full metal alchemist Come talk about the "new and improved" FMA! Who else is excited for April 5th?

Dearheart posted on Mar 22, 2009 at 06:55AM
As of today, the new FMA series is just 15 days away!! *throws confetti*

For those of us who have read and loved the manga (and those of us who can't get enough of FMA period), this is AWESOME!!! And it'll be interesting to see how this new version compares to the old one. The storyline will be much different this time, since it's following the manga more strictly...and as we've seen from the trailers, the art is slightly different.

So what are your thoughts? Are you excited? Have any doubts about it? Do you think it'll be as good as the first show was? If you've read the manga, which scenes are you most looking forward to seeing? Talk to me, people! =D
last edited on Mar 22, 2009 at 06:56AM

full metal alchemist 5 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sarara-lalala said…
Omg i cant wait! Its so different but i love it! I saw that the animation was different too but i hope it is just as good or maybe even better!! Im looking forward to see Ling and how he becomes Greed and all, and all the stuff that happens at mount briggs!
Woo good stuff! I just cant settle down lol im too excited XD
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Dark-Axl said…
Yeah it might be good, the animation is different as I saw it. The anime was I think a little better then the Manga, yes I have read the manga. Greed turning too Ling is okay. He's defiantly better as his original form. I think the anime did great in not turning Envy in that crazy beast and having Ed kill Greed. I dunno the anime had a beautiful story line... or great whatever. The anime moved me and hopefully this one will too. Now I'm sure everyone wants the same voices and same with me, it just wouldn't be the same without Vic doing the voice for Ed and Aaron doing the voice for Al, they need the same voices and that would make it great too!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Dearheart said…
I'm pretty sure that Vic will be returning as Ed. I'm not sure about Aaron, though. He's hit puberty, so his voice wouldn't sound like Al's anymore. :-(

Personally, I love both the anime and the manga equally...for different reasons. I like the anime for same same reasons you do, Dark-Axl. It was beautiful and it really moved me. Everything was so smooth and top-notch about that production.

But I also like the manga because a) there's lots more wonderful characters and all of them are better developed, b) the villians are way creepier, and c) there's Ed x Winry!!! I am SO MAD that they cut out their relationship in the first anime! It was so GOOD! I love Ed and Winry as a couple because it isn't lustful, shallow, mushy-gushy or super obvious. It isn't like "OMG i ttly lurv my BF!!" or anything stupid like that. They are simply close friends who know the best, the worst and the just-plain-weird about each other, yet care deeply for each other anyway. It's something that's growing slowly and steadily over time; it's quiet and deep and beautiful...and sometimes extremely funny. ;-)

If nothing else, I'm excited about the new series because I want to see all the EdWin moments brought to life. :P (Not to mention the fact that Winry is WAY cooler in the manga version than the first anime. Not nearly as annoying or cry-baby-ish.)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu NarutoCrypt said…
meh
uuuh,no offense @ all,but i only like the original.....
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Dearheart said…
smile
Hey, that's alright! Like I've always said, everyone has different tastes and preferences. If you like the first anime better, that's your opinion and nobody has the right to bash you for it. (Personally, I HATE how so many FMA fans are like "OMG Brotherhood is soooooo much better and anyone who disagrees is stuuuuupid blah blah blah." Grrrr! Stupid Brotherhood elitists...) >.>

However, I will say...Brotherhood may be at the bottom for me, but the manga is near PERFECT in my opinion. (Go figure...it's the original story, so of course it's awesome lol.) It's got all the heart and emotion and strong relationships that the first anime had, but it's also got the awesome villains and epic plotline that Brotherhood has. It's the best of both worlds! =D I highly recommend you read up to volume 12 at least, if you haven't already. (There's some really awesome angsty stuff and character development in volume 11...)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu