella had all of that at her disposal, I'm sure she would fare much better in such confrontations.
@cunha27: I still stand by what I said, but i have some respect for you. You seem to know what you're doing with your Harry Potter info. Either you read the books or watched the movies, but you have so valid reasons for both sides-besides "OMG EDWARD IS SO SPARKLY HOT!"
smile
@ Slytheringirl7: NP, and thank you, :-) People like what they like, just about any reason they give to justify their preference is ok with me so long as it's not a false one, it doesn't stem from ignorance ie "I've never read HP/Twilight but I hate it" or they're not too rude or offensive.

Been a pleasure conversing with you.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Potterfille said…
1- the writing is better

This is an opinion. But yours in invalid. J K Rowling is one of the best authors ever to walk this earth.

Really? And the ones in HP aren't. But again, OPINION.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

There are too many things wrong in this statement. I just laugh at your stupidness.

4-it has a PLOT!!

Opinion! I thought they were as boring as hell.

Not as good as HP.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

Vampire= Sparkling fairy.
werewolf= Shapeshifter. Your answer is invalid. "Swinging wand boy" just happens to be a wizard that defeated the most powerful dark wizard of all time.

... IDK what you think but James wasn;t exactly a good person.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

Tom riddle?

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

They are the opposite of hot, not cool, and not loveable.

they're not even drawn.

Tell me again what this has to do with the book and movie?

Creative? Bitch please.

(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

This depends on the author.

Gosh. you needed to say this because you had no other reasons.

+_+

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

So could anyone else, doesn't mean it was written well?

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

Harry Potter is the third most sold series in the world, tell that to your fandom bitch.

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

Well you obviously haven't read twilight well enough to see that it teaches you how much you need a boyfriend. And you obviously haven't read harry potter..

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

... No, just no.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

This is SO stupid. I know why you think Twilight is better, you didn't understand the words!

So wizards are sooooooo unimaginative *dangerous levels of sarcasm.

HP is read by kids, teens, adults, and seniors. Twilight is read by teens, and perverted pedophiles.

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

not really....

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

twilight quotes are just words from the books... and they aren't very creative.

well obviously...

Honestly you haven't read harry potter so give it up.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Potterfille said…
cullengirl,

all those things are either opinions or wrong.
"This is an opinion. But yours in invalid. J K Rowling is one of the best authors ever to walk this earth. "
^That's an opinion also.

"There are too many things wrong in this statement. I just laugh at your stupidness. "
^opinion

"Not as good as HP. "
^Opinion

"They are the opposite of hot, not cool, and not loveable. "
^opinion.

I'll stop there.
Really people, if you're going to tell a person they're wrong because they gave opinions, at least pretend to acknowledge that you're giving just as many opinions.
It only makes sense
I think that's the biggest mistake you're all making.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Darknightman said…
1. the writing is better
If you call dragging one topic on for 10 pages your absolutely right.

2. The actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

Helena Bonham Carter, ,Micheal Gambon, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Maggie Smtih ,David Thewlis, Jason Isaacs, Imelda Staunton, Robert Hardy, Emma Thompson , Helen McCrory, Kenneth Branagh

To name a few of the extremely talented actors that star in harry potter, please look them up and their career and achievements in acting and tell me that the twilight actors are more talented, I dare you.

3. Bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

Harry Potter- Teaches us to fight for the good of everyone and to sacrifice yourself for your friends and love
Ron Weasley-We will never have a completely smooth friendship but what matters is that you realise you’ve made a mistake and return to support your friends
Hermione Granger- Be proud of yourself and stand up for yourself
Neville Longbottom-People are not born brave but made brave by the experiences and hardships in life
Albus Dumbledore- Do not fear death

4. It has a PLOT!!

Harry is a boy that is thrust into the wizarding world with no knowledge of it and finds that finds out he is part of a prophecy to take down one of the greatest dark lords there is who killed his parents and tried to kill him as a child and who is essentially immortal because of hocruxes.

All of which he has to destroy in order to defeat him not to mention he is one as well as willingly sacrificing himself to make sure the others have a chance of taking down Voldemort.
Not to mention the plots in between like finding out about the philosopher’s stone, Heir of Slytherin, who really betrayed Harry’s parents that night, forced to compete in a deadly tournament but still managing to come on top because of hard work and training.

Yeah this story has no plot what so ever (Heavy sarcasm)

5. The scenes in the movies are exciting
-The battle of Hogwarts
-Dragon in triwizard tournament
-Dumbledore’s fight against Voldemort
-Graveyard scene
-The lake
-The maze
-Fight against basilisk
-Fight against a hundred dementors
To name a few

6. The effects are amazing
-Spells
-Dobby
-Centaurs
-Dragon’s
-Quidditch
-Gryndelows
-Grawp
-Dementors
-Moving portraits and staircases
-The defences protecting the philosophers tone
-Quick quotes quill
-Patronus
-Prank scene in OoTP
To name a few
7. A story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast.

A story about a boy who’s parents are killed at a young age while he is sent to his relatives where he is deprived of love and treated like a “freak” that ends up going to the wizarding world and making loyal friends while having to face a new mystery or problems every year while being destined to defeat a powerful sorcerer at a young age who is keeps on trying to kill him.

8. The actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them
Robert Pattinson – loved playing Cedric, hates playing Edward
Daniel, Rupert, Emma- Harry potter will always be a part of me and I have been honoured to star in these movies.
9. The characters are not all good or all evil
Voldemort- Became who he was because of a bad child hood.
Draco-Did not want to kill Dumbledore but had to in order to save his own and his family’s life and has some respect for Harry in the end.
Snape- Acted like a jackass but still protects Harry the spawn of his enemy because of his love for Lily.
Dudley-Matures and becomes a good guy and even wishes Harry luck.
Ron –Can become jealous but will always remain loyal to his friends in the end.
10. the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)
Voldemort – Good kid but is constantly seen as a freak and beat up by muggle children therefor giving him a deep seated hatred of them.
Snape-Harry is the spawn on his worst enemy but still fights for the light because of his love for lily.
11. The characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

Personality
Harry is willing to sacrifice himself so Voldemort can be defeated.
Hermione obliviates her parents real memories and sends them to Australia knowing she might never see them again to make sure their not hurt because of the war.
Ron comes back to his friends to help them as soon as he takes of the horcrux and tries to find them for weeks
Fred and George Weasley- Enough said, their awesome.

Hotness
Please
Daniel Radcliffe
Tom Felton
Matt Lewis
Stanislav Ianevski
Rupert Grint
Emma Watson
Bonnie wright
Evanna Lynch
Clémence Poésy

And you do realise some of these people are or have modelled ,look at their pictures , Please no contest

What does that have to do with writing, and so are ours or have you not seen them.
Again what does this have to do with writing or the acting and I say it again, so are ours.
Entire wizarding world, ministry of magic, quidditch, Hogwarts and the foreign schools not to mention the other stuff like all of that isn’t creative.
15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight (you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)
That’s fanfiction were talking about the movies and books, what does fanfiction have to do with anything.
Above potthead, I’ll give you the point, grudgingly.
Tom Marvolo Riddle
I am lord Voldemort
Please is that the best you got :)
How about the centaurs and house elf’s also uniting with wizards who have insulted them for centuries to defeat Voldemort.
Before the movie hardly anyone knew what twilight was and your book only became so popular because of it where as Harry potter already had a fan base before the movie.
Plus we’ve sold more copies of our books than yours and our lowest growsing film beat your highest.
I’m not going to answer this since I have given reasons for this above but come on please what good lessons are these that you speak of, oh wait you just said “lessons” I assume you mean bad ones like if your boyfriend dumps you become reclusive and brain dead and attempt to commit suicide.
Lily sacrificed herself to protect her son.
Snape fights for the light because he loved Lily
And other emotions such as grief, love, loss, hope, sadness and acceptance which never appear in twilight because Stephanie Meyer never kills any of the main characters which in a way makes twilight more like a predictable fairy tale whereas JK’s ability to kill off main characters like Sirius and Dumbledore and others makes Harry potter a serious book with twists and turns that keeps you guessing until the end.
22-she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand
There’s a reason why people off all ages can read Harry Potter and enjoy it :)
Plus big long words, fun fact they make the story boring and slows down the pace, I don’t mind sharp words but please she doesn’t use sharp words for effect, she uses them to appear smart.
Riiiiiiight because an entire magical world which includes a ministry of magic, music, sport and subjects aren’t creative at all.
Ours is more diverse and so much Bigger :)
What fight scene? the one with two guys having rough sex in a warehouse, a red head running and jumping around in a forest or the one where they meet with the volturi to have a nice chat and coffee :)
Whereas we have the battle of Hogwarts, graveyard, chamber of secrets and the dementors not to mention all the others like the tri wizard tournament
“Death is nothing but the next great adventure” Albus Dumbledore
What kind of quotes do you have ”you are my life now” wow so imaginative :)
Please there’s a clue and then there’s shoving it in your face

lebih dari setahun yang lalu LoopyLovegood said…
big smile
Jingle Bells, Twilight Smells, edward ran away
bella died jacob cried harry potter all the way!!!

lebih dari setahun yang lalu slytherinangel said…
cloudy
1- the writing is better

*Umm no. Twilight reads out like a mash-up, cross-universe fan-fiction and poorly written at that. If you want to know all the reasons Twilight is a poorly written book, go watch Alex reads Twilight on YouTube*

*Kristen Stewart isn't capable of showing any facial expressions and she comes off as a stuttering mentally challenged teenager at best. Sure, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are talented actors, but Twilight movies just make them seem mediocre because they could be focusing on better projects. The actors in Harry Potter started the movies when they were around 11-12 years old, but they were darn good for their age and their acting only got better as the movies progressed. Plus you have some of the best actors in the world in the Harry Potter films, for example: Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Bill Nighy, Helena Bonham-Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Julie Walters, etc. I could name famous people who've been in the movies for ages.*

*Bella tosses her friends away as soon as her boyfriend dumps her and she goes suicidal. She uses Jacob just to feel closer to Edward and strings Jacob along for how many books? Hermione Granger is a fantastic role model. She shows us that school is just as important as friends and that love will always find a way so don't give up on it. Hermione is courageous and although not the most beautiful witch of her age (in the books anyways, in the movies she's stunning), definitely the brightest and smartest and she sticks with her friends until the end.*

4-it has a PLOT!!

*Not really. The plot of Twilight is "Teenage girls meets sparkly vamp, piss off vampires, revenge, the end" and Harry Potter has a different plot in every book, introducing someone or something new, all the while maintaining a main plot that continues through all seven novels (defeating Voldemort)*

*How is a chick staring at a dude through most of the movie exciting? At least in Harry Potter we get to see magical beings and watch them play quidditch and duel and save the world and see how things work in the wizarding world*

*There's hardly any effects in Twilight movies. They just make the actors seem strong and sparkly and fast, that's it. That's all the effects there are. In Harry Potter we have effects for using magic, creatures, making magical objects come to life, the effects of potions or spells on people and all that fun stuff, which is way more exciting"*

*Harry Potter had a werewolf long before Twilight ever did. Professor Lupin would make Jacob Black crap his pants. There's also a vampire in Harry Potter, although he's not very important, he just shows up at a party, because in Harry Potter all vampires drink blood and aren't wussy vegetarians. And a boy wizard defeating the most evil wizard of all time with his best friends, is a much better story than a werewolf and vampire fighting over a plane Jane, whining mortal*

*Robert Pattinson said he hated Edward and that he really doesn't enjoy the Twilight films, in fact, he's made fun of the films several times. It's just a paycheck to him. The HP actors were all deeply attached to their characters and practically became the physical embodiment of the characters from the book on the silver screen. Rupert Grint is a living version of Ron Weasley.*

*All of the characters in Twilight are either good or evil, there's no in between. In HP there is that in between. Peter Pettigrew was not entirely evil, he ended up helping Harry Potter after we thought he was evil most of the books. Same goes with Snape and the Malfoy Family. They were all doing what it took to survive, it doesn't mean they were evil.*

*They are villains because they were taught to be villains. The Volturi are seen as evil because they want to harm Bella and the Cullen family. Voldemort is a villain because his thirst for dark magic got the best of him and he didn't know how to love, seeing as how he was conceived by the use of a love potion. Not being able to feel love leaves you with an emptiness that you have to fill somehow and he decided to fill it with evil, dark magic and trying to enslave the universe*

*The characters in Twilight are all extremely likeable, so much so, that they become annoying and being hot and cool have nothing to do with them being better than HP. In fact, HP doesn't have to rely on looks or "coolness" to sell any novels, they did just well without all the focusing on physical appearance and need for popularity. Which makes HP better than Twilight*

*They are just photographs, anybody can do that and put it on a glossy book cover. The HP book covers give a clue to what each book is about and I rather like the drawings on the cover and for each chapter*

*They look basically the same for every movie, sorry. With HP, you get something new each time, which is awesome.*

*Deciding that your vampires are going to be sparkly and vegetarian isn't a creative idea. She stole the sparkling thing from Tinkerbell and the vegetarian thing from Anne Rice (Louis survived on rats)*

*Every Twilight fan-fic I've read just sounded so much like the book, almost as if they were just changing names and that's it. With HP, I've read amazing fan-fics that have to do with individual characters and most are beautifully written*

*Nah, that's purely opinion. I rather like being a Potterhead or a Potterite*

*No, it's just stupid. At least HP characters named their kids something original.*

*JKR made Slytherin and Gryffindor finally unite to take down Voldemort, that's a much greater accomplishment, IMHO.*

*HP is an international bestseller and an award winning book series..what's your point?*

*What lessons do we ever learn from Twilight that are beneficial? We learn that you should go suicidal if your boyfriend leaves you, play with another guy's emotions, get married as a teenager, have a baby when you're a teenager and that, a man will always need to save a woman, because women are weak. In HP we learn that love conquers all, good will always win over evil, true friendship never dies, you can do anything you set your mind to, and so much more*

*WHAT EMOTIONS? Depression? Despair? In HP there's humor, happiness, sadness, etc, a wide range of emotions that Twilight will never have.*

*That's just stupid lol. Harry Potter is easily comprehensible for all ages, while still allowing adults to enjoy the novels without feeling it's grammar and word choice is too childish for them*

*Harry Potter had that before Twilight ever did, just saying.*

*More people have read Harry Potter than Twilight.*

*The fight scenes are over in a few minutes. Whereas in HP, the fight scenes are pretty long and intense, with emotions running amok so the readers can envision the characters clearly and realistically*

*Harry Potter is probably the most quoted book of our generation, because the quotes are wise and meaningful*

*We know the identity because they are 1 dimensional characters that are easy to figure out. They don't change throughout the series at all. They are sticks. STICK PEOPLE. In Harry Potter we see this timid little boy become a courageous man. A bookworm girl become a fierce, independent woman. A young sidekick become a king. They are complex characters whose personalities change as the novels go on*

All of your reasons can be shot to the ground so easily, maybe come up with some solid reasons that Twilight is the better story. Or maybe just face the fact that Harry Potter involves a more complex world and range of emotions and characters than Twilight. Twilight is specifically about two people. Edward and Bella. The Twilight universe revolves around them. In Harry Potter, the story focuses on Harry Potter but his friends and everyone else he interacts with in that world are just as important as to how the story unfolds. Harry Potter had a lot more thought put into it than Twilight ever did and that's just a fact. The people who like Twilight more are people who just like to read something simple that requires no brain cells to process what's going on in the novel. It's hashed out rubbish.
Blah blah blah.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ImAWeasley said…
I have actually read the first two Twilight books. With what I read, the writing style isn't to mt taste, and I had a hard time following along with how the book was worded. With Harry Potter, I could follow easily, I was drawn into the troubles, battles, love, and hate that the characters felt. I truely felt like a Weasley, I was broken hearted with the deaths, I laughed, loved, hated, and I lived. Harry Potter reminded me why I won't put a book down untill I finished reading it. With twilight, that was the only book series that I didn't want, or would finish.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu demigodbluez said…
tongue
I shall start by disagreeing with every single reason you have given.

1. the writing is better

Like real. I have read the books before and I do not get a SINGLE FRICKING THING she is writing. I only understood it after wtaching the DAMN movies.

2. the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

Talented? HA! As if! I can tell you that the Harry Potter cast has one of the best actors. And before the directors made the Twilight movies, they went to ask the HP cast is they wanted to star in it. :P

Role model... right. She is like what? 18? She just gruduated from HIGH SCHOOL. and later she got pregnant and got married. When Edward proposed to her, she said he had to give her what she wanted. This is what I call BLACK-MAILING.

4-it has a PLOT!!

No it doesn't.. so what is the plot? tell me? hmm? at least HP has a real plot and it stays bout the same throughout the whole series which is destroying Voldermort and saving the world. what does Twilight do? Hide Bella from a whole bunch of vampires? first those three people who i can't be bothered with their names and later the volturi.

HP have lotsa nice scenes mind you. They even made many memes from those scenes. and there are lots of nice sentences to remember. seriously, i can't even remember what was said in the twilight movies.

What effects? Sparkling vampire effects? at least HP has MAGIC.

What so nice bout a vampire and a werewolf fighting over the same girl and please do not call Harry a swinging wand boy. it is GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT.

Attached... right... Then why is Kristin Stewart to expressionless. she should put more heart into it if she is dedicated right?

Neither are HP characters. 'The world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. Everyone has light and dark inside of them.' ~Sirius Black

Isn't that bout the same as out death eaters?

Excuse me? We Potterheads have an EXTREMELY HOT ADN SEXY TOM FELTON OVER HERE. and Emma Watson and Evanna Lynnch is really nice. Matt Lewis is also kinda hot...

There are like at least EIGHT COVERS drawn for the HP books and Twilight? Only ONE.

Cool... Right. May I remind you that HP movies started in like 1990s so the first one may look slightly old-fashioned.

Creative? WHAT KIND OF VAMPIRE SPARKLES????!! Eww.... at least magic is more... reasonable. PJO too. ^^

THERE ARE MORE HARRY POTTER FANFICS THAN TWILIGHT. DON'T BELIEVE ME? CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF.

Potterhead is cooler. And Harry has shown that nerds can be cool. We also have a website called Pottermore. It is PLAIN AWESOME AS WE POTTERHEAD ARE JUST PLAIN AWESOME.

We have even nicer names and lotsa Latin references (I love Latin! ^^). Draco Malfoy is a really nice name.

Really? *raises eyebrows* I don't know much bout the last book so i can't really say but why couldn't they have united earlier on? idiots and their supreme idiocy...

So HP isn't? Think again.

HP teaches you bout friendship and Twilight? IT ENCOURAGES TEEN PREGNANCY AND TEACHES US NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? No, i doubt so.

Wand boy... is that the best insult you can think of? and the only emotions i see in twilight are related to love. eww...

that is precisely why people cannot understand. she is speaking in RIDDLES. what is she? an oracle? the sphinx? that's such a disgrace to greek mythology.

HP takes place in a MAGICAL world. who wouldn't want such a life?

So is HP idiot. and HP is read by people of all ages. i doubt that children under, maybe, elementary school will read as it will POLLUTE their minds. it should be read by 18 and ABOVE.

Eww... the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooo gory. HP is more EPIC and it puts you in SUSPENSE.

NO. I DO NOT. HP QUOTES ARE BETTER WRITTEN. THAT IS A FACT THAT CANNOT BE DENIED.

How???? Tell me. i'll be waiting here for your answer.

28. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

So Harry isn't easy to relate to? I mean, how often do you get a vampire boyfriend who saves you from getting killed by a car in your first few days? not often. but it's possible to become friends with a bookworm and someone a emotion range the size of a teaspoon.

29. they are written so anyone can read and understand without the use of your dictionary

really? explain. i don't understand a FRICKING DAMN thing.

30. Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee

Sorry? I can't. coz there isn't at all. but if you really read the HP books and watch the movies, you WILL cry. trust me. Dobby's death was so heart-breaking. evem as i think bout it now, the air from the fan seems to be colder. not kidding.

31. Because unlike Harry no one thoughts are actually that deep and intellectual

Like real. HP is really easy to understand. have you even read it at all???

5. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.

So? We also have a really funny Ron and there's Hermione who always scolding the two boys. who wouldn't love them? and Dobby is just so cute! Even if he is just a computer-generated character...

6. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.

i didn't. i'm just sayin' that getting pregnant and married at 18 is just PLAIN WRONG.

7. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!

I know it's FANTASY but not so OFF-TRACK where vampires FRICKING SPARKLE.

8. Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens.

Do i give a damn? no i don't.

9. twilight was romantic

that's the thing. we don't like romantic novels. all mushy and lovey dovey... GOT A PROBLEM?

10. it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it

So HP didn't? idiots...

11. there is a happy ending.

There was also a happy ending in HP. NOT COUNTED. KNOW YOUR FACTS WELL.

12. there is a battle between good and evil

SAME IN HP. REJECTED ONCE AGAIN.

13. sparklepyres or vampires, call them how you like - they have more nobility, more education, they are more fun, have more attractiveness than lots and lots of ordinary people. Wizards are interesting too but they don't have immortality on their side, nor the eternal beauty or that charming sweet smell ;)

They have more education has they have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD. and do i care bout smell or eternal beauty? life is bout growing up, getting married, having children and having a job. and later, you'll just grow old and die. GEDDIT?

14. it is important to anticipate te ending of a story - this is everyones mind exercise - but the Twilight series is not just "about a sappy love story that could have reached its happy ending in 4 seconds". If the reader gets cought up in the events of the story, the success of that story is sure. The complexity of the Twilight characters is obvious, and furthermore one can see the process of evolution that they go through in the 4 books.

4 books is not enough. HP has 7 books. PJO has 5 books and there is currently a second series. and the characters are already matured enough since the first book. THEY ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HP AND PJO STARTS ROUND 11 AND 12 YEARS OLD RESPECTIVELY.

15. she has a normal life, she goes to school and afterwords she hangs out with her boyfriend.

So tell me, how is getting married at 18 years old being normal?

16. you know her emotions and you realise why she does things. you can feel the love true the screen when you watch it. I don't feel any emotions accept feer when I watch HP but thats my view on it.

NO I CAN'T. SORRY. I can tell you that the relationship between Snape and Lily is much more touching than the relationship between Edward and Bella. Even though the scene was less than 10 minutes, I cried. That's how touching it is.

17. The book puts you in an average place: Forks, Washington. It's a rather normal place with normal people. Therefore, people can relate easier because they don't have to get past the "immaginative"(for lack of a better word) setting that is Harry Potter(big fan though).

What's wrong with king's cross station? and there are also some real places in HP. So how bout PJO. They travel round the world. that's okay right? hmm?

18. Bella has separated parents. I personally don't, but I know that some people's parents might have this relationship. People who know about the relationship can relate to Bella's family problems easier.

Her parents being divorced is her own family problems. we certainly did not need to know bout that. there are also many other people out there with divorced parents and even worse, NONE AT ALL, like Harry.

19. Bella goes to a regular high school, has regular subjects, and regular "friends" without magic powers. People can relate to that easily because, siriusly people, if we didn't get our Hogwarts letters already we're not gonna. At my high school, we don't study Charms or Tranfiguration but Math and Science. Bella's freinds can be stated as the stereotypes in high schools. I haven't read the series since the first time, which was around a year and a half ago, so I can't go in depth about this.

So you even know bout 'siriusly' huh? what's wrong with them going to hogwarts. it's a great school and just like any other school except for the fact that it's full of magic. who wouldn't want to go there? :D

20. Sparked the want to read in many teenage minds that had never really liked reading before.

Excuse me? Reading twilight didn't inspire me to read more. i already liked reading long before i found out bout twilight. :P

21. It's a great fantasy series, like our Harry Potter, that can make you forget the perils of real life, by finding how others deal with more exaggerated problems.

So HP doesn't have 'exaggerated' problems? What about saving the whole world? not considered? idiots...

22. For those who say Twilight has but one emotion, love, I argue that and say it also has pain. Bella doesn't want to have to choose between Edward and Jacob but she has to, and it kills her everday that she hurt Jacob.

HP has much more emotions than love and pain. there's friendship, jealousy, betrayal and many many more.

23. Also, it's not healthy to be that depressed when someone leaves you, but he was get whole world. I know that's not healthy either, but he was her first love. Everyone goes a little crazy thier first time.

Uh huh. i don't give a damn bout Bella. who cares bout her? i mean, you don't have to be SO DEPRESSED till you do not even go home and just curl up in the forest. take Hermione for example. or maybe even Annabeth. Hermione continued looking for the horcuxes when Ron left her and Annabeth continued searching for Percy. please choose the right people to learn from.

24. We say that Twilight is better because it has that Romeo and Juliet aspect. Bella and Edward are also star-crossed lovers and nothing can keep them apart. A good love story can always find it's was into the hearts and minds if people. Have any of you read Wuthering Heights? Another good example of star-crossed lovers. (and it was a superb book).

The relationship between Snape and Lily is a much touching love than even Romeo and Juliet. Romeo and Juliet is out-dated. it's just plain stupid and idiocy.

25. I would also like to add that it is perhaps a good thing that Stephenie Meyer didn't kill off any important characters. I've seen a lot of grief around the web when our favourite characters died in the Harry Potter series (Requiescant in pace Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Tonks, all four Marauders and the hundreds of good witches and wizards in Europe...). So Twilight is perhaps better in the aspect that none of the fans favourite characters died...

That is why no one ever cries during the movies or the books. it is not TOUCHING ENOUGH. what's the use?

26. Those vamps' powers from all over the world were kind of cool. I especially like Zafrina's.

who the hell is that? and i don't care bout power. who needs it? we have the oracle or prof Trelawney to see the future, reading thoughts can be occumentists, blocking of minds too.

27. Its creative! Of course, there are cliche's but beyond the obvious, many parts are creative like Zafrinas

Okay... i don't know what's with this zafrina person but HP is creative too!

28. They are addicting books. Once you start reading them you get hooked. That was for me at least I know its not everyone.

Isn't that the same for HP? -.-

29. the plot is good

So is HP. Please, give better reasons next time.

30. At least they talk about reliegon even 4 a short while

Uh huh. what religion?

31. Meyer is creative she even made her own type of vampire

Her own type of vampires SUCK. VAMPIRES THAT SPARKLE? O.o NO THANK YOU.

32. he movie may not be faithful to the book but at least the cast are good

the cast? good? are you FRICKING KIDDING ME? HP HAS ONE OF THE BEST CAST ANY DIRECTOR COULD GET. THINK AGAIN.

33. IT has a graphic novel

Graphic novels suck.

34. Stephenie Meyer did her research and found a place like Forks so the vampires could be outside. JK just made one up.

what's wrong with making something up? RR did too with CHB and Camp Jupiter.

35. It's vampires living in a normal world, not vampires living in a vampire world undercover.

In HP, it's wizards and witches living in a normal world. same for PJO. INVALID REASON.

36. The sparkles are so unique and creative. They're not stupid.

THEY ARE STUPID. JUST THAT YOU ARE TOO UN-AWESOME TO RECOGNISE THIS :P

37. They are immortal and they do have to survive on blood. I do agree that they aren't exactly like traditional vampires, but they still have some of the main traits.

dracula is much better than twilight i can tell you that IN YOUR FACE!

38. twilight has passion,mystery,sadness

i don't think so... there is no sadness at all, NO ONE IMPORTANT DIED. and mystery? REALLY?

39. its interesting

NO IT ISN'T. tell me then. elaborate.

40. its won mtv movie awards for the best movie of the year when new moon came out and the halfblood prince it was twilight who won the best movie of the year.

that's because the people were un-awesome and HP's awesomeness cannot be compared to.

41. besides the characters being hot, when you read the books you instantly fall in love with the character edward and the book has no pictures edwards personality in the books and movies is just charming and jacob hes so sweet.

If Jacob is so 'sweet', can't he just get the message that Bella is off limit and just find another girl? and i don't think that a sparkly vampire can be 'hot'.

42. twilight is also a little more realistic (even though its still fake) it doesnt say vampires die in the sunlight and they dont sleep in coffins in twilight its a normal person life goin two skool and everyting but in harry potter its the story we here over and over posions wands brooms and witches i like hp but twilight is better and it will always be my favorite

So you are saying that a whole bunch of sparkly of vampires is better than wizards and witches? Pfft. like real.

43. Harry Potter only depends in his wand and Edward Cullen can read his mind to know how and when and even how harry'll attack.

if only Harry will continue practicing doing occlimency with Snape...

44. And alice can know(Harry's only human after all,weak) the future

The future is unpredictable. and sometimes Alice can't see the whole future.

45. Some could say Twilight is a better book because it has more romance (DISCLAIMER: I am definetly not saying that HP doesn’t have romance- just less). Romance apparently appeals more to teens.

Eww... not to me. and not to other Potterheads out there.

46. Maybe Twi-fans could relate more to the feeling of indecision? Or the feeling of having to choose between two loved ones? I’m not too sure if that happens in HP (maybe when Hermione had to choose between Ron and Harry in DH? But, that was smaller scale).

At least give the characters a reasonable age to get pregnant and get married. 18 is WAY TOO YOUNG.

47. Well, I have to admit it… Meyer does describe Bella’s feelings pretty well. Jo is a WAY better describer on most parts… but on feelings, I personally believe that Meyer does it almost on Jo’s level.

“Just because you like something, and someone doesn't, that DOES NOT make them stupider, dumber or beneath you. “ –A nice quote to toss in the mix

What is this supposed to mean? -.-

48. Twilight is inspirational, just look at how many great fan fics there are!

HP fanfics are BETTER. JUST ADMIT IT. There are also more HP fanfics than Twilight. :P

49. Twilight was probably more difficult to write because of the location and surroundings of the main characters.

In Harry Potter, sure these people are different, but they spent most of the story among their own kind. They didn't really have to hide who they are . In Twilight, they had to hide who they were from everyone except from theirselves. (excluding from when Bella found out and their interactions with the werewolves)

In HP, some of them needed to hide too. Like the wizards and witched needed to prevent the muggle world from discovering of magic, Remus needed to hide the fact that he was a were-wolf, a lot of important stuff in the past were hidden from Harry, etc.

50. The Twilight books show a higher sense of maturity. (larger words, more adult themes. And by adult, I don't mean sexual)

You can't really say that is because Harry Potter is more kid friendly because HP has a lot more death and adults killing children... Voldemort trying to kill a baby...

I don't think that Twilight is matured as they show Bella being pregnant at 18 and getting married before that... At least J.K. Rowling chose a much more reasonable age. And Voldermort was blind with power. A lot stories have people killing babies too, what's wrong with a guy killing a baby?

51. Stephenie Meyer tried something new and risky. She wasn't afraid to venture away from the path most vampire novelists take. She did something different from what most people consider a "real vampire" to be.

(It's not against any rule to change what a vampire is because first of all, it's a fiction. Second of all, vampires are not real. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you stay with the main theme, as Meyer did)

J.K. Rowling also did something different. She created a school for wizards and witches, something which no one has ever thought about. She created a entriely new world.

52. Stephenie's vampires are original. How did Rowling's wizards differ from original wizards? She just invented a couple more spells, filled in a few blanks, etc., but the basic wizard and HP wizards are the same.

A couple more spells? Tell me, what do you know bout wizards and witches before HP was written. I'm sure most people think of them as people in black robes, havin' black cats and stirring potions in cauldrons. Is HP like that? Didn't know that magicians could be born to non-magical parents huh?

53. Twilight shows a real approuch to situations. Not everyone goes out and persuits someone and fights them in revenge, which is seen in Harry Potter all the time.

So? Wasn't that Victoria person doing the same thing too? Creating new borns to get revenge coz they killed James right?

54. Real people do not have courage like harry and his trio. (another situation) In twilight, all the characters , as much of their pride were realistic in the fact that they were frightened from their enemie. Like for not one second was Harry ever scared of Voldemort and was strong and brave. Harry Potter always wins his battles. Victory is sooo cliche, Twilight reconcises defeat(in small doeses), which is always good to read.

Really? It isn't really written in one person POV so that's kinda hard to tell what's happening in Harry's mind during the battle. I'm sure there are times when Harry wanted to just quit and probably go in hiding.

55. There is a love triangle in Eclispe between Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Love triangles can happen in real life.

Yes yes I know that. You don't have to tell me!

56. Plot line of the first book:
Exposition: Edward reveals himself as a vampire
Rising action: James decides to hunt Bella
Climax: Bella goes to meet James and is captured.
Falling Action: Cullens show up and save the day.
Resolution: Bella is safe (as far as they know at this point) Edward denies her request to make her into a vampire.

Excuse me? Every story has a exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution.

57. And there's more to the story than Bella falling in love with a vampire when referring to the whole series. There's the threats it puts on her life and all everyone needs to go through to get her out of it. There's the sacrifice she makes for love. The whole Jacob thing..

Bella is just an idiot who wants everything to go HER way. At least Draco isn't as bad as her. Tell me, what sacrifice did Bella make?

58. Bella and Edward - The Average Girl Gets the Hot Guy
Bella Swan, the main character, (played by Kristen Stewart) drives an ugly truck and doesn’t dress with any style. She loves to read and is an introvert, not a cheerleader. Her friends are few and her home life is less than stellar. However, it is she who Edward Cullen (played by Robert Pattinson) is attracted to.

What's so interesting bout this storyline, minus the vampires stuff and all that.

59. Edward loves Bella to the exclusion of all else. He protects her, worries about her and takes care of her. He is devoted to her and considers her needs far above his own. In Twilight, Edward tells Bella, “You are my life.” In New Moon (the second book in the series) he says, “You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world.” And in Eclipse (the third book) Edward declares, “You are my first priority.”

I won't argue bout Edward coz he realy had NO CHOICE. Bella is the STUPID ONE.

60. The fact that Edward is sincere in what he says to Bella makes the Twilight series especially gratifying to readers. These books are not merely fantasies, but love stories. Girls are swept off their feet by Edward’s maturity and thoughtfulness. They appreciate his compassionate nature and loving concern for Bella.

Not gonna argue bout Edward again...

61. Bella is a True Friend
Although many people in the community of Forks, Washington find Edward scary and dangerous, Bella only sees the good in him. She sticks by him even after learning the secret he harbors; Edward is a vampire. In the same way, she is also fiercely loyal to Jacob (her best friend). Upon discovering that Jacob is a werewolf, Bella is unphased. She asserts that their friendship will prevail.

Bella? A true friend? pfft. you must be FRICKING KIDDING ME. a true friend does NOT tell her BOYFRIEND 'If I marry you, you must give me what I want.' I can tell you, I would rther have Ron as my friend rather then Bella even though he gets jealous easily.

62. Bella is the type of friend that girls want. She is accepting and trustworthy. Her values are not skewed by society. She remains faithful, reliable and devoted to her friends.

Um... right. like real. who are her friends? the Cullens??

63. Edward is a Gentleman
Edward is Bella’s knight in shining armor. He treats Bella with respect in all situations. He refuses to have sex outside of marriage because he wants everything to be perfect when it comes to her. He drives when they go out, takes care of her every need and is polite and courteous to her father. He even holds her and sings to her.

If Edward is a gentlemen, he should know what is right and what is wrong. FOR GODS SAKE, HE HAD A FRICKING CHOICE! HE'S A VAMPIRE. HE CAN JUST MOVE OUT OF FORKS AND FORGET ALL BOUT BELLA. IS SHE THAT IMPORTANT??

64. Edward is so popular because girls love the way he treats Bella. Girls want to be treated like a lady, they want the guy to take charge, make plans for dates and be respectful. So what makes Edward so appealing? He isn’t pushy or boorish, but classy and sophisticated. He is smart and well read, mannered and considerate. Edward truly loves Bella and wants whatever is best for her.

Yes yes I know that. But the thing is he isn't real.

65. The slight attempts to add romance to Harry Potter weren't that great.

HP wasn't meant to be a romance novel. Talk bout PJO instead. Percabeth is just so sweet! ^^ <3

66. Twilight teaches us that people aren't ugly.

How? Tell me. I can tell you that Kristin Stewart really sucks.

67. it was a love story... And people can relate to love more than magic, which is a totally nonexistent thing

So are vampires and werewolves. But there are lots of magicians, at least magic is much more realistic than those two mentioned in the previous line.

68. The fact that Bella got sad doesn't make her weak.

People get sad and depressed everytime. you on earth gave you this idea? maybe it's because of the fact that she just curled up into a ball in the forest. CAN'T SHE JUST MOVE ON WITH LIFE???!!

69. -The villians are much more realistic.

Tell me, how? The fact that they kinda look like the black eyed peas? XD

70. I always considered the antagonist in Twilight to be the actual natural vampire instincts, not the instinctual vampires.
The Cullens battled with their instincs constantly. The battled against vampires acting on those instincts. Bella battles against Renesmee's instincts for a bit. There was Edward's natural hatred for Jacob.

So your point is?

71. Teenagers are capable of being in love, as displayed in Harry Potter.

What are you trying to bring up here? That HP shows that teenage love is unacceptable? -.- idiots...

72. I believe everyone is good, in the sense that no physical character is evil.

From what I've observed, the biggest struggles people encounter have little to do with other people as individuals.
The vampiric instincts is the evil. Resistance is the good. The vampires that resist are the ones who can be trusted, and the ones who don't, can't.

Yes yes I know that. everyone has light and dark in them as Sirius has said.

73. It's different in Breaking Dawn, though.

In BD, some human killing vampires are on the good side because the struggle changes. The evil is now interpretation (which in real life almost always causes huge problems). All being willing to assist in clearing it up are the good guys. All those not willing or those who misinterpret are the bad guys.

No character actually does anything evil, but they represent evil aspects of life.

Can you seriously please stop repeating this point bout everyone being good and bad? >:(

74. Stephenie Meyer took ideals and made them into literal situations. i.e. Love is eternal-Vampires are eternal, and for Bella, she needs to be a vampire to love forever,

Good vs. Evil-Resisting temptation is good. Giving in is evil.

Good vs. Evil-Intolerence and Passing judgement without knowing all the facts is evil. Knowledge and understanding is good.

-.- this makes no sense...

75. Twilight teaches you that you don't have to do or be what everyone expexts you to do or be (human killing vamires)

HP teaches us bout friendship and that is much more important than whatever the hell is being taught in Twilight.

76. You can do anything you set your mind to. (Defeat villains, become a vampire despite what others want)

That's seen in many books. INVALID

77. Good things come to those who wait (Love and happiness for Edward.)

Also seen really often, even in real life. INVALID. and how can this be related to Edward?? -.-

78. Bella got to know Edward over time.. At first, it was infatuation, as it begins with all relationships. Bella jumped the gun by saying she was unconditionally in love, which happens with real people too, but it eventually catches up with her.
Edward knew her well before he said he was in love with her.

mm hmm... so?

79. Similar obscure taste in music and literature. (obscure in the sense that it's not the most popular) That alone can be enough to provide strong, lasting bonds for some people.
They both live without at least one of their parents.
They both feel unworthy of one another. Something that keeps them apart, yet holds them together.
Being with someone exactly like yourself is no fun.

Duh. But sometimes it is. you can chat with each other as you both have the same interests and maybe bond even more quickly.

80. Then there's being somewhat shy and being introverted.

Lotsa people are shy, even me.

81. More, they're both very stubborn, compassionate, polite, determined, they both tend to overreact, overanalytical, the both put the other before themselves. They have a lot more in common personality wise than the do preference wise.

So?

82. There's less cursing in Twilight/ it doesn't get kids into cursing

Neither does HP. To me, cussing is usage of 'F***' word. that's all. the others are just minor. and the cussing in HP are stuff like 'Bloody hell.', 'Merlin's beard!', etc.

83. Twilight doesn't encourage setting your teachers on fire

-.- they set many people in new moon on fire. isn't that worse?

84. Twilight doesn't encourage experimenting on animals.

Yeah. they KILL instead.

85. In Twiliught, they didn't let the kids get away with in school violence

That's because in twilight they are like 18+ and what wrong did they do?

86. Twilight doesn't condone violence in the workplace

Workplace? tell me, is there any workplace in twilight? THE SCHOOL WAS UNDER ATTACK IDIOTS.

87. In Twilight, the Teachers don't hit their students

Excuse me? There are also people who hit their students in real schools even nowadays. Some schools even have caning systems.

NOTE: PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF YOUR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING. WHAT ARE YOU? 10? AND FIND MORE REASONABLE AND BETTER REASONS, NOT SOMETHING LIKE 'IT HAS A PLOT.' EVERY BOOK HAS A FRICKING PLOT. WHICH ONE DOESN'T? Tell me. I'll be waiting to hear.
You really think the Twilight series only consists on one book?

Anyways, don't bother reading all that, it's only a long rant about how much this person loves Harry Potter. (Responses such as "Twilight doesn't even have any wizards or magic" or "who cares about vampires?"
lebih dari setahun yang lalu alwayslily said…
heart
This is getting ridiculous. Look guys, this is a matter of opinion. Harry Potter fans: Our fandom is about friendship-without Ron, Hermione, and the DA Harry wouldn't have been alive long enough to defeat Voldemort. We are also taught tolerance with Luna and Remus: They couldn't help who they were, so they taught the people around them to to ignore their differences. Luna believes in nargles, which Harry found ridiculous, yet he still treats her with respect anyway!

Twilight fans: You claim that your fandom is about love, so show it! You claim that Twilight is about breaking down barriers, so do it here-listen to what the potters fans have to say, then make your argument. Read just one of the books before you make an argument. (Yes, I've read all of the Twilight books).

A good debate is fine, but there's a difference between debating and insulting and both sides are getting into 'the Malfoy Zone' for the potter fans and 'the Jessica zone' for the twilight fans. Passion is good, but support your arguments without saying 'you're wrong' because who's to say that your argument is more valid than someone elses if there's not proof. How can you prove your actors are better? Give specific examples.

I will say however, (I'm not saying that the person who started this forum said this, but I've seen this argument before) that saying that a book is only good if it has hot characters is vain. It's just an opinion

Harry Potter fans, the reason they hate us is that we bash them for their taste in books.

Twilight fans, the reason we bash you is because your arguments are often flimsy at best. If you really want to prove that your book/movie is better, then compare, contrast, and be specific. How is Twilight better detailed? Etc. Oh, and spelling is also and issue some of the time with their defense, so you might want to fix that because lack of spelling doesn't help your point (once again, not directed at the person who started this, this just something that I've seen a lot on the internet and I wanted to put it where fans in general are likely to read it)

BOTH of YOU: Read each others books, and make sure you have the facts. Don't judge based off of rumors. I don't mean to be preachy, but I came here looking for evidence and three thousand legit reasons and a legit debate. OK, now I'm leaving before I get preachy (I apologize if I came off that way, this is just something that has been bothering me lately and needed to be said before I went insane. link
No need to assume nobody's read Harry Potter.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu snily1128 said…
laugh
Dear Twilight fans:
Sorry, we can't hear you over our THEME PARK!
Sincerely, The Potterheads
Harry Potter still doesn't have a theme park.