Germany German

caintil31 posted on Aug 15, 2007 at 09:58PM
Does anyone speak german? I'm taking german for my language in high school and wanted to know if it was difficult.

Germany 16 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DrDevience said…
I know only a few words, but my daughter is fluent and mostly self-taught. Really, it is one of the easiest languages because every letter has only one sound.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu eisai_xazo said…
I picked German as my 2nd language (1st english) in high school too.I found it very difficult and i had problem to pronounce the words right!!
auf Wiedersehen! :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu cutemimi said…
Hi!

Let me give you a German's perspective: German is easy, even little kids over here can speak it!
- Just kidding -

I think it really depends if you have an "ear" for languages. We do have some complicated sounds in German. The way we pronounce "ch", for example, is hard for some. Another hard thing might be difficult are our different definite articles (yes we have 3): "der" "die" and "das".

I guess with all languages it kinda depends on how much work you are willing to put in. Just try it out and see how it works for you!

Viele Gruesse aus Deutschland!
(many greeting from Germany)
cutemimi
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Storn said…
I am having it at school. Some of the words are difficult, but if you are a dane and speak english,then it's not so hard.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Kegel said…
I'm German. I think German grammar can be rather difficult, but all in all the language should be manageable for an English speaker. :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu caintil31 said…
I just started German at school and it seems pretty easy
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sophie1234 said…
Hi I'm from germany too. I think german is not too difficult. Have fun ! =)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Winslet said…
I'm from Germany, too! And I have to say that compared to English grammar German grammar is much harder and often the exceptions of grammar rules are more common than the rules ;) But nevertheless I love to speak it, it enables you to express so many things in such a nice way....
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Lars said…
German is not so hard. It is the sounds are hard to make for americans.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Snerkie said…
I can understand some words because they sound like the english word a lot of the time :) my grandma sometimes teaches me a few things since my grandpa goes in and out of english to german while talking, lol
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Storn said…
I think it's easy enough, because some of the words are very similar to danish, if you change one or two letters, then it's almost the same word.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu C00KiiES said…
I'm French, but my father is of German origin, so in his family they speak German and lived near Germany, but, it's true that German is a little bit harder than English, especially with the grammar. But, some words looks like English's so for an English it's not that hard. You know, compared to English, French & German are very difficult, we have a lot of complicated things in our language too.
And maybe you'll find that German is very easy, whereas others will tell you that it's hard, so you will see ;)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu jacob4ever57 said…
No my dad waz born in Germany though!! =P
lebih dari setahun yang lalu GermanGirly said…
Yes the german grammer can be very difficult for people, who are learning the language..
But im german, so for me its of course, easy;D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu aholic said…
Yeah it probably is easy but it's just that you don't know when to say der, die or das in some cases.

Words that ends with an E = die(female)

words that ends with chen = das (none) but what about the rest...?

That's what bugs me.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sassl said…
I'm from Germany :) I think it's easy :D