harry potter vs twilight 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

harry potter vs twilight 606 balasa

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 601-606 of 606

lebih dari setahun yang lalu themonsters said…
I have decided to write down a response back to every original reason you had (I know many have already done so, but I want to add my own opinion in there). Do take note that I am not trying to attack you, but merely inform you.

1- the writing is better

That's an opinion. I could easily say that JK Rowling's writing is undoubtedly better, but, again, it's an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

Another opinion.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

She ditches her friends for her boyfriend without a pause, and almost commits suicide when her boyfriend had to leave her. I don't really count someone like that a 'role model'.

4-it has a PLOT!!

Opinion, and, in reality, each book in the series have a separate, blocked-off part that semi-relates back to the other books in the series. Harry Potter, however, is all about the encounters with Voldemort and learning more and more about defeating him, which is the main theme.

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting

Yes, your opinion states so. I think that Harry Potter movies are edgy and absolutely astounding, but I can't say that, can I? Also, I thought we were talking of the books, not the movies...

6- the effects are amazing

So are Harry Potter's. But that doesn't make a movie good. The effects can generally distract from the plot, themes, and character, and that doesn't make it any more superior to anything else.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

Yet another opinion. To be quite frank, this one made me laugh.

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them

Actually... Robert Pattison even stated to public that he rather disliked Edward Cullen.

9-the characters are not all good or all evil

SNAPE. DRACO MALFOY. THEY aren't "all evil" nor all they "all good". Honestly, I could name so many.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

Voldemort. It honestly seems that you've never read his backstory or even bothered to research why he's considered evil. Don't all characters have some good in them and are not all "evil evil"?

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

(You need to stop acting as if your opinions are legit facts.) Nice? Psh, no. Villains, no. Bella, no. What does it matter whether or not they are hot? And cool, I think ALL HP characters are the bomb. Lovable? Not necessarily...

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

YOUR OPINION. I believe that HP's aren't so shabby, either. They actually draw them, while Twilight;s are all pictures.

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool

Again, THAT'S NOT A FACT. Just because the posters are "cool", that honestly doesn't mean that the movie is decent.

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form

I suppose it is, despite the "sparkling in the sunlight". But HP has great and detailed ideas about werewolves as well, which you choose to ignore.

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

I suppose you mean FANFICTION, which is not a hard thing to write. Twilight really doesn't turn out better; it's your opinion, as I've said over and over again. Perhaps some of them are actually rather well-written, but you have to think that Harry Potter's are as well. Because Harry Potter reaches a wider range of audience, the fanfictions have a much greater number, so I do believe, in that swarm of words, there is at least A LOT of amazing stories.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool

So is "Potterheads", which is rather creative because of Harry's scar and whatnot.

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative

It's a nice name, just... it's not a good reason for why Twilight is a better read/watch than Harry Potter. A lot of names from Harry Potter are creative and beautiful as well, like Victoire from the New Generation. Or even "Nymphadora".

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

Harry Potter: Houses unite. The Wizarding World is brought under one hand to defeat Voldemort. Ring a bell?

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

HARRY POTTER. You are comparing this against HARRY POTTER. 500 MILLION copies sold, translated over 68 languages, and the most record-breaking series of all time. Harry Potter has far surpassed "international bestseller" title and became stuck in the world's history. Awards - need I say? HP has had countless awards and titles, all chosen by the very best of your book critiques. Say what you want about Twilight, just keep in mind that Harry Potter has MILLIONS of more sales, way more awards, and more international and historical acclaim than Twilight.

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

Harry Potter teaches bravery, love, the power of choice, DEATH, power, and friendship. There is so much to learn, and so much more than spells.

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

Harry Potter: Millions of fans create conspiracy theories, has an unlimited amount of added knowledge that needed to be added to it, just to clear up some questioning loopholes. Harry Potter: PEOPLE DIED, PEOPLE LIVED, AND IT BROKE EVERYONE'S HEART.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

May I remind you that Harry Potter was directed toward children and meant for them to be able to read and Twilight was written for teenagers - and if you think that Harry Potter is the one with bigger words, we have a problem.

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world

Harry Potter is the basis of reality, the retelling of what we thought of mystical creatures. It is the stem of imagination and so many authors have actually built of JK Rowling's ideas. Stop giving me your opinion, because Harry Potter and Twilight both have imaginative worlds that are explored deeply by everyone.

24- twilight is read by a massive audience

Harry Potter has hundreds and hundreds of THOUSANDS of more people who have bought the book. The movies sold for way more in the box office. Sorry, which one has the more massive audience? Also, just because it has a grand audience doesn't make it a good series.

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

HARRY POTTER. BATTLE OF HOGWARTS. EVERY OTHER BATTLE THAT HAD TOO MUCH.

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

You never have even picked up Harry Potter, have you?

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character

And Harry Potter doesn't?

One note to cullengirl: Please read the books or even watch the movies before you force your opinion on here. You legit have tons of opinions that aren't even backed up and you state them as if they are real facts.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Potterlover02 said…
That was like... I can't even explain what it was like... well, according to my opinion, harry potter is far better than harry potter
lebih dari setahun yang lalu i_m_amazing said…
Just saying, Bella is a HORRIBLE role model. She teaches people that you can't be anything without a man. Hermione, however, teaches people that it doesn't matter that you're not pretty or where you come from, what matters is what you choose to do with your life. She taught me to be strong, brave, and compassionate.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu sophieo said…
LOL bella is not a role model... she freaking jumps off a cliff because Edward died. btw Edward Cullen said he liked playing cedric diggory more than Edward whatshisface
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AlwaysHP98 said…
HP told a better love story in 5 WORDS than Twilight in 4 BOOKS
#AfterAllThisTime?Always #Always
lebih dari setahun yang lalu potterhead_04 said…
I'll reply to as many as I can.First,creativity-Meyer only has sparkling vampires and werewolves,Hp not only has the traditional wizards,witches,centaurs,vampires,werewolv­es and ghosts but also new additions such as dementors ,boggarts,red caps,hinkypunks,nifflers,graphorns,mooncal­fs,­dem­igu­ise­,oc­cam­ys and plants such as bubotuber,mandrakes,whomping willow and many more.A whole new world with its own laws.A new sport and its rules.New subjects which even have their own laws.For example we have gamp's law of transfiguration. Hp has many moral values .And I don't think twilight can teach the same way hp can.Twilight also has moral values.But the fans are so engulfed in the love story they never learn anything from them.The values from hp have changed hundreds of people's lives.And they are easier to get because of the quotes and the way the characters bring those values into their lives.And how can you say there is no character development.Neville from being the bullied and scaredy cat of the class became one of the bravest persons in the wizarding world.And teachers only hit their pupils(severus snape) in the movies.It was never mentioned in the books.Sure,the movies could not adapt the books perfectly.But that does not mean they were bad.Killing characters makes it realistic.That's how it is in the real world.People die during wars.But quote'they didn't die in vain'.They died doing something that makes their death worth it.And yeah sure it made fans grieve.But it also made us stronger.Taught us that people who love us are going to leave us at some point in life.But the world does not stop for anyone.You have to keep on living.Life isn't Lollipop land or some rainbow junction.Twilight quotes might be nice but they are not better than hp's.One quote could change your whole life.Harry potter characters had to choose between loved ones.Hermione had two choices....her parents or helping harry and ron.She wiped her parents memories to help save harry and the wizarding world.And if you're talking about language,one of the main purpose of the books is to improve your vocabulary.Cause like it or not there is more value in this world to people who have some of the best language skills.Meyer had a dream and wrote the books.J.k carefully planned hp over the years,imagined every single bit and created a proper name for them.And how the hell do the cullens have more education?They just repeat High school over and over.HP has schools,subjects,teachers who are newly created by imagination.And that is a lot harder.HP has a fanbase which includes all ages.Twilight has a fanbase mainly comprising teenage girls.In hp obviously they had to hide who they are.They concealed every place in a way muggles would not find it.They had to wear different clothes and act differently in the normal world.Sure thay could hide themselves as they were human.But how they hell could they control animals.You can readHP millions of times.I know people who are still reading HP ate least three days in a week since they were eleven years old.HP copies get tattered not because of careless handling but repetitive handling.How can you say hp does not have that many emotions .It has love,grief,friendship,enmity,hatred,greed just everything.It has love.And love doesn't mean just hook up between a boy and girl.A mother's love,a father's love, a godfather's love ,a friend's love and many more.And having separated parents is better than having dead or memory-gone ones.Twlight won the award on mtv.Hp won the awards on ten others.And the least earning hp film made 90 million more than the most earning twilight film.Making a place up is harder than just picking one.It needs brains.Hp did have a happy ending.Yes,we lost many people on the way but that's what made us stronger.Real people may not have courage.But they can sure get many moral lessons from the trio.And there are many other characters around.You can be yourslef and smart like luna.You can be hardworking and loyal as cedric.etc.It is a magical world.Duels will happen.And in real world students do get away with fights and bullying.And just because something is romantic does not make it better.Sure,alice is a fun charater.But hp has many of them....Fred,george,ron,ginny,peeves.And even though ron and hermione are always bickering...which is an expression of their previous strong going 6 years of friendship.Ron says harry and he won't last 2 days without her.Harry and ginny respect each other.When harry leaves ginny,she respects his decision and tries to give her contribution in fighting the dark lord.And in hp potter no character is absolutely evil.For every villain there is a back story that explains their character.And in twilight bella was a good friend only to jacob.In hp the trio is ready to die for each other.And there is no cursing till DH.In twilight there is no cursing.But do you think R rated scenes are appropriate then?There are superb powers in harry potter.The power to read someone's mind(legillimency),The power to change your appearance(metamorphagus and polyjuice potion) and different potions have different puposes.Harry gets defeated.How do you think dumbledore died?Some times he wins but pays great price.In ps he defeats voldy but loses his parents.In goblet of fire he wins the triwizard tournament but voldy returns and cedric dies.He wins the fight at the ministry of magic nut that ain't gonna bring sirius back.And cullen girl you have just stated in twilight what is there.You have not said that those values you can also get from HP with many more.
And lastly.....You stole our names.
Alice,Charlie,Black,James....If Meyer is so creative she could have at least changed four names and given jacob black a different vehicle to ride

A quote that could be useful for you- "It is our choices that show who we are..far more than our abilities".