harry potter vs twilight 1000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:32PM

i'll go first

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

harry potter vs twilight 2632 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2101-2150 of 2632

lebih dari setahun yang lalu PeaceLuvPotter said…
hmmm
No I thought, he his, Cause he doesn't drink human's blood, he drinks animals..
Wasn't that him in the beginning in the first one.?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu youknowit101 said…
That's not a diet, that's not killing people
lebih dari setahun yang lalu cassie-1-2-3 said…
That is called compassion toward humans.

(The movie isn't identical to the book)
Oh well dang. Sorry for askin a question.
The answers to all your questions are in the books
Kay.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harry6potter123 said…
tongue
twilight is just so lame i mean theres no plot the characters are so hollywood out.Harry Potter takes you in the books makes you feel something but twilight theres nothing.no emotion just bad dreams,crying and screaming.Harry Potter has a reason for their movies:to kill voldemort and so many other reasons.but twilight just so bella can be a vampire really.harry potter vs twilight you dont really have to think about Harry Potter wins.AND PLEASE EDWARD SPARKLES REALLY SO ANOTHER REASON WHY twilight IS LAME.and the reason i didnt make twilight big is because i have no respect for the movie
That's crazy. I don't have a lot of respect for Harry Potter
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Moniquekiara said…
Iactually choose twilight i mean im a fan and everything i watched Harry Potter to and evrything put l ike love stories like the twiight saga so yeaa
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harry6potter123 said…
smirk
you cant have respect for a movie or a book that says stuff like "a lion fell in love with a lamb" wtf who say that how can you have respect for something that makes girls seems so helpless without men.harry potter makes woman seem smart.i rest my case harry potter is just a all out better movie.and twilight just sucks ass
It's possible. I respect Twilight a lot.
You hate Twilight for the Sparkling vampire? That's kinda stupid. I'm a Harry Potter fan more than a Twilight fan, but I don't hate it that much. Hating on Edward for sparkling is another thing, its not his fault. It's Meyers.
Sorry but that's very witty..
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Timeoin said…
Harry Potter is easily better. I mean, heck, Robert Patinson was Cedric Diggory first for a reason :)
The reason was it came out first
What?
GoF came out before Twilight, so of course Rob was in GoF before Twilight. He didn't choose to be in it first
Oh, I thought you were talking to me '_'

lebih dari setahun yang lalu luv_warriorcatz said…
haha thats a new text face I've seen
'_'
lebih dari setahun yang lalu InvaderStickly said…
Twilight: a cheesy, awkward romance

Harry Potter: a magical movie telling about three friends who go on adventures

Harry Potter has NOTHING to do with Twilight, so why were they paired in the first place?
Cheesy lol :)
Saying you like Harry Potter doesn't mean anything. You guys need to say something of value
lebih dari setahun yang lalu quidditchstarr said…
I read harry potter by my self when I was in 3rd grade and I loved it and my whole family loved it. My dad has a motto for twilight... Kiss the sandwich... it makes so much sense.link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu quidditchstarr said…
smirk
HARRY POTTER IS BEAST!!! HE BEAT A DRAGON FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xXSima97Xx said…
tongue
Its because Harry is stupid, ugly, boring, link Jacob he's way better, he's got abbs XD and he's soooo hot! and he's strong. link
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Kirza said…
It's not that I think Twilight is written badly; certainly, Harry Potter has more made up words in it than Twilight. But HP has so much more of a storyline. The simple actions of the characters are enough to span 7 books, whilst the Twilight Saga is mainly just the thoughts of the main character.
Harry Potter also describes a much greater moral integrity. Whilst HP is about good triumphing over evil and the importance of friends, T is about love, lust and the dreadful trials of everybody liking you.
That's the one thing, I think, that made me dislike Twilight. The fact that EVERYONE loves Bella. It's unrealistic when she's such a depressive, strange child. At least in HP there are frequent arguments and bickering.
But I think the main difference between the two is the mood of the books. Lets face it, T is really melancholy and full of sickening lust for monsters who kill people. HP is happier, even until the end.
So yeah, HP wins in this situation :)
Harry...Stupid, ugly, boring? Jacob... Hot and abs? That doesn't make me want to like Twilight, your judging a book by his cover. Your reasons are unbased. Calling someone stupid by the way they look is just rude... Ok. Well all know Taylor Lautner is hot. But that shouldn't be a reason you hate on Harry Potter for.
If we can't call someone stupid because of the way they act, what can we base it on?
I didn't mean it like that, I meant to say, That she's calling him stupid off his looks.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu potterwatch24 said…
Personally, I prefer Harry Potter and sort of hate Twilight. However, there are lots of books I think Harry Potter is better than. The point is, harry Potter is in a league of its own, why was sit compared to twilight in the first place? It doesn't seem fair for Twi-hards to defend something they against the vast power of the Harry Potter fandom. I think someone just wanted to talk to other people who believed that Twilight was better than Harry Potter for a change.
Not that I like Twilight, I hate it. But perhaps we should cut these guys some slack.
It is completely fair to defend Twilight when compared to Harry Potter. I believe it is very capable of standing beside it. I've managed thus far.
@Potterwatch24: When you say 'why was sit compared to twilight in the first place? It doesn't seem fair for Twi-hards to defend something they against the vast power of the Harry Potter fandom...' What are you trying to prove? Twilight fans have a right to stand up for there likings. There are a lot of differences between HP and Twilight, that's why it's being compared.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sandfire_Paiger said…
hmmm
The Twilight fans are not giving reasons, they are giving opinions! Harry Potter fans are posting REASONS! (Reason-an 'opinion' with EVIDENCE to PROVE ITS TRUE)
There are reasons here.
Right now, Harry potter fans are giving a bunch of opinions, for some reason.
There are also a huge amount of opinions over there.

both forums have reasons and opinions.
Ok. (FLASHBACKS)
I read Twilight first. I thought it was AWESOME! I was on the Twilight Team. Then I read Harry Potter. I thought that was awesome too. I liked it A LITTLE better then twilight, so I joined the Harry Potter team. But basicly, I was neutral.
(FLASHES BACK TO PRESENT)
So I am just SICK of all of this conflict
Then go somewhere else.
But on the otherhand, I am willing to turn against one of them and join the conflict! *cough Twilight cough*

>:(
Then stay and enjoy.
laugh
@Cassie-1-2-3, its funny when she says that shes team Harry, and you gone Then gone somewhere else..then she says I can return and u go Then stay and enjoy :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu InvaderStickly said…
The characters are much easier to relate to in HP.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu happyandhoppy said…
i guess twilight is okayish but harry potter is my FAVORITE SERIES EVER!!! like no competition. also, i noticed a lot of comments about twilight being easier to relate to and also about twilight characters being better because they're incredibly hot and they don't need wands to have powers. I think this makes harry potter characters easier to relate to because they actually have a weakness (they need their wands to do magic) and they have flaws like all normal people do.
Where are all these people coming from?
lol what do you mean?
A whole bunch of random people I've never seen before have been coming to this forum to say they like Harry Potter, then they leave.
ooh i guess they just had something they wanted to say about it
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DracoLuver said…
Newblets who like Harry Potter, please go on the '1000 Reasons Harry Potter is Better Than Twilight.'
This forum is for Twilight fans ^^

Also, Cassie and YKI, are you two going to watch BD? How do you guys think her dress is going to look?
It sounded really pretty, but they haven't showed anything except her small tiara thing and a bit of her veil.
I'm going to see it. That trailer got me excited.
A picture of the dress leaked a while ago, but it was too small and blury to see any detail. If it looks anything like the dress Bella had on in the Illustrated Guide, then I'm sure it will be beautiful.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Fred_Wheezy said…
Okay, I just found this little forum, thought it sounded pathetically hilarious, and read the first few pages. I was right, been laughing for a good ten minutes now. First, I'm going to say the obvious, Harry Potter is the only way to go, and Twilight sucks. I sadly admit that in sixth grade I read the books, but even at the time I found the plots weak, the writing terrible, and Bella very, very annoying. I can absolutely not relate to her at all. But almost every Harry Potter character goes through something that I can relate to completely.

Okay, I'd really like to continue bashing Twilight, but I have better things to do (like reread Goblet of Fire while watching Sorcerer's Stone, or possibly lighting a fire) so I'm going to make this quick...er. I get why the actual Twihards here don't like us normal people coming and bashing their series, but you guys keep encouraging it! Siriusly, if you don't want us here, quit responding to the pro-Harry posts. Ignore them completely, because we see reason and logic that can not be challenged by a few romance obsessed teenage girls. And my fellow Harry lovers, might as well stop trying to convince them, because in my experience, Twihards are stubborn, stupid people who don't know the difference between a vampire and a fairy and will not take reason or any other person's opinion into consideration, which means no matter how hard we try to convince them they are wrong, they're just going to scream at us. I usually just walk out of a room containing a Twihard, since a screaming match is bound to happen as soon as the mention it.

Now, just a few more things. First, regarding the post two above mine by DracoLuver, you do know that a main character in HP's name is in your's, and you just called any people who like HP newblets? Am I the only one who's very confused about that? Oh, and you spelled lover wrong. Second, I know all you fairy lovers out there are going to hate me, but the Cullens are NOT ANYTHING LIKE A VAMPIRE. Well, besides the blood part, but that's more like a tick since they drink animal blood. The real vampires out there are actually cool, like the ones in Van Helsing. And modern vampires are shown absolutely perfectly in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They die in the sun, go up in a poof of dust when killed, have awesome fangs and sharp teeth, and they don't act all creepy, but normal so they can eat someone. And the perfect model of a lovable, incredibly awesome, gorgeous modern vampire is Spike, not one of yours, who don't deserve to be mentioned by name in the same sentence as someone as amazing as Spike. The Spike in season two was as badass as you can get, and a key quality of any real vampire is being badass. I loved him from the start because he was what a real vampire should be, evil, eats people, and is yet totally awesome. Then when he became all nice, he became even more lovable, because we found his sarcastic side and got to admire his Britishness more. Angel on the other hand, well he's basically at Cullen standards, not cool in the least, or badass. No one can challenge Spike as being one of the best vampires out there, so don't, just don't, or Buffy will kill you.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DracoLuver said…
First, I'm going to say the obvious, Harry Potter is the only way to go, and Twilight sucks.

That's not "the obvious" because people have different opinions.

I sadly admit that in sixth grade I read the books, but even at the time I found the plots weak, the writing terrible, and Bella very, very annoying. I can absolutely not relate to her at all. But almost every Harry Potter character goes through something that I can relate to completely.

It depends on the kind of person you are. Each series has relatable characters: Harry, he lost everyone he loved and was forced to grow up fast and deal with is surroundings. Hermione, who's extremely smart yet gets made fun of for it, and also gets treated badly by the Malfoys. Ron, who's not well-off and feels over-shadowed by everyone. Edward is miserable and hates himself because he believes he's set to destroy everything. Bella feels that there is nothing for her to look forward to in life {depression.} Carlisle is determined to help and protect people, going against everything that he's suppose to do.

Okay, I'd really like to continue bashing Twilight, but I have better things to do (like reread Goblet of Fire while watching Sorcerer's Stone, or possibly lighting a fire) so I'm going to make this quick...er.

You shouldn't bash anything at all. Bashing is wrong. You shouldn't degrade someone's opinion to making something else sound better. So, instead of bashing, you should post reasons that people can actually debate.

I get why the actual Twihards here don't like us normal people coming and bashing their series, but you guys keep encouraging it! Siriusly, if you don't want us here, quit responding to the pro-Harry posts.

Are you implying that we, for liking Twilight, are not normal? Normalality. doesn't even exist. It's called debating. If someone is posting here, we debate against them, just as you would if we posted on the Harry Potter forum. That's the whole point for this spot. I was merely stating in my previous post that if you guys are posting REASONS, they don't belong here.

Ignore them completely, because we see reason and logic that can not be challenged by a few romance obsessed teenage girls.

Oh really? To me, you don't seem reasonable or logical. You're openly insulting Twilight fans and your words of wisdom are merely cocky and opiniated. There are ways to state things in a good manner, rather then downright mocking someone for their opinion. If someone likes Twilight, LET THEM. They have a brain and are able to make choices, and they don't like Harry Potter. deal with it.

And my fellow Harry lovers, might as well stop trying to convince them, because in my experience, Twihards are stubborn, stupid people who don't know the difference between a vampire and a fairy and will not take reason or any other person's opinion into consideration, which means no matter how hard we try to convince
them they are wrong, they're just going to scream at us

Twilight fans are not stupid or stubborn. Some may be, but that doesn't have anything to do with the whole fandom, of which you are stereo-typing. And yes, I know what a fairy is and I know what a vampire is.
I found your statement VERY funny {and by this point, I'm very irritated so sorry}: "will not take any other person's opinin into consideration."
Really? How funny: " Spike as being one of the best vampires out there, so don't, just don't, or Buffy will kill you."
I do take people's opinions into consideration, like I have yours. I'm a Harry Potter fan, a very very big one, and now I'm taking the Twilight fan's opinions into perspective.

I usually just walk out of a room containing a Twihard, since a screaming match is bound to happen as soon as the mention it.

It's not just Twillight fans. Harry Potter fans aren't protected by a special bubble. Any fan that is dedicated to something gets excited by it.

Now, just a few more things. First, regarding the post two above mine by DracoLuver, you do know that a main character in HP's name is in your's, and you just called any people who like HP newblets?

Yes, I do know that Draco is in Harry Potter, which is why i made this my username. Draco Malfoy, son of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, arch-enemy of Harry Potter. He's not a main character, maybe a main side-character. He's my third favorite character. And by newblet, I meant "new people." As in, "All the NEW PEOPLE WHO LIKE HARRY POTTER, state it on the other forum." I wasn't insulting the HP fandom.

Am I the only one who's very confused about that? Oh, and you spelled lover wrong.

Yes, you probably are since most people, including Cassie and YKI, already know me on this spot. And I know I did, that was the whole point.

Second, I know all you fairy lovers out there are going to hate me, but the Cullens are NOT ANYTHING LIKE A VAMPIRE. Well, besides the blood part, but that's more like a tick since they drink animal blood.

Fairies have nothing to do with Twilight, so I don't think the "fairy lovers" are going to hate you. Anyway, yes, they do share many features that have to do with vampires. They're cold, immortal/inhuman, fast, etc. It never stated in the Vampire lore that vampires CAN'T drink animal blood. Blood is blood, so it doesn't really matter.

The real vampires out there are actually cool, like the ones in Van Helsing. And modern vampires are shown absolutely perfectly in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They die in the sun, go up in a poof of dust when killed, have awesome fangs and sharp teeth, and they don't act all creepy, but normal so they can eat someone.

But not everything has to be the same. I'd like to inform you that I use to say the same things as you before I finally realized - people THINK that's what vampires should be like. No one has seen one, except in mythology, so we don't know what Vampires look like or do. Stephanie merely changed them into a modernized version, which isn't bad at all because every vampire novel gets them a unique set of features.

And the perfect model of a lovable, incredibly awesome, gorgeous modern vampire is Spike, not one of yours, who don't deserve to be mentioned by name in the same sentence as someone as amazing as Spike.

Sure, in your opinion. I'm not sure why you're bringing Spike up in this because it's not Buffy vs. Twilight. You could have mentioned the vampire in HBP, Slughorn's party. His name slips my memory, though. Anyway, I haven't watched Buffy. He's the "perfect model of a lovable, incredibly awesome, gorgous vampire."

One, that whole thing was an opinion. People feel the same way about the Cullens.
Two, that doesn't describe the traditional vampire either, so I don't understand if you're trying to support your previous point, or merely state a random opinion.

The Spike in season two was as badass as you can get, and a key quality of any real vampire is being badass. I loved him from the start because he was what a real vampire should be, evil, eats people, and is yet totally awesome. Then when he became all nice, he became even more lovable, because we found his sarcastic side and got to admire his Britishness more.

That's brilliant. You can post that as an article and/or wallpost on the Spike spot because it has nothing to do with this conversation/spot.

Angel on the other hand, well he's basically at Cullen standards, not cool in the least, or badass. No one can challenge Spike as being one of the best vampires out there, so don't, just don't, or Buffy will kill you.

Cullens, to me anyway, are cool. They wear designer clothes, own dozens of cars, have amazing super powers, and are smart enough to act normal. And badass, I don't know what you mean by that. They don't fight? Which isn't a problem because not everything needs fighting, and this IS a romance novel.
And, also, if you noticed - NO ONE said Edward is better than Spike, because this spot is for Harry Potter vs. Twilight, so you can post that on the Buffy vs. Twilight spot {if there is one, but if not, you can always make one.}

G'day