Guinea Pigs My guinea pig hates me!! :(

Kohoutek posted on Aug 18, 2007 at 01:42PM
I've just 'inherited' an adult male from a friend's grandmother. He's not been handled at all, and basically lived on his own in a hutch at the end of the garden. I've taken him in, and had him checked up and he had lice. So I've been treating him for lice but not handling him too much in case he was in pain (he had a few scabs etc), and because I didn't want to transfer the lice onto my rabbit.

Now the lice have gone, does anyone have any suggestions on how to 'tame' an adult guinea pig? Or at least make it so he's not absolutely terrified of me?? :(

xx

Guinea Pigs 5 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Australia said…
I had a guinea pig like that once and i dad something that realy worked! I put him in a smaller cage inside the house (in the kitchen) and he got used to people and started squeaking every time someone came in! I hope it helps you!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PIKACHUROXS said…
what you need to do is try to treat it nicly and let
it graze in the field(to find how to treat yur guinea pig "properly" go to www.ASCPC.com/guineapigcare and if that does NOT work then take it to the vet and see wat they say to do.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu daxterluver3 said…
well i have 3 guinea pigs and when i fist got mi first one (jazzmin) he was scardof me to.. u just need to give um time and love and u need to bond
lebih dari setahun yang lalu angeli31 said…
well you can get bonded with him by talking to him everyday and giving him playtime and bondtime with you so you guys can play and you can teach him tricks sush as marco pollo i taught mine how to do that so just in case they both get lost i can find when they say pollo.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu angeli31 said…
by the way good luck on the bonding moments please send me pic of them
thanks